August Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 5 of 28
Go to
  • August 1st ~ Wonky cardio
    August 2nd ~ Scheduled Day Off

Tummy~ yes, thankfully no black eyes were acquired during the duration of my workout! And I will be shopping for a backup sports bra asap!!!

FSA~ Thanks hun!
  • Goal: I'm still making my goal to do 30 mins of ANYTHING active every single day. But more specifically:

Interval Training on the Treadmill 3/week
    Swimming or other "regular" cardio 2/week
    Yoga in the cute Thai house next door 1/week
    Strength Training 2/week

Total minutes: at least 6300! (Edit: Not sure how I got this insane number...it should say 1200!)

Good luck everyone! Let's kick butt!
  • MsPerception, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. Wishing you and dh a beautiful day and evening together. Have a great time tonight . Ohhh, wtg on training for that 5k too, etc. : )

bbee....at least you managed something. Today is a new day for us all...wishing you a good one : )

khunter.......no way do your goals look weak. It's great to just be exercising! Congrats on starting a week ago. When we are starting out I feel it's best not to set our goals too high (as it can backfire or become overwhelming) and just get an idea how what we set feels to us etc. and then take it from there. Whatever works best for each and every one of us. Someone may want to walk 3x/wk or 10 min. a day when starting out...its all good! .

ok, going to go update the liste....dh is looming in the background waiting on me, lol
  • List of our exercise team members thus far. We also have a sister thread titled, "August Weight Loss Challenge" for those of you interested in joining.

FullSteamAhead: 1,200 minutes. Post my minutes a minimum of 5x/wk.
    crazymamaof4: strength training 3x/wk, C25K 3x/wk, + add an additional form of exercise on my strength training days.
    Delphi: 2,500 minutes of exercise..get in 2 workouts a day 6 days a week.
    NewShinyMe: Complete 850 min. minimum, complete new EA active 30 day challenge, and workout 6 days a week.
    mygritsconfessions: cardio every other day for 45 min, + 35 min. on opposite days.
    p7eggyc: Increasing goal by 10% to 880 minutes.
    TERAPET: 1600 minutes of exercise
    mamatoni: exercise at least 5 days a week
    EmmaD: Plan out and stick to a specific schedule each week, 3.5 hrs.cardio/wk, 1hr. strength training a week, + 15 min. stretching a day.
    Pucedaisy: yoga 2x/wk + a good walk everyday.
    Beck: 1200 minutes of exercise, continue C25K, + start 30 day shred.
    JessicaLovely: 1200 min. of exercise, try one new class at the gym each week, + play tennis 2x/wk.
    dcapulet: 1200 minutes of exercise.
    merose: ride bike 45 min. 2x/wk, get off the tube a stop early + walk home from there everyday (about 30 min.).
    Darby1: To continue walking 3x/wk + riding my bike while my husband trains for marathon, start riding my bike to my volunteer job (16 mi.r.t), strength train 3x/wk, + HIIT 2x/wk.
    Princess2323: 1 hour of exercise a day.
    RandZsMom: walk w/my dog + children 5x/wk + start getting active again.
    BigKnitter: Do yoga every day and 60 minutes of cardio 3x/wk.
    Coffeechick: Mornings: Firm Wave 5 days/wk, alternating strength training and cardio every other day. Evenings: walk 60 min. 3 days/wk. Drink 64 oz. water, + keep calories between 1200-1350.
    roetta: exercise 5x/wk for 30-45 minutes + basic strenght training every other day.
    Cleophas: 1 hr. of running program every Mon., Thurs., and Sat. 30 min.-1 hour of either aerobics, biking, or walking (every other day).
    Tummygirl: Non vacation days (16): workout 14 out of 16 days, at least 2x per day with strength training 3x/wk. Vacation days (15): Run 5 days, strength train 4 days.
    SunnyGee: 1500 minutes of exercise.
    Jacque9999: start hiking or some outside activity 1x/wk, + workout while on vaca.
    Joazel: cardio 850 min. + stretching 4x/wk.
    MsPerception: complete C25K-afterward log 6 miles running/wk, bike 12 mi./wk, strength train 2x/wk, + log 1300+ exercise minutes for August.
    Late to the game: S.T 3/x wk, + cardio 3x/wk.
    Khunter: 600 minutes of exercise.

Hi ladies.........nice to see you all. to our team for those of you who are joinin in and welcome back to us all : ).. THis is our master list so far.
  • Did I miss my name on the list?
    It could be my poor reading skills.
  • Just got done with an hour of home workout vids..

I can't wait until I can do one without having to take 10 breaks during it..
  • Ok ladies I didn't do so well with the exercise goal last month. I have no excuses this month we are moved and the house is all organized. Here are my goals for August.

30min cardio everyday
    weight training 3 x week
  • Um, I don't know how I calculated 6300 minutes! That's an insane 3.5 hours/day! It should be 1200, 40 of which I've already done...woo hoo!
  • 8/1: 55 min ck5k wk 5 day 3, 5 min stretch

8/2: 55 min walk, 5 min stretch
    8/3: 5 min abs (mostly rest)
    8/4: 10 min yoga, 30 min strength
    8/5: 10 min frisbee
    8/6: 25 min 30 d.s. Lvl 1 day 2, 55 min c25k w6 day2
    8/7: 60 min walking
    8/8: 50 min c25k wk 6 day3, 10 min stretch
    This week: 285 min

8/9: rest
    8/10: 30 min wave jumping
    8/11: restivus
    8/12: 55 min c25k week 7 day 1, 30 min yoga
    8/13: more restivus...
    8/14: 55 min c25k wk 7 d 2
    8/15: rest

8/16: 55 min c25k wk 7 d 3
    8/17: 60 min walking
    8/18: 60 min c25k wk 8 d 1
    8/19: 60 min walking
    8/20: 60 min walking
    8/21: 60 min walking
    8/22: 60 min walking

8/23: REST
    8/24: 60 min c25k wk 9 day 1
    8/25: Rest
    8/26: 55 min c25k wk 9 d 2
    8/27: 20 min yoga
    8/28: rest
    8/29: 55 min c25k wk 9 dy 3

8/30: rest
    8/31: 20 min yoga, c25k wk 10 d 1

GOAL!!!!
  • Um, I'm not on the master list for some reason. My post *was* short.

August challenge: 1500 minutes.

I think I'm too young here to have a ticker, but this is how it's going:

August challenge: 120/1500

Minutes to pay off bike: 555/6000
  • I got my 33 minutes in today of treadmill walk/run.
  • Since last week, I've been away from home - eating terribly and for some reason not following through at all on exercise
    But August is a whole new month!

Goal: 3.5 hr cardio & 1 hr strength/week + stretching every day
    Actually, the way the weeks fall, this weekly goal isn't really making sense to my any more (I plan my weeks starting with Monday). So if anyone cares, I am going to change to monthly goals of:
    930 minutes cardio & 265 minutes of strength (sounds random but that is what an hour a week for a 31-day month equals) and still trying to stretch every day...

Aug 1: ~30 min. swimming
    Aug 2: 20 min. 30-day Shred (ouch!)
    --------------------------------------------
    TOTALS:
    50/930 min. cardio
    10/265 min. strength
    1/31 15-min. stretches
  • So far:
    1/8 - 0
    2/8 - walking 40 minutes
    3/8 - line dancing 60 minutes
    880 - 100 = 780 cardio to go
    No stretching so far.

Not been here long enough to be eligible for a ticker.
  • Hi!

The first three days of AUgust have been ok for me - I've walked home from the tube each day, but am yet to get on my bike.

I'm very interested in all of you doing the C25K - I'm thinking maybe my excersise goal for Sept?

For now, I've just seen the ad for the new Nintendo DS gamey thing, where you get a pedometer and upload your daily info into your DS. It does calorie counting as well... I'm thinking I really really want it - I already have a DS.
  • Well everyone, I did it!
    Week 1 Day 1 of C25K accomplished! It was a LOT easier than I anticipated it would be. My zune (or the podcast) even glitched out and I ended up running 2 60 second segments in a row with no break and I'm pretty sure it was longer than 2 minutes that I ran.. he never told me to stop running and pretty soon he was like "well it's time to run again" and I said WHAAAAAT!!! and then decided to give it a go.
    I know I said I only wanted to do it twice a week but that seems silly now when it's designed for 3x a week. I was just scared before.
    And... while it was done in public, we do have a park here with a fantastic track and I only had to deal with one other runner and 2 fishermen. Not horrible.
    I feel so great!

I can't seem to find the names of the others who were going to start C25K this week. Gah! How did you do???