Old 08-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #136  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Shrinking ~ I just want to mention that it is very difficult to gain muscle mass, while creating a calorie deficit. Most of the time we are only strengthening the muscles we already have while creating this deficit to lose weight. Because as much as we hate to think we are burning muscle, when you create a calorie deficit, burning muscle is inevitable, hence it being very difficult to actually gain "extra" or "additional" muscle mass. This is precisely the reason body builders have extremely high calorie intakes, that way they ensure the body doesn't use muscle as fuel, rather the calories they put into their bodies. So don't worry too much about muscle gain sweetie. Our bodies can retain a whole heap of water, and the week before, during or after TOM, can be a retention nightmare, but you take comfort in that and keep moving forward.

LTTG ~ Hey you! What's shakin' mom? Three on the NSV girlfriend. I know you were feeling great and still are. Way to go on sticking with it and keeping that positive mindset. You are doing great and it's just awesome to see you dedicating yourself in such a manner.

missmalle ~ Have fun, it sounds like you have an excellent day planned.

Last edited by Delphi; 08-22-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 01:40 PM   #137  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Height: 5'6"

Delphi - Oh I know it's hard to gain muscle mass while in a deficit (except for the first 3 months) and I must have sounded like I hate my muscle, but I don't... I love it. As far as I'm concerned, the more the merrier... it lets me eat more! (you can see where my priorities are! haha) I'm always a bit wistful when I see how quickly some of you are losing weight but then I remind myself that I'm deliberately eating more calories than most would specifically to try to maintain most of my muscle mass.
Yeah.. I feel like a newbie at the period thing which is just ridiculous at my age but man, I usually only get it one to three times a year and this is the first time I have been watching my weight during it.... now I know what everyone is complaining about!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #138  

Hi girls Im fine right now and came in to catch up. Nice to read all of your news, as always!!! Hope your all having a great weekend.

Aclaia, congratulationsssssssssssss on meeting yet another goal ! :c heer: I will update the list with your red goal met right after this post wtg!

Congratulationssssss on the losses girls, Delphi, echo, LTTG, MsP, jessica, msmallee, and to all of you. SOrry if I missed anyone. wtg ladies

also, congrats to all on keeping at it and striving toward a healthier lifestyle. I am so happy we have each other here, it makes the journey so much more fun and it's just great in so many ways. LEt's hang in t here girls and keep on truckin'....

ruth and shrinking girl, hope you feel better. SG, how are your knees chicky? keep us posted. I always gain fluid during TOM, hope your feeling okay. Hang in there, you have been doing great with your curves and workouts and I wish you all the best with your other goals as well keep up the great work girls.

Jacquee, how are you doing darlin'? and how is mom? keep us posted girl. hugs.

Our tummygirl is in nova scotia on vaca, the hurricane is headed there tomorrow i think. Luckily, it has winded down and I beleive it to be a category 1 now. Tummygirl, hugs chickie, we miss ya and await your news upon your return.

MsP, I hope you are having a wonderful time at the ballgame this weekend.

Hi miss mallee : ) good luck with finding the trampoline today, and wtg on taking the gain in stride which is most likely fluid. Keep us posted on the trampoline. Bravo on the volunteer work, hope you had a lovely day

oh boy, I have to go. It is thundering like crazy and my poor pup is go ing nuts. I need to get downstairs. Hope to get to the rest of you soon. Keep up the great work girls.....hugs
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 04:39 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Storms Storms And MORE Storms! Poor ole Geriatric Dobie has been having a tuff day with teh weather today. It's either Storming or beautiful and sunny!

Dropped 4lbs! But that is only the weight I went up last week!lol But still taking it as a loss!

Making Spaghetti Sauce today with everything from my garden!! My house smells great! And eating well also..

AND DRINKING ALL MY WATER!!lol
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:37 PM   #140  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Hey girls! Well, it's been a busy day getting ready for the party tomorrow, but I think we have pretty much everything covered. Just a little last minute straightening up to do in the morning and it's good.

SG~ Oh no, no, no...I wasn't scrubbing walls for the party--heck, so long as it doesn't rain, it's being held entirely out back--I need to scrub the walls to prep the room for painting! There's no way I'd scrub walls for a party--unless I HAD to of course. However, my friend's hubby--he actually painted the back of his house in preparation for a birthday party once! We've never let him live it down either!

Okay girls, well, I'm sorry for not doing more personals--but I'm wiped out today. I really just want to go to bed and wake up with everyone happy as little larks and healthy as strong horses (one of the girls wasn't feel good all day--her tummy hurt-- I'm praying she doesn't have what my son had...ugh!). Have a great night all and I hope you're having an awesome weekend!!!!

Last edited by iDream; 08-22-2009 at 08:37 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:21 AM   #141  
One day at a time.

S/C/G: 255/see ticker/135-120

Hey Ladies,

Unfortunately, I think I might be getting a cold. Thanks, Delphi, I did have a great day, but I crashed out on the couch in the middle of it. And hours later, I'm still ready to go to bed at a decent hour! It's only 9:10pm.

Another unfortunately, FullSteamAhead, I didn't find a trampoline at Goodwill, but I see 40 dollar ones on Amazon and I'm about to look around at Wal-mart. And thank you. I am also looking for a new, digital scale, so hopefully I can better see what my actual weight is since our current on is at least 5 pounds off from the doc's.

Sandye, I hope you have a fun time at the party tomorrow; I know they can get a little stressful trying to be a good hostess. I'm hoping your girl isn't getting sick!

So, I ended up not exercising today, but then again I felt really tired all day. Hence why I think I'm getting a cold. At least I have a whole month until school starts. I think I did pretty well with staying OP, except for not exercising; but I'm not beating myself up about it. I plan on collecting some phone numbers from my friends on myspace, (my cell phone is non accessible,) and then going to bed. I plan on getting up early enough to go for a walk, maybe little jog, before church (8:30am!) tomorrow morning. That way, if I want to I can crash after church. My piercing is healing wonderfully, at least my two friends who went through the process think so. Tomorrow and/or Monday will be a busy, busy day with all the phone calls I have to make with school (financial aid,) work interview possibility, cell phone, and medical massages just to name a few. Oddly enough, with all the things I have to do, I feel awfully calm. I hope it's not the calm before the storm; so positive, happy thoughts.

And yes, I am in an unusually good, optimistic mood. But I like it.

Good Night Ladies!

Last edited by Miss Mallee; 08-23-2009 at 12:26 AM. Reason: Adding on to post.
Miss Mallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:38 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 310/169/155

Sorry ladies...didn't get on the computer until really late, so I am too tired to go and read everyone's post for personals. Will try and do it tomorrow!
Well, weighed myself in for the Jingle away the Jiggle challenge today and the stupid scale was up 1/2 a pound again today. I know a 2 pound loss per week is good, blah, blah blah...but I would really, really like to see 3 or 4 lb loss per week while I am at such a high weight. When I lost weight before, it seemed like the pounds flew off while I was heavier, but of course then I was doing low carb and this time I am not...so maybe that is why my expectations are so high. Also, I would love to do a body cleanse to jump start things, but I can't since I am still bf and don't want to release too many toxins through the milk.
So anyways, I was feeling bummed today and started searching online for tips to see if I should change anything that might be stalling my weightloss. I read all about zig zagging weight, cheating once in awhile to jumpstart your metabolism, etc and didn't really get any answers. Then this little voice in my head started telling me I should cheat.....cuz it would jumpstart my weight loss! I mean, I haven't had anything un diet-like for over a month....so I deserve it right!? I had an orange for bfast and a big salad with veggies on the side for lunch and decided to order in a huge big pizza for dinner and just go nuts. I thought about it all day. The delicious cheesy goodness. I got online and was trying to decide on Papa Johns or this little organic place in town. Then I read that a Spinach Alfredo slice of pizza was 380 calories. 380 calories for one slice (1/8 of a medium pizza). I knew if I ordered the pizza, I would eat the whole pizza so I wouldn't be tempted to eat any the next day.....and of course I would have to order the garlic sauce, which is I'm sure full of low calorie healthy awesomeness.

So, I didn't get a pizza at all. I made healthy burritos using yogurt instead of sr cream and these healthy low cal whole grain tortillas. Who would have seen that coming? Not me! Especially after dreaming of that #*&#& pizza all day. So I am quite proud of myself...and at the same time I am still trying to figure out if there might be something I am doing wrong that might speed up my loss just a little.

Here are the basics: I have been doing a steady 1200-1500 calories aday for the past month or so with absolutely no cheat days whatsoever. No sugar. Lots and lots of fruit, a good amount of veggies, soy products or beans (I'm vegetarian), some low cal whole grain tortillas to make veggie sandwiches, etc, nf yogurt, lf cheese, popcorn with no oil/butter. No artificial sweeteners. No pop/coffee. Hardly any salt. Lots and lots of water. Working out about 1 hr a day. Not eating after 8:30 - 9.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have heard soy might stall weight loss, so perhaps I should back off of tofu? Or maybe I should "cheat" once in awhile and up my calories once in awhile to jump start metabolism? Does anyone do this with successs? I already tried losing weight on a higher calorie intake and nothing happened, so I don't think that is it, or I would gladly uptake my calorie count to 1500+. Or maybe 2 lbs a week is all my body will do at this point healthily, sigh....

Well anyways--off to bed! Will come back and do personals for everyone tomorrow. Thanks for listening to me rant and I appreciate any feedback!
jessicado22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #143  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Morning ladies
Did my weigh in & I've stayed the same - so that's good news.

I've got a hectic day of canning ahead of me.

Today I'll be working on a year's worth of tomato juice.
I'm estimating it will take most of the day & I'll get between 25 - 35 quarts of the stuff.
Could be more.
Home canning is lots of hard work ...but so worth it down the road.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:09 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Good morning girls!!!

Molly~ rest up hun, if you can kick this cold before it gets out of hand, that would be awesome! Also, I don't know if you've ever tried Zicam (the tablets, not the swabs--they've been linked to loss of smell in some people), but I swear by them! I start taking them at the first sign of a cold and it's usually gone in a day or two.

jessica~ wow, you're not eating very much girlie! The very first thing I would suggest is upping your calories. I'm the same height as you and I'm doing zigzag calories and my lowest day is just under 1200 and my highest day is over 1500 (I got my zigzagging schedule here: http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm plug in your info and then click on the 7 Day Calorie Cycle, it'll give you a couple options for how many calories to eat each day). I started off eating around 1150-1250 a day and while that worked for a while, once I got to around 150 I stalled out and I was just starting to get more hungry. That's when I tried zigzagging. But yeah, you could certainly use some more calories hun. An orange for breakfast isn't much, no protein at all and while it's great that it's a fruit, that means it's mostly water and that's not going to hold you over. You didn't mention how often you eat, if you aren't already, try to eat 5-6 small meals a day or you could do 3 bigger meals with smaller snacks in between--but don't just eat 3 times a day, your body needs constant fuel to keep it going. WTG on being cheat free for over a month--that's awesome! It takes a lot of will power to make the changes you've made and you should be super proud of yourself!!

Susie~ congrats on maintaining!!! I was just talking to my ils about wanting to learn to can stuff! Especially with apple season coming up I'd love to learn how to can some cooked apples or make apple butter (hubby loves the stuff). I might have to pick your brain should I decide to take the leap! It sounds like hard work for sure--but I really would love to do it and it seems so worth it in the end!

NSM, Delphi, FSA, Shasha, SG, Tummy, Hotsplashes, Ruth, MsP, Jewelie, MissP, Mom
and anyone else I've missed, I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and congratulations to everyone who's lost!!!! You're all doing wonderfully and I'm so proud of all you!!

Well, today's the day! I get have cupcakes!!! Oops, I mean, it's the girls' party!!! haha Em was up a lot last night and hubby was up with what he thinks is poison ivy or some such thing so we're not getting an early start. I'm letting the tired people sleep and we'll just get stuff done when we get to it. That's the good thing about having a family party--I feel much less stress to make everything perfect, kwim?

Official WI & Measurement day today~ down to 145.8 so I've made my August Goal, Lost 50 lbs and get to add a new to my ticker! Also down 3 inches overall so that brings my total to 59.5 inches lost!! Lastly, I have a NSV to share! My wedding dress fits!!!! Not that I'm ever going to wear it again, but it least I can if I want to!

Well girls, I hate to post and run, but Em just woke up and I hear Ab too so it's time go get this day going! Have a wonderful day and be good to yourselves!!! And of course, don't forget to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 10:56 AM   #145  

Our August members thus far... We have a sister thread titled "August Exercise Challenge" for those of you who would like to join us over there as well.

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!! try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
Darby1: lose 6lbs. to get under 190--MET GOAL!! Lose another 3 lbs. to get to 186.5. ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
Miss Mallee: lose 5lbs--MET GOAL!! eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose 7lbs. to get to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs.
Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 177.
bbee: Lose 6 lbs.
Aclai4067: By Aug. 7- no longer morbidly obese--MET GOAL!! [COLOR="Red"]By Aug. 13- reach 10% target--MET GOAL!! [/COLOR]No candy through Aug.21 (started July 21)--MET GOAL!! Down to 255 by Aug. 31.
princess2323: start exercising again, workout 1 hr. a day, get eating in order, + get into the 140's.
iamren: lose 9lbs.
Shrinking Girl: lose 6lbs, goal weight for end of August is 217.5
Sunny Gee: lose 5.5 lbs. to get to 157.5
Jacque9999: see 125 sometimes in August--MET GOAL!! try new foods...health foods! + tone more and lose more belly fat.
susie martin: lose 10lbs. and do a daily chick check in.
ladyfyre: lose 11lbs, take my lunch to work...no more fast food, get to the gym 3x/wk, at least a 1/2 hr. of daily exercise and never be rushed in the morning.
loriehohlf: no post weight in off plan eating, track what I eat, continue with my activity and keep losing.
HeatherEljohari: goal weight of 169.8, 3x/wk at the gym...60+mins. a pop. 40 15 lb. weights, + 40 sit-ups.
KEmery08: venture into the 150's + get involved in some sort of ex. class.
lookingtobehealthy: goal weight of 225.
nellonello: get into onderland.
khunter: lose 7lbs. to get to 145.
Mystical: lose 6-8lbs.
BKKchick: lose approx. 5 lbs. to get to goal weight of 114.5
gillychicks115: lose 5lbs, keep it off, + start strength training more.
rcrough: drink 2.5 liters of water/day, stay OP, + no mindless snacking.
mars540: lose 10lbs., fit a size 8 by Sep.1, + no excuses.
shasha17a: lose 8 lbs.
naz: lose 10lbs.
75togo: lose 8lbs. + ex. 45 min. 4x/wk.
Phenomenal Woman: lose 6 lbs. + ex. somehow everyday.
sotypical: Lose some weight.
Ja23: Lose some pounds.
Jeannep:
smileydd: to go from 251
echo: lose 8lbs.
glutio: lose 5-10 lbs.
jessicado22: get into the 260's. Fit into small size 20 pants.
twilightfan: Lose 10 lbs.
Lisan1128: lose 5lbs.+ exercise 4-5x/wk.
Hotsplashes: get out of the 180's
MrsVegan00: lose 7-10 lbs., keep up running with DH, stay on fiber and cut out junk food like chips, and drink lots of water.
holamamacita: be 195 lbs.
smileydd:
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:05 AM   #146  
Lose the holiday lbs!

S/C/G: 174/163.8/150

Height: 5.7 ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post

Congratulationssssss on the losses girls, Delphi, echo, LTTG, MsP, jessica, msmallee, and to all of you. SOrry if I missed anyone. wtg ladies

also, congrats to all on keeping at it and striving toward a healthier lifestyle. I am so happy we have each other here, it makes the journey so much more fun and it's just great in so many ways. LEt's hang in t here girls and keep on truckin'....

Thank you so much!!!
Echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:07 AM   #147  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 View Post
and anyone else I've missed, I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend and congratulations to everyone who's lost!!!! You're all doing wonderfully and I'm so proud of all you!!

Official WI & Measurement day today~ down to 145.8 so I've made my August Goal, Lost 50 lbs and get to add a new to my ticker! Also down 3 inches overall so that brings my total to 59.5 inches lost!! Lastly, I have a NSV to share! My wedding dress fits!!!! Not that I'm ever going to wear it again, but it least I can if I want to!

aww that's such a nice thing to say ! THANK YOU !

WELL DONE On meeting your august goal ahead of time!! that's totally awesome!!
Old 08-23-2009, 11:10 AM   #148  
Lose the holiday lbs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FullSteamAhead View Post
Our August members thus far... [/B]
Thanks for the update!!! I cant wait till i reach my goal hehe.

WELL DONE ladies who have already met their goal for august ahead of time! brilliant! , and congrats to those who are losing/maintaining, and also who are working hard on their diet and exercise programs. you girls rock!!

==

my update:

start weight 174 lbs.
goal - lose 8lbs. to reach 166 lbs

current weight today: 168 lbs

Last edited by Echo; 08-23-2009 at 11:14 AM.
Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #149  
One day at a time...

S/C/G: 226/ticker/175

Greetings Chickies!

I hope this finds everyone feeling fantastic and somehow down a pound overnight (maybe the weight loss gnomes visited you or something). I'm feeling fantastic as I finished week 3 of the c25k today, something which seemed like a huge challenge at the beginning of the week and yet here I am... DONE! I even ran for an extra 3 minutes because next week's 5 minute runs are scaring the heck out of me!
Also, I went out with some friends last night and I put on this pair of jeans which have always frustrated me. They're trouser jeans and just have never fit me quite properly, always too much gut in the front and tight in odd places in the thighs and they just never had that look I was going for. Well, they fit perfectly... maybe even a bit loose now... which is great! Woohoo!
Also, while you guys have made me break down and get my scale out of the deep recesses of the spare bedroom closet, I'm actually having great fun watching my weight fluctuate all over the place. Woke up the morning and weighed myself, got back from my run, found myself up 1.8 lbs. It makes me wonder how people stay sane looking at that thing!

FSA - Here's hoping your doggie didn't tear up your house!

Hotsplashes - Mmmm nothing better than a fantastic smelling house from cooking stuff from your garden. I love that feeling!

cmo4 - Oh good, I no longer feel inadequate.... though I did go to a friend's house last night and she was able to give us a grand tour and the entire place was impeccable. I have far too much clutter and I need to do something about it! I feel a weekend project coming up. and.... ENJOY THOSE CUPCAKES!

Miss Mallee - Feel better!

jessicado - Go you! I would take that as a serious accomplishment! I do know that a lot of people zigzag their calories and if you want to have a cheat day, I would do it in the essence of zigzagging... meaning... have it be a structured cheat day. I know that the calorie calculator at freedieting.com gave me an option to have it calculate a zig zag schedule for me and 2 days out of the week (hmmm maybe sat and sunday?) were high enough that I think most people following a fairly strict diet would be able to go hog wild and be naughty and still stay within allotted calories. Just a thought.

susiemartin - Wow, you have way more canning stamina than I do! Kudos to you!
Shrinking Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 PM   #150  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Hey ladies just a quick hello and then I'm off to bed.

Jessica, we can do everything by the book with our food, but if your body isn't burning more than you take in, well, you'll gain weight..and if your daily deficit is 100 to 300, well then your loss is gonna be slower. I don't burn a lot of calories, as I spend most of my time writing aka sedentary...but, I've noticed on my days off, (aka...being lazy, and watching movies all day), my calorie burn for an ENTIRE day, can drop as low as 1500...and on a regular day I burn 2200...so it really depends on how active you. If you want to widen your deficit per day, you have to increase your daily activity and burn more calories. The more calories you burn, the bigger the daily deficit and the quicker the loss.

It's been a crazy weekend for me, and I'll definitely be glad to get back to routine again Monday. So I'll see you ladies bright and early in the morning. Big hugs gals.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote