Old 08-29-2009, 04:43 PM   #271  

Height: 6'1

Omigosh, its so hot outside! We have been running around today running errands and buying things for the house. I think we are going to go back out and bear the heat because we need to get food for the week. I think I'm going to take the day off from working out to give my body a little more recovery. I'm not sore anymore, but just to be safe, will get back in the gym tomorrow. Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far and surviving the heat.
shasha17a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 10:51 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Jessicdo - you take that pound and run with hun, absolutely amazing job!

Aclai - 3 out of 4 ain't bad and you never know we still got some time.

Ruth - Awesome, I think we all save our nice losses until the end.

Jacque - and here you were being a thoughtful daughter and making her cry, lol, glad to hear she's doing better and have fun down there.

Shasha - Hope you had an awesome time shopping, I love buying the home stuff. It must be hot everywhere, we're way the heck up north and it's been 30degrees plus everyday here too, stay cool.

Hope everyone had a great Saturday, we got tons of cleaning done around here and we seem to have a minor fly infestation, they must be getting in from outside but it's freaking me out, like some kind of alfred hitchock film. I'm killing about 5 per hour right now and my poor windows are all bug guts right now. Oh I hear some more better get the swatter...
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 07:53 AM   #273  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Just popping in quick before I go for my run... I've finally put the closet photos up on my blog if anyone is interested in looking! DH and I got that project done, harvested a huge amount of tomatoes from the garden, took them to his mother's where I tried out running on a treadmill for the first time (cmo4, how fast do you normally run?) which scared the living crap out of me, I felt so unsteady! Then, we went to a 4:30 pm showing of Harry Potter, out to dinner and then home at 9pm. It was a busy day for us! Very fun!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #274  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

A quick check in after my weigh in
I've stay the same - which is actually good news considering how OP I've been in the last month or so.

Thank goodness September is just around the bend. I'm going to pop over to the September thread, post my goal and
then I'm out the door for a walk
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 AM   #275  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Happy Sunday Peeps!

Yeah, wasn't around too much yesterday. I had a few obligations to a few friends of mine, so I had to take the day off yesterday, so I could plant my butt in a chair and do some competitive gaming. It was fun and relaxing and TOM didn't mess with me too bad. He is still around and heavy as ever this month. I don't know what I did to piss him off..but sheesh already! I was hopeful of being down to 180 before the September challenge starts, but TOM is doing some weird stuff to me this month. Then again, I could really care less. Progress is steady and slowing and I'm cool with that. I look great, feel great and I'm enjoying life. You can't really knock that..eh?

Probably wont be around too much today either. So I'll catch up with personals and such Monday, when I get back on track.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:21 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Girlies!!!

Tummy~ yeah, I'm kind of stunned that I'm sitting at the weight I am considering at one point this month I just knew I wasn't going to make my August goal--shows what I know huh? Okay, now you can't just talk about filling, yummy pancakes and not share the recipe!! Come on girl--cough it up! 176?!?! Holy schemoly chickie--you're doing fantastic! Wasn't it just yesterday we were cheering you on when you got out of the 190's? Talk about a productive vacation! I'm so happy for you!!!! Eww! Flies! I think it must be the cooler weather or something here because we're having the same problem--they seem to be hanging out in the garage and coming in every time someone opens the door. Grrr! I find using a vacuum to suck them up works wonders!

Jessica~ You take it d***it!!! Congrats on making your August Goal!!! Hope all went smooth and easy with the cable install and we'll catch you on the September thread if not before!

Aclai~ Congratulations on making so many of your goals this month!!! You never know, you could be graced with a swoosh tomorrow morning and find yourself sitting at 275. Either way though, you had an awesome month!!

Ruth~ Woo hoo! Look at you go! Congrats on the continued loss! Hope you're having a great time with your sister & fam!

FSA~ yes, I loved running outside! I'm still going to do my HIIT inside though--it's easier to keep track of my time on that thing and I'd rather save my outside running for when I'm going for distance. Hope you're having a great weekend! Thanks for starting up the new threads hun!

Jacque~ Ooh la la, look at your new avatar! You look smokin' hot! Glad to hear your mom is doing well, big to her--it's so sad when you lose a friend. Take care and we'll see you next week!

Shasha~ another CA heat wave huh? I don't miss those! Enjoy your day off--glad to hear you're not in so much pain anymore! If you need a break from the heat--come on out my way, it's only supposed to be in the 70's all week! Take care and stay cool!!!

SG~ Sounds like you had a great day yesterday! I'll have to check your blog to see the pics! Yeah, the treadmill is tricky at first, I'm glad I started out walking on it, I don't know if I would have be able to stay on the darn thing if I had started off running! When I do the C25K I usually do my brisk walk at 3.5-3.7 and my running at around 5.0-5.2. When I do my HIIT it's a bit faster though, but like I said, when is started out, I was walking and clinging to the hand grips for dear life the whole workout! When I did brave running, I was all over the place! I'm sure I looked ridiculous!

Susie~ Glad to see you checking in! Congrats on maintaining! Always nice to see after a not so good month huh? Here's to a brand new month and a fresh new start!! Hope you had a great walk!

Delphi~ Glad to hear TOM let up on you a bit--he's doing some weird stuff over here too. It's all outta whack! I'm not sure what's going on heavy on my light days, light on my heavy days...??? I'm going to pretend it's my body reacting to the reduced body fat or something like that! Glad you had a relaxing day yesterday hun!!

Down a little more today which surprised me, I bet I wouldn't have been had I woke up at my usual 5:30. But, I'm taking it. 143.4 I'm down another 2.25" this week too.

Got out of the house alone yesterday and hit Goodwill for some pants and long sleeve shirts as all of mine are starting to get too big. And I figured out why people shell out the big bucks for name brand clothes! Vanity Sizing!!!! Yup! I swear, the more expensive the clothes, the smaller the size you can wear! I am currently wearing Tommy Hilfiger jeans that are size 8--AND--they're LOOSE! I bought Calvins and GAP jeans in the same size, but Levi's and Old Navy--there wasn't a chance of me squeezing into an 8. So, while I KNOW I'm not truly a size 8--it does make me happy to be wearing pants that say they're a size 8.

Okay, well, not much going on here today. Hubby to the boys shooting this morning and I'm hear chillin' with the girls. I hope that we get some chores done around here today as we got nothing at all done yesterday!!! Maybe checking out SG's closet will inspire me!

Hope everyone is having a great day! Tomorrow's the last day of our challenge!!! Let's end the month with a BANG!!!!! Be good to yourselves and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 10:41 AM   #277  

Morning Ladies,

SG - Loving the closet, and the cat, lol, that looks fantastic. I love all the shelves in there, I see it as a home for shoes, ahhhh shoes. Well enjoy and enjoy that run, you're more than half way finished that program now

Susie - Great news on the weight, that's fantastic and you must have been doing something right so don't forget to give yourself some credit. Enjoy your walk!

Delphi - Glad you took a nice day for you, you're making me itch to pull out my controller too we haven't played since b/f vacation, hmmm, maybe during nap time. I have no doubt that the last pesky pound will find it's way down the drain pretty soon, sometimes those days off are just what the doctor ordered. Hang in there with TOM and eat some meat, keep up that iron and don't pass out, those ones are brutal, see your gorgeousness on Monday.

How marvelous that rest day comes every week just when you need it, or maybe cuz you know it's coming you're waiting for it. Who knows but threre's a lot of stiffness in these legs and butt and arms, that legs and back video I did on Friday was fantastic. So today is a nice hour of stretching and that's all she wrote. And just for some extra good vibes I'm down another 0.6lbs today, TOM sucks but he's my friend all at the same time . I have some scheduled phone time with some friends later (have I mentioned I like routine ) and I really should tackle my floors and hunt up a birthday present for dh.

Have an awesome Sunday ladies and I'll catch up with ya later.
Old 08-30-2009, 10:43 AM   #278  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

so, i did not meet my weight loss goal for this month... i am still at 254. But I was higher than that (257) so I am glad to be at the same again, at not having to fight a gain!

Ironically, I met ALL of my other goals for the month, the biggest being 1200 min of exercise, which will be taken care of today. I only have 50 min left to meet goal!!

happy sunday all
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:00 AM   #279  

CMo4 - you snuck in on me, lol. A vacuum cleaner is a marvelous idea, I'm tired of picking up their crunchy little ickiness with a kleenx. And I think you might really like the cookbook those pancakes are from, it's called The Eat Clean Diet Cookbook by Tosca Reno, she is a contributor to Oxygen Magazine. There's another diety book that it goes with but i was hunting for some good recipes, it's all low processed, low cal, low fat, balanced carb/protien kinda stuff. There are some ingredients that might be hard to find in a few recipes but mostly it's very straight forward easy to cook stuff. And it tastes good! And take that loss, good for you, you've already blown past goal #2, so what's the next moutain you're going conquer?

Dcapulet - Congrats on the minutes and for getting back down, that's a huge accomplishment in itself, bring on September!

so the super duper fantastic pancakes...

Power Oatmeal Pancakes
6 egg whites, beaten until fluffy
1/2 cup low-fat/no fat cottage cheese
1 scoop protien powder
1/2 cup oatmeal, uncooked
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup flax seed (I used flax meal for better digestability)
1 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp canola oil
1/2 tsp cinnamon
cooking spray

Topping
1/2 cup blueberries (or raspberries)

1. Place all ingredients except beaten egg whites in a food processor and pluse until mixture is unifrom.

2. Place blended ungredients into a bowl and add egg whites. Fold until just blended.

3. Prepare griddle with cooking spray. Laddle pancake mixture (1/4 cup per pancake) onto griddle and cook until both sides are browned.

4. For topping, place blueberries in small saucepan with 1 Tbsp water, mash blueberries and bring mixture to boil. When mixture is syrupy remove from heat and drizzle over pancakes.

Last edited by Tummy Girl; 08-30-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Old 08-30-2009, 11:02 AM   #280  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Hello ladies!

First of all I would like to thank each and everyone for all the words of encouragement I am truely blessed to in the mist of such worderful ladies. I know that I can not do this journey without all you helping me along the way. I am doing my best to post on here daily from now on. I feel so much better when I am checking in.

Now as for me today I am feeling a little better not so stressed, I can't believe it my birthday is just around the corner and I never thought I would be depressed over it but I seem to feel down and not looking forward to it LOL

I am getting back on the wagon again!!!! Drinking my water and I am starting the HIIT program again today... I have a question for all you ladies that have been doing this for a longer time than I. I am wanting to get a good schedule routine down with my workouts. Should I do just my morning workouts or would it be good to do another later in the day?

Hope you all are having a wonderul day!... I am making lean beef/chicken meatloaf tonight with some steamed veggies... Thanks again for everything you ladies are the greatest.....
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 11:34 AM   #281  

Mystical - Are you wanting to do two workouts a day or just what time to do HIIT, I wasn't sure? and hugs for the birthday, sometimes they just suck but at least this year you'll look super awesome!
Old 08-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #282  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/135

Height: 5'0"

Tummy Girl : Thanks this birthday is the Big 40 I know everyone keeps telling me I still look like I am in my 20's and that does help. I guess allot of it is that my daughter is in Hawaii with her family now, and my oldest son is a senior this year and now for my baby he starts high school this year and my step-son is a senor and will be turning 18 in Feb. Wow now that was a mouthfull LOL

As for the workouts I was thinking on doing the HIIT first thing in the morning and then around 1pm I was thinking I might do a resistance band training or some kind of weight training ???? But I am not sure where to start with all that .
mystical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:13 PM   #283  

Hi girlssssss Getting off to a late start today. DH is leaving for kentucky tomorrow so it's been pretty busy. We had terrible stormy weather yesterday and it's so nice to see the sun today.

Dccapulet, congratulationsssssssssss girl :c heer:

Tummygirl, congratsssssssss on the loss enjoy your rest day and thanks for sharing the recipe with us

Mystical, hi there : ). Regarding whether to do a morning workout or another one in the afternoon, I like your idea of doing the HIIT and then if you decide to do another afternoon workout do something that entails more of the upper body or alternate with walking as its always safe, etc. When I started, I did upper bod movements (wii fit at the time + increased intensity) as I was quite rusty and didn't want to jump right in to strength training (though it is ok if you start with small weights). It really is up to you but my thoughts are that if your just starting out it may be sufficient to commit yourself to one workout a day on the days you choose and then have your additional workout that day as optional. That way you give yourself some flexibility and you can ease yourself into it, see how your bod feels, not let it get overwhelming (which can backfire), etc. etc. Nothing wrong with doing something in the afternoon too....we sure will be here to root you on just think about what you want to set as a goal for accountability and you still have some time to do that. Have a great day

Sandye....yvw chickie, hugs right back at you. Wtg on those size 8's, they run different according to brands but heyyyyy you got into plenty of t hem!!! THat rocks girl! congrats....have a great day with the girls today.

Jacquee, im glad your mom is feeling better. Delphi, Im glad your feeling better. Susie, wtg on maintaining Sasha, hope it's a bit cooler there for you today. A big hello to all of our girls, hope everyone is having a great day.

I'll be back soon to catch up. HOpe you all have an awesomeeeeee day
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 01:16 PM   #284  

oops I forgot. Anyone who has lost weight and wishes to report it please do so by aug. 31 as we sometimes tally the loss to get an approx. idea. IT's not a must by any means so however you wish ladies. I didn't do a tally last month but the team lost 105+ lbs. in july! It was over 80 last month but rough estimate. Okay, talk soon. You gals rock
Old 08-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #285  

:c arrot:

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!! try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week--MET GOAL!!
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex--MET GOAL!!
Darby1: lose 6lbs. to get under 190--MET GOAL!! Lose another 3 lbs. to get to 186.5. ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
Miss Mallee: lose 5lbs--MET GOAL!! eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose 7lbs. to get to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 177--MET GOAL!!
bbee: Lose 6 lbs.
Aclai4067: By Aug. 7- no longer morbidly obese--MET GOAL!! By Aug. 13- reach 10% target--MET GOAL!! No candy through Aug.21 (started July 21)--MET GOAL!! Down to 255 by Aug. 31.
princess2323: start exercising again, workout 1 hr. a day, get eating in order, + get into the 140's.
iamren: lose 9lbs.
Shrinking Girl: lose 6lbs, goal weight for end of August is 217.5--MET GOAL!!
Sunny Gee: lose 5.5 lbs. to get to 157.5
Jacque9999: see 125 sometimes in August--MET GOAL!! try new foods...health foods! + tone more and lose more belly fat.
susie martin: lose 10lbs. and do a daily chick check in.
ladyfyre: lose 11lbs, take my lunch to work...no more fast food, get to the gym 3x/wk, at least a 1/2 hr. of daily exercise and never be rushed in the morning.
loriehohlf: no post weight in off plan eating, track what I eat, continue with my activity and keep losing.
HeatherEljohari: goal weight of 169.8, 3x/wk at the gym...60+mins. a pop. 40 15 lb. weights, + 40 sit-ups.
KEmery08: venture into the 150's + get involved in some sort of ex. class.
lookingtobehealthy: goal weight of 225.
nellonello: get into onderland.
khunter: lose 7lbs. to get to 145.
Mystical: lose 6-8lbs.
BKKchick: lose approx. 5 lbs. to get to goal weight of 114.5
gillychicks115: lose 5lbs, keep it off, + start strength training more.
rcrough: drink 2.5 liters of water/day, stay OP, + no mindless snacking.
mars540: lose 10lbs., fit a size 8 by Sep.1, + no excuses.
shasha17a: lose 8 lbs.
naz: lose 10lbs.
75togo: lose 8lbs. + ex. 45 min. 4x/wk.
Phenomenal Woman: lose 6 lbs. + ex. somehow everyday.
sotypical: Lose some weight.
Ja23: Lose some pounds.
Jeannep:
smileydd: to go from 251
echo: lose 8lbs.
glutio: lose 5-10 lbs.
jessicado22: get into the 260's--MET GOAL!! Fit into small size 20 pants--MET GOAL!!
twilightfan: Lose 10 lbs.
Lisan1128: lose 5lbs.+ exercise 4-5x/wk.
Hotsplashes: get out of the 180's--MET GOAL!!
MrsVegan00: lose 7-10 lbs., keep up running with DH, stay on fiber and cut out junk food like chips, and drink lots of water.
holamamacita: be 195 lbs.
smileydd: