Old 07-24-2009, 09:53 PM   #91  
Giovanna

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Don't know what I did wrong for the colors for Nello, 'Gltutio, Jacqee and Susie! Please add a ? to "what you girls do to chill." I am so anal about things like that!
Late to the game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:45 PM   #92  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Hi Girlies!
Just a quick pop in for me. I have not forgotten about you, but with my mom here is really hard to get online. She doesn't speak English and she depends on me for everything, so I feel like I have to keep her company all the time. I will be back to my normal routine starting Monday and I will definitely be all in for August.

I miss you all!!!!
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:19 AM   #93  

HI girls....it's late and I'm about to head to bed but wanted to pop in and say hi and catch up on your news..

Newshinyme............welcome back girl well we miss you too ... Hope your having a great time with mom....

Delphi....thanks chicky for the encouragement and all...: ). Sounds like you had a busy day over there... HOpe your sleeping like a kitten and get a great nights rest. hug

Tummygirl.....ty as well. You gals are wonderful.. I hope your feeling better tummy, hang in there...you'll be so happy once that darn tom comes and passes. You are doing great....hope your sleeping well too and awaken to a bright new day tomorrow.....as I hope you all do.

Late to the game....stress sure can be hard. IT was that last physical I had after many months of little sleep and a lot of stress (long story...my dad had a massive heart attack but recoverd). I ended up at the docs office because of the residual effects of stress and a few chest pains here and there... TUrns out my blood pressure was so bad at the time ...they almost wouldn't let me leave the office. THe new doc i had was bad too...oh god..yelled at me and put through so much more stress on top of what I had already gone through. My blood tests were not good. I managed to get my blood pressure way down to almost normal by cutting out salt...eating healthy and exercise... I need to go for a repeat sometime .
Regardingyour cholesterol...I am sure you know that what we ate prior the blood test can affect the readings. OH by the way....the south beach diet had helped me a lot at the time as well.
I understand the frustration at not losing as much as you had planned or visioned .....and sometimes it takes an objective viewpoint to really see how much we have accomplished. You really are doing great...it sounds like yo u have made so many positive changes with exercising now...eating healthy...and losing 4.6 lbs. so far this month! I was losing on average that for a long time and it was frustrating at first but boy you keep at it and those numbers really add up.
As for what we do to releive stress. Walking does it for me. I just love to walk....it's exercise but also something I just enjoy sooooooo much. THe other thing I do........basically is to stop myself short if i start thinking negatively or worrying...etc... (if it gets to a point i feel its self defeating). Sometimes I get upset that I didn't lose the weight or things didn't pan out how i wanted by summer and I get upset.........It doesnt do me any good so I just stop the thought process....remind myself of the positives and all the changes I have made.......do the best I can and continue to keep the weight under control righ tnow and then continue on. I dont know if this helps any...but those are the things that help me. Ohhhhhhh and the gals here of course. Just coming in and reading the kind words and all....now that is grand! ty ty ty to you all............luv ya wow...I wrote a lot...i better get to bed...lol night : )
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 01:38 AM   #94  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

1 week till moving day. Things are slowly starting to get chaotic. I'm probably not going to get a bed till next payday and I know I will not have cable/internet for a while so I'll have to get into the library routine again. I need to anyway, there are some vamp books I want to check out. I don't have to get a Uhaul since I have really sweet neighbors who offered to help me move. So happy since I REALLY do not have the money for a Uhaul or anything else basically. The only thing I'm going to 'splurge' on is a fan because I can't sleep without one. I only have like $100 so the rest is going to be spent on food. This just cements my thoughts that staying with the VA in that department is doing nothing for me. I don't even make enough money to get essentials. My friend's got a lead on a job so I'm applying next week. I just really hate to resign my position and then they call me about another position in the hospital. Do yall realize how much paperwork that is?! It's the government! But I'm tired of holding on and going nowhere. And Fields is getting on my last damn nerve. The Im-about-to-throw-bleach-in-your-face-if-you-dont-step-off nerve. Not good.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 06:35 AM   #95  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late to the game View Post
Hi chickies. Wow, miss a day, miss a lot!

JAQUEE ~ I'm right there with you on the pizza! My son just started working at a new pizza joint. They have thin crust, which I'm not ordinarily a fan of, but it was good! I think it will be my new pizza of choice. Have to keep the place in business, he needs the job!!
Well the place we went to is an old sort of mom and pop place that has been around forever. It's one of those places that EVERYBODY knows about and loves. I don't go often because you can go crazy with the food/drink....but that is where he wanted to go....it was worth it because we had a great time. I only eat thin and crispy and this kind is so good. Thank g-d my son works at a coffee joint....can't really do too bad at starbucks!!!

You are doing great with the weightloss...4.6 lbs is nothing to sneeze at ...keep it up

As far as the color/bold problem you had with some of the names, make sure you highlight all the text that you want to bold/highlight. It looks like for whatever reason you didn't get some of the brackets in the post and that will mess up everything. I find that if I preview a post before submitting, I will see what it looks like and can make the appropriate changes, but I'm real anal about things looking exactly right. Don't stress...we knew exactly what you were shooting for there.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #96  

morning girls popped in to say hi and wish you all a great day. We are finally seeing the sun here today. DH and I would like to go for a walk on the beach but the greenheads (biting flies) are in season so we may go up to this place father north (boardwalk etc... on a beach...no greenheads there as there is no marsh there). It's supposed to be muggy so it's an ideal place to walk.......nice to get that ocean breeze.

\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/\_/ ice coffee's ............chat soon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:35 AM   #97  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Morning,

LTTG - Just the one baby girl for me, it's funny when you compare to Sandye i've got a cake walk over here but PMS and me are not friends and my daughter can smell when I get cranky and she goes for broke, I admire her determination though I'm a big reader too, I love it for relaxing and I hope it's a hobby b/c it's my only one. I'm not the best person to ask though as I'm pretty laid back with stress, I seem to have isolated moments of it then it's gone. And 4.6lbs is somuch better than where you were before, making the habits that will get you to goal and beyond are very important too whether weight comes off or not. You're losing a pound a week that's right where you should be.

NSM - I thought maybe you'd fallen into a pail of ice cream or something, glad you're doing good and can't wait for you to be back on Monday.

JasonLea - That's some really fantastic neighbours you have, always nice to see such kindness from people. Good luck with the move and definitely look for a job that suits you better, reach for the stars!

Jacque -

FSA - Have a wonderful day with that hubby of yours and eww not a fan of biting bugs, good choice!

As for me, got some business today, some lawn mowing before it pours rain this afternoon, some HIIT to squeeze in and baking the birthday cake and cleaning. Should be fun and down another half pound today into the 188's yeha! have an awesome day ladies.
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 10:42 AM   #98  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning chickies!!!

I don't have much time for personals this morning but I'll try...

Glutio
~ congrats on selling the dining set! I totally need to list some stuff on Craigslist! Also a huge congrats on the loss!!! I am so proud of you!! Keep it up hun!

Delphi~ Hey hun! I would sooooo be up for a mixer!!! Absofreakin'lutely!!! That would be so fun! And thanks, I am excited, but like I said, I'm a loon and I feel like I'm gunna jinx it if I get too excited, kwim? Yeah, go ahead, call me crazy! Sounds like you're going to be busy these next couple of weeks--don't ya love back to school? I need to find the supply list for the boys--but their website is all messed up so I'm stuck. Hee hee, wtg beating your oldest on DDR!! And lastly--I'm with you! A fresh start is just the thing you need girlie! Kiss July and all the stress it brought good bye and say HELLO to August!! Bring it on baby!

Tummy~ You should be so proud of yourself for your positive attitude hun! I swear, sometimes that seems to be the biggest, best accomplishment of all! Turning my thinking around! Nothing beats a positive attitude right? RIGHT! As for goodie bags...I'm thinking of soy beans, fiber treats and paper fans...how much damage can be done with those huh? Man, I'd have a grumpy bunch of kids on my hands if I did that huh? Sorry you felt so wiped out yesterday! Find thee a cave asap! Damn TOM! I still find it amazing that he has such an effect on us!! Just saw your latest post--Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss hun! You're just truckin' right along!!!

FSA
~ Hey hun! So glad your hubby is back where he belongs--how cute that the puppy and kitties were waiting at the door for him! Awww! I hope you get a wonderful walk in today! Ahhh a walk on the beach--that sounds heavenly! I miss the ocean. *sniff*

Mom
~ I am so proud of you getting BOTH of your ST'ing workouts in!! That's so awesome! Now see, THAT'S the way to get it done!! I bet you probably felt a little less stressed afterwards too right? Jacque had good tips regarding the posting errors--I always preview and if something slips by me, I hit the edit button and fix it. Gotta love the edit button! As for stress relievers...you know my routine. When I get super insane-o I get out of here by myself. Of course I can only do that on the weekends, but man does it help! Last week's BMV, shoe store, B&N, Goodwill, Kroger trip was heavenly and I felt sooooooo much better when I got home!! Only other thing I can suggest is maybe getting on a plane and visiting your First Born .

NSM~ So nice to hear from you!! Enjoy the time with your mom and we'll be here when ya get back!!! I look forward to seeing you more in August!!

Shari
~ Aw hun, I'm sorry you're having such a tough time at work right now! Hang in there and I hope something new comes along soon! Yay for not having to rent a UHaul! That's fantastic! I'm with you on the fan--gotta have one!!

Jacque~ between you and my Mom talking about pizza you're gunna drive me crazy! It's been months since I've had some and ooooh do I love it! Oh and ya know, I could do some serious damage at Starbucks!! Oh yes I could! Nothing like a white chocolate caramel mocha!! Mmmm! I don't even want to think about how crazy high in calories and fat those are!!! Sheesh! Thanks for the link to the magazine site btw!!

Well lookie there! I did have time! It helps that hubby was busy making breakfast for the kiddos. We are off to an extremely late start this morning! Breakfast at 10:30?! Ah well, that's what happens when a big thunderstorm rolls through at night and wakes everyone up!

Anyway...I have an announcement to make...(drum roll please...)

I finished my 8 Week HIIT Workout!!!!!!

And what's better--I didn't drop dead doing it!

I've also finished my 12 weeks of BFL! Tomorrow is WI and Measurement Day and I'll tally up everything and see how many inches I lost off my belly (the HIIT workout was for losing belly fat fast) and how many inches overall.

Lastly...the planets must be aligned in some special way because I'm down again today! 151.2!!! And after my workout, I was 150.2!! Egads! It was so cool to see '150' staring me in the face! I'm not holding my breath though--after all, it was after my workout.

Well girls, we're heading to the fair today! It's the last day and it's dreary and it's supposed to rain off and on all day--but it's cool and that's what counts!

Okay girls, I've babbled long enough! Get out there and have a wonderful day! And of course, be sure to...

Drink Your Water!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 12:04 PM   #99  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

I'll be back in a few to catch up. I woke up too late from a late night, but just wanted to read up on your news. My day simply is right unless I come here first. Brb
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 08:15 PM   #100  
Giovanna

Hi girls.

FSA ~ Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. Walking on the beach lucky you!! If I lived close to a beach, I would do it every day The treadmill is boring me to tears It is safe, and that's something I worry about when I think of walking around the neighborhood. I have sprained my ankle-severly, requiring a cast, twice- and broken one ankle once. I experience chest pains too, but I've been checked out and I'm okay, but my mom had her first heart attack at 49, and I'm a lot like she was (overweight, former smoker, anxiety ridden), so I'm a little nervous And then there is the issue of dogs. So I feel a little safer walking in a gym, boring as it is. Where do you live, if you don't mind my asking?

JASONSLEA ~ How nice of your neighbors to help. Good luck on the job interview! : I feel your pain, I work for the government too!

JACQUEE ~ We're going to my son's pizza place tonight I am going to try a cheeseless pizza. It's got to be healthy, don't you think? It's thin crust, and vegetarian. I'll get an individual, eat two small pieces, add a side spinach salad, and take the other two pieces home. They don't have a liquor license yet, so I'll have water. Sounds like a guilt-free dinner if you ask me!

TUMMY ~ Isn't it funny how kids just know when you are PMSing and are especially evil at that time? It's a dang good thing they're so cute! It is nice that you are so laid back. I know I should be, but it is really hard for me. I get upset and angry when I miss a green light. How dumb is that? I'm always in a hurry, and missing that light makes me feel like I'm falling behind on my work, even, like today, when I had nothing pressing, just the usual housework and laundry. What's up with that???? I'm just weird I guess, ask Sandye.

SANDYE ~ So how was the fair? Was it the Stare fair, or a smaller county fair? Did Ab partake in any of the rides? WOO HOO on seeing 150!!! That is "like" almost the 140s! When was the last time you saw THAT?

DELPHI ~ Everything okay?

As for me, I was at the gym at 7:00 a.m. I did 2.10 miles, but didn't do any biking. My hips were killing me, and hurt for a couple of hours afterwards. I really need to find another kind of cardio workout.

I was back down into the 170s this morning. 179.6, for a total of 6.2. I may just make goal this month. I wanted 7-10 lbs thinking it would be no problem. HA! I'm still trying to learn how to eat for my cholesterol and blood sugar issues. It's so confusing Well, I hope you all have/had a nice evening, and I'll check in tomorrow. Keep
Old 07-25-2009, 08:40 PM   #101  

Delphi...oh Delphi...where are yoooooooooooooooooooooou?

Mom~ Remember, normal is b o r i n g !!! Weird is more fun! Woo hoo! Talk about a swoosh in the right direction!! Congrats on the loss!!! And woo hoo on the panties for getting to the gym so early today! The fair--hahaha! It was a county fair and although cute and wee, it was such a joke today! The only animals left were sheep and they were all getting haircuts and baths when we got there so no fluffy, puffy sheep for the kids to see. Half of the rides and carnie games weren't open due to the buckets of rain we had last night and this morning. I think we spent about 45 mins there total. But, the kids were pleased as punch because although they didn't ride a single ride--they played 2 games and each took home a little stuffed dolphin from the fishing game. Oh yeah, and we bought them 'Rotten Candy' (as Em calls it) too. So they were happy campers! If only they were so easy to please all the time eh?

Not much else to report on my end. Girls are in bed, boys are watching a movie and I'm about to head over the exercise board and see if I can get any ideas for rampin' up my workouts next month.

Hope everyone had a great day and has a great night!!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:01 PM   #102  
Giovanna

SANDYE ~ I'll take a little county fair over a big state fair anytime!. "Rotten candy,' I love it!!
Old 07-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #103  

Mom~ yeah, me too! Haha, I know, that cracked me up! However, I should note that going to any fair while trying to eat healthy--is dangerous! Oh the smells coming from the food vendors!! OMGosh! Some of them were so yummy! And I saw more than one person chowin' down on roasted corn on the cob--ACK! I nearly snatched them out of their hands! I did, however, manage to restrain myself.
Old 07-25-2009, 11:32 PM   #104  
Giovanna

Sandye - good job. Fair food is the worst!
Old 07-26-2009, 02:07 AM   #105  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sorry ladies, it was one busy day, if you can tell by me posting at one in the morning. We just finished up two more disks of LOST. Long night, but we just can't go to sleep knowing they were here. I LOVE this show, it's awesome. LTTG, I am loving it. We are now into the second season. Gosh, I can't believe I waited so long to watch it, but glad I did. We are getting to watch them in order and it's just so awesome.. on the loss.

We spent most of the day outside so the boys could get some swimming in while they can. Can't believe school starts in a few weeks. Where did the summer go? Anywho, just thought I'd check in and see what you ladies were up to. Hopefully, I'll be up at a descent hour in the morning to do things proper. I have the boys room to tackle tomorrow, and ladies, if I'm not back in two hours after I start someone may need to send in a search party. I swear, I just revamped their room last month and now it's a nightmare. Any ways, I'll catch you ladies in the morning. I hope you all slept well and the weekend is treating you nice.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote