Old 07-31-2009, 06:22 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Just wanted to say hi... I just got in from running and I'm about to take a shower.

We're moving this weekend, so I'll be pretty darn busy, but I'll weigh in on Sunday, and talk to you all some time next week! Good thing we're having the cable/internet hooked up tomorrow at the new place. I had to call months in advance to get the date I wanted - darn college towns!
mayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 06:46 PM   #182  

Height: 5'6"

I am going to try hard to stay on plan tomorrow. Yesterday I did very well and exercised alot but my weight was up a tiny bit today. Then today for lunch I ate chinese with my mother-in-law and daughter but I feel like I did pretty well and can still be in my calorie range if I am careful the rest of the day.
We got some great deals at the consignment shops today with their end of season clearance sales. We had fun.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #183  

Hi girls,
So last night I had a facial and pampered my feet. My feet feel really soft this morning.
Yesterday did lots of walking and swimming. We'll probably go swimming again today.
ruth135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #184  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

new month, new hope
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default Hello There!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
hey everyone! So...I have been MIA alot lately. Sorry! Since I have started the new job I'm all screwed up for some reason. I will adjust though.

Eny - I'm glad everything is going well with you and the baby. I can't believe you are so close to due date. I swear it seems like yesterday you were taking tests that were negative and hoping they were positive and upset cause it wasn't happening....and he is almost here!!!! Is Joe starting to get really excited??? And Hunter too???

Well.....my hubby and I booked a cruise in June for a vacation/graduation present so I have to get on track. I have about 10 months...and I was hoping to lose about 10 pounds a month...does 10 pounds a month sound realistic?
Mel - the new job is AWESOME - just remember that it's there to HELP your life - not hinder it!

I completely agree that this pregnancy HAS gone fast! Well except these last few weeks of contractions. UGH! The meds are helping, and they're less frequent by a long shot - but definately more intense! Also I'm measuring bug (surprise, surprise) and I go on Monday for another ultrasound to make sure that Landan isn't getting too big. If he is, then we might move up the induction date!

GOOD FOR YOU going on a cruise!!!! I know a vacation would be WONDERFUL! As for your goals - I have to agree with everyone else - #2.5 a week may be doable at first, but it would taper off. I honestly feel that maybe it would be more realistic to do #50 loss by Jan. That's a little over #1 a week. Sure you'll have weeks where you lose more - but just imagine how AWESOME you'll look and feel #50 lighter. Plus you won't have as much stress if you don't hit such a demanding goal. YOu have a TON going on right now, and pushing yourself that hard to lose so much SO fast would probably send you over the edge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcapulet View Post
I made my calories and exercise goal for today. Counting calories is more work than I thought... I don't really like it, but I feel that I need it. We'll see how it goes.
I felt the SAME way when I first started counting calories - but it really was the only thing that helped me stay on track. Now it's almost second nature - possibly because I'm lazy and don't eat a wide variety of foods. If it works for you GREAT - if not figuring out thing that will is why we're here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hey everyone! Eghhh......so I haven't been around much lately. Sorry. I'm here now...and determined to get on track. My husband and I are going on a cruise in January. It is booked for January 2nd through 6th....we are leaving on New Year's Day! I'm so excited. I have never seen the ocean, and both my husband and I really need a vacation. I'm determined to lose weight and feel confident during my vacation and not be thinking about how fat I am all the time.

So keep reminding me of my vacation if I start slacking off.....this is going to be a busy semester and I have no idea how I'm going to fit in time for work, school, exercise, and family....I'm going to have to be very disaplined and not let myself get behind. So I may need you ladies to kick my butt
CRUISE CRUISE CRUISE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
So for this week's challenge.... maybe everyone could pamper themselves and then post about it. It looks like a lot of us (myself included) are having a hard time really staying on plan. So I'm going to try and just take care of myself this week (maybe paint my nails and take a super long bath).

I had a nsv yesterday. I have a friend that's getting married at the end of Sept. so I went to Dillards and Belk and tried on cocktail dresses. If the dress had a little stretch in it I wore a 14!! And it looked pretty good, if the dress didn't have any stretch I wore a 16. The crazy amazing part of this for me is that this isn't in the Womens or plus size sections!! I cried in the dressing room, because I never expected them to fit. I tried on like 8 or 10 dresses and they pretty much all fit. I think I'm going to have a hard time choosing a dress because I liked so many of them (I've never had that problem before). It was insane! I also went and had a bra fitting because I've not had bras that actually fit properly since I started loosing weight.
That is an AWESOME NSV!!!! I know that my big one was when I could give my "fat clothes" to my mom! Then I got pregnant - but I digress! I'm SO happy for yoU!!!

Quote:
new month, new hope
GREAT ATTITUDE!! KEEP IT GOING!!! everyday you HAVE to commit to this or it DOES NOT WORK!!!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #186  
Bingo

Imagine my surprise... this morning, I weighed in at 254 lbs!!!! only 3 lbs left to my goal.
Old 08-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #187  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Imagine my surprise... this morning, I weighed in at 254 lbs!!!! only 3 lbs left to my goal.
Congrats!! Way to go!

Weigh in today for me 208.5, half lb loss this week. Well busy day ladies, just checking in. I start work in the morning so I'm rushing around getting ready for that.
sprklemajik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 02:54 PM   #188  
Bingo

Quote:
good idea terapet. i vow to be on plan all day tomorrow.

I took of the last two days. I really needed it. I felt bad, but actually now i feel better than ever.
this was my pampering for the week. challenge met.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:46 PM   #189  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

So I moved into the apartment yesterday. It was just me and Nessa, it was so hot, we were just pouring sweat! But I got moved in and Mrs. Allison gave me some money to put groceries in the fridge. I'm without internet/cable so I'll try to post at work when I can. I don't know when I'll get my internet, I really need to get a bed because sleeping on the floor is doing nothing for my bad hips! The apartment is chaos, I missplaced my scale so I couldn't WI this morning. >.<

No worries, everyone, I'm still going to do the number crunching!

I've got to get to work, guys. Have a great week, get those WIs to me tonight, and I'll post the results tomorrow afternoon!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 02:28 PM   #190  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Hi Ladies-I missed the weigh in so I guess I will have to keep track of my progress myself. No problem though. I have been busy getting my youngest ready to go to college in two weeks. I am so excited for her but afraid at the same time. The Walmart commercials are killing me! My oldest is getting ready to move out soon also. He is growing tired of mom's nagging. It can't be helped though. He needs nagging-big time! That only leaves one little bird in the nest.(the middle one). Such big changes ahead.

Shari-Glad to hear you are in your new place. Enjoy getting it all squared away.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #191  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Hi Ladies-I missed the weigh in so I guess I will have to keep track of my progress myself. No problem though. I have been busy getting my youngest ready to go to college in two weeks. I am so excited for her but afraid at the same time. The Walmart commercials are killing me! My oldest is getting ready to move out soon also. He is growing tired of mom's nagging. It can't be helped though. He needs nagging-big time! That only leaves one little bird in the nest.(the middle one). Such big changes ahead.

Shari-Glad to hear you are in your new place. Enjoy getting it all squared away.
I know how you feel, sort of. My oldest will be a Senior in college and my middle will be a freshmen. My baby will be a Jr in HS and just got his permit last week...YIKES!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 06:49 PM   #192  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

So apparantly, the VA will let me check my Gmail but not my google documents. Sorry guys, I'm off tomorrow and I need to go to library for books so I'll use the computer there and post the results.

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:50 PM   #193  

Jacque-A permit- I was lucky enough for that job to usually land squarely on my dear husband's wide shoulders. He is a much more patient person.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:51 AM   #194  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Jacque-A permit- I was lucky enough for that job to usually land squarely on my dear husband's wide shoulders. He is a much more patient person.
Since I have joint custody with my ex (week on..week off), I find it is only fair that we BOTH take the responsibility of teaching our kids to drive. They are really supposed to have at least 50 hours behind the wheel AND 6 months under their belt before going for the license. Having said that, my ex says he is always too busy to let them drive, since you really need to tack on an extra 10 minutes for every time they get in the car. We did errands for 2 hours yesterday...if I had done it alone, it would have taken me half the time. So consider yourself lucky that you don't have to deal with any of it.
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:54 AM   #195  

There is definitely a good side to "grown" offspring.( I use that term loosely) but we are done trying to teach driving. Unfortunately, we had not one but two cars totaled last year! One was very old (almost older than the kid) but the second was only 4 years old and I had just made the final payment!!!! Thank goodness no one was hurt though. Maybe my husband wasn't such a great instructor! Nah, we have absolutely horrendous traffic conditions in Atlanta so it really is not shocking.

The really good side is I do not have to taxi anyone anywhere so I am able to exercise after work. It really made a huge difference when that change took place.