Sexy by Labor Day 2009 Challenge!

You're on Page 2 of 30
Go to
  • My Weigh in, a day early.
    Happy Sunday night everyone! I have had a successful week, Thankgoodness! I was getting pretty frustrated the last couple weeks with my weight loss. Took my mother in laws advice to do 3 days no carbs, and WHOA! It kicked my butt into fat burning action! So now I am commiting myself to a low carb/calorie shifing eating plan for 6 days a week, and at least 2 hours of excersize 6 days a week. Gotta have a Sunday Fun-Day, no excersize and eat whatever in moderation.

Glad to here everyone is doing well! Welcome to all the new peeps!

CW: 167.5
    GW: 130 & SEXY by Labor Day

May 17: 165
    May 25:
    May 30:

June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:

July 6:
    July 13:
    July 20:
    July 27:

Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
  • Thanks for this challenge, it fits perfect to what my personal goal is. Here are my stats:

CW: 225 (may 11th)
    GW: 188

May 18: 219
    May 25:
    May 30:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
    July 6:
    July 13:
    July 20:
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
  • Good morning,
    I am still waiting on my new scale from amazon, so I'm not really organized yet with my firm starting weight and goal weight, but I just weighed in on my old scale - 168. I remember it registering at 170 at some point before/during final exams, so I guess there is some progress there! My goal this week is to keep up with fitday and to revive my old morning yoga routine. I'd like both to feel like second nature when I start my summer internship in a few weeks.

Gator, sorry to hear you have an ankle injury, but how great for you that you're on vacation at the beach with your family. Vacations really are hard...the best advice I can offer is to try to strike a balance between treating yourself while you are on vacation and not pigging out and eating everything. Just remember that you are in control and you will feel better for having made some good choices than you will feel for making bad ones. Think of each decision individually instead of thinking of the entire week at once...it's easier to take things "one meal at a time." Good luck and enjoy your vacation!
  • The sun is great and the water is too. I am loving the beach. I can't wait till I'm one of these skinny beach babes!

SW:179.2 (May10)
    GW:149.2

May 18: 176.6
    May 25:
    May 30:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
    July 6:
    July 13:
    July 20:
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:
  • Hey everyone. Well I tried something new this week and apparently it doesn't work that well for me. I was finding that I was usually starving by dinner time, and I never eat snacks in between meals. So I figured I'd start eating healthy snacks in between meals (usually fruit) to try to curve the hunger a lil bit, and then cut back calories at dinner. Well I did this last week, in addition to 5 hrs. of exercise, and gained 1.4 lbs. So this week I will be going back to my old plan and see if I start losing again.

start: 168
    May 18: 169.4
  • Hi Everyone!

It looks like we are all off to a great start!

Gator- Who hoo you are off to a great weight loss start! I'm so glad that you enjoying your vacay, I can only imagine how beautiful it is! Pretty soon you will be one of those beach babes!

Zoochick- I'm sorry about the weight gain, but its good you pinpointed why it happened and your ready to change it up. We are all here for you for encouragement and support- because we have all been there too. Hope you have a successful and healthy week!

Kpme- don't worry, post your first weigh in when you get your scale and catch up to the group weigh-ins on Mondays. Yoga sounds amazing, great job on getting back into the exercise routine!

Grae- welcome! We love new members to the challenge! What type of eating plan and/or exercise plan are you using to hit your goal weight?

Haney- great job on your weight loss so far! You are doing amazing! keep up the great work! We are on similar plan, I'm trying to eat a lower carb diet and really amp up my exercise. But I decided to make a few changes at a time so I don't get too overwhelmed, so right now I'm counting calories and making sure to exercise everyday.

I thought it would be cool if we had a "question of the week" to help get to know each other better and keep us motivated- so the first question of the week is, "Come Labor Day 2009, what will you be wearing?"

For me, I want to be wearing a pair of shorts, a cute tank top, and some flip flops. I have not worn shorts in about 10 years! (and I'm 26 years old!). I have a pear shaped body so most of my weight is in my lower body, so I've never been comfortable about showing my legs- but by this labor day I am motivated and focused to get into some real cute shorts! Lol

Here are my totals for today:

Calories In- 1550
    Calories Out- 525 (1+ hours elliptical at gym)

= 1025 calories net
  • Hey guys I would love to join the challenge. I try to calorie count, eat more whole foods (working on that ) and I want to start really incorporating exercise. I had never known this but I just found out they have half triathlon! I could probably do that, and not die, maybe. So I am trying to devise a plan to "train" for a half or sprint triathlon by end of summer.

Plus my schooling (30's something mom going back to school) will get intense in the fall so I want to be further to my goal by then. My new job in 2 years will have me in front of people all the time, interpreting for the deaf, everyone seems to love watching the interpreter... so I want to be healthier!

Since I am just now joining, my goal and first weigh in will be the same, my goal is to lose 15 pounds, a little of a stretch for me but I will try!!!

SW: 185
    GW: 170 (big round numbers oooo)

May 18: 185 (0 down of course)
    May 25:
    May 30: (going to Hawaii-pray for me to resist temptation!)
  • I want to try this challenge. My goal for Labor day is to be in ONEderland Thats 30 pounds going by today's weight.
    SW:229.2 (May 19th 2009)
    GW:199.2

May 19: 229.2
    May 25: 228.4 (-0.8)
    May 30:
    June 1:
    June 8:
    June 15:
    June 22:
    June 29:
    July 6:
    July 13:
    July 20:
    July 27:
    Aug 3:
    Aug 10:
    Aug 17:
    Aug 24:
    Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:

"Come Labor Day 2009, what will you be wearing?" I don't know what I will be wearing but I hope it's at least two sizes less than the size I am now
  • Madison, I love the idea of a question of the week.

I will be wearing SEXY NEW JEANS. I desparately need a new pair of dark jeans and refuse to buy them right now. I plan to "treat" myself when I reach my goal!
  • "Come Labor Day 2009, what will you be wearing?" I have been saving here and there for the last year. Putting christmas money and birthday money and extra cash into a jar and I have saved up a makeover fund. I have about 500 for a whole new wardrobe and new hair do. My goal weight for this challenge is about 5lbs from my actual goal weight. Hopefully Ill be small enough that I'm healthy and happy. I would like to have a whole new wardrobe around Labor day time.
  • OH and I forgot, what will I be wearing on Labor day, hopefully cute shorts and a tank top, but this is Washington so it could be a parka
  • Welcome edzard and losing4another! You girls are starting the challenge just in time, hope you guys are off to a healthy week!

Kpme- jeans are always such a good motivation! Especially those skinny jeans with the stretch, they leave nothing to the imagination! Lol. Here is to yor future skinny jeans!

Gatorgirl- how exciting, a new wardrobe! That will be a super fun shopping spree and a great way to celebrate all that you have acheived- any particular stores in mind yet?

Ok here is my intake/outake for the day:

Calories In: 1374
    Calories Out: 450 (one hour elliptical)

Net Calories: 924

Have a good evening everyone!
  • Hi all, Excited that my new scale arrived today so now I have a consistent scale to set my SW/GW. Though I was a bit dismayed to see it registered 176! Especially because I've been super active this week with a return to the gym and a hiking trip yesterday....but I suppose I've also been doing lots of vacation-like things (baseball games...bbqs....) I am loving my vacation time but suspect things will be easier when I settle into my new summer internship routine in a few weeks! Hopefully there will be some progress on Monday!
  • Hey everyone! I know I'm coming a little late to the party, but I hope it's still ok for me to join! This challenge sounds like fun, and my birthday is Sept. 1st, so it's perfect!

A little info: I started this journey exactly 6 weeks ago and have lost 8 pounds (well, 9 yesterday but it's back up today...that's what I get for weighing every day!). I've been exercising usually 6x/week, alternating spinning, running and weight training. I've also been counting all of my calories (aiming for 1300-1500) and have been logging everything into dailyplate. For the first time in my life, I feel like I'm ready to change my lifestyle, forever. I'm so happy I found this site! It's been tremendously helpful and I look forward to going through all of the challenges and successes with all of you!

Ellie

SW: 147.4 (5/21/09)
    GW: 130 (by my birthday/labor day week!)

If it's not too late for me to join, I guess I'll just weigh in on Monday and post that! Thanks!
  • Oh, and on Labor day, I hope to be wearing a cute summer dress...in a size 6!! (I'm obsessed with the dancing produce!)