Old 05-21-2009, 11:32 PM   #31  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Taking charge- Welcome! We are glad to have you. You are going to look great in that summer dress!

Today I had a bit of a slip up. I had a pizza for lunch. My mom ate one piece but other than that I ate a whole 10inch pizza. ugh. Why do I make bad decisions? After lunch I went out to the pool. I saw all the skinny beach babe and re-decided that I HAVE to make good decisions and stick to my diet. My family went to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I was certain that there was no way I would find a good meal on my diet. It turns out that they have a whole weight management section that all the meals are under 590 calories. I had a WONDERFUL spicy chicken salad. I would recommend the restaurant.

How do you all stay on track? What motivation do you each use to avoid slip ups?
gatorgirl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:17 AM   #32  

Welcome takingcharge! This challenge is great timing for you- it ends on your birthday week! Super motivating

Gator- great choice at cheesecake factory- that restaurant can be so dangerous (one slice of cheesecake is like 1500 calories!!!) but it is awesome that you made a healthy (and tasty) choice!

Today has been a lazy day for me, no gym but I kept my calories in check (estimating at about 1000 calories). I need to start strength training in order to build my strengh. For me, I think slip ups are inevitable- they happen to everyone but its how you respond to it after is what is really important.

When I used to attend WW meetings my leader said this to us: " When you get a flat tire on your car, do you get out of the car and puncture the remaining tires you have left? No you get that tire fixed and move on!". Diets should be viewed in the same way- if we slip up don't get discouraged and go down a negative/hopeless feeling path. Just accept that we are all human, make mistakes, and move forward in a healthy way. My motivation is def. this challenge and how I want to the rest of my life- healthy, slim, and happy!

Last edited by leantoinette; 05-22-2009 at 12:18 AM.
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 12:50 PM   #33  
Hottie Seeking Escape

S/C/G: 197/186/147

Height: 5'8

Ok so I toooooootally want to join in! My hubby and I are on a mission to lose 40 lbs by his 40th birthday in December....we weigh in on Saturday mornings, but weighing in again on Monday's will help keep me accountable over the weekend that is for sure!!

A little about me. I joined 3FC a while back, but can't remember my password anymore so I started a new username. My highest ever was 198lbs, two days before I gave birth to my daughter. 3 years after she was born, I weighed in at 197.4 (SAY WHAT!!??!?!?!) Yep, no baby in belly and crazy out of control! So when my hubby and I decided to really get serious about losing these pounds(this was just 5 weeks ago), I was 194.4. Monday I weighed in at 190.4 and this morning I was 187.4. So I'm down 10lbs from my highest weight, and 7 pounds since I started counting calories ( I have since switched to counting points). I'm hoping to lost at least another 27.4 lbs by Labor day!!

I hate hate hate shorts, so I won't be wearing them, but if I reach my goal by 9/7/09, I will buy myself a nice shirt and tanktop!! That would be fun!

SW:190.4 (May 18th 2009)
GW:160.0

May 18: 190.4
May 25:
May 30:
June 1:
June 8:
June 15:
June 22:
June 29:
July 6:
July 13:
July 20:
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
ShanesLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the welcome! This seems like a great group of people and I'm excited to take part! A little more about me...I'm 23, finishing up my first year of med school, so I'll have the summer to exercise all I want without feeling guilty for not studying! Woohoo! I know this isn't necessarily a "support" forum, but have you guys found this journey to be insanely emotional? I got home from spinning today and just started sobbing! Yesterday was my first really frustrating/bad day in the past 6 weeks and I guess all the calorie counting/busting my butt has caught up with me. I'm feeling a little better now and I know this is a long process with ups and downs, but man, I wish I could just wake up tomorrow and be at my goal! Though the journey is just as important as the destination right? That's what I'll keep telling myself...haha!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:13 PM   #35  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi!! (Haney, I'm not stalking you, I swear! ) I'd love to join this thread! I'm just finishing up the Memorial Day Challenge (2 lbs away from goal) and joined the 4th of July Challenge, but I'm always up for another one!

My goal is to be down 20 lbs to 165 by Labor Day. That's just over a lb a week so I think it's doable. Also, I run my first 5k on Sept 13th so I'm aiming to weigh as little as possible LOL.

SW: 185 (5/22/09 start)
CW: 183
GW: 165

My plan is pretty general... eat around 1300 cals, run 3-4x a week, yadda yadda.

Good luck, everyone!

ETA: A little about me. I just turned 27, married with no kids, work full time. I've been overweight for most of my life, ballooned up to 200 lbs after I got married 2 1/2 years ago. I sit on my butt all day in front of a computer at work, and was never really physically active until I just decided earlier this year that I was going to run a 5k. So I've been running for 3 months now.. it is AWESOME. I never thought I would be someone who liked to run, but I am. So I'm always looking to talk to other runners!

Last edited by Fat Pants; 06-01-2009 at 08:16 AM.
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 02:25 PM   #36  

Late joiner here - I was looking for a longer term challenge to join. I did weigh in last Monday at 217, and my goal is to be in Onderland by Labor Day! That comes out to about one pound a week which seems totally doable. My parents are going to come visit me in the fall and the last time they saw me I was at about 237. They don't know I've been losing weight so I can't wait to surprise them! I'm going to be out of town taking a course for most of July, so I'd love to be at 210 by the beginning of July to jumpstart me since I'll be out of my routine for almost a whole month.

Steps I'm taking:
1) lifting weights twice a week (I'm on my way to the gym after I type this!)
2) aerobic exercise 4-5 days a week (brisk walking for an hour, or elliptical or dance class if it's too hot and sunny to walk outside)
3) not eating after 6:30 pm
4) limiting carbs (trying to pretty much cut out sugar) and only have whole grain bread or pasta. Especially trying to limit carbs at dinner.

We can do it!!!
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:05 AM   #37  
waisting away

Shanes, Pants, Blue - Welcome! We are glad you decided to join us!

I have not been keeping up very well these last couple days and I need to recommit. I have been letting myself not go to the gym and cheat on diet. I am now home from vacation and need to be more strict. I feel like once I get into a routine, it will get a little easier. I know I want to lose this weight, I just need to do it. I can do it. (I think I need a good pep talk... lol)
Tomorrows weigh in is not going to be great for me, but I need to get past it and move on.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:08 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Weekly weigh in

Good morning everyone and welcome to the new members!

Nice to have a regular working scale so I can be in the routine of a weekly weigh in and I think I may be the first one to do it this week. I'm pleased to report that I'm down to 172.6! It's actually a bit too steep of a decline from when I registered my "SW" on Thursday at 176.2. But I attribute the 3.6 lbs to two things: 1) I had a feeling that the SW was a bit artifically high -- I weighed in the middle of the day and I suspect there was some weird bloating thing happening and 2) I really have been very good about getting my butt back in the gym and trying to watch my calories this week. I suppose that after weeks of sitting, studying, and eating whatever I wanted whenever I wanted it shouldn't come as a suprise that I had a lot of water weight to lose quickly in the first week!

Next week I hope to shoot for a more reasonable 1.5-2 lb loss.

Pants - I'm a runner, too! I look forward to sharing tips and successes. I have been a runner (a SLOW runner) off and on for years. I'm registered for a 10K later this summer but have a lot of work to get ready for it. If it goes well then I may train for a 1/2 marathon in October. We'll see. I did a marathon training program several years ago but it was very hard on my body. I finished that sucker though -- walking most of it and claiming my medal at 8 hours and 15 minutes! I thought I'd never walk again.

Hope everyone has a great week! I'm looking forward to another week off before I start my summer internship!

Kim

SW: 176.2
5/25: 172.6

Last edited by kpme; 05-25-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: date change
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 11:10 AM   #39  

Good Morning Ladies and Happy Memorial Day!

A big welcome to the new members: Fatpants and Blueridge! Good luck on your first weigh in!

I hate to report this- but I actually gained weight this week! Ahh! What was upsetting was that I was monitoring what I ate and exercised almost everyday. But I plan to stay accountable - I am going to start tracking WW points, post my meals and not just the totals, and dedicate to work out at least an hour every day- I feel very motivated to lose the weight.

gator- I am right there with you on needing to recommit. You can totally achieve this and you have all of our support!

Kpme- so far you are the biggest loser for the week! Congrats on the great weight loss, that is an amazing start!

I will be posting todays intake a bit later- have a great & healthy holiday!
leantoinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:15 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Hey all! Hope everyone had a great week! The past 2 weeks have been a little rough for me, in the weight loss department, but I didn't slip up at all and am happy to report a loss!

SW: 147.4 (5/21/09)
5/25/09: 145.8 - officially -10lbs from where I started on 4/7!

leantoinette - keep up the good work! My emotions have been so up and down these past few weeks, knowing I was doing my best but not losing any weight, but just push past that and remember you're doing this to better your whole self, not just that number on the scale!

kpme and fat pants - I love running too! I'm planning to do a 5K this summer and yesterday I finally reached 3.2mi on the treadmill (34min)! Unfortunately, my shin splints don't love running as much as the rest of me does, so I can only do it like 2x a week. I'm hoping I can improve my endurance with other exercise and make it through that 5K.

Happy Memorial Day!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:39 PM   #41  
Day 1 back on plan...

S/C/G: 244/tickers/175

A little bit of a loss to report. CW 228.4 thats a 0.8 loss from last week
Losing4another is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 02:12 PM   #42  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

just checking in for the weekly weigh-in! Surviving the holiday weekend so far with some weight loss.. that's a first for me!

SW: 185.8
CW: 184.4
GW: 165

I am trying to go to 4-5 meals a day, so we'll see how that goes once I get back into the work week tomorrow. Right now I'm aiming for 1300 calories a day. DH and I went running this morning and I ran the farthest/longest I've ever run without stopping! (1.65 miles/25 minutes) Very excited!!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 03:38 PM   #43  
waisting away

Well, I am happy to report that I did not gain on vacation, but I didn't lose either. Today has been great diet wise and I'm off to the gym right now. I am going to start posting more often to help keep my on track. I predict a loss next week.

SW:179.2 (May10)
GW:149.2

May 18: 176.6
May 25: 176.6
May 30:
June 1:
June 8:
June 15:
June 22:
June 29:
July 6:
July 13:
July 20:
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
Old 05-25-2009, 05:48 PM   #44  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone. I was surprised that I had a loss of 1.6 pounds this week. I did extremely bad on Thursday, and also haven't exercised since Wednesday. I did eat on plan during the weekend, so I guess that's what helped. Well here are my stats:

start: 168
May 18: 169.4
May 25: 167.6
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 09:51 AM   #45  
Goodbye Fat!

I would love to join if it is not too late! I really need to get back to living a healthy lifestyle and get this weight off. A little about myself: I am 30 and married with a wonderful 1 1/2 year old little girl. I have gained 50lbs since having my daughter. I used to exercise every day and eat healthy, but I think going back to work and having so many things to do each day, I let myself go. I really want to get myself back to where I used to be!

Starting Weight: 200
Goal Weight: 150
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote