Old 06-12-2009, 10:53 AM   #1  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Weight Loss Buddies II

Well they closed our last one so here we go again!
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Tifftiff - thanks for getting us going again!

I'm going to repost my last post from just before the thread closed:

Neesy - Good for you for maintaining! Seriously - any month that goes by when the scale doesn't inch back up is an accomplishment! Sorry you're not feeling wildly energetic though - maybe you needed this break. I've definitely read a lot of stories by successful losers where they took a couple of months of, maintained and then came back with a vengeance and lost the rest. When you were at the peak of your motivation losing those first 34lbs(!!!!), what was the source of your drive? Did you have a particular scenario in mind (looking great at a school reunion/family event etc.)? Or just being healthier?

WeightIwanttobe - Hi there! Sounds like you have a good routine down - what kind of protein powder are you using in your drinks? I've tried a few different things but haven't loved any of them. As far as running, if you don't have knee, hip or ankle issues, I'd highly recommend it! There's a major runner's high that I can't seem to get from any other activity. Lots of people rave about the couch to 5k program so I'm sure that's a good one but I haven't used it myself. My little bit of advice would be if you're starting out, pick somewhere safe and pleasant to run where you don't have to worry about cars or bikes (maybe a local park?) and alternate jogging and walking at reasonable intervals depending on your comfort level (maybe 2 min jog, 2 min walk or whatever feels do-able) and keep tweaking your pattern over a period of weeks until you're jogging for your target amount of time. I think the key is to run slower than you might expect - you can maintain that for much longer. Curious to hear if you decide to try it out - come back and tell us all about it!

Rest day for me - may walk some stairs at the office if I get bored. Happy Friday, all!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:05 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

Hey you guys. I had a feeling they were going to close that down soon. I found you =) Thanks for starting a new thread tiff.

dancer- you really made me think. I was super motivated when I lost the 34lbs earlier this year. My goal was to be 199 by my birthday which was march 28th. Which was unrealistic at the time. I think I got down after not meeting my goal. Maybe I'm afraid to set goals now in fear of not making them. But nonetheless.. I will set goals and not be upset if I dont' meet them... atleast not to the point of quitting.
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:27 PM   #4  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Default Old Group - New Forum - ALL ABOARD

Hey chickadees!

I hope everyone made it here. Jump right in.

**This thread will only make sense if you belonged to our old forum. It got closed.**
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #5  

Man...it is a pain to open a new thread and notify everyone. Next time we approach 500 messages, we need to just make sure we start a new thread automatically and post it where everyone can see it before we get flagged. Anyway, hope you all made it. I even sent it to the slackers who havent been posted (just ruffling your feather, I know everyone's busy).

Anyway, quick post and then I have to go. Well, I did it girls...I made it to 190 (technically 189.5), I got to 30 pounds before vaca and I am VERY happy about that. I will touch base while on vacation (hopefully), until then...take care!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:00 PM   #6  

Neesy - I definitely recognize that cycle! The 'need to get 100% results in a pretty big hurry' type of thinking. And I'm more than familiar with the getting discouraged when miracles don't exactly happen on schedule. Very curious to hear how it goes with getting psyched up and motivated!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:05 PM   #7  

Tifftiff started the Weight Loss Buddies II thread a bit earlier - nice to know you ladies are all over this stuff! Which do you guys want to consider the 'real' new thread? I'm fine with whatever : )
Old 06-12-2009, 07:07 PM   #8  

I emailed everyone, I dont think she did because I didnt know about it. Why dont we stick with mine? What is everyone elses thoughts?
Old 06-12-2009, 07:21 PM   #9  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I merged the two threads so no one will get confused.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:46 PM   #10  

Thanks Mandalinn!
Old 06-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #11  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

Hey now, i can only do so much on my phone. I can't be pm'ing everyone fromm that tiny little screen! LMAO! Just messin with ya Lindy. No actually, what it really was, I sent a message to everyone but you Lindy, cause I don't like you To take a line from you...I kid, I kid... BTW, Love the new pic! AAAAAAAND...CONGRATS ON THE 180'S!!!! I'm totally giving you credit for the 180's cause I got credit for twoterville at 298.8...so yeah.

I'm off to watch a movie, so I'll talk to ya'll later.

PS..still at 295.6, so the "water weight" isn't departing...
TiffTiff1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 08:29 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Yey, I lost a lb this week so dow to 181, thats 25lbs gone, I am so happy.

Just a quick post to share that at the mo will be back later on, going to look at new mini's woohoo

Hey lindy thats a really nice photo you got there, you look so pretty

Last edited by Koshinogi; 06-13-2009 at 08:44 AM.
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:19 AM   #13  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

First of all, I kept forgetting to thank you all for my b-day greetings a couple of weeks ago...Thank You!

Wow, i have been gone for a LONG time -so prepare for a LONG post. Thanks for missing me, I've missed all of you and I don't ever plan on leaving the group. Things have been very difficult since I was here last. This week, the did more layoffs and 1 of those people is a good friend in MY department. They have gotten rid of product that tanked, that is where the layoffs come from. So anyway, some of us took her out that night and got her drunk. Her and I got drunk the night before cause of work stress, so I've been tired and recovering from the 2 nights in a row...I can't do it anymore so it's official-I'm old! HaHa! On top of that, I got my first paycheck with a cut....ouch! Just as I thought. So I have to tighten the belt some more. I LITERALLY have to count every penny now. So healthy eating...yeah, this will be a challenge. Looks like I will be eating homemade soup most times so I can cut costs. I will probably have to look for a part-time job, if I can find one. Ugh-I don't have enough time to myself as it is. I've also been helping my mom and it's taking a lot of my time and patience. She just doesn't get what's going on-or rather she refuses to. It's her way and she's always right, so this is why we fight alot.

So between these two issues, I've been very depressed, tired, eating like crap, smoking again and absolutely no exercise. What the **** am I doing to myself?! I know the smoking and eating carbs and fatty foods temporarily induce endorphins and that's what I've done my whole life to try and 'be happy' and feel good. I know it's the wrong way and damages my body in the long run. But lately, it's just been easier and easy is what I need right now. I've had stress for a year now and I'm continually looking for a break, a long break, but I can't find it.

So that's where I stand and why I haven't been here. I just couldn't face you guys with the way I've been behaving. It is time, once again, to suck it up and face this challenge along with all my others. My weight has been fluctuating within 6 lbs. and today I am at the high end of that weight. I went to the grocery yesterday and got healthy foods (and a couple of bad ones so that when I cave in, it's not as bad as eating out-which I can't afford anyway).

I've 'adjusted' my ticker-UGH! I can still hit my 1st 3 month goal, but I gotta kick into gear. I signed up for one of those online calorie/nutrition sites, but don't remember which. I'm gonna check out a few and see which I like best. I would like something like CalorieKing, but without the monthly fee. I like how it gives you a pie chart breaking down your nutrition (protein, fat, carbs, etc). I just want to be able to log on, enter what I've eaten (and it keep my frequent foods listed to choose from), analyze it and get out. Quick, easy and free. If anyone can suggest something, I would appreciate it.

Neesy - Retaking your wedding photos with you dad is a really neat goal. I love it! I think Dancer may be onto something. You may just need a break and time to concentrate on strengthening your relationship with your husband before he leaves.

Tiff - You're wasting away! HaHa! Wow, you are doing awesome, I am sooo happy to see you losing it. And it looks like you are handling your stress the right way-exercise. And you're running, holy (use whatever word you want here, there are so many!)...that is incredible. I go MIA and you go running! I'm sure you are holding water, there is NO way you gained that back in a week. LMAO at kidding Nicole.

Nicole - You got a two piece bathing suit, woo hoo-Go girl! And you have your blond hair now, nice! You look soooo different, and sunny (like your personality). Hope it works out with your cousin (?) rooming with you. Looks like your eat good/eat bad battle is back. Maybe you can look back through the posts to see how you got control of it last time? And maybe find out what was triggering the good/bad eating. I know you'll figure it out. And I'm not ruffled, hehe! Great job on hitting your vacation goal!

Burgundy - I didn't see where you said how your sis was doing, but from comments, it looks like she is doing well. Happy to hear it. I'm not sure when you get back from vacation, or if you're already back. Let us know how it was-I have to live vicariously through all of you that can actually go somewhere! LOL!

Koshinogi - I don't know if I said welcome...so welcome! Neat to have someone across the 'pond', lol! Grilled chicken is great and you can do different spices for all kinds of results. If you like to cook and try new things, I recommend you check out allrecipes.com. You can find anything and all with reviews, suggestions, nutrition analysis and you can create an online recipe box for free.

Dancerindenver - Welcome! Beware, Lindy (Nicole) will work your butt! HaHa! J/K, but she does kick it in when she goes to the gym, if only she could bottle that for the rest of us!

Sandy - I hope you had the best time possible while your daughter was in. And you've lost 2 more since I've been here, congrats!

WeightIWantToBe - Welcome! 40 lbs is great, even if it was a while back. From your ticker it looks like you kept it off and that is great!
take a deep breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 10:19 AM   #14  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

quickie, just checked out fitday and sold on it! can anyone who uses this tell me if i can enter percentage goals for fat, carbs and protein or how that would translate into grams?

thanks!
take a deep breath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #15  

Kelly - you take the good, you take the bad (wait a gosh darn minute...isn't that a song?! Lol). Anyway, there is so much going on right now, your weight will fluctuate. As far as giving up or lessening healthy eating because of your budget. Can you cook in bulk? The soup idea is fantastic, I do that for convenience alone. Do you have a farmers market near by? I buy all my fruits and veggies for the week with $10 each week and then divide them into prepackaged portions. Anyway, you'll get there in due time. I can't update my ticker because I'm writing this from my phone and have major issues changing things but I was at 189 this morning. Today was a bad start to my vaca, we wnt to Cracker Barrell for breakfast and I had a king size unhealthy breakfast with eggs, country fried steak with gravy, hashbrowns casserole, biscuits and gravy, then I had two sugar loaded oatmeal cookies and a mini milky way! Ahhhhhh! When we stop at the hotel tonight I am going to try to get some laps in at the pool.

Tiff - you are so funny! Thanks for taking care of moving our forum.

Ill check in later.