Old 07-06-2009, 08:53 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Morning, back to work tomorrow, so one more day to enjoy. Headed out the door for a run, then back here to find some new recipes for the week. Have to make cooking and eating more interesting so I can avoid the evening snacks, blahs etc.

I do GREAT all day, but horrible after 5:30 or so!
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:46 AM   #17  

Me again, went right out after my last post and did W3D2 of the C25K, getting back to running and working on both my endurance and time. I have signed up for the 1/2 marathon in Sept, then fallen off the wagon with graduation. Have to get going again. 11 weeks from yesterday, I will going 13.2 miles and I plan to run at least 1/2 the time!! That should also help me to get back under 140!

This morning I weighed almost 158
7/31 I want to be at 152 (6# in 25 days)
Then 7 more pounds in August would put me at 145
Then I would have one more pound in the first week of September to get to 144 (closer to 130 than 150!)
137 by 10/14 (family date)
130 by 11/26 (Thanksgiving celebration)
125 by the New Year!!

Do-able, if I focus, cook our own meals (not so many dinners out) and move my butt every day.

W 100
E Just did C25K, going for crunches now, also hula hoop
E OP
D Last day off, make it count (going out and lay in the sun I think!)
Old 07-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #18  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

Good to see some new faces. Hope you stick around. This is a great group.

NIXIE-- Do I have to say this out loud??? Throw out the cake!!! I know you don't want to, but do you want to eat all the leftovers??? You can do it.

I realized that I never post WEED anymore. It was always the same thing, so I got tired of doing it. Just for the record though.....
W-Try to drink more (I always fail here)
E- Yep, I workout everyday doing something
E- I play with this a bit but try to stick with 1400-1500 daily
D- Already in my signature... Doing it this time

I am proud to say that I am doing it this time. It is taking some time but, I am 66 pounds lighter than I was a year and a half ago. I am a whole different person because it. My life has changed in many ways. Some day I don't even recognize myself. It is probably one of the most life altering things I've ever done. Why did it take me so long??

Well girls, ready to rock this challenge and make a little more progress. Here's to a smaller me by fall.

Last edited by mtiger; 07-06-2009 at 10:56 AM.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 242/235/145

Hello,
I am new here, and I really want to start a challenge.

A little about me:
My name is Gretchen, and I need to lose ALOT of weight. I am terrible about losing it, and then I gain it all back plus some. Right now, I am feeling really motivated. I started having some health issues from the weight....ankle pain that is bad and swelling in my feet. I am 33...way too young to feel so terrible all the time. I am a teacher in Mississippi, and I have 3 kids and a husband. I hope this challenge will prove to be a great support.

Here are my goals:
Current weight: 235
Goal by Labor Day: 220

I like the WEED thing. This is what I would like to focus on:
W - Water intake.I want to drink 2 of my hospital water bottles a day.
E - Exercise. This is the part I don't like. Since I am having alot of joint pain, I am going to take it slow. My goal will work up to doing 30 minutes 4 days a week by the end of the challenge.
E - Eats. My goal is to stick to WW. I want to be really good to myself and pay close attention to those portion controls...I like to eyeball it too much.
D - Daily goal/Daily affirmation. This is another wild card. It doesn't even have to be weight-loss related! I have to think about this one still.

Anyway, looking forward to meeting everyone......
ggluvbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:02 PM   #20  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

GG ~ welcome!
Rosekeet ~ welcome!

Mtiggie - 66LBS!!!! Thats it. Cake is gone! Actually Boblian took care of that this morning along with the 7 layer dip, and I passed out the remaining chocolate covered macadamia nuts that I got from my friend from Hawaii. I can hardly wait to eat broccoli and fish again. Mindy ~ I am assigning you to be my personal food police girl. Please inquire accordingly. Not kidding, as a matter of fact....

Mavie ~ I need you use your license to run and send my some C25K vibes my way. I need to move my tookus and to get back to walking the dog at night (not enough time in the morning) You will be my pet exercise cop. Please inquire accordingly.

Grazer ~ honey, do over! What are we starting? You and me. Early morning work outs???? I can be up at 4:30 and do a 20 minute video before getting ready for work. Starts our day right. You in (of course at what ever your "early" is)? You can be my morning "do over" cop and police my wake up exercise! I'll do the same for you.

Ya didn't think you were getting assignments today did ya. The jobs don't pay for you, but its steady work. And, well, I am gonna need some serious help ladies. And just because ya didnt get an assignment today don't mean ya wont.

Let me know what I need to hold you accountable for... we can do this together! RIGHT!!!!??????
Nixmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 02:15 PM   #21  

Kris, I love the ideas. I will be your Dog walking cop, but you need to make sure I got my arse going with you & Grazie in the am. I need to get back into exercising before work every day, makes me much more inclined to choose well for the rest of the day!

We know what works girls, let's get it together and follow Mindy to Land of the Lost Pounds!!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:22 PM   #22  
The Sky is the Limit!

Mavie - its a deal. By the time I get up on the west coast you should have your wake up time posted! And by the time you get up, I should have my dog walk posted from the night before! Accountability baby. Its gonna take more than mediocore (sp?) to get us to LOLP with the Tigster.

Woot! I'm pumped!!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:27 PM   #23  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Nix- Step one....accomplished. The cake is gone. YAY!!! Now, what's for dinner????

Gotta tell you guys, the Land of the Lost is a fun place to be. Got another compliment today at the vets office. I LOVE IT!!!! You guys can all join me. There is plenty of room.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:31 PM   #24  
I am Resilient

S/C/G: 227/ticker/160

Height: 5'10''

Hey all,

I'm not new to the site, but have been hit or miss for the past few years. I'd love to join this challenge!

About me:
My name is Kara. I'm 24 and getting marred two weeks after this challenge ends! I teach 3-5 year olds with special needs. My fiance and I have joined a ten week intense fitness program that incorporates martial arts style kickboxing, resistance training, and nutrition. We're halfway through and seeing great results. I'd also like to start C25K as I have aspirations to be a runner! I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!

SW: 224
CW: 210
GW (this challenge): 195
Ultimate Goal: 160

W: Doing well, 100+ oz. I usually don't have any problems here.
E: Did 50 min. kickboxing this morning, horribly tough workout but I made it!
E: Eating could've been better. I had fast food today One of my goals for this challenge is NO FAST FOOD. It's a huge weak spot for me. And to top it off, it didn't even taste that good. The nutrition plan I'm on is relatively simple: 6 small meals, moderate/high protein, lots of veggies, little/no processed carbs.
D: I need to remember that I am changing from the inside out. I want instant results and I need to be patient and trust the fact that I am (with the exception of my fast food episode) doing everything right. The payoff WILL come.

A good friend and I are going shopping, getting pedicures, and going out for lunch tomorrow. I WILL eat on plan.
kmelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #25  
The Sky is the Limit!

Welcome aboard Kara! We're happy you're up for the challenge!

Okay... I totally forgot that I had 1 more night of crazy new business junk to handle tonight, so MAVIE I have to start my dog walking accountability tomorrow night. But GRAZIE... I will be up at 4:30AM!

Mtiggie - dinner was a double minus. Tacos... but not in fried shells, but 3 of them (-1) and I ate them at 9pm (-2). But I am going to pack right for tomorrow.

Jen - you get caught up on sleep yet? You wanna be my sleep cop. 7 hours no matter what? 8 hours earns a Let me know.

K - off to bed to get 7 hours, just incase Jen pops in at o'dark thirty again!

Good night all!
Old 07-07-2009, 06:43 AM   #26  

Morning.

Welcome Kara, Gretchen & Allison, nice to meet ya, hope ya stick around.

I did manage to get up and get moving this am, did my crunches and a video Today is back to work day, going to get a walk in at lunch too!

I am headed for 152 by the end of this month, let's go, gonna take work to get there.

W 100 today!
E Done my crunches and my video, will walk at lunch and hula hoop tonight while I watch the Yankees
E OP, packing it to take with me so it's all under control
D Just heard the girl on the video
"If not you who & if not now, when?" I am responsible for my choices and for my happiness and I choose to be fit & happy!
Old 07-07-2009, 10:45 AM   #27  
Calorie Counter

Kara and Gretchen!

Gretchen, its such a good idea to take it slow it helps build your endurance and you don't get so overwhelmed. I am so glad you joined our group.

Kara, congrats on your upcoming wedding! Kickboxing sounds like so much fun. There is a class at the Gym I may look into. I have a problem with too much fast food too. We Can cook every night! Planning is everything! Our eating plans are very similar.

Nixie~I think I am caught up on sleep. Since starting swim lessons I have been getting to bed later and later on nights I have to work. I get up at 215 for work, and most nights I dont get to bed until 800 then I have my munchkins who like to watch tv in my bed while I go to sleep. I would love to be your sleep cop, but so you know I wouldn't be practicing what I am preaching (I average 5-6.5 hours a night).

MM~I like your plan. Maybe if I had a long term plan I would get somewhere.

Mindy~66 pounds is so awsome. and boy do I love those compliments too.

I got up and worked out this morning. No class but I did do 90 minutes of cardio. WHEW! I am actually feeling some soreness already. I did have to fight myself to get up though I was so tired. TOM started today so I am up 2 pounds (ICK) but at least I will have some relief from the raveous hunger monster that has taken over my body over the past week.

Speaking of compliments, I got one the other day. A woman that I work with asked if I lost 20 pounds since last year. I told her no (i wish) I am actually the same weight I was last year, up 5 pounds from last august. She didn't believe me because I have gotten thinner. I told her that I started running last May and that has shaped my body, and built muscles so that is why I look thinner. Another reason not to be so focused on the scale

Alright so today's

W 80 oz
E 90 minutes of cardio done. Weights and Abs coming after I vaccum
E 1200 cals. I packed my lunch and I will eat only what I packed (even though I am home)
D Eat what i packed. Vaccum, dishes, laundry. Keep moving.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:53 AM   #28  
Super Girl

S/C/G: 153/153/135

Height: 5'5"

Talking Feeling a little Jedi right now

Welcome, Rosekeet!! I'm training for the Race for the Cure in October as well, so maybe we can help each other out.

That said, ladies, I am SO excited about my yesterday. I woke up bloody early thanks to a friend (Ahem. Texting me at 5:30 in the morning on my summer vacation is notthe way to stay on my happy list). That was OK, really, because I had SO much to do yesterday - treating my deck, making a run to the landfill, etc, etc, blah, blah, blah. Anyway, I dragged myself and my kids down to the gym at about 3 yesterday, not feeling very motivated myself. But, I got on the treadmill, ready to do what I could for the afore mentioned 5k in October. I started running, and even though I was only supposed to run 1.75 miles as part of my training, I did 2.5 before I felt like I needed to stop!!!!! Woo-hoo!!! I'm only a .5 mile away from being "ready"! Then I can work on being faster.

OK, that was good enough, but last night, I also had a barbeque for my bestie who just bought a new house, and her family who are here from Washington state. I had all my normal goodness - chicken on a stick, cornbread, fruit salad, and watermelon - but in smaller amounts. AND, I felt satisfied enough that I didn't have my other normal goodness - ice cream cookie sandwich!!!!! Woo-hoo again!!!!

Anyway, I was very excited. So much so that I extended an invite to another friend of mine who just decided to lose 65 pounds to join us in this challenge. I think, ladies, it was just what I needed.
SuperGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:18 PM   #29  
The Sky is the Limit!

Supergirl you ARE a Jedi!!! Nice work on the good eats and for inspiring someone else to do something good for themselves too!!! I admire anyone able to run more than 20 seconds... much less 2.5 miles. HOLY MOLY! You should be proud!

Jen - I don't know how you do it chick. I could probably pull off a week of 5 hour nights, but then you would find me sleeping through saturday. I try to get 7 (cuz I need it) but 8 is FABULOSITY for making my scale move down. I am glad to hear you are caught up on sleep though!

Mavie - Bravo on the early morning! I failed miserably and slept through my alarm (see paragraph above about sleep needs) and was 1/2 late for work. However, my blessed assurance and the dog will be walking tonight, 7pm on the dot and I WILL REPORT A SUCCESS this evening.

Grazie - where you be at?

GG - hows the water going? I have decided I will be your water cop. I need a report missy!

Jen and Mtig - Hoorah for compliments to both of ya!!!! How exciting! You two have worked so consistently hard, you definitely deserve it!

Nchellie - totally missed your post earlier reading through the thread. My break is over but I will be back to catch up with you later!

Sorry for thread hoggin. So nice to be back in the game though!

W- 100 oz today -yuck havent touched it in two weeks
E- Dog Walk
E- Best I can - monkey bread jumped into my face this morning
D- Team work!
Old 07-07-2009, 12:32 PM   #30  
Bride-to-be!

S/C/G: 192/187/150

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! I'm Kristen- 25 from Michigan. I'm getting married next May and determined to lose the 20 lbs. I've gained in the last year or so before ordering my dress (personal deadline is around Labor Day- perfect!) Ultimately, I'd love to lose 30-40 lbs. but I know I will be happy after getting rid of 20 so that will be a huge milestone for me! I've already lost 2 lbs. this month, so just chugigng along! Nice to meet you all!!!

W- I drink a lot of water, no problem there. I usually have at LEAST 8-10 glasses a day of plain water, and even more if you count SF lemonade and unsweetened tea, etc.

E- I live about 100 feet away from a trail system which is awesome. DF and I have been bike riding at least twice a week (intense) and I will occasionally go for a run in the morning. I also have a gym membership that I haven't used as much since it's been so nice/hot outside. My DVD's (30DS, etc.) have also taken the backseat with the weather. I'd like to be more consistent about exercising outdoors. I have a strenuous job that leaves me tired and unlikely to intentionally schedule activity. I'm shooting for 3 bike rides a week, 2 run/hikes on the trail, and the occasional swim in the lake we live on.

E- I lost these same 20 lbs. a few years ago (before re-gaining them, obviously) by joining Weight Watchers. My schedule is really screwy now so I've decided to use my materials to do it on my own from home!

D- I'm going to count to 10 when I get anxious or distracted. There's a lot going on right now and my diet is one thing I CAN control- I must keep that control!
Petunia418 is offline   Reply With Quote