Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

to all the new ladies! Post often and join in the madness so we all get to know you.

It's taken me forever to decide this month, with two weeks on vacation, what's reasonable while still ambitious, doable without stressing me out...it's stressing me out!! So I decided on losing 8lbs to hit 178lbs instead of 10 like usual to give myself some room since I can't exercise 3x a day while at my in laws, that would be anti-social

Delphi - I love your goal this month, I've been doing that too, trying to maintain 7000cal exercise deficit each week but I love the idea of making it official cuz when I don't do it, I'm not that concerned about it, but if it were a goal...maybe next month I'll copy you since I won't know my exact calories for two weeks. Always so smart you are.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:47 PM   #47  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

everybody!

Oh Ms. P. ..140's! I've heard of that mythical number. I will be right here cheering you on!

I can't wait for August to start since July is still sort of blah
Old 07-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #48  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

I'm so excited to meet all of you & hear about your goals! Let's do this together!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:54 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 249/175/149

Height: 5'8"

I'm def. in! My goal for August: 6 lbs.

I think I'm also gonna join the exercise challenge too.. That's probably gonna be my key to losing the 6!

Talk to you all soon,
BB
Old 07-30-2009, 01:18 PM   #50  

Hi Tummygirl, NSM, and all SOunds like a great plan tummygirl. NSM, same here.....let's get ready

bbee....gts you over here as well

UrthWarm....
Old 07-30-2009, 01:21 PM   #51  

Our August members thus far... We have a sister thread titled "August Exercise Challenge" for those of you who would like to join us over there as well.

FullSteamAhead: get to last lowest weight and drop a couple of lbs.
sstolte: get below 210
jeweliek: lose 12 lbs., run 48 miles, weight training 3x/wk.
crazymamaof4: lose 5 lbs., try more new recipes, eat my fruits +veggies, try calorie cycling, + include more good fats in my diet.
canadianangel: report here everyday, be 205, minimum 50 miles running on treadmill.
UniquelyNormal: eat healthy + exercise.
TERAPET: lose 6 lbs.
Delphi: lose 10 lbs., maintain a 1, 000 calorie deficit 6 days a week.
inthemidst: lose 10 lbs., eat OP, not get sidetracked on vaca., + not let school freak me out.
dcapulet: lose 6 lbs., maintain good eating habits, start getting some work done for school, 1200 min. ex.
Darby1: get under 190, ex. 5x/wk, work on a ST program, stay within WW points every day.
nellonello: get to 199
ajowens: lose 8lbs. to get to 158, eat all vegetable servings, + walk everday.
misspiggy408: say "buy-bye" to the 140's, wight training 3x/wk, cardio 4x/wk, + no beer during the week.
UrthWurm: lose 6 lbs., eat more fruits and veggies, exercise 3x/wk, walk 1x/day.
MissMallee: lose 5lbs., eat balanced meals, + start exercising regularly again.
NewShinyMe: eat OP 6 days/wk, journal food intake, keep track of water intake, + stay accountable on weekends.
LateToTheGame: lose 7-10 lbs., 3 days ST + 3 days cardio.
MountainChick: lose 5-7 lbs.
BlueIsis: 2x limit eating out at restaurants, no ice cream or alcohol, reach 120's.
mamatoni: lose 11 lbs. to reach onderland, ex. 5x/wk. No dessert with the exception of elephant ear at fair.
merose: lose approx. 10 lbs., get to 178 halfway, then to 174.
ernurse: lose 2 lbs. per/wk, stay within WW points, 4 bottles water daily, + give support at site daily.
MsPerception: take a multivitamin most days, get into the 140's.
Wifey: lose 10 lbs. +drink a lot of water
Pucedaisy: get down to 145.
wanting2b140: lose 10lbs. to get to 228
chunksoflove: lose 12.5 lbs. to get to 240.
Ruth135: lose 3-5 lbs.
Tummygirl: Lose 8lbs. to hit 178.
bbee: Lose 6 lbs.

Last edited by FullSteamAhead; 07-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:26 PM   #52  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Tummy ~ You know, I love the accountability we have with our threads. I know I can do it, I just have to work for it. I plan on posting my deficit every day with my first morning post as well or at night when I record it. We shall see, but knowing I have to do that will ensure I will make it.

to all you new gals. I look forward to getting to know you ladies and being as uber supportive as my cheerful self can be. Good to see so many new faces.

FSA ~ Thanks for keeping up with everything. I know the transition between months gets hectic, so just wanted to say thanks...you're a peach.

Last edited by Delphi; 07-30-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:59 PM   #53  
MountainChick

S/C/G: 135/134/115

Height: 5'2"

Default We can do it!

FullSteamAhead - Thanks for comiserating!
Delphi Thanks for the warm welcome!

I did my first shopping for food stuff last night - eating out is so challenging and I'm not great with temptation

I am thinking about joining a gym - where I live it's over 100 degrees daily and doesn't cool off much at night. If I do join you'll see me in the exercise challenge as well. Some of your goals are really impressive! I'm actually in horrible shape so I'll keep mine low until I get back into the game.

I make a promise to you all that I won't eat anything fattening for the rest of the day. I know it's not August yet, but I'm ready! I know if I promise here then I won't do it!

Thanks to all who post - this forum gives me something to do when I would otherwise be thinking about eating

Last edited by MountainChick; 07-30-2009 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:48 PM   #54  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

MountainChick: The support here begins even before August start. So I am keeping an eye on you and your food intake
Old 07-30-2009, 07:04 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 337.4/322/155

Height: 5'8

I've got a few goals for various parts of the month:

No longer morbidly obese by Aug 7th

Reach 10% target by Aug 13

No Candy through August 21 (I started July 21)

And, hmm, lets say down to 255 by Aug 31
Old 07-30-2009, 08:01 PM   #56  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone...just wanted to say that I will be joining you all and I'm actually coming back from being MIA for a few months... I don't even remember where i was at when i stopped but i was around the 150 mark... so my goals for august are to pick up my exercise routine that i havent done in a while either and to get my eating in order.. I'm also trying to cook at home more now...

let's see whats been going on with me... things havent been working out with the hubby...he moved out about a month and a half ago and i filed for divorce...but you know what i lost a lot of the stress in my life and realized that he was holding me back from everything... but more importantly i realzied that i didnt need him in my life because he didnt love me in the first place.. at least it only took me nearly three years of marriage to realize that and not any longer... i got a better paying job and am supporting my son who is just shy of a year and a half and i love him dearly and lets see what else is new... i signed up for a gym membership but the place isn't done being built yet so it should be a few weeks until it opens... so its time for me to kick it up a notch and get healthier.. and release all my tension and anxiety that way..
Old 07-30-2009, 08:02 PM   #57  
Abe's Mom

S/C/G: 196/142.8/125

Height: 5'4"

so looks like my last weight was 148.8 not bad...because now i'm sitting at 153-154 so my goal in terms of weight is to be in the 140s and to work out for an hour a day
Old 07-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 319/279/150

Height: 5'8

I'm in again!

My goal for August is to lose 9lbs.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:29 AM   #59  

morning girls , Happy Friday.

Delphi....ty for the kind words...hug. Hope your having a great start to the weekend.

Hi NSM : )

MountainChick....wtg on getting your ingredients and getting ready for tomorrow. I like your pledging for the day, etc. I'm thinking of doing that more frequently here as well...it really helps . Sounds like your mapping out some exercise ideas too, keep us posted : )

Alcai4067, princess2323, and iamren and back.

oops...I have to go....bbl. Princess I am glad you found your way back here...it's nice to have you. Bravo to you on all that you are doing and congrats on your gym membership...a terrific outlet all the way around. Welcome to our team welcome to all of you joining in. Talk soon girls...let's get ready for tomorrow.
Old 07-31-2009, 12:05 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

FSA - Please adjust me to lose 8lbs to hit 177lbs, my body just had one more July pound to get out of it's system today. Thanks.

NSM - I feel the same way, like do ppl really weight in the 140's or the 130's even? It's like big foot. I have a feeling someone is going be seeing those 160's soon enough too.

UrthWurm - So glad to have you, it's such a wonderful thread for accountibility when we post regularly b/c these ladies are supportive but also tell it to ya straight, it's invaluable.

bbee - I would definitely say hit that exercise thread, it's all about moving it for sure and it's a great place to get ideas for how to torture, *ahem* I mean improve ourselves

Delphi - I totally agree, the shame I would feel if I have to come here and confess to food transgressions, it would be horrible. It's amazing what we've all accomplished here just by putting some kind of quantifiable goal to it. This is one powerful group of females!

MountainChick - I say join that gym, or workout at home with DVD's whatever it takes but get that body moving especially with 20lbs to lose, from what I've read it's all exercise at that point but I won't know, yet Welcome aboard! And watch out for NSM, she's not kidding!

Aclai - Awesome goals, morbidly is a horrible word that definitely has no business describing your weight and good riddance to it!

Princess - Welcome back! That is what I would call a happy sad story but it's all about finding our way in the world and what is best. What an adorable little guy too! Congrats on staying within 5lbs and during some obviously stressful times, that's commendable!

iamren - Welcome back!

Tomorrow's the day, gotta love a fresh start, let's bring our A game ladies.
Closed Thread