3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

Weight Loss Buddies III

Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 PM   #46

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Sandy-thats what we are here for, anytime you need to talk, then do it, you dont have to keep it to yourself. Or even PM me.

Neesy-I know this is a hard time for you and we are here for you. When you are feeling lonely, log on and talk to us. Just keep in mind how surpirsed your husband is going to be when he sees how smokin you are gonna be. Glad you are feeling better today.

Dance and Sandy-you two are such an encouragement, even though your words were to Lindy, you really inspire me to keep going.

Going to a pet food store with my SIL, then coming home and gonna jump on my bike, get 30ds done and walk the dogs. Anyone have any good ham recipes? I need groceries and that is just about all I have in the freezer. I will check in later, need to get ready. Have a great day everyone.

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 02:37 PM   #47

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Ok..ok...ok...thank you girls! It was a little too late, as I just logged on now, but Im not going to let the rest of the day go with it. Thank you! Thank you Dance for staging my intervention! lol...I needed it - bad. I just completely lost it this morning. After my morning binge, I wish I could say I did better, but nope - I had a snack size bag of Cheez its, a can of Coca Cola and sushi. BUT - on the positive side...I CAN rebound from this. According to my workout this morning, I burned 400 calories. Then im doing Bodyworks plus abs tonight, which is like 300 calories, so that is 700 calories. If I have a very light salad dinner, I will end the day at 1900 calories (AFTER working out, thats not total). So...thanks again girls, I needed that intervention, otherwise I might have skipped my exercise class and downed a whole pizza, lol. Ill catch up later, in addition to a bad weight day, its a bad work day.
Old 08-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #48

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Lindy - Hey, we all know it could have been much worse, right? <<Remembering past sessions with a giant-size bag of doritos>> We've all been there. Glad you're back on the wagon!
Old 08-14-2009, 04:18 PM   #49

Thanks again girls...I have gained control and am feeling better. Hopefully this snafu wont mess me up too much on Sunday.

Burgundy - I hear what your saying about weighing daily, but I was only weighing once a week and everytime I did, I saw weight gain, which made me depressed, at least my thought process behind weighing daily was if I didnt see the scale going down, I could "tweek" it so that by Sunday, I would be able to report a loss but obviously, that plan didnt work.

Anyway, Mygrits - you had asked me about a pic of "Mr. Sweet 16", lol. He emailed me a pic today since we havent seen each other in a couple of weeks, so you'll have to give me your email so I can "show him off", lol. I dont want to post the photo in the forum since it is for public view and I dont think he'd appreciate his pic showing up all over the internet, lol.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:27 PM   #50
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hey Lindy - It's Friday though, so atleast it's not a bad work day on a Monday! LOL........ I'm glad you are refocused and I know you will be to come Sunday. Sorry I yelled at you, but it's only because I care, and I know you would do the same for me! :-)

Today I didn't get up to workout...........I don't know why, but possibly the stress from yesterday fried my brain. It's pouring here now, so I may possibly swim some laps later to burn off my fat....LOL... My weight hasn't moved since Sunday, and I know it's because I haven't workout at all this week, so need to start kicking in my metabolism or should I say "Wake it up!"

Thanks again for your supportive, kind words everyone - you guys are the best! xoxoxox

Sandy

"When your belief in you and your dream, is greater than your belief in other people's opinions, you will have mastered your life."

mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 07:32 PM   #51
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Well Lindy, sorry I wasn't able to yell at you along with everyone else during your intervention, but I just can't log on during work anymore. I'm glad you got your thinking turned around. That's one thing I've noticed with you over the past 8 months (can you beleive it's been that long?), you may fall off the wagon, but you don't stay off. Your right back on plan within a day every time. I KNOW that you have probably lost inches with the insane amounts of working out that you have been doing. Plus, I'm not sure if you thought about this yet...you just upped your calories to 1800 this week and your body probably hasn't adjusted to that higher amount yet, hence the small gain. Once it does, you will be sure to see a loss. That's just my opinion.

Burgandy, I'm sorry but I'm no help with ham recipes. That's one thing I never buy except at christmas at Honey Baked Ham. Lol, and the only recipes I could think of involve copious amounts of cheese and potatos and many othe bad things.

Thanks for all the sweet comments about my picture.

So, right after I get back from my honeymoon guess what I get to come back to? Mini-tax season #2 of the year. This next month we will be doing all the returns that were extended and not filed by 4/15. We have 1 month left to do over 100 returns. Ugh! It seems near impossible and I am going to be under alot of stress and working alot of hours...AGAIN. Luckily though, after 9/15, I will be so NOT busy it's not even funny. We will have a month and a half of really slow time, so that is what I will keep in mind to get through this.

On the diet and weight front, I am on day 3 of perfect on plan. Reading about how awesome and motivated you guys all were last week really got me in the mode and kicked my butt in gear. I don't want to lose miserably!!! I have lost all of my honeymoon weight and then some. I am actually down 6 lbs from my weight when I returned from vacation on Tuesday. Now of course, we all know that is not all "real" weight, but I am feeling pretty darn good about myself

And last but certainly not least, Neesy. I guess I hadn't really put myself in your shoes and thought about how big of a deal it is that your husband went away. I have never been away from my husband (haha...I wrote fiance first) for more than a day since we started dating. I could not even begin to think how upset I would be if I weren't able to talk to him at the very least. I just know I wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything. So the fact that you are so focused on your diet now, is impressive to me. I hope you have plenty of family and friends to keep you occupied while he is gone. I would think that would help.

Hope everyone has a great friday night! TGIF!!!!
Short-term Goal #1 - met 3/01/09 - 10% weight lost
Short-term Goal #2: Met 5/9/09 - under 300
Short-term Goal #3: Best Friend's Wedding (2/21/10)
Goal #4 - Met 12/5/10 - 250.2 (100 lbs. lost)

Goal #5: 220 (Freshman year of college weight)
Goal #6: 199 (Onderland!!! First time since 2003)
Goal #7: 174 (Overweight!!!)
Goal #8: 146 (At a healthy weight!)
Goal #9: 125 (Final Goal Weight)
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #52

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

Holy COW I have missed a lot.

Tiff- Your had an amazingly beautiful dress. Isn't it amazing how great a dress can make you feel?? You look gorgeous! Love the color of the sash.
Also, leg cramping can come from a lack of or aclimating to lower doses of sodium. Make sure your diet has some light salt.

Sandy- My heart is breaking for you! I am just hoping that you can hold your head high and remember that none of that determines who you are and you are awesome! I hope you come through this unscaved. As for your daughter... I can not even imagine for 1 minute planning a wedding in 3 weeks. He must be a pretty darn special guy to put aside dreams of a bigger wedding and just wanting to do it! It could be a really good thing that they love eachother that much!

Vicky- 2lbs!! I am up that much (lol). You go girl.

Burgundy- I LOVE MICHIGAN. My fam is from detroit and up north. Where are you from? Take me to the beach!!!!

Neesy- I am so sorry! When my brothers (my best friends) went in to boot, it was as if they died. I wouldn't eat, I wouldn't come out of my room and when they graduated I cried so hard I didn't see anything. It must be like that x20 for your hubby. I promise it gets better once its over. Not always great but better.

Lindy- I have missed so much with you.
I eat cereal the same way! haha. And having a nice shelf to catch the crumbs... I share that too. I hope you have gotten past your binge. Its a few bad things and now you can get back on track. You are one of my #1 motivators so you can't fall off!! I need your solid additude to start 30ds and keep going.

As for me... I have been basically on and off all week. Today was the worst! White bread @ the farmers market, elk jerky (salt), a brownie, 2 mini chocolates, and it gets better... a burrito with no protien, just queso, rice and lettuce! AND regular SODA. I really shot myself in the foot today. I have gained 2 lbs back and I feel like I just can't stop. It's "oh well, I ruined the morning already, better just eat whatever." Then "well my morning was bad so I might as well just eat what eve and start again tomorrow." Worst additude ever. See how bad I need you guys! I have known you all for 2 weeks and I need you more than my local friends!

Okay. I am done. Nothing more in my mouth for the day and I will do a flush tomorrow. Tomorrow--- 30ds day one!

One more side note... Have you ever seen a picture of yourself that just makes you feel so bad about your self you could just quit! The pic of my in the blue with me and my hubby! Each one of my boobs look like it weighs 200lbs. The worst was when I voiced this about the pic, my family all agreed! OMG devistating. Hate that pic!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mom and i.jpg (36.5 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg tiny mountains.jpg (17.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg fat boobs.jpg (30.5 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by ajowens : 08-14-2009 at 09:16 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:01 PM   #53

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

AJ- I actually thought that was a cute pic. I keep all my really bad photos so that I will stay on track. Here's some of the absolute worst photos ever... I weighed at my max 240lbs. OMG. It keeps me focused. NEVER AGAIN.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Anyone else want to humiliate theirselves and post your worst photo?

Long Term Goal

Last edited by Neesy_20 : 08-14-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:44 PM   #54

S/C/G: 180/180/130

Height: 5'2"

I think you have the mose amazing skin I have ever seen! I can see your pretty cheek bones now though so I can tell there is a lot of you gone. =)

ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:48 PM   #55
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

I have been dying to get on here all day - it's now 630 - still at work but everyone is gone thankfully - but then again - it is Friday night!!

Lindy - glad the intervention helped - it's frustrating to see no changes but I agree - it's very likely a plateau - I hit many of them when I lost all that weight before BUT I found I was still losing inches - so maybe focus on that a bit more than the scale? It's good to have a back up to that dreaded "tool" - although it can sure make us feel good, it can sure help us to want to poke our eyes out and just gouge down everything in sight. I agree with AJ - you are such a great motivator for all of us Nothing like pressure heh?

Tiff - fantastic dress - you looked so awesome - I bet you sure felt it too! And congrats on day 3 - especially during a heavy work time. I agree, this thread is extremely important to me even if I can't get on here much, when I do it really centers me!

Vicky -congrats on the 2 pounds - just go to show that eating well is well over half the battle. My trainer always told me it's 80% nutrition and 20% exercise. I hope your 'rehab' continues to go well - I bet you are itching to get back on it hard!

Burgandy - your day/night yesterday sounded awesome, the swim, the meal -yum! I wish I had a good ham recipe for you - my only advice is to cook it in the oven - yeah that's the extent of my cooking expertise!!! For some reason I am thinking pineapple though - weird!

Neesy - - I can only imagine how hard that must be for you - it's quite a life change. I can't relate but I can definitely say that I am glad that this forum helps you. And thanks for posting the picture - I am going to do it too. I have a fat picture and one where I was really healthy and I'm trying to use them both as motivators. I will post them to share!

Sandy - I echo all the comments everyone else said. I really wish there was something that I could say to help. But glad you are talking about, I find for me - it helps to get it out. I usually keep things bottled up too and when I do spill it really helps me. You are such a great person - I don't need to meet you in person to know that. My fingers are crossed for you and if I was close enough I would come with a hug and maybe a clown nose on or something - no wait I am TERRIFIED of clowns so I probably couldn't do that - but I would do something just as nice!

AJ - good for the flush - it's hard once you feel you eat too much to use it as excuse for the rest of the day to go ahead and eat everything, I suffer from that all the time. Good on you for getting on here and re-centering yourself. We've all been there that is for sure! I am thinking right now its Friday and I should really eat some bad food - but I am only eating celery right now - I almost want to dip it in chocolate - but that's kind of gross.

I'm doing pretty good. Yesterday I had two beer at work for a meeting we had and I felt hammered - it was quite funny. I was working on safety plans and felt drunk - WTH - not very smart Anyway I went home and fell asleep by 8PM - with my makeup on. I'm a very sad drunk - but sometimes when I have a few then I want to gorge on junk food so passing out early was great! It was probably because I had been up at 5Am working out that day! Today I didn't work out as Friday is my off day and I am looking forward to getting up tomorrow and getting a good one in. Then I have lunch with a special friend and seeing the Zombie march downtown. There are over 2000 people that dress up like zombies and march down the street. It's kind of morbid but since I am super scared of zombies too - maybe I will get over my fear! Food hasn't been too bad, I've had a few snacks today but they have been minor and I've been pretty controlled. And I am proud because I am under a lot of stress and I binge like a nutcase usually when I am like this!

Well this was a super long post - sorry for the long read! I look forward to weighing in on Sunday, I weighed in yesterday and was down 3 since Sunday but then again who knows what this Sunday will bring. I just keep trying on my target outfit on Sunday and changes in that is all that matters to me!

PS - Dance - what's new with you - you are so good at helping us all but how can we help you?

Hope all of you are having a more exciting night than I am!
Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 AM   #56

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Lindy-glad to see you turned your day around.

Sandy-did you get your swim in today. I am so jealous, I love swimming. I want a pool. I can go to Lake Huron or one of the smaller lakes, but a pool would be lovely.

Tiff-hope this mini tax season goes by quickly for you. Great job for staying on plan for 3 days. 6 lbs, yay. Sunday may be a good day for you.

AJ- I am in Oscoda, you have probably never heard of it. It is so small. I want to move back to AL, especially during the snowy winters. I think the picture is nice, a good one of you and your hubby.

Neesy-I dont know if I have any pics but a couple but not sure if they are on this computer. I will have to dig some up. I was 236 at my highest, and gained forty of it when my mother in law got sick and passed away all within 5 short months. If only i could have taken it all off in 5 months.

Staccie-how are the long work days going. Sounds like you are pretty tired when you get home. I would probably be hammered off 2 beers too, I never drink.

I decided to change it up tonight and didnt do 30ds, but I did do a golds gym cardio workout I have and man, I was sweating like crazy. It was a good workout. I may have to start doing it more. I have a day with the hubby tomorrow. We are going to pick up a few things I need for my trip and just spend some quality time together. If we stay home, we dont usually have a day where we have no company, there is always someone showing up. Usually my SIL, we love her, but we need OUR time too. Or his cousins come over drunk stumbling around my house. I will probably go back to 30ds tomorrow, just needed something different today. Have a good night girls.

Minigoal:Get to 169 to be "overweight" BMI-wise
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #57
Brown Eyed Staccie

I find trying to get pics on here is so frustating.

Anyway I posted some of my bad ones and where I hope to get again!

I remember looking at the 190 one a few years ago and thinking I have so much more to go - but this is proof that 190 doesn't look like 190 either and the scale isn't always the best way to tell! I love my tiny waist ---sigh!
Attached Files
File Type: doc PIC.doc (189.0 KB, 13 views)
Old 08-15-2009, 09:18 AM   #58

Good morning girls...whew, its a new day and I am feeling much better! I got back on track for the most part, so thats good.

Thank you girls for your support (once again) and also, thank you for telling me that I am a huge motivator for each of you, I really do care about all of you and seeing you successful and it means the world to me to hear that. I have a HUGE THANK YOU to Dance and Mygrits, in general...everyone was extremely helpful but the two of you did the "tough love" -Im gonna get down right Jillian on your butt, lol, and it worked! Its what I needed for sure. So...

Mygrits - dont apologize! I needed it and you were right, I would have dished it out the same way, lol. Just remember that next time, when Im yelling at you and you want to kill me or even worst...send a bouquet of cookies to my house - lol.

Tiff- ugh...mini tax season, that sucks. Cant wait to have you back here full time, lol. Congrats on the 6...thats awesome!

AJ - YES!!! Your jumping on the 30DS band wagon, awesome! You are going to see a difference, I should have thought of this yesterday but, I have visibly noticed myself a difference in my arms, which is the spot I hate the most, so...I really think your going to love this DVD. I look forward to showing everyone the before and after, because if I can notice, I know you girls will be able to. Oh...the pics...the pics...I actually like the one of you and your hubby, but I understand the whole weight thing. Yes, I do have pics, Ill attach them to this post. God, I think I hate these pics worst than my "before" ones, lol. As far as your "off" day....**tisk-tisk**, you know better. When you have days like that, you should really try to make it counter productive with an extreme work out or something...ya know? Your still doing well though, so keep up the good work!

Burgundy - when I read your post about missing the 30DS I was automatically going into "pit bull" typing, as I would like to call it, lol. But then I saw you offset it with another DVD and was sooo proud of you! Yeah...the one thing I will admit about Jillians DVD is that it is soo incredibly boring. Most of the time I mute the DVD (I play it on my laptop) and watch music videos or TV while toggling back and forth with the DVD.

Stacie - OMG! I love your freakin pic...you look gorgeous, seriously gorgeous...too cute for words, lol. Glad to see you on here more often, I often enjiy reading your posts because they crack me up. The buzz off 2 beers..haha...been there!

OK...so I have a really super crazy idea but would be interested to see if anyone is interested, it is sooooo far away but just thinking. What if we create a BIG incentive for us as a group? I know the economy is bad right now but when it rebounds, maybe a year from now, if we can all get to our goal weights or at least very close (within 20 pds.), we go on a "girls cruise", just a small like 3 day one or something to the Bahamas or something? THey are sooo cheap right now, like 200 total for everything! I know, most of us have kids and hubbys but if it was something doable (is that a word? lol), Id totally be interested. Thoughts? Opinions? Also..suggestions, maybe something more "mini"? Maybe doing something in Tennesse (a cabin and hiking in the mountains?) That is a halfway point for most of us. IDK - I know, its a bit out there, just sayin. I would love to meet all of you one day.

Anyway...Im going to Universal today so I probably wont be able to log in today. Hope everyone has a good successful day, I will be here tomorrow for weigh in.

Last edited by luckylindy : 08-15-2009 at 09:23 AM.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #59

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Ok, here's a nasty before pic from last fall (the bangs are fake clip-on bangs in case you're wondering) from an 80s party. Chubby face, big tummy - such fun. The really really awful pics never even made it off of the photocard : )

So I missed a lot last night/this morning!

Lindy - glad you're back on track! Not sure on the get together as most of my vacation time is booked up for a while (Did I tell you guys already that we're going to Costa Rica in January? Can't remember) Major swimsuit motivation for me - yikes! But I'm hoping to see you this fall when I hit Orlando for work at least.

Staccie - love, love, love the new avatar pic! You have the best smile! And just doing what you do - being there and being so supportive is exactly what I need but thanks for asking! This is the best I've done in ages at a weight loss effort and I really feel like I can keep on doing it all the way to goal (and maybe beyond) with all of your help!

Burgundy - good for you on the work out! I ended up using yesterday as a rest day and conked out early. So nice to get caught up on sleep - I have so much more energy today!

AJ - sounds like a tough week, food-wise! If I'm on too strict a plan, I come off the rails big time. What do you think about next week being a little less strict in food allowed or in calories but really sticking to it? Just an idea...

Tifftiff - good for you for sticking to plan! You are going to rock this weight loss thing now that you are focused!

mygrits - hope you're hanging in there with all the stress. Did you make it swimming? I'm curious too.

neesy - How are you holding up? That's such a tough situation. The times my bf and I have been apart (long story - will tell you guys about it some time), I find I have to make sure I don't have time to sit around in the evenings thinking about how sad and lonely I am or I really fall apart. Do you have girlfriends nearby that you can meet up with for meals or walks?

Down 2lbs so far this week (one more until I hit 25 lost!) so I'm still slowly making progress and chipping away at it - I'll never win any speed awards but I'm definitely starting to look more like a normal person and not the chubby girl. Had to go through the underwear drawer this morning and get rid of all the baggy ones, which was kind of nice. Am off for a run as it's cloudy here and not too hot to go this late and am planning on hiking tomorrow if the weather's decent. What's everyone else got planned for the weekend?

Last edited by dancerindenver : 09-30-2010 at 01:23 PM.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:55 PM   #60
Brown Eyed Staccie

Dance - you're sure looking great and woo hoo for the just about 25 pounds...you're doing so awesome. Nice 80's outfit (glad you told us before lol). I love the 80's but the outfits from back then are better forgotten! I actually had real bangs like that (as most of us probably did). Time to buy some new undies - I like buying undies when they are not the jumpsuit kind (lol). My mom always used to buy me horrendous undies - one time for Christmas she bought me ones that I actually pull up over my boobs and wear as a jumpsuit - I pranced out and showed her and she never bought them again until many years later when I had put on some pounds and then bought me the stringy kind and that was no fun either - the strings were not flattering for my hips or anywhere else for that matter! I just tell her now I don't wear any to keep from the hassle (she hates that and doesn't bug me anymore) - but I do wear them just so ya all know

Lindy - hope you have fun at Universal - I have never been to Florida, it's on my list of places to go one day - whenever I stop working so much and start seeing parts of the world before I get too old and need a scooter to get around in!

Well I decided to sleep in today but I will head to the gym later this afternoon. The blankets just held me hostage and there was no getting out! Now I am off to lunch with a friend and then checking out the zombies. Nothing else planned because I have to work Oh well at least I can work at home in my sweats with no make-up and no one bugging me!

Weigh in tomorrow morning...
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.