Old 06-04-2009, 12:08 PM   #151  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 286/275.8/185

Height: 5'6

Delphi, your new pic had me confused for a sec! Looking good!!
glutio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 12:27 PM   #152  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Quote:
Originally Posted by glutio View Post
Delphi, your new pic had me confused for a sec! Looking good!!
Hey no worries, I keep my self confused often. But thanks! I saw your thread to with your pictures and there is definitely a difference. Keep up the good work.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:06 PM   #153  

Hi all,

I've been meaning to jump on this thread but have been busy at work the past few days. My goal for June is to lift weights and do 25 minutes of intense cardio on the elliptical (getting my heart rate up to about 150) three days a week - Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. This means getting my butt into the gym three times a week! On my 'off' days I want to try to be active in other ways: walking, biking, taking a dance class, running in the swimming pool. I lost 6 pounds in May, and I am hoping to lose another 5 or so in June.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:31 PM   #154  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Alright here it is

June 1 30 min nonstop jog/100 crunches

June 2 TOM/ BLAAA

June 3 TOM/ BLAAA

June 4 jogged 30 min nonstop/ 1 hr water arobics
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 02:42 PM   #155  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Still going strong!

June 4~ 8 miles stationary bike; core and upper body strength training
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 04:54 PM   #156  

S/C/G: 161/161/120

Height: 5"8

Jacqui D - thanks for your words of encouragement! Managed to make it down the gym again tonight despite the gods conspiring against me
Managed to resist tempting offer of after work drinks with colleagues only to be greeted by hubby who wanted to go out to dinner ...an Italian restaurant of course, so just by walking in the door I probably would have put on 10 lbs
Hee hee! Keep up the good work everyone!
Squeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:11 PM   #157  
On a Mission

DH says he's going to the gym with me again today! He did warn me he didn't know how much he could take and might wuss out, though. I think I'm going to try to get some Wii time in before he gets home!
Old 06-04-2009, 06:01 PM   #158  
Kitten steps to fitness

S/C/G: 208.5/?/148

Height: 5' 6"

June 1 - 2 walks, 40 minutes exercise - GOAL MET
June 2 - 2 walks, 30 minutes exercise - GOAL MET
June 3 - 2 walks, 40 minutes exercise - GOAL MET
June 4 - 2 walks, 30 minute workout - GOAL MET (barely )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Pas, good idea! If you find you want to change the walking to 6 days a week too, just let me know and I'll change it on the list! I wish I had been as smart as you, last month! If I had, I would have made goal on my walking! I knew I wanted a day off, but I was too nervous about taking it off just yet. As it turned out, I missed one day of walking the entire month and ended up not making that goal because of it. So if you want a day off completely, even though you may end up walking every single day anyway, like I said, just let me know!
Well, I just started feeling worn out and I know you're supposed to take a day off at least once a week. The workout I use the most, My Fitness Coach on the Wii, has scheduled two days off for me but I thought I would do Tae Bo on those days. Instead, I'll do Tae Bo on one day and take off the other day.

As for the walks, they are more for the kids than for me. I want our walks to be non-negotiable unless it's raining. But we can be creative with it. Today I met a friend for lunch in a nearby city and had to park a few blocks away from her building. I considered that one of my walks. Tomorrow we will be doing our weekly grocery shopping, and if need be I will consider that one of our walks. But mostly we walk in the neighborhood. Nice big hills on every street, my butt will be gone in no time! lol
Pas de Chaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 06:58 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default June Exercise Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

Exercise goals are in this list. Weight loss goals are in the sister thread--June Weight Loss Challenge: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=172689. If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed or edited in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

Jacqui_D: Strength train 3 days per week; exercise for 30 additional minutes on strength training days; exercise for 60 minutes on 3 other days per week
Delphi: Complete 2000 minutes--exercise for 1400 minutes; strength train for at least 600 minutes
Wifey: Walk the dog for 30 min each day for a total of 900 minutes; work out at the gym for 60 min twice per week for a total of 480 minutes; powerwalk for 45 min once per week for a total of 180 minutes; start using Wii Fit
FullSteamAhead: Complete 1400 minutes
Ja23: Jog for 30 min 5 times per week; do floor exercises 5 times per week
Glutio: Walk 5 miles per week for a total of 20 miles; strength train at the gym for 30-45 min 5 days per week
Gatorgirl6: Attend physical therapy and exercise as able; complete 120 miles
Lumifan4ever: Exercise for at least 45 total hours, including classes, the treadmill, the elliptical, and strength training
Jacque9999: Get up to 60 minutes cardio on pilates days; start hiking or some other outside activity; work out at the gym or do outside activity on Sundays; complete a total of 1900 minutes of exercise; take 10,000 steps each day
Squeeze: Do 45 min of cardio 5 times per week; do toning for 20 min 5 times per week
Crazymamaof4: Strength train 3 times per week; do cardio at least 3 times per week, including high intensity interval training; use exercise ball
NewShinyMe: Complete the 30-day EA Active Challenge; add an extra workout on all but one of the remaining days each week; work out for at least 850 minutes
JasonsLea: Make and keep a gym routine
Fattopia: Average 60 min a day of serious movement
Tummy_Girl: Complete 1600 min of cardio; complete 500 min of strength training
Icandoallthings: Before leaving for Alaska trip on June 18, complete at least 40 miles of walking or running; keep up with push-ups, sit-ups, weightlifting, etc.; while on trip, exercise on every day not traveling
Lookingtobehealthy: Walk 2 kms a day at work; complete 10 min of cycling a day, 5 days a week
HisSweetGypsyRose: Walk 35 miles
Dollypie: Do cardio 30 min 5x a week; strength train 2x a week
Pas_de_Chaton: Walk twice a day; do 30 min of exercise 6 days per week
Blondie32: Jog 30 min nonstop 5 times a week; do 300 crunches 5 times a week; do light back arm workout 2 times a week
Lewisempire: Complete 64 miles; strength training 2 times a week
Ms_Perception: Exercise 45 min a day 6 days a week
Leigh: Complete 1000 minutes of Turbo Jam @ 40 min per day
StartinMonday: Do C25K workout 3 times a week
Babes315: Do cardio 5 days a week for 60+ min per day; burn at least 2700 calories 3 days per week and at least 2500 the remaining days
RubyJan: Do pilates 180 min per week; swim 60 min per week; do cardio on rower and bike 120 min per week
Wistfulgirl: Do 45 min cardio 5x per week; strength train 3x per week
Sotypical: Complete approximately 1765 minutes
Canadianangel: Stay with the Elance Bodywise Weight lose program; start exercising 30 min a day
Velveteen: Exercise 23/30 days
Terapet: Do 30 miles on the treadmill
Dandk0204: Ride exercise bike for 2 hours everyday; do 30 min of additional exercise everyday; strength train for 30 min 3x a week
Blueridgegirl: Lift weights; do 25 min of intense cardio 3 days a week on the elliptical, getting heart rate near 150
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #160  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies,

It feels good to switch things up a bit. It is fun to get back to jogging again. The last time I tried jogging, it made me feel kinda sickly after 30 minutes so the step classes were a great alternative and certainly built up my stamina. It's nice to finish a work out in 30 minutes instead of an hour though.

June 1 0
June 2 2.25 miles
June 3 0
June 4 2.5 miles
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 07:38 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Dandk0204! Glad you joined the exercise thread with us too!! Good to have you! Good luck!

Hi Blueridgegirl, I'm glad you finally made it! You did so well on the May exercise challenge, so keep it going, girlie!!

Looking2BHealthy, glad to know you are going strong! Keep it up, chickie!

Lumi, actually, walking while shopping can count! You should get a pedometer! We ladies can easily walk for 2-3 hours while shopping, lol! No telling how many steps that is! It sounds like you have exercise covered either way though. The tennis sounds fun!

Joci, Delphi, CMof4, Dollie, TummyGirl, Blondie, Gator Pas, WTG girls!! Your progress reports are looking good!! Way to start June out strong!!

Ms_P, good luck on the WI!!

Lewis, I'm so glad you're feeling better! It's too bad you got a cold so quickly after your trip. I know you are probably eager to get back into routine!

Squeeze, great job!! I'm loving that commitment, girl!! WTG!!!

Glutio, I'm am so happy for you that your DH offers to go work out with you (even if sometimes he might not make it)! I've read so many threads here at 3FC where ladies feel like they have their hubbies working against them, so you be sure to give your DH a big hug for being supportive!

Pas, ah, kid-walking, good for you!! It's so nice that you are teaching them the value of exercise while they're young! My kids were always involved in team sports, but you know, team sports end, and then you have to rely on individual exercise. Fortunately, my kids (who are in college now) do still get lots of exercise. Even if they weren't active, they'd have no choice but to walk, really--they're on a college campus, lol! Anyway, good for you getting your kids into the habit of walking!

Terapet, great job!! I'm glad you're enjoying your jogging again, and already 5 miles in! Yay!

Well ladies, I am staying right up with my exercise too! I even did a little extra last night and I might ride my recumbent bike some more tonight! I fully intend to get that coveted MET GOAL!! beside all my ALL my exercise goals this month!!

June 1--60 min on recumbent bike
June 2--60 min strength training; 30 min walking
June 3--30 min walking; 45 min on recumbent bike
June 4--60 min strength training; 30 min walking

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 06-04-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:02 PM   #162  
On a Mission

DH isn't volunteering to go to the gym, but he is letting me drag him. So far. Today was his second day, and he did good!

Since we were meeting at home today, I got myself going on the Wii Fit to keep myself motivated and not fall asleep! I did 40 minutes of all of the pieces. Woot! I hit a Wii Fit milestone today, too. I haven't used it much since Feb, but my Wii piggy jumped up, did a dance and said I've done 10 hours on the Wii fit! Then my piggy turned bronze!

After DH got home, we went to the gym. I got in .75 miles on the treadmill after staying on a little longer then him and then I did about 20 minutes with the weight machines before we were both ready to call it quits. Now I'm only .75 miles behind for the week.

I'm working from home tomorrow, so I may try to hit the fitness kickboxing class at 10a to see how I like it. I'm scared, though!! It all depends on when I get up and stuff in the morning.
Old 06-04-2009, 10:41 PM   #163  
work hard.

S/C/G: 197/170/155

Height: 5'9

Welcome back Terapet and Ms Perception!! Great to see your names checking in : )

For the past two days I've played tennis for an hour or so each day and done weightlifting, push-ups, sit-ups etc. If the weather cooperates, I'll go for another run or long walk tomorrow. And hopefully play more tennis! It feels so great to be able to move and breathe (I quit smoking awhile ago and am finally feeling the pay-off in my lungs).

Reading through the posts, it seems like you ladies are all doing great! More soon! xoxo
icandoallthings6613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:51 PM   #164  
Learning to fly again

S/C/G: 196/ticker/130

Height: 5' 2"

I really did not want to exercise today, it is too darn hot for me. I convinced myself to at least do the workout for the 30 day challenge. I did not want to come and post a big fat 0 here hehe.

June 1: EA Active Workout 22 min. + 30 min free step = 52 min.
June 2: EA Active Workout 24 min. + 30 min. walk = 54 min.
June 3: WL Yoga and abs = 45 min.
June 4: EA Active 24 min.
Newshinyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #165  

Hi girls, finally made it in here to post and didn't want to let it slide another day...so here I am. I read all of the posts and workout schedules and though I sometimes don't always have time to do personals here I always see and I just want to say congratulations to everyone on their schedules! Looking mighty fine girls . Icandoallthings, your doing great getting your workouts in before Alaska. Newshinyme, I hope your DH is feeling better. GOod for you for doing your workout, you really have been doing great with your EA, keep it goingggggggg HOw many days have you done so far? Your getting up there so keep it rolling okay, i better get to bed.....keep up the great work everyone. Chat again soon.

June1 - 85min.-(55 wii. aer.,30 min. walk)
June2 - 95 min. walk
June3 - Day off
June4 - 95 min. (55 min. walk-beach, 20 min. wii aer., 20 min. u.b.s.t)
June5 -
June6 -
June7 -
Total:
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote