Old 04-29-2009, 06:29 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 180/120

Height: 5'2''

TOM pushed me back over 150 too, hoping for a giant woosh when it leaves!! Trying to stay focused so that can happen

Busy week, had to work late last night and tonight, tomorrow is a dinner at the school, then thank goodness the weekend will be here!! That will mean the audit at work is over then too, come on weekend!!

W 100
E Crunching, walking
E OP
D
mothermavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:40 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Just completed my exercise for the day: four 12-minute miles. About 3 1/2 miles into the workout I thought of another motivation to get me up off the couch: my youngest son is planning on getting married in a couple years and I want to be a bee-you-tiful mother of the groom! I can be at goal by then.

Two glasses of water down, six to go!

Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 04:36 PM   #18  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Everytime I am doing really good with eating....TOM comes and visits....arrgg....I know it is not an excuse but I have had (2) pepsi and no water yet....arrggg...once I am done I will be drinking water...LOL....I still ate really good I will be going for a walk a little later...I stopped taking the elevator...hahahaha...I have to push myself up the stairs....and of course when I reach the top I am out of breath...so I stand in the kitchen part of the office to catch my breath...hahahaha..I dont want to go to my desk breathing all heavy....hahaha...

I hope everyone is having a great day, be back later~
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #19  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink

MM- Don't you just hate popping over and under that certain number. Right now I want to get into the 180's and stay there for more than a minute.

Nix- C'mon girl, be strong. you can do this. Do I need to come out to the sunny side of the world and drag your butt to the gym. Where's my girl that used to go to the gym and try to avoid the fast food places on the way home? What happened to that hot BF (I assume he is hot) going with you?

I am almost back to my lowest today. Now TOM will be arriving soon, so I expect a few pound gain, but then I am looking forward to a whoosh. Mid 180's, please!!!!!
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 06:21 AM   #20  

Mindy, you are rocking this thing, I just saw over on the 5 pound challenge, you are so close to winning this one!! Go you!! I do hate this hovering at 150!! I am trying to get past it, PDQ!

Jaya, I take the stairs alot at work too! (& pause at the top until I can breathe again!)

Lady in redd, great motivator!

Fablynne, when is your weekend away?

Grazer, where are you?

Kris, Hope decompression worked!

Anybody seen Lumi? Nmichelle or the long lost Aud?
Old 04-30-2009, 09:13 AM   #21  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

Hey ladies I'm here, alive, exhausted, but what's new? LOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:06 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Hey ladies!

My day went pretty well, I'm working out at home tonight instead the gym, 30day shred and pilates. I plan on working out just as hard as I do at the gym. Im stuck at 166 and can't get out. I am so sick of the 160's! I have to stay focused because I feel like I am headed toward getting down on myself. I'm not going to go there though, so let me just keep my head up.

Anyway enough about me, how are you ladies doing?

mothermavis: Down with the audit! LOL! One more day to get through, you can do it. My mini vacay begins June 5th, I am so desperate to atleast see 155 by then. I am going to have to really kick my workouts up 10 notches!!!! I'm crossing all of my fingers!

Holyteror: Exhaustion is our middle name! LOL
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 09:57 PM   #23  
mtiger

Wink

I am trying really hard, but TOM is looming ever closer so things will be tough for a while. I too am looking forward to a whoosh afterwards. I just hope I don't gain much beforehand.

I am looking for volunteers in the midwest/northern US to assisst with ARK buiding. I swear I am feeling the calling to build one so we can all float away around here. Aren't the monsoons in the west and hurricanes on the coasts??? Just a little wet humor for the day.

Nix- Are you holding the sun hostage in CA???
Old 04-30-2009, 11:56 PM   #24  
Cowboy Fan 4 Life!

S/C/G: 248/236.6/140

Height: 5'0"

lol we're about to get rain again this weekend in northern CA LOL
Holyteror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:21 AM   #25  

Rain in Northeast NY too!!

HT, you've been here less, is the new business taking off for you?

Fablynne, you can definitely reach the 150's by then!! Keep at it!!

MT, you are doing awesome!

OK, today is a hurry day! Got to get moving.

W 100
E Move the arse.
E having a bagel this am, will have to make up for that with cleaner rest of the day!
D Moving forward! It's Friday!
Old 05-01-2009, 08:30 PM   #26  
mtiger

Wink

Guess what it did today in Michigan. ....... It rained!!!!! We have had 6.5 inches this month. Our normal is around 3. See the need for an ark???

TOM is certainly peeking around the corner. i am still at 191. hope to stay there until TOM moves through.

My son has worn out my shift key so capitals don't work very often. I am tired of going back and fixing them all the time.
Old 05-02-2009, 02:18 AM   #27  
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...i've missed you--been reading along, i don't know it's just hard to post when i don't have good news. as some of you might know (cause i keep complaining about it) i've been stuck at 158 for a month or so now. obviously there's been fluctuations but i haven't been able to get below 158. well, after a butt kicking week of running swimming biking and a post TOM "whoosh" (as you guys call it), it's finally happened! i was back up to 162 during TOM but i saw 157.8 this afternoon at the gym!!!!! i was so pleased i wanted to tell some random people in the locker room--haha (i didn't of course). this past TOM was killer, i had hardly seen relief from the post flying water retention after NY before it set in (bad news)....anyway all that is to say thati 'm feeling great right now!

i don't know why it has made such a difference mentally, but i guess it just felt like iwas going to be stuck there forever, no matter how hard i work. now if i could just ride this whoosh to 155 i would be over the moon.

it's nice to keep up with you, but i miss being more part of the conversation. going to do my best to post more often--converse more. i miss that.

so, here's weed for now:

W 64+ i've been doing well with this except for today for some reason...got to get the rest in before bed...
E i've been pretty much on plan...i did terrible during TOM which is actually strange for me, i'm usually pretty good about staying OP
E back on the everyday gym routine. i don't know, the day of rest doesn't sit well with me. i do a 'light' day every once in a while, but if i don't go at all i feel lousy
D 158 is just another stepping stone on this path...hope i never see it again!

hope all of you are having a good evening--enjoy the weekend!
e32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 09:14 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 175/150

Height: 5"2

MM- Here I am; back again after MIA for a few days. This cold bug got me zapped!

Nix- I'm on the mend. Let's try to get 30 mins in 4 days this week!

Jcat- How's the wii fit? I don't use mine nearly enough

JL- Don't let people run you down. I worked in retail for a long time as I was finding my way. Some of the best life learning I had was during that time.

Jay- I hear about TOM. Let's make a pact that it's not gonna screw up the eating any more!

E32 & FAB- I've been stuck in the 160s for about a year.

HolyT- How's it going?

MTig- Seems like it's lots of rain everywhere these days.

This week I lost #1 just by watching what I was eating. Now I got to get back to exercising. Leslie S, in one of her videos says something like, "the more you sit the more you want to sit". I think that's true for me.

Any ideas for mini challenge next week? How about the stretchie bands again?
Grazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #29  

Yesterday was not a good day, completely off plan, pretty much all the way around. Today will be better.

I am going to return to Somersizing, more food combining than low carb but with a focus on whole foods. I miss my carbs too much and end up completely off like yesterday. I have 2 of her books and I did really well with that before & it allows me to have more fruit and whole grains, so...thats the plan.
Old 05-02-2009, 08:02 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Had my weigh-in today and GAINED .6 lbs. I'm telling myself it's because I've been working out and muscle weighs more than fat, or maybe I was "backed up," I don't know. And I do tell myself that this is a way of life, not just a short-term thing. But it's kind of frustrating to see the scale moving in the wrong direction, yanno?

After my meeting DH & I went to the local nursery, where they were having a sale, and picked out a dwarf nectarine tree. We walked in thinking we were going to get a dwarf navel orange, but in this area everybody and his brother has citrus trees and citrus fruit is cheap! A nectarine that's been picked ripe off the tree, though ... that is yummy for the tummy!

Did well at lunch -- DH suggest KFC (grilled of course) but their vegie selections are kind of limited, so I got a little assertive and requested a different place, one that I felt would have more health-friendly selections. They had lots to choose from! I chose a turkey cobb salad, requested dressing on the side, spinach instead of lettuce, and had water instead of soda.

Then we went bowling! First time in 40 years for me, and it was a lot more aerobic than I remembered! lol Got a few strikes and several gutter balls (my mother the bowler must be rolling in her grave) but we had fun. My left knee is definitely going to be sore tomorrow! I'm glad we quit after two games and didn't go for three. I had a better time than DH but he has more physical limitations to deal with than I do. I'm thinking maybe I'll go over there by myself ever couple of weeks and bowl a couple games, see if I can at least get consistently over 100 again.

Donna D., Hemet, CA
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote