Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #46  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

I had a pretty good day - not perfect, but not bad. Stayed within my calories, exercised, set some time aside for crocheting my blanket, and going for a walk and some girltalk with my best friend. Drank almost enough water.

I need to remind myself of my motto more throughout the day, especially when I am stressed or having a hard time. This will lead to endurance, character, and HOPE!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:59 AM   #47  

Day 1... Stayed basically within calories, might have went over slightly but it is Friday. Got in 1 hour of exercise today and met my water goal.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:26 AM   #48  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

stoopid computer posted twice...

Last edited by Koshinogi; 05-02-2009 at 03:27 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:27 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi, My name is Bev, I am 27 (28 Sept), I am Head Veterinary Nurse and Practice Manager in a vet hospital in the north east of england, I have been married almost 5 years and will be coming to the USA (as we always do) for our holidays over our anniversary in October, so looking at losing a lot of weight by then. I have been on my new regime since January 1st and lost 20lbs to date.

#1. Plan. I am calorie counting and will be sticking to 1200 calories per day week days and 1400 weekends.

#2. EXERCISE. I have a 2hour archery lesson once a week which is tough, and also will be using 30ds, 2 other Jillian dvds that are mean, and billy blanks ab bootcamp. I eill be walking and hopefully by the end of it jogging.

#3. Relaxation - bubble bath with a good book. Maybe a nice cup of tea.

#4. Water - I am really struggling but my plan is to try for 1litre water and 1litre of dilute water in sugar free.

#5. Declutter, Ok I will give it a go and try that FlyLady thing.

#6. Pamper/Grooming. I will have a manacure and also do mini facials each week. I need a good moisturiser, any suggestions.

#7. Extra area to work on. Thinking about me and hubby and not work, I'm spending too much time there I need to re-arrange.

#8. If you want it you gotta work for it!!!! - I think Jillian said this one.

#9. Goals. I want to lose 7lbs this will take me to the 170's too so 2 goals.

#10. REWARD. My reward will be a new top or some perfume.

Beginning Stats
Weight - 186lbs

Bust - 38 inches
Waist - 32 inches
Hips - 39 inches
Arms - R 13 inches, L 13 inches
Thighs - R 26 inches, L 26 inches
Calves - R 17 inches, L 17 inches

Goal Weight 179lbs

good luck everyone
Old 05-02-2009, 08:49 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 153/148/140

Height: 5'7

Hi!
Day 1 went great.. OP with my food and I took a walk as my exercise for the day.. Had a lot of work so I was tired.
Today I'm gonna do some strength workouts at home. After that I'll do my weekly Home-Spa
Old 05-02-2009, 08:52 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Hi! My name is Mary. I am a 43 yo mom of three: ds(25), dd (19), dd (17) and grandmom to a 21 month old gd. I have been married for 21 years to a wonderful man. Weight has always been an issue in my life. I was a fat kid, lost a lot of weight as a teenager with diet pills. But gained a lot with each preg and had a hard time losing it. So I have spent most of my adult life on one diet or another. My mom was morbidly obese, I have a brother who is over 500 lbs. and a sister who was over 300 lbs until she had wls. She is now at a normal weight. In January I got sick and tired of wishing I could be thin and decided to do it the sensible way of counting calories and working out. I have lost 10 lbs so far but hit a roadblock about a month ago and can't seem to get back on the wagon. That all ends today. I am recommitting to myself to continue on this new lifestyle.

Here is my plan:

#1 - I count calories-1500 per day and eat about 90% of that in whole foods. I write everything down in a notebook and I also keep track thru my sensewear.

#2 -1 hour of cardio 4 days per week, 1/2 hr of cardio 2 days per week & 2 hrs of strength training using bowflex and free weights.

#3 - gardening and reading are my outlets for stress.

#4 - At least 80 oz of water per day

#5 - Clean out the pantry of candy and salty foods.

#6 - French pedicure each month.

#7 - Organizing my dh business office.

#8 - Just do it!

#9 -May Goals:
(1) lose 6 lbs
(2) lose 7 inches
(3) run for 15 mins straight
(4) To write down every morsel that goes into my mouth

#10 - Once I lose the 6 lbs. I will buy a new bathing suit for summer.

Where do I post my weight and measurements?

Have a good one!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 08:58 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 199/160/149

Height: 5.5

Oops I just realized there was a sign up thread that is now locked. Is it too late to join?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

maryshady - it is not too late to join!

I just finished my hour long walk this morning...I actually got to walk outside cause I got up before the rain got started!!! YAY!!1

Bev - I soooo would love to visit England and several other places over there.... I will have to ask you a million questions....LOL
Old 05-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #54  
live, laugh, love

S/C/G: 265/202/160

Height: 5'5

Day 1 went wonderful..stayed on plan, and exercised, and drank all my water...but today is going to be a tough one. tonight we have a Gala to go to, i have no control over the menu, its 5 coarses, and a diffrent glass of wine with each coarse..so this morning i had a protien shake, and think i will for lunch to, and going to do extra cardio..and im going to try really hard tonight to only eat the good stuff..but its going to be tough.

have a great day everyone
Old 05-02-2009, 10:31 AM   #55  
no more hiding

S/C/G: 296/215/160

Height: 5' 5"

Day one was good for me. I have been walking at the park where it is flat for several weeks. Yesterday I decided to tackle my own street, which is a bit of a hill. The first cross street is .2 miles total down and back from my house, I walked that with my 13 yr old. I was winded but fine. Then a bit later with my 11 yrold I decided to try for the next cross street which is .6 miles total from my house and I did it fine! To some of you that might sound pitiful, but for me it was great progress as I had been very sick for several months and even getting out of bed was hard- to walk over a half mile is amazing to me. I have already been walking this morning and walked the .6 again and told my other son I will do it again with him.

Lori
Old 05-02-2009, 11:49 AM   #56  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

So far so good...for both days
Stayed within calorie range
Did all my exercises...actually more then I had planned today

Not sure how often or how much info, if at all we are supposed to post how we are doing...but I'm feeling good about this!!!
Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2behealthy View Post
The first cross street is .2 miles total down and back from my house, I walked that with my 13 yr old. I was winded but fine. Then a bit later with my 11 yrold I decided to try for the next cross street which is .6 miles total from my house and I did it fine! I have already been walking this morning and walked the .6 again and told my other son I will do it again with him.

Lori
I am SO proud of you just keep doing it and every day will get easier. Let's see how far you are walking by the end of the summer..I can't wait to "see" you go far!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianangel View Post
tonight we have a Gala to go to, i have no control over the menu, its 5 coarses, and a diffrent glass of wine with each coarse..
Can you eat something littel before you go so you aren't really hungry and then just eat a certain number of bites off each plate? That way you can have whatever looks good but limited portion..and maybe just a small sip or two of each wine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
I just finished my hour long walk this morning...I actually got to walk outside cause I got up before the rain got started!!! YAY!!1
Good Job!
Old 05-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacque9999 View Post
So far so good...for both days
Stayed within calorie range
Did all my exercises...actually more then I had planned today

Not sure how often or how much info, if at all we are supposed to post how we are doing...but I'm feeling good about this!!!
Post anything you want to! I think it is great for you to post every detail if you like.....you may help someone out...they could read what you are doing and you may give them a good idea.....and even if no one reads it at all it is still kind of neat to look at your accomplisments in black and white (or what ever color you post them in )

And I think when people are working hard and they come here and posts their accomplishments it makes others want to work hard....I think that is why we all usually go through slumps at the same time...cause we are all here talking about our slumps...LOL

Congrats on a good day 1
Old 05-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #59  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Hi Bootcampers. From the posts, it looks like we're starting out on the right foot! Yay!

Yesterday was a good day. I stayed within my calories for the day and did my hour on the treadmill. The hour was tough as my legs are very achey and fatigued. My menu was rather delicious. I must confess that I forgot my committment to get out of my jammies every day and I forgot to drink my water.

Today is housecleaning day and my day off for exercise. I have my menu planned and will be keeping my water bottle handy.

Have a great on-plan day!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:45 PM   #60  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Post anything you want to! I think it is great for you to post every detail if you like.....you may help someone out...they could read what you are doing and you may give them a good idea.....and even if no one reads it at all it is still kind of neat to look at your accomplisments in black and white (or what ever color you post them in )

And I think when people are working hard and they come here and posts their accomplishments it makes others want to work hard....I think that is why we all usually go through slumps at the same time...cause we are all here talking about our slumps...LOL

Congrats on a good day 1
Thanks for clarifying!!! And thanks for the congrats!! I will post more when I feel it...and I DO hope I DO help someone as I feel like I have already been helped from these message boards.
Closed Thread