Old 06-26-2009, 01:06 AM   #16  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I got the dress for Sunshine's wedding today! It's actually kinda cute. The picture on the website did not do it justice. But....it's a little tight around the boobies. I could live with it but BACK FAT! Sooo I'm going to try to find a little jacket to go with it that won't have me sweating buckets at the wedding. I'm off this weekend so it's gym and mall. I want to get a official bra fitting and order a strapless bra for the wedding.

I posted a blog the other day and this girl actually thanked me for posting a pic of Whitney from ANTM (I was saying that if I had to be fat, I wanted to at least be proportioned like her). It kinda made me happy because most of the girls on Xanga are dealing with eating disorders (or acting like they are), trying to lose weight the unhealthy way and always posting pics of horribly bony girls. When I post pics, I always post pics of girls I find very attractive and healthy looking. So this girl thanked me, saying that it was nice to see that she could still be pretty even while big.

I've watched Sleepy Hollow about eight times in the last three days. I don't know, I just keep rewinding it! Johnny Depp is walking sex. I also unpacked (yes, I still have alot of stuff packed!) some of my books and I started to reread a Harlequin book that I haven't read in a long time. It's actually one of the first romance books I've ever read, when I was 10. I think this book and some others helped start my fascination with cowboys. To this day, I still want my own cowboy, chaps and all. TMI, sorry.

Whoa, this is more than I've written in a long time! Gotta get to bed. 'Night!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:08 AM   #17  
Calorie Counter

Height: 5'4"

Good Friday morning everyone!

Hiya Shari!

I got up and went to the gym again, I ran for 20 then took my class! It was so good, I forgot what a good workout it is. I also got on the bike for 20 minutes after the class.

This weekends plans: Birthday party for Makenna at build a bear for the kids, Sunday a birthday party with the adults. I do have a date with DH tonight I still have to squeeze in some shortie workouts sometime

W 64 oz
E 40 minutes cardio/ 60 minute class
E 1400 cals
D mow the lawn, clean the house,

Last edited by jcatron243; 06-26-2009 at 10:13 AM.
jcatron243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:21 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

Look up, way up. yep, managed to put on #2; that puts me back up to the #170 range. I hate it, feel disgusted, and discouraged because I eat pretty healthy and exercise. Just about ready to give up- can't bear another round of counting points.
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 10:26 AM   #19  
Calorie Counter

Grazer, dont give up! You just need to readjust something to get your body back on track. Go back to the basics

1. Water: Make sure you are getting enough water. Do you drink soda? Try giving it up for 7 days and see if that makes a difference. (any carbonation makes me bloat and therefore hold onto a couple extra pounds)

2. Exercise: Do you do the same workouts? Mixing it up a little helps a lot.

3. Eats: This one is the hardest. Really the key to losing weight is calories in versus calories out. We all have been at it long enough to know that. When people ask me how I have done it I tell them: Keep a food journal, right down every bite you take for a week then try to figure out the calories. If you average your calories for the whole week then you can see where you should cut back to. (you need to cut back or burn 500 calories a day to lose a pound a week)

Daily Goal/Affirmation: YOU CAN DO IT! It is difficult especially with kids, but you can do it. You need to remind yourself everyday why you want to lose weight.

We all know that we want to be smaller and we all have different reasons for that. We ALL think that healthy = skinny. So we have a scale goal that we want to strive for. What is healthy? Is healthy running 10 miles a day? Bench pressing your body weight? Or is it as simple as keeping your blood sugar under control, lowering your blood pressure or cholestorol?

It is so important for us to remind ourselves that the scale does not determine our health. We want to keep a healthy level of calories in/calories out. We should eat less saturated fat, more fruits and veggies. Basically living a healthy lifestyle everyday of our lives. Not for the scale, not to hit that magic number, but for ourselves.

Grazer, You are worth it. Dont ever give up. It is hard to stay motivated when the scale is going the wrong way, belive me I know how you feel. Find a way to push past this frustration.
Old 06-27-2009, 12:03 PM   #20  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

Jeni- Thanks for being our cheerleader today. We can all use the boost. It gets tough at times, we just need to stay focused.

Shari- I am soooo with you on the cowboy thing. I would take a nice young cowboy anyday. Do you read like Joan Johnston, Diana Palmer and all those?

I have a goal. I want to be able to say I have lost 75 pounds when we go back to school in Sept. That means I need to lose about 9 pounds before then. I don't know if I will make it, but I am going to give it 100%. I am at 186 today, up a little, but It is also about a week before TOM. This seems to be my new gain time.

I plan on staying true to my plan, continue working out and giving it my all.

This challenge is almost over. I'll have to look back and see how much I actually lost this time. Like Jeni- I am finding muscles and definition. YAY!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

JCAt- Thanks for the boost! Hate the thoughts of going back to journalling but may have to reconsider

MTig- Cheers to the great goal!

DH is away this weekend. Thankfully, the kids are super good. Not time to exercise and the up side is no time to eat either!
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #22  
Calorie Counter

Grazer, I know about hating the journal, I am picking up a new one today. Mostly to keep measurements/weights in, but my cycle weight gain is different right now and it is driving me crazy. I need to see a pattern.

Mindy, that is so awsome of a goal. I know you can totally do it, you are amazing. Even with all of the frustration you still push through every day!

Where is everyone at?

To go along with what I was saying earlier, I am picking up a new journal. I want to keep a closer eye on my measurements and scale fluctuations. I used to know my body and the fluctuations but they are changing. I am also going to be Packing a lunch on my days off. Only eating what is in my lunch box and seeing if that helps me keep my cals under control on my days off. I don't do too bad, but I think it may help.

Maks birthday party was at build-a-bear workshop yesterday. It was so much fun. I loved the whole thing. We had 8 kids with us then we made two more for a couple kids who weren't there. Today we are having cake and ice cream with DH's family.

Alright today:

W 64 oz
E long walk with the family
E 1400 cals
D Life doesn't revolve around food. Life depends on food. eat only what I need.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #23  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Wink

I know that I need to have goals. I may not reach them, but it gives me something to strive towards. I try to keep up my journaling everyday. I have been a little lax these past few weeks. Hey, I'm on summer vacation, what do you expect.

For this challenge I have lost 5 pounds. Not that great, but something. I didn't lose anything in May. I still don't understand that. Well, I will have to be eating out or bringing take out in until Wed. That's when we get the new fridge. I am going to try and maintain with this little set back, plus TOM in a week.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 02:18 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Hey all, I am back, with bells on. Need your support to get my groove on.

YS is now a high school graduate!! Weird. I have been there the whole time, home room mother etc, seems strange to know that part of it is over, but on to the next part. I am ready to be serious again.

Don't have to get anyone up and moving in the am 'cept me, so I am going to find 40 minutes for exercise before work, 5 days a week. Running 3 days a week when weather is good, videos, dreadmill & elliptical when it is not. Must learn to like weights 3 days a week (hate weights, but have to do it) On the weekends, I am going to dig out the kayak & either 'yak or hike. Trying to get back into it.

By labor day (10 weeks from tomorrow) I will be back to 130 something, by Christmas, when my kids come back, I will be in the 120's, then from there, I can decide whether that is enough, or I need to lose more. Hopefully, will just need more tone at that time.

W 100, need to get this down today
E & E Probably not too focused there today, I am exhausted
D I need to remember that a day of rest is necessary if i am to hit the ground running tomorrow, so, so tired after all of this.

Last edited by mothermavis; 06-28-2009 at 02:18 PM.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:32 PM   #25  
Calorie Counter

MM~glad you are here. I am having a tough enough time with Makenna turning 6. I am way too weepy of a mom. Graduation is going to kill me
Old 06-28-2009, 11:33 PM   #26  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

I hope you all had a good weekend. I was off so you know mines was fantastic!

Jeni ~ How did the birthday party go?

Grazer ~ :hugs: I hate journaling too. I just use SP.

Mindy ~ Diana Palmer is who started this obsession!!! Part one of getting my own Long Tall Texan plan...move to Texas. Check!

MM ~ Congrats for the graduate. Is this the first or last one?

I did lots of walking yesterday....around the mall. That was a moment in history folks! I despise the mall. Crowds of people surrounding me.....most of them teenagers....*shudders* This was actually my second time going to the mall since I've moved to Texas.....the second time in almost two years! If it wasn't for Sunshine's wedding, I wouldn't have put myself through it. But I was looking for bra, shaper, something to help my tatas fit more comfortably in that dress. I browsed around DebPlus, Torrid, and Lane Bryant. Tried on some things and remembered why I hate clothes shopping. I hope that gets easier as I lose the weight.

Speaking of weight, I decided to move my WIs to Sunday and today was the first. It was horrible but I accept it. Though I have slowly amped up my movement, I still need to rein in the eating. Today was a good day, my cal intake was too low but at least I didn't binge. I really want a bike so I can hop on at night when it's not killer outside. I have to pay rent, then I'll see what I have left.

Work tomorrow, feeling ill already.

So I guess our next challenge will be a Labor Day one?

Peace, loves.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 07:30 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

Sherri, this was my baby. Strange, sad & happy at the same time. Kind of like that song, "You're gonna miss this"

Jeni, I am a weepy Mom too, but YS is a goof ball. He and OS were making faces at each other and generally making me laugh. We had all his friends over Friday night for a party after the ceremony. We rented a bouncy house, they had a blast with that. Then Saturday, we had his real party. I had a melt down Saturday, but I think now I am ok til he goes to college in August.

On a bad note, I stepped on the scale this morning. I am up 10 pounds since april. Most of it in the last week! Sure most of it will come off fast with water and movement but still, I was not happy when I looked at 159.
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 09:43 AM   #28  
Calorie Counter

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...70#post2804670