August Exercise Challenge

You're on Page 4 of 28
Go to
  • Okay, I'm in. I will continue with ST three days per week and cardio three days per week. Boring, but I'm not ready for that HIIT C25K stuff!
  • joazel - aboard, some of us post daily with updates, others less frequently, whatever keeps you on track! Have fun and let us know how you're doing.

Cmo4 - Well at least you didn't get a black eye! Those things can be used as weapons after kids, wow! Glad you made it out alive and incline workouts rock, I'm trying to find a way to work those in somewhere.

Shrinking - I know how you feel about the public thing, I started running somewhere b/w 205 and 208, after losing 20lbs. I only got up early in the morning to do it so that no one would see me and that was six or seven weeks ago. I still wrap a hoodie around my waist so that I don't feel like the world is looking at my butt but now I realize that it's something a lot of ppl wish they did and giggly bits or not it's empowering to do it. Now when ppl drive by I just run faster so it looks better, lol, how times change.

MsP - Those are some awesome goals, gonna be working hard.

WEEK 1
    August 1 - HIIT Week 5 Day 2, 28 minutes; Circuit Training CORE 60 minutes

Goal: Non-vacation days, workout twice a day, with two days off
    Vacation days, run 5 days, strength training 4 days
  • OK I would like to join, I had already set my by August 31 goal and I actually started about a week ago. After looking at some of the posts, my goal looks pretty "weak"...LOL! But I'm going to stick with it and and maybe raise it for next month.

Goal - 600 minutes of workout by August 31
  • Quote: Me too dcapulet. Oh you came close. I had actually lowered my minutes and now decided to go back to my usual average. Anyhow........I'm with you! Let's go for it!
    we can totally do it.
  • Count me in.

August Challenge: 1500 minutes.

I've got 60 down today.
    ---

This is my first challenge.
  • Okay, so my first post of minutes...

My Minutes:
    8/1: 32 min Wii Fit, 70 min walk, 18 min bike (4 miles)

Wow, I did a lot today, but it was split up nicely, so it didn't feel like it. I'm trying to walk 3 days a week with DH which serves as his exercise for the week, which falls on my non-running days which are now my biking days. The Wii was mostly strength and yoga, but I did some Hula to work those abs! Come on, nice body, I know you're in here somehwere!!!
  • 55 min couch to 5k today... 5 min stretch.
  • Aug. 1 - 120 minutes biking, 20 minutes yoga

Starting it off with a bang I guess
  • Well, I feel a little like I'm cheating although my feet, knees and legs will assure you I got a workout today. I did a 5 mile hike that took 4+ hours so it is a big first day for me. LOL

Peg
  • HI girls I am heading to bed but wanted to start the month off right and post my minutes. I'm real sleepy so I wont be on much longer, I will update our list tomorrow. Happy first day everyone . Chat more tomorrow...night : )

8/1-105 min. (25 min. swim (laps), 80 min. walk (60 min.+20 min.)
    8/2-
    8/3-
    8/4-
    8/5-
    8/6-
    8/7-
    Total min:
  • wtg chickiessssssss....awesome first day
  • Well, I'll be honest.
    Today was a lazy day for my boyfriend & I.. but I'm not using that as an excuse!

Just did some crunches on my ab ball today.. Not really much of a workout.. but I'll be going for it tomorrow morning, talk to you guys then.

*Aug 1st - Crunches on ab ball. (Baby steps.. ?!)
  • crazymama...........sure thing chicky! I'll make the necessary adjustments tommorow morning when I update and edit the list.

dcapulet

Girlssss..... Nice to have you aboard. One of my goals is to post a minimum of every other day here but quite frankly I may change it to every day. Just like posting regularly is one of the keys to success in our weight loss thread...same goes here. I experienced this too....been in the ex. challenges since winter and posted regularly until recent past month and a half and what a differenceeeeeee!

i better get to bed......night chicks. See you all tomorrow.
  • Daily Progress

Week 1

August 1 ~ 60 minutes cardio w/MFC [30 minutes walking][30 minutes CT w/MFC]
    August 2 ~ Scheduled Day Off
  • My Minutes:
    8/1: 32 min Wii Fit, 70 min walk, 18 min bike (4 miles)
    8/2: 33 min walk/run (C25K W6 D2)

I plan to get my ST in today, but I need to buy the ankle weights. So, I may end up doing all but those 3 exercises for today. It's my 12th wedding anniversary today! I will be eating out tonight...so here's to healthy restaurant choices!