3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks up for a Challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge-159/)
-   -   Sexy by Labor Day 2009 Challenge! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-up-challenge/171582-sexy-labor-day-2009-challenge.html)

TakingCharge 06-15-2009 11:22 AM

Wow! So much good news from everyone this morning! Maybe there's something in the air? My scale has been moving down pretty quickly this week, almost to the point where I'm starting to think it's broken or is just playing tricks on me. The past 5 days have each brought atleast a .6lb loss - does that happen to anyone or is this some weird fluke?? The biggest change I've made is to stop eating by 9pm (3 hours before bedtime) so maybe my body has been really happy about that. Who knows? Anyway, down 2.8 this week and soooo close to the 130's! Here's to pulling a fatpants and getting into the next decade (congrats!!). Have a good Monday!

5/21/09(SW): 147.4
5/25/09: 145.8
5/31/09: 144.6
6/8/09: 143.6
6/15/09 140.8 (for a total of -15lbs!)

blueridgegirl 06-15-2009 12:42 PM

Hi everybody,

Great to hear everybody's good news!!! Fatpants, congrats on getting into a new decade of numbers - that is a huge step.

I am at 215.0, which is actually a .5 pound gain, but since I've had crazy bloating issues going on, I am not surprised or disappointed. I was actually worried that it was going to be worse.

I just got out my calendar and did some counting, and in order to stay on track and get to onederland by labor day, I need to average about 1.2-1.5 pound loss a week. I'm seeing the endocrinologist this afternoon, and hopefully will be able to get some good advice from him re the side effects of bloating from my metformin, and then I am pumped to have a really good week and stay on track. I want this the be the week when I make my first mini-goal of 10%! I do want to focus on following more closely the insulin resistance diet plan of having no more than 30 carbs at a sitting, and balancing it with protein. This past week I only made it to the gym to lift weights once, but this week I'm committed to getting back on my 3x/week goal of strength training.

I am encouraged by everybody's successes. Keep up the great work everybody!

gatorgirl6 06-15-2009 02:35 PM

SW:179.2 (May10)
GW:149.2

May 18: 176.6
May 25: 176.6
June 1: 175.6
June 8: 173.8
June 15: 172.6 (-1.2)

I had a pretty good loss, but I am going to have to confirm it tomorrow. This week I am going to try counting calories. I joined mydailyplate and I will see how that works out for me. I can tell that I am not getting all the calories I need. I have only had about 50 today. That was 2 cups of watermelon for breakfast. I am going to have a banana now, go to the gym, and then have lunch. I am interested in seeing how counting this week affects the scale. I am going to the keys on thursday, so counting calories should be a great way to stay on track while on vacation. I will still check in every day and I am getting a month gym membership down there so that I can stay active. I am going to change my workouts this week as well. My physical therapist gave me some advice so that my ankle will come along a little faster. I hope it works. Have a great week everyone!

DawnSC 06-15-2009 02:43 PM

Is it too late to start participating in this challenge? I'm a newbie to this site, but I'm always up for a challenge and NEED someone to keep me accountable!

I have lost 20 pounds since October and want to lose an additional 25 before Labor Day!

gatorgirl6 06-15-2009 05:28 PM

Welcome Dawn! You will find that the people on this site are great with motivation, advice and accountability. We'd love to have you in our little challenge. We do weigh ins every Monday, but there are no real strict rules. Great job on the weight loss already, and great goal for labor day.

kpme 06-15-2009 07:52 PM

Congrats!

Hey everyone, great to see such good news. Very motivating! I just got my BUTT kicked at a class called Body Blast if any of you have it at your gym. It was free weights for an hour. Ouch.:devil:

Keep it up ladies, we can do this!

gatorgirl6 06-15-2009 09:40 PM

Well, I calculated that I need to eat between 1200 and 1400 calories each day. I ate breakfast, a snack, lunch, and dinner, but I only got to 850 calories. I ate good food. Veggies, fruit, lean meats. I don't want to over eat and I don't want to eat things with high calories just for the numbers, but it seems like I am not getting enough calories. Should I continue this eating healthy and not counting the calories? or Should I try to get more calories? If the latter, than how? What foods?

onestar 06-15-2009 10:43 PM

ok, i want to join. it's been a while since i've joined a challenge. maybe this is what i need.

sw: 180.4
gw: 160

June 15: 180.4
June 22:
June 29:
July 6:
July 13:
July 20:
July 27:
Aug 3:
Aug 10:
Aug 17:
Aug 24:
Aug 31:

LABOR DAY Sept 7:

dancerindenver 06-15-2009 10:51 PM

Welcome Dawn and onestar! Glad you're joining us!
Gatorgirl - you've been doing so well without counting calories that I don't know what the right decision is for you - that's a tough one. Lots of other posters think that getting too few calories (say, under 1200) puts your body in more of a starvation mode which would be a concern. How would you feel about adding a few healthy fats like avocados, almonds or olive oil to make up some of calorie gap?

dancerindenver 06-15-2009 10:52 PM

Oops - I forgot to add congrats to takingcharge and a bunch of others - you guys are making great progress - who-hoo!!

TakingCharge 06-15-2009 11:10 PM

Thanks dancer, and congrats to you too!

Gatorgirl - I would suggest keeping up with thedailyplate. Only 850 calories? That seems awfully low for a whole day! I would try to stick with at least 1200, which you can easily do by adding peanut butter, a handful of almonds, tbl of olive oil, an extra piece of fruit, etc. Maybe you can add in a snack between lunch and dinner? I usually have 2! At any rate, I think its a good idea to track all of your food. It really makes it hard to take little bites here and there because you know you're accountable for every little handful. Good luck!

gatorgirl6 06-16-2009 09:16 AM

Thanks for the advice everyone! I had a larger breakfast today (oatmeal and a special k bar). Hopefully that will help boost my calories. I think my problem is that I am eating mainly fruits and veggies, which isn't really a problem, but they don't pack a lot of calories. For instance dinner last night consisted of a pork loin chop cooked in a pan and about 4 cups of zuccini, sliced and cooked in a pan. There was a TON of food and none of it was cooked with oil. It tasted SO good, but it was very low in calories. Also through out the day I had watermelon and a banana and a southwestern chicken wrap for lunch. Its not that I'm not getting enough food, but they are all so low in calories. Anywho, I am going to use the daily plate for at least a week. I am going to try to make it to 1200-1400 cal, but I'm not going to eat things just for the calories. Hope it works. Ill let you know my progress.

Thanks!

Tracy 06-16-2009 11:31 AM

I am not getting weighed till Fri. But, on plan!:goodluck: to everyone.
Persistance Not Perfection

blueridgegirl 06-16-2009 11:40 AM

Gator - well, it's a good problem to have. It seems like you are feeling satiated with what you are eating. I agree that if you can bring in a few more calories to get up to 1200 with healthy fats and proteins and whole grains, that would be good. I know that I have in the past sabotaged myself by not eating enough at times.

Welcome Dawn and Onestar - good to have you here.

My update for today: my endocrinologist was very pleased with my 20 pound weight loss and recommended that I spread out my metformin, taking one at every meal, and perhaps one with an afternoon snack. Before I was having two in the morning and two with dinner. So I'm going to give that a try and see if it helps with bloating. I also had blood taken and they are going to check my thyroid (I take levoxyl b/c I have an underactive thyroid) to see what my levels are like. That's always good to know since thyroid controls metabolism and if my 'engine' is burning calories like it should than it almost doesn't matter what I do in terms of food or exercise, I can't lose weight.

Have been doing well so far today - had a piece of toast, an egg, and banana for breakfast. going to go have lunch than head to the gym. My goal for this week is to write down everything I eat so that I really am accountable. I'm not on my computer enough to do fitday or a program like that, but even just writing it in my agenda can help.

Have a great day everybody!

Dumplin 06-16-2009 03:17 PM

Hello girls! I am all in for the getting sexy by Labor Day. I need to stay focused and keep in touch with you all . I think I will find some motivation with you ladies. Hope I can get in here with you ladies. Let's Get Sexy!!!!