Old 05-31-2009, 05:57 AM   #76  

What do you think is the hardest activity?
I don't have any upper body strength so the push ups are really hard for me.

What activities do you feel does nothing for you?
Skiing. I have to admit that the balance work probably doesn't do anything for me but I love doing them--especially the soccer.

What activities make you feel the best?
Best? That depends on how I define best. Best cardio: hula or step. Best strength: lunges Best in terms of fun? balance

What activities do you do the most?
Step cardio and balance work. I will probably not use Wii Fit too much for the challenge. I think it takes too long to go from exercise to exercise. I am looking forward to when the update Wii fit. They really should have an option for continuous workouts--even better would be letting us program a workout before we start. I.E., 5 minutes of balance to warm up, a few minutes of hula, then a strength workout, then step, then strength, then boxing, then strength, then jogging . . . . you get the idea. Wouldn't that be great??

Gina
GinaXOXO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 06:00 AM   #77  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Welcome to the challenge Gina. Glad to have you here

Last edited by Lissus; 05-31-2009 at 06:00 AM.
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:04 AM   #78  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Congrats on everyone who is keeping up. It's been a crazy week for me and I haven't been finding the time and what not. I'm going to try really hard not to make excuses this week. It's difficult when I'm so busy and getting ready to move on Friday. I would do the 30 day challenge right now, but I have to head to work.

What do you think is the hardest activity?
I have a lot of trouble with strength training. I haven't done all of them them, but the pushups are probably one of the hardest ones.

What activities do you feel does nothing for you?
A lot of the balance games. I have noticed that if bend my knees and squat down a bit, I can feel some of them working.

What activities make you feel the best?
Hula hoop. I just wish it was like real hula hooping. I recently made myself one and have a lot more fun with it.

What activities do you do the most?
The Running. I'm really trying to build up my stamina.

If you really like to do the stepping, I read somewhere to try putting a real step or something else under the balance board to raise it. Then it really works you more.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 11:53 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 208.6/185/160

Height: 5'7"

I am thinking of getting this. I find the step workout on the Wii Fit fun but not very challenging. This would definetely change that for me....

Okay I have not posted enough to add links but it's sold at amazon and is called the Wii Everlast 3" Aerobic Step. Does anyone use this already?
Hlthgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:31 AM   #80  
~Cupcake

S/C/G: 195/Ticker/130

Height: 5'3''

Anyone other than me hate doing the squats on EA Active? XD
The first two days of using that I had a hard time moving because of the squats lol
Plexi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:09 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/170

Height: 5" 10'

Squats are lethal on EA Active. My legs took about 3 days to recover fully.
Starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 06:08 AM   #82  

I got my workout in yesterday on the Active. I don't mind the squats as much as the lunges and my arch nemesis the inline skating! Yesterday though I had to do the jump squats and jump lunges! So not fun. but I appreciate the workout.

Also just saw on amazon you can get 2 lb weights to use with the Wii. The remote and nunchuk just clip in.
Old 06-01-2009, 12:07 PM   #83  

I have been using wii fit and now my fitness coach. Been working out every day at least 1 hr (with exception to the hang over day- and I still did a half hr). I am feeling a little bummed cuz I actually GAINED 2 lbs in the last 3 weeks of busting my butt. I know its all about the long haul and I know its getting better inches-wise, I just wish I could see the darn scale move DOWNWARD! GRR!
laurie2275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 01:23 PM   #84  

does anybody know which game does a full body workout?
lowandfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:17 AM   #85  

I use EA Sports Active and Wii Fit and they both can give you a total body workout. They are quite different in that Wii Fit doesn't set up a program...you have to queue up each exercise. But Wii Fit offers a yoga portion which is a great asset.

EA Active runs you through a workout. I did find core work a little lacking but the last 2 workouts I did have improved on that. Other ladies on this board have used Wii Fit much more extensively than I have so I am sure they have better input on it.

I have (but haven't yet tried My Fitness Coach but I did use the PC version of Yourself Fitness (same thing as far as I can tell) and it was great. Full workout in a program format.

I have been working out with a trainer to get me jumpstarted back into fitness as it's been a few years (and a few children) since I have really exercised with any regularity so I am finding it an adjustment to do the "game" workouts. I think as long as I am up moving and sweating and putting in 100% effort I can't go wrong

I did my workout for yesterday int he evening which was a change for me. I really enjoyed it though and slept like a log! Maybe evenings will be okay for me after all.
Old 06-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #86  
video game junkie

S/C/G: 201/see ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

been out of commission for the weekend due to being pretty sick, but got right back on my exercise program today.

Warmup on Wii Fit

EAS Active - Lots of running, bicep curls, lunges today with some volleyball and tennis. Tommorrow is supposed to start with some of the dance moves. That should be fun
Lissus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Can you join in any time?
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #88  
There is no spoon!

S/C/G: 265/ticker/160

Height: 5/9

Sure melwolfe!

Well I've upped my routine with the My Fitness Coach to 60 minutes of cardio every other day then 60 minutes on the treadmill and 45 minutes of strength training w/My Fitness Coach on the opposite days, taking Sunday off. I'm staying on plan and it is going well.

Last edited by Delphi; 06-02-2009 at 02:53 PM.
Delphi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 03:58 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 217/179.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Cool Beans! I have EA Active, My Fitness Coach, Golds Gym and Wii Fit. I am planning to use Active today when I get home approx 45 mins. Doing the 30 day challenge on there (not daily as I switch around) and then add some more on my own.
melwolfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:53 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 270.6/161.0/150

Height: 5'8"

I haven't had a chance to read through all of the posts but wanted to jump in.

I have been doing wii fit for a while now and then got EA Sports Active last week and messed around with a variety of workouts.

Now I am going to do the 30 day challenge with EA while I am also just finishing week 3 of the c25k program on my treadmill.

Hopefully putting "out there" that I am doing the 30 challenge will keep me going! The workouts that I did last week killed my glutes (the squats and squat holds are the worst!!). The in-line skating was a challenge too (all that jumping!!) but during the 30 day challenge workout today it incorporated the wii fit balance board into the inline skating so there was no jumping...almost felt too easy.

Looking forward to reading more later
momof5k is offline   Reply With Quote