Old 08-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls!

I have some good news. First I'm down 3lbs! this week (10 since the start of this challenge), Secondly My husband called yesterday! It was only a 30second phone call but I loved it! And He's sending something with his address finally! YAY!

Grits-Congrats on the loss and seeing your daughter!

Lindy-Congratulations on the 3lbs and breaking your plateau! Good job! I like that you are taking it slow with 16 pack and meeting your daughter. You're a great role model for your daughter and I hope you have fun at seaworld. I never been.

Basics- 5LBS!!!! What are you doing. I'm so jealous! Way to go!

Staccie-gettin your exercise on. way to go. I know it always makes me feel proud of myself afterward. Isn't it great that you fill up easier now. Thats half the battle right there.

AJ-Great job! I still need to get the 30DS video. I haven't been able to find it around here. I'm gonna try best buy today. Hopefully they will.

Tiff-7lbs is awesome! You are on a roll girl!

Dancer- You are so close to your goal!!! YAY!

Hotsplashes- Welcome!

Last edited by Neesy_20; 08-23-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:39 PM   #182  

S/C/G: 185/183/130

Height: 5'3"

Vicky- Good for you not giving in to US portion sizes!!! That is still really hard for me. But I agree with you about fries. They just don't taste good anymore. Great job!!

Lindy- **Doing a little dance for you!** 3lbs while being sick is fantastic! You are like my goddess of weighloss motivation. Thank you for the wonderful compliment and I think the exact same as you! I think that you waiting for her to meet Mr. Perfect is such a good idea. Good for you for putting yours first. =)

Basics- 5lbs??!!! Thats wonderful. You are gonna kick our butts. Hopefully we can all meet you in skinny land someday!

Sandy- Thank you. It really is stressful. I am amazed by how it has effected my eating and weight. But at least I am not bored. And fullbar is a diet plan but I sold them on craigslist this morning. I wanted to give them away to one of you if you wanted but a little "extra" cash right now can't hurt. Even though I spent a fortuune on them this summer. I fall for TV things a lot. My husband could kill me. I have a Fluidity Ballet Bar from TV and like a million pills that I never even tried. hahaha. I am weak.

Tiff- I hope you feel better. Mine have been kicking my butt too. ick. And, we are tied but I have a feeling you are going to pass me like a bolt of lightening!

Neesy- 3 lbs!! YAY. And I am so glad you got to hear his voice. That must feel so soothing and relieving. And he is going to love that stack of letters. Its like christmas for them! They love it. That will really help him get through this. Also, I found the DVD @ target. Walmart did not have it. Weird.

Sundays are always crazy for me so I will be back on tonight. I help my hubby work on Sundays for a little extra school $$. I sweat for 3 hours straight so it is so good for me. Its like the best workout ever. We clean and set back up the church he does sound in. HARD WORK!!

Last edited by ajowens; 08-23-2009 at 12:47 PM.
ajowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 12:52 PM   #183  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

MyGrits- Thanks for the compliment Even with my purple windblown hair?!?! There's a funny story behind the photo. We went to the Vikings pre-season game on Friday, it's huge deal being Favre signed on Tuesday. And my friend and I were trying to think of what we could put on a sign that would get us on TV. So, basically our signs said something to the effect that the Hall of Fame can wait, but the Vikings cannot.
Before the game we were hanging in the square and Carl Eller was walking through (he was a Viking back in the day when they won for 11 seasons..and he has several records in the Hall of Fame). I asked him if we could have a photo with him...he said sure... then he looked at our signs and he was very confused....and he says, "but, I'm already in the hall of fame". I started laughing and my friend says, "yeah, this sign actually isn't about you"... he laughed (mind you, he's wearing a shirt that say's Hall of Fame" on it). Anyway, it was pretty funny... we didn't get on TV, but we were on the jumbo-tron 3 times...it was fun

Glad you were able to spend time with your daughter...hope you are able to navigate through the house!!

Tiff- Congrats to you on your loss!! Hope your allergies calm down soon.

**Editing as I see 2 people posted while I was typing!**

Neesy- YEAH!! So glad you got a phone call and will be getting an address soon Great job on the 3 down this week and 10 since the start!!!!

AJ- Thanks, can't wait to see you in skinnyland!!

I just got done with my jog/walk... Several days ago I realized that I cannot follow the C25K exactly progress so much each week...at my weight, it's not that easy for me to go from 90 second of running to 3 minutes....several times over... I had a little break down over that, felt like I was going to let everyone down that's joining in if I can't jog the entire 5K. I talked with one of my friends that runs all the time about it last week and she gave me a bit of a pep talk, saying that most people she knows that join a 5K for the first time, haven't run it entirely... BUT, she said, it doesn't mean you don't work your A$$ off trying!!
I love my friends, just as much as being here to get my butt in gear

Last edited by Back2Basics; 08-23-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Back2Basics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 03:58 PM   #184  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi ladies,

Well I am down no pounds - on top of that I am 220 How I got up that quick in one week I have no idea - but it's impossible for someone to gain almost 5 pounds in one week so it must be my medication - something. I wish I never even bothered to weigh, but I will try again on Wed and see if it goes down! I'm still feeling rather yucky - very tired, headachy - I am so hoping this will get better - sorry to complain!!

Congrats to everyone else - that is so awesome! I am very happy for you all!! I think I am ready for 20 days now with no days off and a minimum of 10 hours a day for my event - food cooked, gym scheduled...I gotta do this.

Sorry I would like to comment on everyone else individually - because there are some great things to say but I need to run out and get my hair done. I swear I've had 5 new gray hairs sprout this week again! Will check in tonight.
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 06:43 PM   #185  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls-

Im feeling a little better. Thanks for all the well wishes. I am going to start jogging again tomorrow. I am hoping the shin splints have healed--fingers crossed.

Ok...now, let me get more interactive, lol.....

Mygrits - wow, you have been hitting the daughter jackpot lately...lol. You have got to see her a lot lately, yay for you. I wouldnt worry about the weight gain with TOM, technically...you still lost.

Tiff- kudos on your weight loss, you are really killing it and staying on track, I am super proud of you!

Neesy - yay...Im so happy for you! You have a double bonus...hubby and 3lbs - awesome! Its funny, your jealous of basics and Im jealous of both of you. Haha.

Back2Basics - I totally hear you on the 5k. My neighbor put me on this training program to do the Disney Marathon in January and I was like...no way, there is no freakin way. Your body will eventually warm up to it. I used to struggle to walk 3 miles, now I run/walk it almost the whole way without heavy breathing, I look forward to the day I can run the whole thing straight.

Stacie - Im SURE that the gain is from medivation, 5 lbs is just not possible. Keep up with your program, you have been doing so well lately.

Wow...it looks like everyone is doing really well. Keep up the good work girls...Im really excited to see everyones before and afters.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:27 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Howdy, all! We're back from our hiking trip and I'm exhausted! Did well foodwise except I couldn't stick to my no treat after the hike idea - ended up having some chips and salsa but not too bad.

Lindy - glad you're feeling a bit better! Congrats on the much-deserved loss and on the great treatment by Mr 16 - also much deserved!

Staccie - I'm sure that's a fluke and medication related! Hang in there with all of the hard work ahead - I'm sure it will be tough but you are one strong chickie and we know you can do it! Gorgeous avatar, btw!

back2basics - love your pic too! 5lbs is wonderful - great job!!!

aj - big congrats on the 2lbs - that's great!

neesy - woooohoooo on the 3lb loss!!! And so glad you heard from your hubby - what a nice treat!

tifftiff - great job on the loss! All your hard work is really paying off!!!

mygrits - you are doing great - congrats on the 1lb (but really 3lbs, hormonally adjusted) loss!!!!

maddiesmom - sounds like you are sticking to a great eating plan - curious to hear your results for the week!

hotsplashes - nice to see you here and welcome!

Wow, girls - this thread is seriously the good news train today - great job all around! (Including you Staccie since we know you would have posted a loss if it weren't for meds). Let's have another great week, all!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:52 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Hello Ladies!!

I would reply to each and every one of you but it's been a very longggg day.

Thank you ALL for the wonderful welcome!!!

I promise I will post to everyone tomorrow!
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 09:57 PM   #188  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Cool

Lindy - glad you are feeling better and fingers crossed that your jog will be painfree tomorrow - shin splints are so painful! I would put calf muscle tears on that as the second most painful one!

Neesy - congrats on the 3lbs and the phone call from your husband...what a great day for you - I hope it continued on just as great.

AJ - I hope your Sunday and extra 'workout' went well - sometimes it's go great to burn calories in a different way that is not termed exercise and you sometimes end up working muscles that are missed in a regular workout!

Back2Basics - great pic and nice smile! I ran maybe 5 blocks and I thought I was going to keel over - I am going for a bit more this week - your body will get used to it - I know a lot of people that are much skinnier than me that couldn't even do 5 blocks - so so your friend is more than right - I remember when I couldn't even do more than 10 min on the CT or lift more than 24 pounds when doing chest presses - your body is in training and it will continue to get better and better!!

Dance - thanks - I am sure it's just a fluke, I am not going to worry too much about it, I will wait until next Sunday and then I am sure I will see much more. Glad to hear you had a good hiking trip. I am going on a hiking trip after this event is over - before it starts getting too chilly here. I really wasted my summer hard to believe it's almost over.

I made an effort to cook some chicken and veggies and I forgot about them and they are burnt to a crisp AHHHHH! I wish I could hire a personal chef!! I get points for trying but I just get too darn distracted! ARSE!!

Well I am very apprehensive about this upcoming week...I have to make it to the gym Mon-Thurs because my event starts on Friday and then I won't be able to get back to the gym until Monday since I am working from 7AM-11PM everyday for 10 days straight (somedays I am off by 6PM) but the good thing is I will run around all day in an arena so I will get getting lots of cardio and I will take stairs instead of elevators etc. So I am not too worried. I don't know how much I will be able to post during that time but I am going to make every effort because I need your support!!! - NO EXCUSES! Especially with making sure I eat enough food - so easy to forget when you are so busy!!

Cheers everyone and have a fantastic week!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #189  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

Neesy: Soooo happy for the weight loss...and, more importantly, the phone call from your hubby. Hope the calls will get longer and you'll get more mail. I know you must be missing him like crazy.

Congrats to all on the weight loss...we're all doing so well, guess we've all kicked it into high gear.

Staccie: Good luck with your event at the end of the week. Hopefully the workouts earlier in the week will help with the nervousness. You'll kick but...I know it!

Dancer: Don't feel bad about the chips and salsa...at least it wasn't a dozen donuts or a quart of ice cream or something. THere's nothing wrong with healthy snacking. Good job on your hike!

Ok, official weigh in...I lost 3 pounds this week! Didn't make it to the gym today, my Friday night workout kicked my butt and I didn't get the "full effect" of it until this morning. Spent some time outside playing and running with Madeline, so it wasn't a total loss. Did a lot of walking yesterday and today, so not too shabby. So, I've lost 9 since our challenge began. Watch out ladies!!

Well, need to get going, have to be up early tomorrow for work and then I meet the new trainer tomorrow night. Hopefully my soreness will be done by then! Have a great night!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 PM   #190  
Brown Eyed Staccie

YEAH HOO VICKY!!! I hope I can share in all of your WOO HOO's next Sunday!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 12:23 AM   #191  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Woo Hoo! Maddiesmom that is awesome! 3 lbs is just tremendous in a week. Congratulations ;-)

Staccie - It has to be the medicine and the stress of last week and not feeling well. Stay on your plan and I know you will see great results this week. Logically we know you can't gain 5lb of fat in a week, however you can retain fluid that way and I am sure that is all it is. I hope tomorrow is good for you!

Neesy - I know today was so special for you in many ways.....3 lbs loss is fantastic and then to speak to your husband! Woo Hoo! I know you were on top of the clouds today!

Lindy - I am so glad your feeling better and I too hope you are able to run like crazy tomorrow........ Congratulations to you too on your weightloss, Mr 16 and hey, your cruise coming up! Woo Hoo to you too!!!!

Well today was not a good day, I ate, and ate. I think is is having Tom AGAIN when I just got rid of him 4 days ago.........ugh! So I ate. Tomorrow I will refocus and be back on it.

Have a good night!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #192  

Woo-hoo Maddiesmom - 3 lbs. This week was a very good week for everyone! Good job girls!

Mygrits - what the heck are you doing up at 12 am?! Im in your timezone, so I know that time is accurate, lol. Sorry your having such a rough TOM BUT if this is menopause, according to my mom, lol...you are going to have these bouts on and off, and you cant go on a feeding frenzy everytime...tisk***tisk...YOU HAD YOUR CHEAT DAYS, if you need up for calorie intakes...fine, do it, but offset it with some extra exercise...common...move it...move it...move it! YOU CAN DO IT! Ok, back to nice Lindy....lol...I hope you start to feel better and soon.

Stacie - wow, busy week ahead is right. I think even if you cant do the gym thing, because honestly, as much as you need the gym, you need your rest...you will get plenty of cardio doing the arena. My brother works at the arena here and its a seasonal job. Everytime he starts doing the seasonal job, he drops like 15-20 pounds just from all the walking he does. Ugh...he makes me sooo mad, Lol.

Well, I have mild affects of still being sick, very...very mild, so, Im going to up the anty on the water to get all the crap out of me...not literally, lol. Ill talk to you girls later.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:16 AM   #193  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

maddiesmom - WOOHOO on the 3lbs - that is great! You are doing so well!

Staccie - what is it that you're doing this week? a kind of drill to prep for the Olympics? Lots of luck!

mygrits - I'm pretty clueless when it comes to pre-menopause hormone stuff but since so many people go through it, there must be some good advice out there. My mom totally skipped it all because of an operation but the rest of the girls probably have sisters/aunts/moms/girlfriends that have dealt with it. My personal lifesaver when I'm hormonal is crystal light popsicles because I could literally plow through the whole box without doing much damage. What does everyone else suggest for mygrits?

lindy - good idea on drinking lots - hope you're almost over this thing!

I'm kind of stiff and sore from our hike but in a good way. It should make it easier to sit at a desk all day : )
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 10:45 AM   #194  

In reference to Dances question but aimed at Mygrits - pickles! When I am SUPER hungry and cant control myself, I eat pickles like they are going out of style, I can easily consume a jar in one sitting on a really bad day. Now, there is some sodium risks but no worst than a bag of chips. Oh, another snack that is healthy that I eat ALL THE TIME, is cucmbers in vinegar and water with sliced green peppers and onions...lots of onions. It taste better if it sits overnight to marinate but you can eat it without sitting. Its so yummy...god, just thinking aboout it gets me craving it.

Oh, so I failed to mention my new schedule that Im hoping doesnt screw me up too much on my diet. Without my husband int he picture anymore, I have to account for bringing Gab to and from school, because its not in budget to put her in daycare. So, that being said...I have to start taking lunch from 230-330. I usually go home for lunch and eat and do chores, so the plan is to bring my lunch to work, eat it on one of my 15 minute breaks and then do my normal routine with picking her up from school on my LATER lunch break now. Wish me luck.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:02 AM   #195  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Hi Ladies -

Lindy - Thanks for the 'talk' as I needed it. I was somewhat aggrevated with myself this morning and YES I should have been in bed! However, again, husband and kids were up so I couldn't get to bed until 1:30am.........ugh. Now pickles makes me smile, as I was nuts on them when I was pregnant. However you mentioning it, I may just buy a jar. The cucumbers with onions and all is something my mom used to make and I loved it. She would marinate hers in Good Seasons Italian Dression (the packet mixed with oil & water) and it was delicious! Thanks for the menopausal suggestions. It really does suck, and I can't believe I am going through this - God I'm 51! Anyway just so you girls know, Menopause actually starts (quietly and slowly) 10 years earlier......Premenopause. The later symptoms are the yucky ones. I do remember in my early 40's and mid 40's having some weird TOMS and all.......Any off that subject, I am better today and focused. I didn't workout (may tonight) due to TOM. Lindy I hope schedule works. I remember having to do that when I lived in Ft. Lauderdale. However I have a far drive (from Ft. Lauderdale to Coral Springs and back) so I was always late getting back - usually by 15 minutes. My boss was awesome though and never said a word ;-) Good Luck!

Dance - Thank you to you to. I really just keep hoping I will stop having TOM and be free!!!!!! LOL........but not yet. I was taking an herb called Macca, that is just awesome. It is an adapter for woman and men with hormones, thyroids and all, but I ran out and haven't gotten to the health food store to purchase more.

Well I hope you two have a great day!
mygritsconfessions is offline   Reply With Quote