3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

G2009 We Gotta Work! Labor Day Challenge

Old 07-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #61

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!
I would like to join back in this challenge! I missed the July 4th challenge because my mom went into the hospital on Memorial Day and was there the whole week so I was not on the computer to join up. But I did manage to lose over 5 lbs in June. I'm setting my goal for this challenge at 6lbs, of course I would like to lose more but I want to set a goal I can actually achieve.
SW (Sunday): 180.4
CW: 179.4
GW: 174.4

I've been keeping up with your posts since this challenge started Sunday but just now gettting around to signing up. I am anxious to get back to where I was when the G2009 started at the beginning of the year which is around 170. At least I'm finally back in the 170s. DH has finally got super motivated to lose weight. He's went from 214.8 to 199.8. I think his ultimate goal is 185. He is feeling so much better, finally I've nagged him enough about soft drinks that after memorial day he went a month without it and since has only had it a couple of times. I'm proud of him and so happy because it is easier for me to lose weight if we are doing it together.

December Goal

One for every 5lbs lost:
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:02 PM   #62
Intuitive Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
#3. I seem to have "snack attacks" after in the evening between dinner and bed time.....what's up with that? I do so good all day and then ruin it right there at the end. Any tips for not noshing at night?
I was an evening snacker (most of my life) but since I have been watching my carbs I have found that I do not have the snack attacks you speak of anymore. The more carbs I eat, the more I want. I used to think it was in my head but thru lots of trial and error have realized that it is the food causing me to constantly crave. Perhaps eating a lower carb meal in the evening could help? (I try to have about 45 carbs per meal and 2 snacks at 30 carbs each, a day, for weight loss.)

Another suggestion is to grab a handful of almonds (or other nuts) if you're not allergic. They can help curb your appetite.

Good luck with whatever you find works for you!
Old 07-09-2009, 02:14 PM   #63
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Just checking back in, I've had a great on-plan week thus far, and have already dropped 5 lbs. (gotta love that first week loss).

As for late night snacking, I find that if I brush my teeth right after dinner (or a sanctioned evening snack), it helps remind me if I go into the kitchen prowling for snacks that I'm done eating for the day.

SW 280 CW 274.7 GW 260
Mini-goal #6 (25% lost):
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #64

S/C/G: 270/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
1. What if... no matter what, you drop everything and head to bed at 9? Maybe keep a book by the bed and give yourself a few minutes to read before heading off to sleep.

2. Set your alarm!!! I'm kinda not very good at this one myself. I get up when I wake up, but that's usually not later than 8.

3. Pre plan What if you set up your eating schedule to leave 150-200 calories for after dinner. Then have the snack that you're needing. --Here's where I ask, are you eating enough daily calories? If you aren't you may actually need a little more. (I would guess you would need an excess of 1600 calories daily right now, especially if you're exercising. I was eating 1800 calories until I got to about 230 lbs. Now I'm still eating 1500-1700 calories.)

Good luck Mel, we're cheering you on!
I think these are great ideas! Thank you....and I'm eating 1800 calories a day and leaving 600 for dinner which is usually a sensible dinner and a snack later...but then I just freak out and binge...

I think what Blue Serenity said makes some sense...I need to cut out some carbs.

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Serenity View Post
I was an evening snacker (most of my life) but since I have been watching my carbs I have found that I do not have the snack attacks you speak of anymore. The more carbs I eat, the more I want. I used to think it was in my head but thru lots of trial and error have realized that it is the food causing me to constantly crave. Perhaps eating a lower carb meal in the evening could help? (I try to have about 45 carbs per meal and 2 snacks at 30 carbs each, a day, for weight loss.)

Another suggestion is to grab a handful of almonds (or other nuts) if you're not allergic. They can help curb your appetite.

Good luck with whatever you find works for you!
I have heard alot about this. I think your right....even though I'm watching my portion sizes and calories I'm still eating the majority of my calories from carbs (bread/pasta/corn/chips/snack food/potatoes/etc.) I'm gonna have to cut some of them out....I'm thinking of doing a modifed Adkins type diet....

Well Girls...I have great news! I got a part time job today! YAY! I'm so excited. It is super flexible and only about 20 hours a week! I'm excited about the extra income and being able to get out of the house and some quite time a couple days a week!
Old 07-09-2009, 04:11 PM   #65
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I just finished 90 mins of exercise, so I've got 9 tags to hand out:

Melissa, Ruth, Shari, jenicra, blueserenity, Mayness, Jacque, fattopia, mrsaugie

Melissa- congrats on your new job. That's great that it will give you a little freedom and time outside the house. Your plan sounds great. I'm glad you're sorting through what works and doesn't work for you.

sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:22 PM   #66
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Already done working out today but will get at least an hour in tomorrow at boot camp....and I think I was tagged twice!!! So by 7am tomorrow, I will be taggin' again!!!

"When I changed my attitude, I changed my life!!

Lost 22 inches since May 1st 2009
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #67

S/C/G: 177/149/138

I jogged on the treadmill for 30 minutes tonight. I was going to skip today but I am going to be gone this weekend so I figured I would get way behind with the game if I didn't at least get today in. I tag:

Ruth135
Mayness
abbynormal

Melissa-Congrats on the part time job!

TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #68

I finished one tag earlier today on the treadmill. Tonight I'll tag...

Jasonslea
Terapet
Diary

Did great on my eating and water today but for some reason I feel bloated. I hope the scale moves in the right direction tomorrow.

December Goal

One for every 5lbs lost:
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 07:07 AM   #69

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Last night I got 2 tags worked off... I did the 30 Day Shred (level 2) then went for a run... well, it was half walking, because it was so warm out and I was already so tired!

So I'm tagging:

abbynormal278
sprklemajik
jenicra
Jacque9999
ruth135
kitten007799

TGIF everyone.
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:31 PM   #70
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

so how long is this game of tag going to last? i really do not care it is a good way for me to get back on track. i am loving it. so from what i can tell i have to more tags to work off. that will be done tonight.

welcome kitten an abbynormal good luck and i hope both of you have fun as well as the other new faces here that i may have missed.

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. ~ Vince Lombardi

mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #71
The Divine Mrs. C

S/C/G: 270/184.0/165

Height: 5'8

I would like to lose 10 lbs. I don't know how much i weigh, but I can post it tomorrow.

Trying like crazy not to fit into my genes.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:24 AM   #72
The Divine Mrs. C

S/C/G: 270/184.0/165

Height: 5'8

Im in at 261.5, so i'm aiming for 251.

Trying like crazy not to fit into my genes.
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 08:40 AM   #73

S/C/G: SW=226 CW=223 GW1=205 LTG=120

Height: 5'4"

Finished my tag with 40 mins. cardio yesterday. I tag Blue Serenity, jenicra, and ruth135.
kitten007799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 09:10 AM   #74
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

I think we'll have a week of tag at Wednesday. So Wednesday night we'll end the tagging and I'll start a new challenge on Thursday.

Dcapulet- Welcome!! We're glad to have you. Be sure to PM your weigh-in to JasonsLea on Sunday. It's our first weigh in for this challenge. We are currently playing a tag exercise game. You can play if you want, but you don't have to participate. (No one must participate in the Mini-challenges to play in the main challenge).

Well today I'm out with DH on the motorcycle all day. Hoping to make good choices. Everyone have a wonderful weekend and try and enjoy the sunshine and great weather.

Last edited by sprklemajik : 07-11-2009 at 09:13 AM.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #75
WorkingOut!

S/C/G: 217/180/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey guys! I got tagged by Ruth yesterday adn did 20 min cardio and then 30 min weights.

I tag Ruth back and whoever posts next!

diary is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.