Old 05-28-2009, 09:41 AM   #61  

Hi all,
Good to read everybody's posts. Gator, I know what you mean about daily weigh-ins, I do the same thing. And fatpants and gator, I'm glad to have some runners on the thread. I used to run and enjoyed it but knee problems run in my family so I'm doing vigorous walking and am hoping to run again when I am in the 175-180 lbs range. In fact, there is a new years' day 5k in my area which is a longer term goal for me. I have never been in race before and I'd like to try it out.

So, what will I do when I reach my goal? A few months ago I picked out a really cute dress at a vintage shop - light blue with a shell design, sleeveless and fitted. At the time I couldn't even zip it up, and now I can zip it up but it is definitely too tight. But I think once I am under 200 it will be just right. So I imagine myself wearing my dress and I have it hanging up in my closet where I can see it every day. Also, wanting to wear something sleeveless motivates me to do my upper body weight training exercises! I started lifting weights 2 weeks ago and at first it was boring but now I'm kind of getting into a groove with it.

Have a great day everyone!!!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Red face Bikinie

Hello Girls, I bought a hottie swimsuit yesterday. Even though its already summer and I need to lose like 20 lbs to look half good in it. I hope when it arrives on Monday that it will encourage me even more. I did not work out yesterday but I am going to run today at lunch. I have been stuck at this wieght for a week now and haven't moved. I am doing the South Beach. Maby I am eating to much beans or something. Any ideas to get a breakthrough?
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Default you go girl

Blueridgegirl, you encourage me when you talk about buying that dress. I would like to have better looking arms for short sleeves. Of course a tan always helps to. I wiegh 203 and my first goal is to get under 200. I am tall with a large frame. Lots of muscle under my fat. Even though I have worked out and been very active in my life I have been up and down in my wieght all my life. What diet are you doing?
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Blondie - I know what you mean about being stuck at the same weight. That happened to me for a few weeks, maybe losing .2 a week, but it finally caught up with me and I lost 2.8 pounds this week (I have my own weigh in on Thursdays...)! I dropped my calories by a teeny bit, from about 1420 to 1360, as an average for the week, and I started eating fewer snacks at night, and completely stopped eating after 9. Obviously, everyone is different, but these are the little things that gave me the kickstart I needed. Just change a few little things here and there. Maybe your body just needs a little shake up! Keep up all the good work!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 PM   #65  

Hi ladies!

The week is chugging along but it sounds like everyone is doing well.

Kpme- omg, U2?! I am dying with jealousy! That will be an amazing concert!

My motivation today were the joggers & runners on the board: gator, bluridge, and fatpants, kmpe- I am trying to encorporate jogging intervals into my walking so that by the end of the summer I can jog for 30 minutes withough stopping. But you girls will do so well on your 5ks in the future!

Blondie-Congrats on buying your swimsuit, that is major motivation right there! What style did you pick out? There are so many cute ones available now!

Taking Charge- great job on staying on track this week- you are working really hard, and your recent weight loss def. proves it- keep up the great work!

__________________________________________________ ________

Ok here is my totals for today:

Consumed: 1,382 • Burned: 669
Net calories: 713

Food Item Servings Cals
Jennie O Turkey Sausage Links 1.00 140
Scrambled Eggs 2.80 196
The Daily Plate Generic Calorie 84.00 84
Small Banana 1.00 90
Panda Express Mushroom Chicken 1.30 195
Panda Express Fortune Cookie 1.00 32
Flanigan Farms Nuts 'n' Things 1.00 130
Vitamin Water 10 Xxx 2.50 25
Kung Pao Shrimp w. brown rice 450.00 450
Jello Sugar Free 4.00 40
Fitness Minutes Calories Burned
Walk: 4 mph (15 min/mi) 30.0 -207.0
Weight lifting: light (free weights, nautilus, universal) 15.0 -62.0
Elliptical Machine (Manual) 60.0 -400.0
Totals: 713
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:41 PM   #66  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

leantoinette- I can't call myself a runner or a jogger right now. I can't even walk properly yet. lol. I will eventually be a runner again, but right now it more like hobbler.

Blondie- I have this super cute bikini from senior year in high school. I would love to be able to wear it again. I was about 150 then and it looked great. My goal weight is below that and it really is great motivation.

Today I did well staying on track with my diet, but I didnt make it to the gym. I went out and got 30ds and jillians fat burning dvd. I am going to try the second one tomorrow and see if I can do it with my ankle. It bothered me today, so not exercising was probably better for it. I know that weight loss is a high priority, but I dont want to mess up my ankle anymore. Having a fully functioning ankle for the rest of my life is higher on my list. If I can focus on my diet, then I should be able to exercise as my ankle allows and still lose weight.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 02:28 PM   #67  

Blondie -

I see our stats are in the same ball park.

I'm not following anything too totally specifically, but am more or less doing the insulin resistance diet. I have insulin resistance and my acupuncturist encouraged me to try keep my blood sugar in check, which means eating more often but less food at once, and matching carbs with protein. So for a snack, I'll have lowfat string cheese, or a piece of whole wheat bread w/ almond butter. I try to stick to whole grains and keep my portions of carbs under control - the book recommends not more than 30 g of carbs at once, balanced with at least 14 g of protein. I think it's a good way to eat even if you haven't been diagnosed with insulin resistance. Also, I try not to eat after dinner...I feel like food eaten at night just sits there and turns to fat, and I try to eat slowly and pay attention and not be stressed. I also recently quit my old job and started a new one and I'm a lot happier - I think that stress level does impact weight loss. We are not machines, and there is more in than calories in and calories out, in my opinion.

And exercise - I've started weight training twice a week, and I do a lot of walking: one hour several times a week. Occasionally will do elliptical machine, or take a dance class, or do something else to mix it up. With warm weather I'm hoping to start water running. I used to run, when I was at about 190, but I want to take off some weight before I start running again since I am concerned about damage to my knees.

Best wishes on your journey to onederland! You are close!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 09:38 PM   #68  
waisting away

I tried to do an exercise dvd just now. That was not a good idea. I totally pissed off my ankle. I am going to ice it and not try that again for a while. I think I will just stick with going to the gym.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:59 PM   #69  
waisting away

Well, today I have been pretty good so far, but I only hope it can stay that way. I have managed to stay OP so far today, but later I am going to a party to watch the Magic beat the Cavs. I am in charge of bringing the chips. eek. I know that I can have the willpower to resist them, I just hope that I do. How do you all avoid temptation?
Old 05-30-2009, 06:36 PM   #70  
Fat Chick Newbie

S/C/G: 192/168/130

Height: 5'4

I keep getting an error when I try to post this is a test post.
Haney98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #71  
Fat Chick Newbie

S/C/G: 192/168/130

Height: 5'4

Smile Saturday

Ok I apparently have to have 25 posts, or something. I keep getting an error.

CW: 167.5
GW: 130 & SEXY by Labor Day
May 17: 165
May 25: 165
May 30: 166
Haney98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! Hope everyone's had a good week. Gatorgirl - sorry about your injury! That's such a bummer. Hopefully you were able to avoid those chips at the bball game party! Avoiding temptation is tough. For me, at this stage in the "journey", eating cake/chips/cookies at parties just isn't an option because I know it's easier for me to totally avoid that then to try to have just one, which almost never happens! That way, I don't even second guess myself when I want to just grab something off the table because it's completely off limits, and for me, that control is very satisfying. Maybe I'm weird...

I know I won't have access to a scale tomorrow morning so I'm just going to post my weight from today as the official number for the week. Another loss! And, I bought some new jeans this week...size 8 and size 30! Can't remember the last time I wore size 8 jeans.

Looking forward to hearing from you all tomorrow. Loss, gain, or breaking even, we're all ultimately getting healthier and doing amazing things for our bodies, so go us!

5/21/09(SW): 147.4
5/25/09: 145.8
5/31/09: 144.6
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Weekly weigh in

Hi everyone,

Just checking in for my weekly weigh in -- a bit bummed to see the scale up a whole pound from last time but last week's loss was way too big to be real (3.6) so I'll just stay satisfied that I'm still down 2.6 lbs in 2 weeks. The past few weeks have been vacation mode -- even though it feels great to be back in the gym my caloric intakes have been a bit high with too many BBQs and beers so I'm looking forward to settling into a regular work routine when I start my internship on Wednesday. I'm also psyched to have 2 more days of vacation!

I'm also trying to keep good records of my foods and activities to try to pinpoint what are my own personal danger zones. I've noticed some of you are counting calories...if you are, would you mind sharing what your targets are and how you arrived at that number?

TC - Congrats on your loss this week!
Gator - sorry about your ankle. Give it time and it will get better. Maybe focusing on upper body stuff will make you feel like you're making progress even though you're resting your ankle!

Kim

SW: 176.2
5/25: 172.6
6/1: 173.6
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:15 AM   #74  

Good Morning Ladies!

Before going to work I wanted to post my weigh in for the week. I'm down 0.8 lbs for the week which is great to see, but I actually expected a bigger loss. I guess my body is releasing the weight on its own good time and I have to stay the course good look in the weigh ins today- and I will post again this evening
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 12:39 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Ankle woes

Gator,
Thought you'd appreciate knowing that my ankle is in trouble today, too! I went hiking on Saturday and took a slip on a rock that twisted it the wrong way. It was sore for the rest of the day...of course I had to keep hiking on it to finish out the day.

Thought it was better today but I got 10 steps into my run and realized there would be NO running for me for a few more days. OUCH! So I'm practicing what I preached to you! Weeding became my exercise, instead!

Hang in there!
kp
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote