Old 07-28-2009, 10:52 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 156/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Congrats on the losses everyone!

Fat Pants - I'm sorry that you're discouraged this week! I totally understand. That's exactly what led me to proclaim that I'm in maintenance. Then, I weigh myself today and I'm down 1.5lbs from yesterday!! After eating more this past week than I have in months! Lesson: our bodies are wacko! I also increased my mileage a few weeks ago, so I think your body needs a few weeks to adjust and then will process how much you're pushing yourself and the great work you're doing and will reward you. I know it's hard, but it's really helped me to focus on my running goals instead of the scale and I even hit 5 miles yesterday! Be so proud of what your body can do instead of beating yourself up over a few little lbs (as hard as that is!). If you're doing everything right, it WILL pay off. Just be nice to yourself in the meantime!
TakingCharge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #332  
Crazy runner

S/C/G: 213/131/maintaining

Height: 5'4.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingCharge View Post
Congrats on the losses everyone!

Fat Pants - I'm sorry that you're discouraged this week! I totally understand. That's exactly what led me to proclaim that I'm in maintenance. Then, I weigh myself today and I'm down 1.5lbs from yesterday!! After eating more this past week than I have in months! Lesson: our bodies are wacko! I also increased my mileage a few weeks ago, so I think your body needs a few weeks to adjust and then will process how much you're pushing yourself and the great work you're doing and will reward you. I know it's hard, but it's really helped me to focus on my running goals instead of the scale and I even hit 5 miles yesterday! Be so proud of what your body can do instead of beating yourself up over a few little lbs (as hard as that is!). If you're doing everything right, it WILL pay off. Just be nice to yourself in the meantime!
You are absolutely right! I tell other people that all the time - be proud of your running accomplishments, and the weight will come off eventually. I guess I just need to take my own advice. Our bodies ARE wacko - I should know this by now! I've told myself from the beginning that it didn't matter if I weighed 200 lbs or 130 lbs, I would become a runner... and I feel like I can finally make that claim, so I should focus on that!

Thanks for the pep talk!
Fat Pants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:44 PM   #333  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pants View Post
You are absolutely right! I tell other people that all the time - be proud of your running accomplishments, and the weight will come off eventually. I guess I just need to take my own advice. Our bodies ARE wacko - I should know this by now! I've told myself from the beginning that it didn't matter if I weighed 200 lbs or 130 lbs, I would become a runner... and I feel like I can finally make that claim, so I should focus on that!

Thanks for the pep talk!
Anytime! Sometimes the hardest thing is taking your own advice. You ARE a runner, an awesome one at that. Woohoo!!!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:17 PM   #334  
Crazy runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakingCharge View Post
Anytime! Sometimes the hardest thing is taking your own advice. You ARE a runner, an awesome one at that. Woohoo!!!
By the way, congratulations on hitting 5 miles!! That's quite an accomplishment!
Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #335  

S/C/G: 254/236.5/179

Height: 5'6

Fat Pants, you're doing great! You've probably hit one of those dreaded plateaus. Do you measure yourself, as well as weigh yourself? Although the scale is moving very slowly for me (as it always does), I can tell by my clothes that I'm better toned than I was a month ago, and I'm feeling stronger than I have in months.

Congrats, KP, on almost 3 pounds gone!

judy
judydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 01:48 AM   #336  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Pants View Post
By the way, congratulations on hitting 5 miles!! That's quite an accomplishment!
Thank you so much!
Old 07-30-2009, 12:00 AM   #337  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

woo hoo! i can finally edit my ticker again. down to 174.6. it hasnt been easy but i'm finally getting back into a routine.
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:09 AM   #338  

S/C/G: 206/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Good job, onestar - WTG!
dancerindenver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:09 AM   #339  
Crazy runner

Judyindc- thanks for the encouragement. I do measure myself monthly and that definitely helps.. I find that it kind of comes in spurts.. I'll lose inches, but not weight. And then weight, but not inches. The body is such a weird thing, isn't it?

I bit the bullet and ordered the foam roller for my knee...and then my ITB issues seem to have resolved themselves before the roller even arrived! Oh well - I'll have it if I ever need it again. I've been running 4 days this week and I feel pretty good every time I run... just trying to focus on the end goal which is becoming a runner. Weight loss is just a really nice side effect.

So here's my weekly weigh in..

SW: 185
CW: 171.8 (alright, the scale finally cooperated!)
GW: 165

Just over 7 weeks left!!
Old 08-01-2009, 10:53 AM   #340  

Fatpants - like your attitude!
I'm heading out for a run before it gets too hot. I'm pretty psyched to have maintained through the craziness of TOM and traveling for work all week. Now back to the business of losing. Hope all are doing well!
Old 08-03-2009, 06:14 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/145

Height: 5' 2"

Default Big week!

Good morning all! Lots of great news to report this a.m.

Still at the oceanside housesitting house, but found their scale and am thrilled to report a "woosh" at 2.2 lbs bringing me to 165. Not quite the same as my own scale, but it's pretty high end like everything else in this place so it's probably pretty accurate. When you enter your weight into fitday it tracks it along with your goal, and I'm psyched this brought me back into alignment with the "schedule" as I had gotten a bit behind where I should have been to make goal.

Ran my 10K race on Saturday and did awesome! Shaved 3 minutes off my time from last year. When you run as slow as I do, it's easy to take off so much time!!! But I felt awesome and really kicked it into gear for the last 1/2 mile because I thought I had a chance of hitting my goal of coming in under 1:10 and I did at 1:09! It's awesome to think that at the beginning of the summer I probably couldn't have run 2 miles. I'm pretty proud.

I'm feeling totally crazed about some work, law school, and travel stuff so it's nice to start Monday morning knowing that I've got something under control!

Here's to some other mini-wooshes, I hope!
kp
kpme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 09:26 AM   #342  

kpme - way to go - you are doing great!

No big news on my end as I was traveling for work all week so maintaining was basically the goal. I'm going to try to kick it up a notch this week and make my goal for next Monday. Hope you guys have lots of good news to report!

June 8:190: 190
June 15:188: 189
June 22:188: 188
June 29:186: 187
July 6:184: 184
July 13:182: 181
July 20:182: 179
July 27:180: 178
Aug 3:178: 178
Aug 10:176
Aug 17:176
Aug 24:174
Aug 31:172

LABOR DAY Sept 7: 170
Old 08-03-2009, 09:50 AM   #343  

Wow kpme, way to go! That's awesome!

Dancer - good job maintaining!

Don't have much time, as today is my first day back to med school (year 2!). As it turns out, maintenance is pretty hard! I went way overboard on my calories this weekend and while I was at normal weight yesterday, I'm up today! Maybe because of a ton of sodium yesterday (can we say canned soup?), but maybe not. I need to get myself back on track and will be scaling the calories back before I go too far!

I forgot to copy my weight/date list from last week, but last week I was 137.6 and this week I'm 139!! Ah! That's my scary number. Never wanna see that again!!

Have a good day everyone!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #344  
yes girl

S/C/G: 201.4/179.8/130

Height: 5'0"

i'm on a roll ladies.........

sw: 180.4
gw: 160

June 15: 180.4
June 22: 179.8
June 29: 176.4
July 6: 175.4
July 13: 175.4
July 20: 177.6 bummer!!!!
July 27: 175.8....i can see it's time to step up my game
Aug 3: 173.8 yay!
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY SEPT. 7:
onestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM   #345  

Hi everybody - I'm back, after another lengthy absence. After a whirlwind last few days in Boston, I am back in Virginia, looking out my office window at my beloved Blue Ridge Mountains. Boston was just incredible - so many great experiences, friends, adventures, blessings. That said, I was so focused on just enjoying myself there that particularly in the last two weeks I just really chucked the whole diet and exercise thing, and let it slip from my priority list. Ended up having wine pretty much every night, and dessert often, and besides walking to get around not really exercising. So I stepped on the scale and braced myself - thinking, hey, if I have gained 5 pounds in Boston, it's not the end of the world. I've had so much fun and it's been such a great experience that it's worth it...

...that said, I got on the scale and it said 211! So I lost 1/2 pound during my month in Boston - basically maintained. I have absolutely no idea how that happened, but I'm grateful for it! And of course now that I am back in my routine, I certainly intend to get back to walking, weightlifting, not eating after 7 pm, and the other habits which have gotten me this far. Just wanted to share my good news. And it's great to hear about everyone's progress! My apologies for being away - life in Boston was just too exciting and fun for me to be online too often - but now that I'm back will try to touch base regularly. Probably not reasonable to think that I will get to onederland by labor day, but I am very content with my progress, and even if I can manage to lose a few pounds by labor day and be out of the 210's I'll be a happy camper.

Have a great day! One month to go.
blueridgegirl is offline   Reply With Quote