Old 04-29-2009, 12:26 PM   #1  

Default May Weight Loss Challenge

Hi ladiesssssssssss

Well here we are, fast approaching our new month! Though we still have a few days left to April and still focusing on that, I am excited about our new month together! You all have made this journey so much more fun and I hope we continue, as a team, into our new month together Everyone is welcome, so please feel free to join us.

You know the drill girls! Just state your goal, whether it be a loss in pounds, inches, size, or even an intangible feeling! THe sky is the limit! You need not state your weight if you feel uncomfortable......just your goal, even if that goal is to maintain or whatever the case may be.

Our primary purpose in this thread has always been to support one another despite goal variations, etc. etc. and I look forward to our new month together. It is a fresh start for us all and a great time to renew and/or reinstate our own personal goals and plans

Okay ladies, I am shooting for 8-10 again. I would be thrilled with 8!. I plan to start the SBD on Monday and thinking to, at least for now, do the phase 1 (2 weeks) and then take it from there. I have to run but talk soon girls
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Yay! Yay! Yay! The May thread! I'm excited for May because I just know I am going to finally get out of the "obese category"! My goal for May is again to shoot for losing 10 lbs! Plus. I am going to strength-train three times a week and walk 45 minutes every day. (Any extra exercise I might do will just be icing on the cake, but I do want to get that much exercise in for sure!)

And this is what our list of May participants looks like right now, lol:

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs; strength-train three times a week; walk 45 minutes every day
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:37 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon FullSteam Ahead
I would love to join. I've been looking at your forum for the last week and this seems right up my alley . I've been struggling alot lately and almost felt hopeless. I have stopped weighing myself and said that I wouldn't until May 1st and have a fresh approach again. So my May goal is to: Lose between 5-10 lbs and start getting my rear in gear . I can't wait

Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

You know I am in. I will post starting weight for tomorrow after WI.

My goals:
Wear any size 10
Lose 7 pounds
Keep working Flylady plan to my home in order
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:19 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 250/201/150

Hi ladies! I'm new at this but I'd like to jump in for 10 pounds for May and get my exercise in at least 4 times a week.

I'm just getting going with the exercise and live in the WAY in the country...no gym close by. I've been walking and doing some slight strength training but it's been raining for days and I've not been able to walk so hopefully the rain will end soon and I can get back on track!

Looking forward to this!!
tammyjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 02:40 PM   #6  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 160/Ticker/125

Default Goals, Goals, Goals

Weightloss goal is 1.5 - 2 lbs a week
Exercise goal is to stick with the program I have set up with my workout buddy
Other goals are to make sure my daughter starts (and sticks with) the boot camp we have signed up and paid for starting May 19th
Jacque9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:03 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

Though I failed last month, I still lost two pounds and learned alot about what to do and what not to do so I am on board for May!

My goal is to lose 7 pounds by June 1st. I'm hoping that this is managable.
Fitness goal: Training(Gym) twice a week and walking one mile or eliptical 30-45 minutes three days a week.

The fitness I know I can stick to, I get my new eliptical machine anytime now! Let's hope 7 pounds is reasonable.
Starting weight for May:223
Goal weight:216
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #8  

Well, I'm already back changing my exercise time! I just went to the RealAge site, and although I'm happy to report that my "real" age is 1.5 years younger than my chronological age, it said that I was putting too many minutes in of exercise per week for the good of my joints. That's probably true. Whenever I get motivated to exercise, I do tend to push it, so I'm going to leave my strength-training the same and cut my walking back from 45 minutes a day to 30 minutes a day, and then anything I feel like doing after that will be the icing on the cake! And maybe next month, with the exercise adjustment, a small decrease in weight, and a couple of other adjustments, I'll end up even younger, lol!

So now, our list is looking like this:

Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs; strength-train three times a week; walk 30 minutes every day
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan to home in order
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs; exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week; stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st; train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 minutes three days a week

If I need to change, add, or omit something, just let me know!

Cake, is yours worded right?

Welcome, SuzyQ, Tammyjo, and Jacque (Joci)!!!!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-29-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:34 PM   #9  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

I'm definitely in for this! May 31st is the day I set to reach my FINAL goal... weight loss has slowed a lot lately, though, so I will be happy with any loss, but I'm keeping my goal the same just in case! I lost two pounds in April, so here's hoping for the magic number three in May!

May goals:
1. Be 105 lbs
2. Keep up my current exercise regimen
3. Feel great about myself!!

That third one is the key. This will be a hard month for me, because I am finishing school, moving, traveling, trying to find a job, making all my own food for the first time... lots of changes afoot! I want to maintain a sense of balance and control throughout this uprooting process, and not go back to my former, "convenient" habits. What's more convenient than being healthy?
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:05 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Hi all

I'm in. I am still doing PT for my pinched nerve but I think I am going to try the treadmill soon. (even though the Physical therapist says no) I am going to just try walking slow and level. She is probably imagining me running on it LOL!

My May Goals:

Lose at least 5 lbs.
Be at least 192...but 190 would be great!
Try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again.
Keep eating OP

Here we go...
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:24 PM   #11  

Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs; strength-train three times a week; walk 30 minutes every day
SuzyQ: Lose 5-10 lbs; get "rear in gear"
CakeBatter: Wear any size 10; lose 7 lbs; keep working Flylady plan to home in order
Tammyjo: Lose 10 lbs; exercise at least 4 times a week
Jacque9999: Lose 1.5 - 2 lbs a week; stick with exercise program set up with workout buddy; make sure daughter starts (and sticks with) boot camp starting May 19th
Shrinkingleah: Lose 7 pounds by June 1st; train (gym) twice a week; walk one mile or eliptical 30-45 minutes three days a week
Rowena: Reach 105 lbs; keep up current exercise regimen; feel great about self!
Hattie: Lose at least 5 lbs; reach at least 192 lbs; try to keep healing the nerve and start exercising again; keep eating OP

Rowena, welcome!! It will be so great if you lose those three lbs to reach your final goal!! We'd love to celebrate it with you!! Good luck!!!
Old 04-29-2009, 07:33 PM   #12  

Default My goals for May

• Just a few goals for May
  • 1. Eat more Fruits and Veggies
  • 2. Drink 8 or more glasses of water through out the dat
  • 3. Exercise everyday Cardio at least 30 minutes
  • 4. Weights and Toning 3xs a week
  • 5. Stay positive and be supportive and ask for support when needed

BellaEllaEllAaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:36 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 270/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

I'm in my goal is to lose 10lbs in May. I also plan to strength train 3 days a week and exercise at least 60 min a day, 5 days a week. YAY MAY!
Mikayla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #14  
So close!

S/C/G: 162/143/105

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post

Rowena, welcome!! It will be so great if you lose those three lbs to reach your final goal!! We'd love to celebrate it with you!! Good luck!!!

Thanks for the welcome! It is tantalizing to be so close to goal, yet so far away. I hear people with three pounds lost in a week and get jealous! But I know I can do it, especially with the help and support of everyone here!

Also, my name is Rowenna with two N's, not one. Other than that, everything is accurate.
Rowenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:56 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 204/121/118

Height: 5'2

Hi everyone! it's going to be my first challenge and i'm really looking forward to work hard in order to achieve my goals:
weight loss: strive for 3 p/week and not less than 8-10 p/month
exercise: complete 30DS by the end of may, exercise 30 min every day, walk every time i can
try and buy some exercise equipment ^^
getlost is offline   Reply With Quote