Old 06-26-2009, 09:13 PM   #61  
aka Vicky

S/C/G: 275/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8"

I'm good for having a weigh in day. I'm doing it every day (again) which I don't know is good or bad. What can ya do? But, just let me know what day is decided, and I'm there. Sat or Sun would be best for me.

Went to the trainer tonight and she kicked my a$$. She really is going in depth with everything (Lindy, not sure if you had the same experience). She created a resistance training routine for me, as well as giving me "homework" of workouts to do on my own since I have an eliptical machine at home. My body is feeling it already, and I know I'm going to be sore tomorrow. But, I have homework...somehow I have to manage to be on my eliptical machine for 45 minutes tomorrow. She did say that it's better to do cardio in the morning because it raises your heartrate and you burn more calories during the day. So, I think I'm going to try that and do resistance training at night. But, here's the schedule she gave me:

Tonight: Worked resistance on arms, legs, butt, basically all over.
Saturday: 45 min on eliptical
Sunday: off
Monday: either cardio for 45 min or resistance training for 60
Tuesday: whichever I didn't do Monday, I do today
Wed: off
Thursday: Meet with trainer again where she will "increase the workout" to get me burning some fat. She said she was going to make me sweat...but I was sweating tonight!! LOL

So, I will be quite busy. As I get tips from her, I'll be sure to pass it on. She is going to work with me as far as what I'm eating as well, so in the end, I think the money I'm spending is worth it. I have to think of it as a good investment in myself. I have noticed since eating better that my clothes are getting looser, so at least I see a difference that way.

Lindy: Glad you're feeling better...I've had food poisoning, not fun at all. Luckily it tends to pass rather quickly. Sorry for the rough patch you are goin though, but sometimes, you have to do what you feel is right, and if he's not supporting you, there's something wrong with him.

Have a good night all!
MaddiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 08:48 PM   #62  
aka Vicky

Wow...this is a first, I'm on here but haven't heard from anyone today. Hope you are all doing well.

I'm excited, I wanted to weigh under 250 today and I woke up and weighed myself and I was 250.6. I was disappointed but I decided to get over it and do the cardio that my trainer gave me for "homework." I weighed myself after, and I was 249.2!! That's right, I met my goal. Now I am super excited (and a bit sore from yesterday) and I'm rearing to keep this going. I can't believe I'm under 250 now.

Thank you all for your support over these past few months...it has really helped me!!!!
Old 06-28-2009, 01:08 AM   #63  
Brown Eyed Staccie

S/C/G: Way too much to "Just Right"

Height: 5 feet 6 inches

Hi everyone - I haven't logged in for a long time. I haven't done much for a long time. If anyone here has ever hit rock bottom - you will know what I feel like right now. It's related more to my career but the effects of it are disastrious on my body, mind and everything else. I took some time off work to help me calm down and work through things. Not sleeping, not eating, not taking care of anything. It's been pretty bad few weeks. I cried lots these past few days and know that if I don't make some immediate changes, I am going to lose everything. So, I am trying to do that. I wish that I could find the strength I know I have somewhere in there...I hope everyone is well.
Brown Eyed Staccie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:10 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quick post from my friend's house in Vermont - Hey girls! I'll be back in the swing of things again after tomorrow but wanted to say hi. Apologies if I miss anyone.
Lindy - weigh-in day would be good - you pick the day.
Maddiesmom - way to go on the workout! That's great! Major congrats for the new milestone - you are on a roll!!
Staccie - So sorry times are tough - work and financial stress are so hard to deal with. Take the time you need to get your head clear and things sorted out as much as possible, then you can jump back into your plan later. Keep us posted on how things are going - we're all rooting for you!

I'm sticking as closely to plan as I can, exercising daily (5hr hike today!! I'm seriously worn out...) and hoping the scale doesn't go up when I get back home tomorrow night.

Take care, all!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 06:15 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 241/See Ticker/141

I really need some accountability. I think a weigh in day for all of us would be great. If we can all decide on a day, then come on here to put our weights.
It will be like our own weight watchers program=)
Neesy_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:14 PM   #66  

S/C/G: See signature

Height: 5'5

Hey girls! Yay, Im so excited that everyone is game on a weigh in day. Even if someone is busy, just log on for 2 seconds on SUNDAY to record your weight, wether you gain or lose!!!

WEIGHT IN DAY IS SUNDAY!!! So starting next Sunday, you MUST weigh in and if you are a daily weigher...dont post till Sunday. I want to make sure everyone gets the proper kudos they deserve or a swift butt kicking for any gainers.

That being said...I am down to 189, which means I lost 4 pounds from last week week when I weighed in. I have a feeling that I might see some big weight loss because John moved out this weekend and there are a lot of tears and stress going with it. I have NO appetite, my stomach is in knots. Oh well, it will pass in time...I know this.

Stacie - I am so sorry to hear that things are so stressful for you right now. Is there anyway you can stick with a routine of AT LEAST yoga? No diet or exercise (cardio) 0 just yoga? I think that will at least help you relax. Awww...I wish I could give you a big hug. Keep your head up. If you want to vent, we are here for you, heck - if you want to send me a private message - PLEASE DO!

Ill check in tomorrow girls - I have to take a shower and call it a night.
luckylindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #67  
Brown Eyed Staccie

I like the idea of a weekly weigh in - good accountability. Thanks for the well wishes. I didn't have a great day today but my head is fitting on a bit tighter so the little victories are always good!

Looking forward to a much better week....
Old 06-29-2009, 09:37 AM   #68  

Hey ladies - I am SOOOOOO tired today. I dont know why, I went to bed at a reasonable time and got 7 hours of sleep. Last night I slept by myself for the first time, Gab had a sleep over at her cousins house, so it was just me. Needless to say, it was rough. A lot of tears were shed, but Im better today. The one thing that sucks is, I definately dont feel like Im going through depression, I really dont, BUT - Im just not in the mood to talk to anyone, especially my mom. I talk to my mom several times a day but in the past few weeks, everytime she calls, I cut her short or dont answer at all and I really dont have an answer for it. Its weird. Today she confronted me on it and I told her "I really dont know why Im acting like this", of course her answer is that this was my decision and my husband would get back with me in 2 sconds flat if I wanted to so why put myself through it but the thing is...Im not THAT distraught. No, its not easy but I really dont think this whole situation is why I feel like this, I dont know. Coincidental, yes...so confused. Sorry for the rant, no reason to comment, dont bother, I just felt like getting that out.

Anyway, how was everyones weekend? Is anyone concerned with the 4th of July weekend? Im not really because we never do a BBQ or anything special. Ill check in later. So sleepy today.
Old 06-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #69  

Chickadees...really? Im the last one to post since this morning...slackers! I know its summer and all and we are all enjoying our time but how else are we going to see the the scale go down?! Come on...we CAN do this.

I have more pep in my step than earlier but still not 100%. When I get home from work, Gab will be there and it is my sole mission to keep her entertained until bed time to keep her mind off the separation, so her's to me being wiped out later today.

Have a good night ladies...hopefully Ill see some posts tomorrow.

Last edited by luckylindy; 06-29-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:17 PM   #70  
aka Vicky

Staccie, sorry things are rough for you right now. I would see if you can still do some small things for yourself to make you feel better. I'm the last person who really wants to go and work out, but dragging myself out and doing it makes me feel better afterwards.

Lindy: sorry things are tough at home. Things will take time to simmer down and you can concentrate on yourself and your daughter. If you are happier, she will be happier, no matter who she's living with at the time.

Dancer: a 5 mile hike?!? WOW!! There's no way I have the stamina for that! Congrats to you on that!

I was supposed to go and work out tonight, but it's my hubby's birthday and I couldn't leave him home on his birthday, but don't fret...I will be going tomorrow and Wednesday, then the trainer on Thursday. So, I took 2 days off in a row instead of spreading them out...I'm sure it will be a mistake I will never make again after Missy (my trainer) works my butt off again on Thursday night.

I am really glad that I am going. I know that I'm losing pounds, but I'm also losing inches. My clothes are feeling looser, and that's a good feeling. I saw a friend yesterday who hasn't seen me in at least 6 months and she noticed as well. It's a good feeling.

I went out for lunch today with a new employee and I was proud of myself. She picked the restaurant (a Greek restaurant) and I had grilled calimari with a spinach/rice mixture (mostly spinach). Plus she ordered flaming cheese, which I didn't want due to my diet, but I did eat a little so she didn't feel akward eating it herself. Then I didn't have a snack after lunch because I was full, and I had a super small dinner. I've been really good today considering.

Breakfast: light yogurt, 1/2 cup blueberries. Midmorning snack: 1/2 cup strawberries. Not too shabby.

Hope you are all doing well. I will try and post daily, but with the evening work outs, I'm not home until 9:30 and I am up at 5:45 every morning. Yikes! They watch internet pretty closely at work so I can't log on during the day.

Good night
Old 06-29-2009, 10:04 PM   #71  
Brown Eyed Staccie

Quiet forum today Had a good day - I think I suffered a food hangover this morning (if that is possible) and I know this week will be tough with cleaning out all the preservatives and stuff. But I celebrated small successes today - I got out of bed, went for a very long walk, got some fruit, some sun and a new book. I have not consumed anything bad and the thought of bad food makes me feel sick. I am sure that will disappear once the food hangover is over...but my body feels like it's trying to purge

Vicky - good on the clothes I love that feeling and thanks for the well wishes.
Lindy - you look wonderful in your profile pic...love the blond. Sounds like you are pretty well aware of things...and that's half the battle (or so I would think!).

I was actually supposed to go to Vegas these past two days and I decided not to - I need to sort through things. I kind of wish I would have went just to get that hot sun

I'm pretty sure I am suffering from depression again. Time to deal with it!
Old 06-30-2009, 12:51 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi girls, its been a few days since I posted. Thought I would catch up with everyone before bed.

Maddiesmom-Good job sticking with the gym, I am so jealous of all of you that can go to a gym. There isnt one open in this small town I live in this time of year. Congrats for being under 250.

Staccie-hope things start looking up for you. Just take sometime for yourself and get back in the game when you are feeling better.

Dancer-5 hour hike, wow. That would be so much fun.

Neesy-I need the accountability too. I still havent lost the extra pounds from vacation.

Lindy-4 lbs in a week, you rock. I need to up my workouts so i can see better results. I have been lazy this week and I need to get over that.

I have been busy trying to get my house in order and cleaning the yard. My grass is getting so tall, but I cant mow because of the rain. Its gonna rain all week. I want to go on my walks, but I would be soaked by the time I get home. My sister, mom and neice are coming up from Alabama in about a week and a half, so getting the spare bedroom cleaned. I am so excited, I know I just left from there but I love spending time with them. I am trying to convince my husband to move down there sometime in the future. I hope he gives in soon. I am tired of living in a retirement town. I am only 27.

No plans yets for the 4th. I am sure someone will have a BBQ, but with this family its always last minute planning. My birthday is coming up on the 10th, that is when my family is leaving to come up here. They probably wont make it here til the 11th though. But it will be nice to have them here to party. Just wish my twin wasnt half way around the globe.

Ok, I am just rambling now. This post has almost nothing to do with weightloss but oh well. Goodnight girls
burgundyrayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:41 AM   #73  

Burgundy - lol, thats ok that your post was not about weight loss. Believe it or not, I enjoy reading personal stories too. I completely forgot to ask you, did your family comment on your weight loss when you went there? Mine didnt! I mean, my Uncle who was here in January did but they actually were a little discouraging, oh well - I will have the last laugh this winter when I take another trip there and will be at my goal weight. Ha!

Stacie - I agree. It sounds like you very well may be depressed and I can SO relate. You have a lot of your plate and legitimately so...your going to be stressed and stress does cause depression. Coulda...shoula...woulda...I agree again - you should have gone on your trip but since you didnt, why dont you do a spa day by yourself. Are you still exercising? I noticed that once I was 2 months into my exercise routine, I finally lost all signs of depression, my trainer said it had something to do with my endorphines. Anyway...sorry for babbling, Im just trying to make some suggestions being that I have been there and to an extreme level (I will share with you guys one day). I hope things get better..keep your head up.

Vicky - since you are rocking and rolling...are you up for our challenge again? Starting today and going to the end of July? Im game if you are. Its too hard to make it to the gym every day...besides, your trainer WILL make up for it on Thursday. Anyway, glad to hear things are looking up for you. Also, good job at the greek restaurant. God..I LOVE greek food.....:drooling: I am especially fond of pita bread with hummus, I can eat buckets of that stuff.

Well, Im feeling pretty good today. Today is a good day and thats how I am going to try to look at things. My daughter is REALLY struggling with her dad not being there so I need to keep things on the up and up for her. I am convinced that I am going to be the Mariokart Champ after all is said and done because thats what she wants to do ALL THE TIME, lol. I am buying her a scooter for her birthday so Im hoping she can start coming with me for walks (that will help her keep up). Anyway, Ill check in later.
Old 06-30-2009, 12:48 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Howdy, ladies!
Lindy - way to be there for your daughter - sounds like you are really putting her needs first in this tough time. It's tough on you though too - that's probably why you were so exhausted the other day. Emotional stress is really draining - don't know what recharges your batteries but if you can sneak that in occasionally (bubble bath, pedicure, massage?), it might help a little.

Burgundy - I hear you on the rain issues! It rained most of the time this past weekend and my running clothes were soaked to the skin each time when I got back. Makes it a little hard to get motivated : )

Staccie - sounds like you created the best day possible yesterday - when you're feeling low, that's so hard to do. Hope things are moving in the right direction for you. Hugs!!

Maddiesmom - you are just cranking on this new workout plan - that's awesome. And so much progress on your weight loss - you must be feeling great!!

On my front, no gain from my 4 days away at least but no loss either. My legs are still sore from the hiking marathon on Sunday so maybe I'm retaining a little water (fingers crossed). No really exciting plans for the 4th - just another hike and probably grilling in the backyard.
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 03:55 PM   #75  

Dance- yay to no weight gain! That really is a challenge, as you can see from my previous post and recent vaca. Anyway - kudos!

Quick update from me...

I did really well food wise. Oatmeal for breakfast, raspberries for snack, cranberry juice, chicken for lunch (with buffalo sauce), cucumbers for snack, fiber one bar for snack and I think fish for dinner. OH - I did have 5 staburst too. - oh well, I still did good calorie wise.

Have a good night ladies, Ill talk to you later.