Old 06-09-2009, 04:43 PM   #31  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok, time for personals now:

Delphi: I love the morning you! You just crack me up

Lewis: Good luck..You can beat those cravings over the head! I will lend you my lightsaber (I really have one )

susie

AtlGirl: What Delphi said. And.... step away from those chilli dogs!

CMo4: The Active definitely has a lot of lower body exercise (lots and lots of lunges and squats). Glad to hear you got the all clear from the doctor. And I hear ya on getting your day backwards, if i don't get my WO in the AM chances are I won't, I am so proud of you for doing it even with all the distractions! OMG! at first I thought you'd just decided DH was getting a vasectomy all by yourself. Glad to hear he's on board with it, sounds like a really nice guy!

Wifey: Hey girl! good luck with the exam! hope to see you around soon

Jacqui: I missed you yesterday! sounds like you had a really busy day. But so glad you managed to eat through it all

Ms. P.:
I know how you feel. But you are right, the best time to stop those sliding moments is to catch them at the beginning and that's what you are doing!

Ang: Hi! did you do your stair climbing yet?

Glutio: I left you a message on the other thread. Just wanted to make sure you're stretching after your workout and drinking lots of water. It is no cure for soreness but it helps!

LaurenA: That's the right attitude!

Blondie: That is great news, WTG on your loss!

FSA: Ohhh boots! That sounds like a great incentive.
I have not been able to wear boots ever in my life because my calves are too big. Maybe I will be able to get some this fall
Did you get movin' yet?
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Crazymama - you're too much . I thought about doing the same thing to my hubby. When TOM is here, I do the "snip, snip" motion to my hubby just to scare him. When should it always be us women who have to suffer?

Anyways......... I have to go and wrap things up. If I have time later, I'll check back. If not, then you all have a wonderful evening and I'll catch all of you fab ladies manana

Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #33  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

crazymama, I am the QUEEN of the measurement lecture! I took measurements the day I started WW, and I realized that I had lost 30 inches overall in the 2 months before that! And to think, I actually thought Southwest had bigger seats on the plane than United! My inches change since then, though has only been 2. Overall. Mostly from the arms. Woot.

Newshinyme, I am stretching after workouts and throughout the day when I can sneak a minute where noone's watching. I like to do some sun salutations and side bends when I'm microwaving my lunch every day, too. I know I'm not getting enough water these days, but I'm slowly stepping it up every day. The soreness isn't so much of a complaint as it is a comment. I actually kind of like it, like a reminder that I am out there putting myself into this effort.

Ya'll, I am so not feeling this day. I was mostly ok this morning, but the more time the passes, the more off I feel. I don't know if it's connected to yesterday or what, but I AM EXHAUSTED! I may be getting sick or maybe my body is just demanding more rest. I have made an executive decision to go home and take a nap even though I've spent the last 3 hours feeling guilty about the gym. I keep reminding myself there's still the opportunity to walk around the neighborhood or at least do some more stretches and things later tonight. It is not a loss to listen to yourself when you need a little break.

Plus, I already got in SOME exercise today, right??
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 05:29 PM   #34  
Mz. Matherne

S/C/G: 285/275/150

Happy Tuesday ya'll! Thursday is my weigh in day and so far I'm down a couple of pounds, hopefully I can lose a few more.
dandk0204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #35  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

It's been very busy here today...as I have been with work, running around and taking my daughter to a movie. Thank goodness she works at the theater and we get in FREE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphi View Post
Jacque ~ I guess, maybe I'm just use to the high impact cardio, that the Active seemed more like a game as opposed to a workout. Plus, whoever at EA, thought it was a good idea to add that "arm dance" in there...I believe they were on crack. What they hay? Do the schoolbus? Do the grocery cart? Wow...just wow!
You have officially convinced me that it is something I can live without. I won't get it ever unless I use someone elses and fall in love with it...other then that, I think I can continue what I am doing. Do they ask you to do the "lawn mower too"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie32 View Post
Good Morning Girly's,

Weighed in this morning at 200.4

So I have lost almost three pounds in 2 weeks and a total of 12 lbs in 5 weeks
That is great....you need to change your CW in your profile!!! Keep it up!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:52 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit 6 days a week; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
Dandk0204: Lose 15 lbs
Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
Naf1008: Reach the 160s
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:07 PM   #37  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
Do they ask you to do the "lawn mower too"?
Unbelievably...Yes they do! Do the lawn mower!! Like you are pulling the cord to start it. Yup, someone was definitely smoking something!

Last edited by Delphi; 06-09-2009 at 07:08 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:15 PM   #38  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 311/Ticker/175

Height: 5'6''

When the EA was coming out I thought it was going to be awesome in a hardcore way, but you guys make me want it for the comicalness of it haha!

I am going to try beets for the first time tonight, I'm very excited. I've been very experimental in my cooking in the past couple months, sometimes great things happen.. other times BF and I look at each other and shake our heads agreeing I will never try that one again! Tonight I am just roasting the beets and then throwing the greens with some garlic and olive oil. I'm crossing my fingers it turns out well so I will be willing to try actual beet recipes as there are so many health benefits in those little things!

It was a very productive day around the house which allowed me to get a good workout in without realizing it til I stopped and an hour later my muscles were sore like I's been strength training, awesome!
Gekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:40 PM   #39  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

Congrats to all the shedding pounds and kilos! I am down another pound today which means I have lost 2 of my 8 lbs for the month. My new Sensewear came today and is charging. I am revved up about kicking myself into high gear tomorrow. Now I just need to go grocery shopping to stock up on my essentials. I am also hoping to sign up for a local 5K later this month. Need to add one more mile to my daily walk/run to feel good about going for it!
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 10:27 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good evening girls! I hope everyone had a great day!!

ObiWanDelphi
~ so, were the boys up to no good or did you find them reading novels like sweet little cherubs? "Break my baby maker" Bwahahaha! OMG that's hysterical! I told my Dr. when I was having my c/s with girls that if I needed a hysterectomy that I really wouldn't mind and to feel free to gut me like a pumpkin. I never planned on more than 2 kids and when hubby and I decided that 3 would be perfect, well, we got a bonus baby! Talk about not counting your eggs until they're hatched!

NSM
~ Haha, oh as much as hubby loves me, I doubt he's be 100% thrilled about me deciding that one for him. Although...I kinda did. I mean, he was never against it, but I opted not to have a tubal for various reasons and I don't want to take hormones every month, and hey, I DID have 3 c/sections and endure 3 pgs--two of which I spent my 3rd trimester in the middle of Summer--one of those I was carrying 2 people around in there! So he was pretty willing to get the big V. I'm glad to hear that Active has some good lower body workouts at least. I have yet to try any...

Suzy
~ Haha! My fil always jokes that if hubby doesn't schedule it soon that he's going to let me borrow his rusty fishing knife so I can just take care of it right then and there. The old PMS me, she just might have done it too!

Glutio~ man, I was hoping you would have a better afternoon today. I'm sorry you're still feeling out of sorts. Stupid TOM! Hang in there hun, it'll pass. And heck ya, listening to your body is key! If you're too exhausted to function and working out isn't an option--then take a nap! I hope you got one in and that you felt better after!

Dandk
~ Congrats on the loss!!

Jacque~ Oh I used to work at a theater! It was just a dollar theater, but I sure loved just being able to walk right in and not worry about paying. What movie did you two see?

Gekster~ good luck with the beets! I need to be more brave and try more stuff...I'm such a chicken about new foods! Sounds like you did a lot around the house today! Um, if ya run out of stuff to do, you could always come over here--I never run out of stuff to do!

Nello~ congrats on the loss and the new Sensewear!! Wow, a 5K!! That's great! I've always been in awe of people who sign up for those things!

Well girls, the nap was a no go. I tried, but my dd wanted to nap with me so I knew there wasn't going to be sleeping in my future. She tossed and turned and talked and tossed and talked... So, we all got up, went outside and I started tearing out the lawn where the new flowerbed will be going. It was hot and I was dripping sweat in just 15 mins! I had to cut it short to make dinner, but then finished it up afterwards. I also turned over all the fantastic dirt...aka-Clay...so that when the weather permits, I can dump wheelbarrows full of good topsoil in there and mix it all up. Fun, fun, fun. Ha! Not really. Although it is a good way to work my upper body, work on my tan and get my frustrations out!

Looking forward to getting my HIIT in bright and early! No late morning workouts for this chick! Then, I'm going to take the kids to a movie. The girls have never gone and my oldest really isn't fond of movie theaters so it should be interesting...before my meds I would have never attempted this sort of thing without my husband...pretty sad huh?

Oh, lastly, TOM arrived today! Right on schedule! I hope this isn't a fluke and that my cycle has somehow miraculously righted itself!

Okay, well, I'm off to bed! Hope everyone has a wonderful night! See you all tomorrow!!

Last edited by iDream; 06-09-2009 at 10:28 PM.
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:51 PM   #41  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

crazymama, my name was kind of a bust today, too.

I mostly tossed and turned for about an hour, zoning out some but never really falling asleep. Hubby came to snuggle when he got home, which was nice until I started burning up! He's a radiator in the summer!! And in my state, I told him to go away! I think I got a little sleeping in after he got up, but I still didn't feel much better! My temp is normal, I just feel so drained. I think I mentioned before, but I have some strange sleep issues. The exhaustion has actually caused me to jump, leap, fly, pass out and slide off unnoticeably from the weightliss wagon before. I won't let it happen this time, though.

I'm thinking it could be from not eating enough, actually. The last two days, I was barely at 1400 calories. I managed to get up to 1900 today which is over my goal, but if I feel better tomorrow it'll be worth it. I was at about 1650 when I had a sugar craving. DH gave me a GIANT bag of M&Ms for my birthday in April with a M&M racing game (He was making me something but wasn't done, so he got those cause I like M&Ms just so I'd have something to open. He still hasn't finished the other present, and I'm pretty sure he never will! I just wish he'd tell me what it is!) but I never opened the M&Ms cause I started WW the day before my birthday.

So I had the 1/4 c serving amount listed on the bag which really cleared up my craving and the slight hunger I had even though it was about 240 calories (5 pts).

Tomorrow, we're going grocery shopping for the cookout we're having on Saturday. I've been holding off on buying anything for the house other than dinners because of money, but I'mana get some eggs and some fruit for us with the cookout stuff. I need to start adding in more protein to my diet, so I may try to make eggs for us periodically. DH doesn't always eat breakfast, but I could probably convince him to some days if he doesn't have to think about it.

Before I finish the novel, I really do have to give a shout out to him. I read so many people on these boards where their husbands or b/f's are sabotaging them or undermining their efforts or making them feel like crap, and mine has always been supportive. He doesn't care how much I weigh, but he knows I'm doing this for my health and he's willing to help out. He's started taking it upon himself to check the nutrition info and calculating points for different things and restaurants around our house just so he knows how to help me out. He said tonight, before I remembered the M&Ms that he had some candy still, but it'd be too many points for me today which is ok since I don't really like what he had. It's just so super sweet and thoughtful of him. We've been married 8 and a half months now, and I am truly grateful for him.

The end!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 270/206/150

Height: 5-4

Hi ladies just wanted to let you know that I made a breakthrough today....
I broke past 250... now at 249. I don't care if it says 250 tomorrow.. I made it to 249 that's all that matters, right here right now....
I have changed my exercise routine a bit since I was stuck for 2 weeks between 250 and 252... I pray this continues to work.
Good luck to all of you on your challenge.

btw" GLUTIO sounds like your hubby is a great guy, and that you have the right mindset. Hang in there.

Last edited by lookingtobehealthy; 06-10-2009 at 12:22 AM.
lookingtobehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:08 AM   #43  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

lookingtobehealthy ~ on getting out of those 250's!

glutio ~ Good for you dear. I'm so glad that you have that wonderful man by your side. That definitely makes the journey so much easier, when we have someone, right there, every step of the way.

Yoda ~ Unfortunately, that would be a negative on the reading. They were all tied up in Lego Star Wars..go figure..eh? Seriously, I did have to hide the light sabers, because my two yr. old, was running around trying to knock everyone out with them. He is so precious, he calls his sword a "Ya" and the guns are "bang bangs"..so he is running around the house screamin' Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaa and the boys were running for the lives, the force is strong with that one, but dang if it isn't funny watching his little butt run after the older ones. I have to muster all my strength to not to laugh and stop the madness.

Sooooo, as you can see, I over shot my wake up time. I'm now two hours behind schedule and cramping like all get out. Yesterday was day one of TOM and you would think I'm have way through my cycle as heavy as things are...I was up and down all night. Then the alarm didn't go off and the power was out for about an hour. That is just groovy, let me tell ya!

Dang if it doesn't through my whole day off, so I'm gonna try to get dressed and at least get some of my workout in before the rest of my mini football team wakes up. So I'll catch up later. You ladies have a super awesome day and don't forget to drink your water.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Mornin' Ladies!!!! It's an icky, ugly, rainy day outside but it's the start of another great day! So it's raining--maybe that tree I moved around so much will finally get a break from the heat and perk back up! I don't have to water my plants right? And, despite not really wanting it, I get a break from yardwork today. So, there's some positives to the rain.

Glutio~ aren't sleep issues a treat? Ugh! I swear, if it's not the kids waking me up, it's my insomnia keeping me up! Before hubby lost 20lbs it was his snoring keeping me from falling asleep and waking me up through the night. (thank goodness his snoring lessens when he loses a little weight!) I hope your sleep issues sort themselves out, have you been to a dr to talk about it? Your hubby sounds like a total sweetheart! You tell him for me that he's awesome and that there's nothing more adorable than a supportive man!

Looking~ Woo hoo! Congrats on getting under 250!!! Keep up the great work and I'm sure it'll stick!!

MasterDelphi~ ah, your young Jedis sound much like my own. Lego Starwars is all they think about. The quest for clones (the 'snouty ones, not the battle ones mom!') is strong. Many an hour is spent playing, talking about, watching (on Lego.com), coveting and dreaming of Lego Starwars. Yes, the force is indeed strong in those two, sometimes too strong. My girls love to get in on the action too! Sorry to hear your morning is off kilter--gotta love it when the power goes out and throws a wrench in the works. TOM sounds like he's being a jerk!! I used to have wicked awful cramps before the kids--seriously left me bedridden for 2 days a month. Thankfully, they're not nearly as bad now, but once in a while I'll get back cramps and that'll send me straight for my medicine cabinet for some Motrin! Cramps I can take, back cramps--nope. I'm sorry, I need my back to be as pain free as possible! Hope you get your moring back on track--have you eaten breakfast yet?

Jacqui
~ Hey girlie, what about you? Have you gotten your breakfast in?

Lene~ How's the HIIT going? Have you taken your vitamin today?

So...like I said, it's raining. I've been up since 5:30 (thank you dd) and at 6:00 decided to get up and get my HIIT in. I figured I could brave the rain and just come back a little (or a lot) wet. However, after seeing all the lightning, I decided to head downstairs and hit the treadmill. I did my HIIT there and it was so much different! First of all, it was way easier on the joints! It was a little tougher in terms of being able to instantly go from walking to jogging, but I think I actually ended up jogging faster than I do when I'm outside. I do know I was dripping sweat at the end of my 20 mins, so I think I got a good workout in.

Off to see the movies today--Eek!! I gotta be honest, I'm a little nervous! I just hope the girls don't freak out and want to leave 5 mins into it. My oldest ds was like that--he didn't like the dark or the loud noise--we've left more than one movie early and our 2 trips to Disney World have not been idealic by any means. Lots of crying on his part because he was nervous about if it would be dark or scary...he's a little on the cautious side and very wary of the unknown. Poor kid. I try to be understanding, but sometimes I just want to say, "Buddy, it's just a movie!! It's supposed to be FUN!", but, I bite my tongue...

Anyway, I better get going. Have a wonderful day ladies and be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #45  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Good Morning Ladies!!! I need to get better about posting in here.... I have been busy at work, and not a lot of consistant sleep for me either... Not a good combo for me and my diet. When they talk about getting your beauty sleep, they are referring to me! If I don't get Good Unbroken sleep, I am a beast, and the world MUST suffer.
thanks to all the well wishes, and support yesterday. I thought of you all when I was logging all the Chocolate I ate on my daily plate. But I did stay at my calorie limit, who knew, you can eat chocolate all day, as long as you don't eat anything else! I don't suggest it though! Haha, today I feel like crap, but at least my chocolate cravings are gone. I WILL do better today, and I plan on taking my multivitamin today, I have been slacking the last week, and I think it really makes a big difference in my cravings. Anyone else think so too?

Crazymamaof4-good call on the lightening, not something you should mess with, Yay, you found an alternative! That is so what a healthy person would do!!!!!! Twins? how sweet! boys or girls? I had a Great aunt that was kinda a fortune teller/tea leave reader way back when. She would bend your pinky down, and tell you how many kids you would have by the # of folds in your skin. Well, I have 2 little Identical line, so I have always been scared if I have kids, it would be twins Yikes!!! My cousin had fraternal twins, cute as can be, but a LOT of work!!!! Hats of to you! Keep up the good work!

Delphi- girl you Crack me up!!! I love ya! Hope you get caught up on your day! I know those boys keep you hoppin! Hats of to you too!

Glutio- Thank God for good men!!!!!!!! AMEN! Hard to find this day and age! I am glad you found one too! For a long time, I thought I had the last good one out there. It makes all the difference.

Nellonello- Good luck on your 5K- I hear they can be addicting.!!

Lookingtobehealthy, AAAAWWWEEESSSSOOOMMMMEEEE!!!!! Love the new decade Girl! Hold on tight!!!!

Jaqui D- thanks for posting last months list in red on the other thread, very inspiring! So much success!!

Fullsteamahead, I love hearing about your beach walking! It sounds so rejuvenating! I love the smoking money jar idea, and the boots too! I love shoes/boots/sandals too! Oh girlie, I am gonna need a lot of iced coffee to get me through today, cause my butt is dragging!!!! I signed up for some overtime, and am realizing, I am not as young as i used to be....oh well, they say "you can sleep when you are dead!" hahaha Have a great day!

I know I am missing some of you girls, I will try to catch you tonight, Everyone, have a great day!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote