Old 05-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #46  

Hello all, so I could either look at as not having lost weight, or I could look at it as having maintained the weight loss over the last few weeks. I'm still at 217. Felt like I did pretty well this week, but I think weight loss is often not linear - I stay on plan and the scale doesn't budge, then one day I step on and I've lost 2-3 pounds. Plus my period is due to start in the next day or two, which doesn't help in the scale success department. So, yay, I maintained!

Congrats to all who lost, and to all who made good decisions whether they lost or not. And welcome Dolly!

What I'm going to do this week: continue with my weightlifting program (more muscle = more efficient fatburning) and watch my carbs. I am more or less trying to follow the insulin resistance diet (there's a big thread about it on 'dieting with challenges') which means watching my carb intake and trying to not eat more than 30 g of carbs at once, and always linking it with protein. Who knew some of the things I was eating had upwards of 40 or 50 carbs!?!?

Let's make this a great week everybody!!!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 07:10 PM   #47  
No Fear

S/C/G: 294.6/294.6/280

Height: 5''3

Hi! I am joining too.A week late.I have alot to lose,so I think I can lose 50lbs
by Labor Day.I just started taking Phenterimine yesterday,and I am following ww at home.I am not eating as much as I should because of the diet pills.I know this won't last.
May25-294
May30-off
June1-off
June8-293.2Restarting
June15-
June22-
June29-
July6-
July13-
July20-
July27-
Aug.3-
Aug.10-
Aug.17-
Aug.24-
Aug.31-
Sept.7- Less than 294

Last edited by Tracy; 06-08-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:54 PM   #48  
Hottie Seeking Escape

S/C/G: 197/186/147

Height: 5'8

So this weekend was ok, but didn't get much exercise in at all....

SW:190.4 (May 18th 2009)
GW:160.0

May 18: 190.4
May 25: 188.8 (-.6 lbs hoping for more...)
May 30:
June 1:
June 8:
June 15:
June 22:
June 29:
July 6:
July 13:
July 20:
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
ShanesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 12:09 AM   #49  

Hi Ladies!

Welcome dolly and tracy, its a pleasure to have you! Great job on setting goals during the next 15 weeks. We are here to support and motivate each other!

Congrats to everyone on this last weigh in. From 2 lbs to 0.2 lbs, a loss is a loss! Feel good, celebrate it, and keep motivated! And gator and blueridge- be happy that there was no gain, only maintenance- which means that you girls staying on the right track

Question for the week: " After this challenge is over, what activity/event are you looking forward to participating in that you wouldn't have done otherwise?"

I am looking forward to going out on a "night on the town" with the girls. I actually do this regularly now, but when I get more fit and toned I think it will be a much more enjoyable experience- because I will have more self confidence and will be excited to show off my new fit body in super cute outfits!
__________________________________________________ ________

Here is my today:

I've switched up my exercise routine and incorporate weights in order to
get my metabolism going- maybe I have been stuck in a rut. My totals are below. Have a great evening everyone!

Food Item /Servings/ Cals
Starbucks Pain Au Chocolat/ 1.00/ 450
Starbucks (tall) Caramel Macchiato Whole Milk /1.00/ 200
Jamba Juice 16 Oz Bright Eyed & Blueberry/ 1.00/ 240
Jamba Juice Soy Protein Boost /1.00/ 30
Jamba Juice Omega-3 Chocolate Brownie Cookie/ 1.00/ 150
Pei Wei Mandarin Kung Pao Shrimp /0.50/ 150
Pei Wei Brown Rice/ 0.90/ 153
Fitness:

Minutes Calories Burned
Walk: 4 mph (15 min/mi) 30.0 -207.0
Weight lifting: light (free weights, nautilus, universal) 15.0 -62.0

Totals: 1,104 Net Calories

Last edited by leantoinette; 05-27-2009 at 12:16 AM.
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:15 AM   #50  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Question for the week: " After this challenge is over, what activity/event are you looking forward to participating in that you wouldn't have done otherwise?"
Well I'm not sure I wouldn't have done this otherwise, but a week or so after labor day, I'm planning on running in my first 5k (Race for the Cure). I've been training for it since mid-February, so being 20 lbs lighter will definitely help with the running! I read that for every pound lost, you take off 4 pounds of pressure on your knee joints. So far I've taken off 120 lbs of pressure (30 lbs total) That's a lot!

Anyway, I am super stoked for running in my first 5k and already have plans to do a 10k next year. Running is addicting!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 11:48 AM   #51  
Goodbye Fat!

Well I made it to the gym this morning. I am taking slow getting back into the groove of exercising because I don't want to overdue it. Just some some time on the treadmill and then the recumbent bike.

Fat Pants, running is addicting. I really want to get back to it. I used to run all the time, now I could barely run for a minutes. I think I am going to the Couch to 5k program again. Keep up the great progress!

I would like to say that I would love to go to the lake and go swimming and not have a care in the world about my body. Also I will say that DH and I are thinking of trying to have a second baby so that is the real motivation for me to lose the weight.
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

leantoinette - I know what you mean about strutting around in cute outfits! My friends are all teeny so it'll be nice to wear short skirts and not totally stand out around them!

Fat pants - go running! woohoo!

dollypie - 2nd baby! Wow! Talk about motivation!

For me, I'm looking forward to doing my runs outside...in shorts! I've always hated my legs, but they're finally starting to get toned and, dare I say it, look good! They'll look even better - 15lbs!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 02:36 PM   #53  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

I am currently doing Physical Therapy for a broken ankle. Late Feb, I broke my ankle in 4 places playing Rugby. I have only been cleared to exercise on a stationary bike for a couple weeks, and I should be able to start running again in 2 or so weeks. I am working with my physical therapist to begin running again. Once I am cleared to begin running on my own I am going to do the c25k. I would like to be able to do a 5k sometime after labor day. This is more an issue of rehab, but its still a goal.
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #54  
waisting away

This week I am going to see if posting more correlates with staying on plan more, and hopefully losing more.

Well, I just got back from the gym. I am trying to get into the habit of going 5 days each week. So far this week I have gone twice, Monday and today. Tuesday rained hard all day, so going anywhere wasn't the safest idea. I would like to find an at home routine that I could do for days like that. The only problem is, right now, with my ankle, most workout videos are out of the question. I have the 30ds, which I intend on starting again once my ankle allows.

I have done well on my diet so far today. I did have one cookie, but it was only one. Also, I adjusted the rest of my meals to allow for those calories. In the end, it shouldn't matter. I have felt very balanced in my diet today. Tonight I am going to make myself a big home made salad and then a good fruit smoothie for dessert.

I weighed myself today. I normally stay on track better with daily weighings. I know that there are normal fluctuations, and I don't let those bother me. Today, I was down .2 from yesterday. I know its not huge, but it is encouraging since I didn't lose this week. Hopefully it wasn't a fluke. I am going to stay on track and hopefully that .2 will grow to be an even bigger loss.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:48 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

Thumbs up I can do it

I am new to this forum and I would like to lose 30 lbs by Labor Day. I know I am a little late starting but I have lost 10 lbs in the last 3 weeks. I am going to step in up and go hard core South Beach style. I am running 2 miles every other day. Good Luck everyone
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:49 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 233/233/175

Height: 5ft7

how can you attach your ticker factory?
Blondie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #57  
waisting away

Blondie- Welcome! After you have been a member long enough and have enough posts, then you are permitted a signature. I'm not sure about the numbers but I believe it is two weeks and 20 posts.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:13 PM   #58  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone, I just made an addition to my exercise routine. I had ordered a new wii game last week and it game in today, EA Sports Active. I love it. I started the 30 Day Challenge today and can't wait to see if it'll make a difference. I also did very good with eating. I ate around 1250 calories, and burned off a little over 300, so net calories are a little under 1000. Hoping to keep this up because bridesmaid dresses just came in for my cousins wedding and I need to get fitted in about 2 weeks. The wedding is in August though, so I'm sure I lose more before the wedding so I'm hoping my grandma's friend will be able to do a last minute fitting. Well, hope ya'll had a great day!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 01:56 AM   #59  

Hi Ladies!

I know this is a late post, but I just got back from an evening class and instead of looking for a late night treat- I came and posted here!

Fatpants & gator- who hoo! you girls are going to complete your 5k with ease!!! Those are great goals!

Zoochick- awesome net calories today, wii sounds like so much fun! I really need to get one soon!

Blondie - a big welcome to you! You will find a lot of encouragment and support from all of the ladies here- to attach your ticker from ticker factory, copy the html code and past it under your signature. You can get to your signature by going to the user cp in the toolbar on top of the page.

Taking Charge- very nice goal, sometimes its just the simple things like self confidence that makes this journey so important

Dollypie- a swimsuit is always a great motivation, and best wishes on a future little one for you and your husband!

__________________________________________________ ___

Ok so here is my today:

Today has been an ongoing 14 hour day without rest, so didn't get time today to exercise- but I made sure to cut down on my calories and carbs today in anticipation of that. I plan to work out in the morning and evening tomorrow. Here is my totals:

Consumed: 991 • Burned: 0
Net calories: 991

Food Item Servings Cals
Scrambled Eggs 2.00 140
The Daily Plate Generic Calorie 90.00 90
Jennie O Turkey Sausage Links 1.00 140
Snyder Pretzels 1.00 110
El Pollo Loco Flame-Grilled Chicken Leg 2.00 162
El Pollo Loco Loco Salad 1.00 169
CVS Gold Emblem Fruit And Nut Trail Mix 1.00 130
The Daily Plate Generic Calorie 50.00 50
Totals: 991

- by the way, I use the daily plate to log in all of my food and exercise, then I copy it here. It is a great site and its free to join: thedailyplate.com

Good Night and Have a Healthy Tommorow!

Last edited by leantoinette; 05-28-2009 at 01:58 AM.
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 08:50 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default September goal

Hi everyone,

Just checking in mid-week. Congrats to everyone on a good week; seems like we're all keeping our heads on straight and trying to make good choices. Last night was a tough one -- an old family friend was in town and took me to the swankiest restaurant in town which is my absolute favorite restaurant. The food was SO good. I had made good choices throughout the day so overall I ended coming in at around 2,000 calories for the day. My caloric targets are usually around 1,700 to 2,000 but I usually burn about 2,500 to 3,000.

I am not familiar with dailyplate.com, but I use fitday.com if you are not familiar with it. It also tracks exercise and calories. I like the goal helping functions, too.

This week's question -- hmmm, a tough one. My natural instinct is to say two U2 concerts in a row at Gilette Stadium in Boston...the concert dates are actually my goal date, not Labor Day. But I am a psycho fan and would have gone to the concert if I weighed 1,200 lbs!

Maybe better to set my goal as the half marathon in October...still too soon to tell whether my old running injuries will kick in too much to allow it, but I like the idea of having some accountability for that plan! I can always change it later on.

Off to try the cardiokickboxing and ball class at the gym I joined. I am loving this time off before my internship starts next week.

Happy Thursday everyone!
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote