Old 06-13-2009, 09:15 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Joci, CONGRATS on meeting goal!!!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #137  

Default June Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Weight Loss goals are in this list. Exercise goals are in the sister thread--June Exercise Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172728. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 6-7 lbs
Delphi: Lose 10 lbs; keep a 1000-calorie deficit 6 days a week; eat at least 1200 calories everyday
Blondie: Lose 10 lbs (?)
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs to reach 177 lbs; eat breakfast within 30 min of waking up; eat at least 4 out of 6 times a day, not missing more than 1 full meal a day; do not miss eating any 2 times consecutively
VickieLou: Lose 12.5 lbs to reach ONEderland
Gatorgirl6: Lose 10 lbs; stay OP 6 days a week; drink more water
Crazymamaof4: Lose 5 lbs to reach 166.4 lbs; lose inches; stay OP at least 85% of the time; eat more fruits and veggies; try at least one new recipe a week
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs; take a vitamin daily
JasonsLea: Lose 10 lbs; apply for at least 10 jobs; set a bed/wake-up time
Wifey: Lose 11 lbs to reach ONEderland
Ja23: Lose 8 lbs
LaurenA: Lose 8 lbs
Susiemartin: Lose 10 lbs
Glutio: Lose 10 lbs
Biju: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach 125-123 lbs
Jacque9999: Lose 4 lbs--MET GOAL!!; lose inches
Squeeze: Lose 10 lbs
Babes315: Lose 5 lbs by June 11th; reach 175 lbs by the end of June
WormwoodDoll: Lose 10 lbs
Hattie22: Lose 7 lbs
Blondie32: Lose 10 lbs
Michelle0630: Lose 5+ lbs to reach the 140s
Plexi: Lose 10 lbs to reach 159 lbs
NewShinyMe: Stay OP 6 days a week; reach the 160s
Wistfulgirl: Lose 7 lbs
Nellonello: Lose 8 lbs; keep a Sensewear calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day
100percentME: Lose 9 lbs to reach 130 lbs
Dragonfly: Lose 10 lbs/4.5 kg
Fattopia: Become a Size 20
Lookingtobehealthy: Lose 8-10 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 8-10 lbs to reach at least 179 lbs
Leigh: To reach 211.6 (20 lbs down goal)-209 lbs (10 % goal)
AtlGirl: Stay OP; lose 11 lbs
Tummy_Girl: Lose 12 lbs
Tracy: Lose 10 lbs
Ladyfyre: Lose 12 lbs
Sheena41: Lose 3 lbs
Mizmizzy: Lose 12 lbs
SupaChix: Breawna: Lose 8 lbs
SupaChix: Jodi: Lose 6 lbs
HisSweetGypsyRose: Lose 8 lbs
Mtphotochick: Lose 10 lbs
Janis427: Lose 10 lbs
Dollypie: Lose 10 lbs
Odysseygurl: Lose 12 lbs
Lewisempire: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 6.5 lbs
Lowandfat: Maintain weight loss (?)
Ms_Perception: Reach 161 lbs
Abielle: Lose 10 lbs
Canadianangel: Wear size 14 pants
Couch: Lose 4.2 kg, (9.2 lb) to reach 99.9 kg (219.8 lb)
RubyJan: Stay on Atkins' induction
Bahecasmart: Lose 10 lbs
Gekster: Lose 10.7 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs to reach 147 lbs
Velveteen: Reach 85 kg or less
Iaradajnos: Go to most successful calorie restriction of 1300; reach highest weight within "healthy" weight range on BMI chart by June 18
SuzyQ: Lose 5 lbs
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs to reach 234.6 lbs
Dandk0204: Lose 20 lbs
Tamikazie: Lose 6 lbs
Naf1008: Reach the 160s
Old 06-14-2009, 12:03 AM   #138  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Sorry I've been MIA, I've just been spending all my internet time on putting in job apps. I hope you all are doing well. I lost .4 last weigh in, my eating has NOT been good. I've got to do better.

TTYL
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:47 AM   #139  

Height: 5' 8" on a good day

Morning all!
Looks I've lost 1 to 2 lbs this week. It's hard to tell on my old spring scale
Don't have the moolah to trade her in on a fancy new digital one.

Hope everyone has a terrific week. Tomorrow is half way through the month.
susiemartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #140  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Another busy morning where I don't have time for personals--but I will catch up, I promise!!

Congrats to everyone on their losses and to those of you having a less than stellar week--hop back up on the wagon and buckle down! Come on ladies, you're not here to mess around! You're here because you want to get healthy and lose weight right? Right! So no more excuses--get up, get moving and make better eating choices!!! Got it? Good.

Sorry if that love was a little too tough--you only hurt the ones you love right?

Been a busy weekend here, more gardening, although not as much as I had planned so far. Hopefully I'll get more done today.

We bought a weight set yesterday!! Not only does this mean I'll get better strength training workouts (hopefully), but now hubby definitely seems more interested in joining me in working out! I guess a weight set is more manly than my girly handweights.

Official WI & measurement day today--down to 166.6 (.2 lb away from my June Goal!!! .6 lb away from an extra !!!) and another 3" bite the dust!! My dang calves aren't joining the shrinking party, but my arms finally budged a bit!

Okay girls, I need to go--I'll be back later for personals--I promise!!! Have a great rest of the weekend ladies and make good choices!!!

And be sure to...

Drink Your Water!!!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 AM   #141  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Good Morning Ladies

Susie
~ on the pound drop. and keep it up!

jasonslea ~ Welcome back and I do hope you find something soon. on the .4 loss. Any loss is triumph girlfriend!

Jacqui
~ 's ...just cause!

glutio ~ How did the cookout go?

Tummygirl ~ Unfortunately, I've never seen that particular program before, however, sounds like I would find it interesting. Wow sounds like you guys are gonna be quite busy over the next few months with all that traveling..eh? I'm sure it will be tough to stay on OP but I think if you want it bad enough, you'll stay POP and be that much more determined to make the right choices. So are ya with me?

yoda ~ alright on being down some more poundage... on the inches to. You are just scootin' right along and will see that goal, very soon. Way to go!

Oh my, so TOM is still here..WTF? I mean come on, seven days? Luckily, it has been an easy week with TOM. No real pain or discomfort but come on already, leave. He's like a horrible house guest that just wont leave. He's had me idle at 210 point something all week. Today being the lowest at 210.4...I'm just read to be single digits already and say bye bye to the 210's.

Now I'm gonna rant about the digital conversion...

We don't have cable. I cut that crap off after the ex and I parted ways. We don't need it..and don't want it. So of course I went out and purchased converter boxes around Christmas expecting the conversion early but of course they pushed it back. So now that it's here, I am so frustrated. At least with analog TV, you can get poor reception, but still watch it and with digital, it's either all or nothing. So I went out and got a fancy, highly expensive multidirectional digital antenna, because you have to have one and since the conversion Friday I can't pick up the two channels we watched the most and one of those are PBS. We thrive on PBS at my house and I can't tell you how frustrating it is. The two strongest frequencies are the two we can't get, which makes literally no sense. We have rescanned and rescanned until we were blue in the face yesterday and still no PBS. So remember all that work I did in my livingroom and the carpet...well I'm gonna have to move everything back out and pull up the carpet and move the ENTIRE tv around the livingroom in the hopes we can get a good signal. Wish me luck. If I do all that work and still get no signal, the FCC is gonna get a boat load of hate mail.

Whew..so that's what I'll be doing on my day off today...joy! You ladies have a fanflippintastic day and drink plenty of water.

Last edited by Delphi; 06-14-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 11:07 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 223/GOAL/140

Height: 5'6"

Default Month One...Done!

Good Morning and Happy Sunday.

LTBH - good job on the workout, anything and everything helps, it's the commitment right?

Delphi - first of all sweet picture and you kinda look like you might kiss my arse, but in a good way And yes I'm treating all the travelling like a challenge to see how well I can do under tough circumstances and still succeed, I enjoy adversity you find out what you're made of. I might take my highly expensive digital multidirectional antenna and show them where to stick it too.

CMo4 - on almost hitting June's goal, with only 16 days left to go, it's totally in the bag.

Susie - Congrats on the loss too, I'd err to 2lbs, because I'm an optimist

Jasonslea - 0.4lbs and you're not eating great? Well you must be doing something right and when you get it all put together it'll be fantastic.

Glutio - so how did surviving the cookout go? Hope it was awesome good fun.

Today is my one month day, how exciting, it means pictures and mesuring which I really enjoy, I love to see progress however it comes. So drum roll please...11.75 inches! And my hips actually budged an inch and a half when they usually lose 1 inch for every 3 or 4 my waist does. That was a great surprise. I'll do the pictures tonight, I'm so excited.

Otherwise, today is delightfully predictable, I hope, need to go teach my elliptical who's boss and then some house cleaning, family fun and maybe getting around to enjoying a beautiful day out there.

Ok Ladies, let's go
Tummy Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 07:01 PM   #143  
Sensewear and WW

S/C/G: 230/195.2/164

Height: 5'9"

So I am still not weighing due to TOM but I walked twice yesterday for a total of 2.5 hours and 17955 steps!! Personal best. Looking forward to weighing in but since I usually weigh Mondays, I will probably try and wait another week.
nellonello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:55 PM   #144  
There is no spoon!

I'm off to bed and I'll catch up with personals tomorrow. At any rate, I came across a little information about weight fluctuations and I wanted to share that with you gals. You ladies have a great evening.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:01 PM   #145  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

Just popping in real quick to say hi!
Glad to see I won't have millions of posts to catch up with tomorrow!

Hope everyone had a nice weekend
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #146  

This weekend was the first time I have been off plan since I started this quest for a healthier lifestyle in March. Surprisingly, I'm not worried about it, which is quite a change from the past for me. I was away from home for most of the weekend, so I didn't have my usual foods. On Saturday, I had restaurant foods, and today I attended a sit-down brunch for a baby shower and later a cookout with family. I didn't overeat terribly, like go for seconds or anything, but I did eat foods I haven't eaten in a long while, foods I try to stay away from. I didn't count calories, but there's no doubt I ate way more calories than usual because of the types of foods I ate. The good news is that I don't feel as if I've "blown a diet" and that I might as well throw in the towel as a result. That's how I would have reacted in the past. I really understand this time that I'm on a life-long journey and I'm not going to travel it perfectly. Events come up, and as long as I don't make a habit out of going off-plan, it's okay. Plus, I haven't triggered my hunger, so I don't feel compelled to overeat or to make bad food choices. Actually, I'm hoping some good will come of this weekend and this little respite will jump-start my metabolism, because I've been stalled for over a week now. I may show a lb or two more in the next day or two, but hopefully after that, it will begin to move downward again.
Old 06-14-2009, 10:55 PM   #147  

S/C/G: 259/ticker/140

Height: 5'5"

Well good evening girls! It only took me all day, but I'm here for personals!

Blondie
~ Jerkwad is one of my faves! Hope you had a great time this weekend with hubby!

Atlgirl~ :lmao: Oh man, how very typical of him! Gotta love how a guy's mind works huh? Sorry to hear about the s'mores...I feel your pain! The kids love them and I've had to resist them just about every weekend since starting this in March! Don't fret over it too much--look at it as a learning experience! Now you know that you can't eat them just yet--and that's okay. You'll be able to one day. I'm still feeling like I can't cross that line yet too. I did go out and buy some low cal ice cream fudge bar things (only 57 cals each!) but I haven't had one yet...truth be told I'm scared that if I have one I might want another...and maybe another...Ack!

Jacqui~ I'm glad to see you posting hun! Sounds like you had a busy weekend! I'm glad to hear that you're not worrying about going OP and it sounds like you have reached a huge milestone! You've gotten over that 'ruining your diet' mentality! I am very proud of you! You're absolutely right too, this is a life journey and not only will we not travel it perfectly, but sometimes we're just going to have to stop and let loose once in a while! Hope this gives your metabolism the jump start it needs to get back into the losing mode.

Lauren~ WTG with the positive attitude girlie! Hey, have you taken your measurements? Perhaps you're losing inches right now instead of pounds!

Tummy~ sorry to hear the beach was cold--that stinks. Glad that the kids still had fun though. I've been having a hard time getting my calories in lately too--it's tough to eat when you're not hungry...Good luck on the upcoming vacations! That's going to be my toughest challenge too. We're heading to TX next month and I know we'll be eating out a lot...and my stepmom is a great cook...groan...but, they know I'm on a mission and my dad's been counting calories too so many it won't be too bad. I had to at your 'dirt exfoliation' bit! Super huge congrats on the lost inches girlie!! That's fantastic! I can't wait to see some pics!

Nello~ WTG on all those steps! You should be very proud of yourself!

Glutio~ how'd the cookout go? I hope it was a blast! Hear anything yet about hubby's job? How exciting! Ahh, I remember those days...glad we're settled now and not moving, but I do kinda miss the excitement of relocating and house hunting and stuff. Keep us posted! Mmmm, Macaroni Grill! I love that place! I am soooo glad there's not one around here, or else I'd be doomed!

NSM~ aww, sorry about the house not working out. Sounds like you weren't really in love with it, I bet your perfect house is just around the corner. As for your question, this is our 3rd house and I'm not really sure. I mean, the first 2 times we bought we were on a time cruch (1st time was in CA during the whole housing boom--seller's market and the 2nd time was in Louisiana and we had 2 weeks to find a house so we just picked our favorite--definitely not our dream home) and this last time we had ages to look and just got sick of looking. Our house isn't our dream house or anything, but we love the location and the neighborhood is great! Our yard is huge and we're on a double cul de sac so our kids can have the run of the cul de sacs and I'm not fretting over cars zooming by or anything. You're bound to fall in love with houses that aren't perfect for you--we did, but it was way out of our price range. Anyway, for us I guess it boiled down to what was best for our kids--safe neighborhood and street, great yard, etc. and what fit our budget and our family (size-wise that is). I hope you find the perfect house for you soon! Hey, btw, you need a :buttkick: yet?

MasterDelphi~ sounds like you had a busy time re-arranging your room! I used to be like that too! Unfortunately I can't do much re-arranging now because our living areas are kind of small (especially my bedroom!) and there's only so many ways we can put the big furniture. Sorry to hear about not getting PBS anymore! That's rotten! I thought those converter boxes were supposed to take care of all the stuff! Ugh!

Looking~ woo hoo! 3 Day weekends rock! Sounds like you were digging in my yard! Clay, clay, clay and more stinkin' clay!!! Ugh! I'm so sick and tired of digging I could spit! Ah, but it's all worth it in the end isn't it? Hope you had a great long weekend!

FSA~ Hey girlie! Glad to hear TOM is gone and has taken all the madness with him! You got your haddock! You must be sure to come here and gush about how yummy it is! Maybe then I'll get gutsy enough to try it! Sounds like you have lots of fun stuff coming up!

Lene~ how are you feeling girlie? Did the antibiotics do the trick? I hope so! I hope things setting down a bit for you soon! So have you been doing any HIIT at all? Hmm? Do you need me to go postal on you? Will that help? I start Week 3 tomorrow--cutting my 'rest' period to 30 seconds--Eek! Wish me luck!

Jacque~ Woo hoo on the bikini! Wowza! That rocks!!!

Shari~ glad to see you girlie! Good luck with the job hunt! Congrats on the loss--now get yourself back in gear girl!! Come on! Let's go!!!

Susie~ Woo hoo! Congrats on the loss!

Well ladies, it was a long day. I woke up at 6:30 with no exercise to do so I baked blueberry muffins for the family. My youngest ds wanted fresh blueberries to make muffins with and turns out--he doesn't like fresh blueberries in his muffins! Nobody but hubby did. I didn't try them, but they did get pretty good reviews from everyone (aside from the actual berries that is ). They were low fat and roughly 100 cals each, so I took their word for it and avoided them.

So, got in some more digging and shoveling and digging...seriously, I'm beginning to hate the site of shovels! Unfortunately that's all we did. By the time we got started it was late, then we had to come inside because of a storm (so we put the weight set together downstairs :carrot), then when we got out there it was super hot and humid. Ugh! Anyway, we got the prep work done so, weather permitting, I'll get the planting done tomorrow.

Other than that, nothing going on. I start Week 3 of my HIIT training tomorrow. I'm super close to making my June goal. TOM is still hanging around, but I did get a day and a half break from him for some reason (happens every month--if he's gunna leave for a whole day or more--why does he bother coming back?!?! ) and I hope he leaves soon so I can just get back to not worrying about him.

Well, that's it for me! Glad I got all caught up before tomorrow! Hope everyone had a great weekend and that you get great sleep tonight!!

See you all tomorrow!
iDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #148  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

OMG I hate the heat! Today was hellish. I had the bright idea of cutting through a new subdivision to get to my second bus since my first bus doesn't run on Sundays. Well, this subdivision apparantly doesn't go all the way through, this I did not know and I ended up walking around and around, up and down hills, slowly dying. I swear I started hallucinating, I thought I saw my mama's car! It was about 100 degrees today! I was sweating buckets and I had to stop because I thought I was going to faint. Finally, I called Mrs.Allison and thank god she was home and she came and got me. I felt sick for the rest of the day and I still have a bad headache. In all, I spent over an hour walking around in the heat.

On a happier note, I just saw a commercial for my baby Gerard's new movie 'The Ugly Truth'. *sigh* He's such a sexy beast.

P.S. Lonesome Dove is one of the best movies of all time.

Congrats to all our losses, weight and inch wise!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:59 AM   #149  
There is no spoon!

Good Morning Ladies

Jasonslea ~ Sounds like it was a scorcher down your way. I hate those heat headaches, so I definitely feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon.

Master Yoda ~ Hopefully TOM is on his way out for you. You have been quite busy and sounds like you guys are getting the yard all beautiful and stuff. It's hard work, but soon you will be enjoying the fruits of your labor. There is nothing more rewarding than that.

Jacqui ~ See this is why you will see goal. I have to commend you. With all you are dealing with at the moment, you still have this unwavering support of yourself and your dedication to your commitment is simply amazing. Regardless of circumstance you still remain steadfast in your beliefs, and your outlook couldn't be any better. Bravo Jacqui! Bravo!

nello ~ Whoa! on all those steps. Amazing!

Tummygirl ~ Hehe, thanks! You know I couldn't have said it better myself. The trials we face, do not reflect who we are, however, what we take away from those trials....does. Tough times, shape our character, and those of strong character emanate that daily. Hey and on all those inches vanishing. That is awesome. You keep doing what your doing dear. Wow...just wow!

As for me, I think I'm gonna try to stay off the scale this week. I don't know, I say I will, but it's hard not to weigh daily. You want to see your progress translated on the scale, which is perhaps why we check daily. So I am gonna try at least one day and see how that goes. I'm carrying around water weight, and it would seem no matter how much water I drink, I still retain which is soooooooo frustrating. You think my diet cokes before bed may be responsible for the morning water weight?

Oh well, I'll keep fighting the good fight. I know that I am doing all that I can be doing to drop the weight. I'm losing fat, so eventually, it will show on the scale. I may try to wait all week to weigh in, just cause. Just to see if I have that restraint. We shall see.

Anywho, I did get everything moved around yesterday in my livingroom and finally got those two channels, but we still have to work with the antenna to get both channels in separately. They both wont pick up at the same time. But at least we can get them.

I guess that's pretty much about it. Glad to get back to routine today and back to my feel good exercise. That's enough to be excited about. So you ladies have an exceptional day, drink plenty of water, remember your smiles and never, ever forget, that you are SOOOOOO WORTH IT!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:06 AM   #150  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
This weekend was the first time I have been off plan since I started this quest for a healthier lifestyle in March. Surprisingly, I'm not worried about it,

Actually, I'm hoping some good will come of this weekend and this little respite will jump-start my metabolism, because I've been stalled for over a week now. I may show a lb or two more in the next day or two, but hopefully after that, it will begin to move downward again.
Ya know I went off plan a little this weekend as well, actually I do every weekend but this weekend was a little more then usual...Anyway, ya know what, I didn't beat myself up about it. I actually enjoyed it and know that by the time I weigh on Friday, if I gained, it will be gone by then. So Jacqui, try not to weigh everyday...because you know you will see gains/losses everyday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymamaof4 View Post
Jacque~ Woo hoo on the bikini! Wowza! That rocks!!!
I'm real close to having someone take my pic and then show some before or after pics on 3FC. Would like to be to goal first...but ya never know. TOM will be here next week so this week might be a good week to do it since there is no way I will reach goal while he's here..DARN HIM ANYWAY!!!
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote