Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 05:37 PM   #106  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Thumbs up Better Late than Never, Right? :)

Hello Ladies... I joined this challenge back at the beginning and fell away... But I have been losing while I was away... I was in a different challenge this past 6 weeks and lost 12 lbs! Yippie... I am ready to rock this challenge... I will try to post daily but you guys are active... I am late starting and there are so many posts that it would be difficult to do personals... but just let you know I have read the thread and you guys are doing GREAT already on the Walk across America challenge.... Which I love by the way! I have earned 77 miles today...

Let me reintroduce myself though because it's been a while and I am sure you all don't really remember me. My name is Tracy. I am 28 years old and back in college again working on obtaining my RN. I am a certified elementary school teacher but in MI work for teachers is hard to come by... I decided I needed a change when it had been 3 years and no luck finding a job in my filed. I am finishing my last semester of pre-reqs and will hopefully be starting an accelerated program in late Aug. (I just have to get in now, but my GPA is stellar... 3.9) I live with my wonderful boyfriend and 2 chihuahua's..(if you want to see them check out my blog- link is over there <------- I have pics of the pups and DBF and me for that matter! I love blogging and try to do it several times a week. I work partime at the college parking ramp- booth girl if you will... LOL it is such an easy and relaxing job compared to my fulltime gig I quite before semester started- I am happy I left my fulltime job to focus on school, but I am always worried about money now.... UGh!

I am attending WW meetings at my local center. I go on Thursdays with my cousin in-law. She recently started going with me and I enjoy having a buddy- I also have a gym membership that I actually use... LOL My DBF and I go to the gym 3/4 times a week to sweat or pump iron or both.

If you want to know more about me just ask....

Again sorry I wasn't able to respond to all of you personally(sooo many posts that I missed), but I will jump right in... I am going to post my habit changes in a new post cause this intro is getting long.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM   #107  
Going to be a mommy!

Cool Reflections-

Okay- What bad habits have I broken you ask??

My DBF and I have stopped eating out for dinner/lunch several (4/5) times a week. Now we only eat out 1/2 max a week. I cook at home for lunch and dinner now. When we do go out we go to a place where I know I can order and still be OP- Applebee's usually as they have yummy food on the WW menu.

I have also made some new habits since starting out this year on a weight loss journey.... I walk to and from work everyday(except weekends). Total of 30 minutes extra of walking M-F. I love my walk to work, it really starts my day out right...

I also have regular gym days with my DBF- our days are Tues/Thurs/Saturday. We go every week and if we can't do a normal day for some reason we make it up the next day... sometimes we go Sunday if we feel like. I do like Cardio, but I am up to 60 minutes on the elliptical... I do it cause it is good for me and I keep hoping I will learn to like someday... on the other hand I LOVE, LOVE weight lifting. I use weight lifting as a reward many times.... I could pump Iron for hours and I have when not paying attention to the clock.

Next habit to change- Instead of reaching for treats when stressed reaching for something else- suggestions??

I started the Walk Across America Challenge and have 77 Miles in so far today... This is such a cool challenge! Great Idea!
Old 04-15-2009, 07:02 PM   #108  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

Pat~

Eny~ i hope things work out right for you and your family

Welcome back to everyone coming back.

bjeweled

anyway i have confession i took a sneek peek at the scale this morning. my exercising has been working out to every other day eventually i want to get back to every day. i do plan on exercising later tonight after dinner. just wanted to stop in and see how things are going otherwise. anyway that is all for now.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:26 PM   #109  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by freshmanweightorbust View Post
... I went to take the picture to post, and was pleased to find that the shirt fits! Hooray! I guess I'll have to root around the closet for something else to use as an incentive garment.
Nice! That is a good problem to have! Congrats! BTW, there is something about your avatar and its "party" essence that makes me wanna pour myself a jack and diet coke....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo7475 View Post
...I would really like to learn how to make my restaurant favorites at home with lower calories. hmmm.
I am with ya! I would love a healthy mexican pizza, chile relleno burrito or healthy french fries. My BF is the chef in the house. We are currently trying to break out of the habit of old stand bys, and spice it up healthy-like. Challenge before last Melissa had us to a recipe challenge... maybe it will return?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hattie22 View Post
I am down to 200 lbs. Knocking on the door of ONEderland. I hope the mayor lets me in soon.
for you! And maybe you could put in a good word for me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
...Honestly, from what he says I believe the only way for me to make him happy would be to turn back time and not let my daughter be born...which honestly I will trade her for him any ol' day, no questions asked...
Seriously, this is my best friends life. She was his everything until she got pregnant, and the attention wasn't all his. Stupid boys, don't know when they have FABULOUS staring them right in the face. Sheesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enygirl View Post
OMG - Skip!!! I love it! Maybe working on some balancing exercises might help out... some stability ball - yoga SOMETHING to get your center in the center! ...

...As for me - I had a REALLY rough day yesterday... well actually Joe did - but it effects us all. He had to quit his job yesterday. His manager is pretty much a complete @ss - and he took some complaints to him in regards to the way that all of the employees are being treated - and the guy told him to F* off... for a Manager to say that is completely uncalled for. So Joe then took it to the owner - and he then just brushed him off like it didn't matter. It really sucks that My hubby stood up and became the voice for 15 people and completely got burned for it - but the crap that was happening was completely wrong, not to mention illegal (working 10 1/2 hours with NO break - getting yelled at for using the bathroom etc. etc.) Joe's going to be talking to the staffing agency that staffs all of their employees today... it's just a mess! .........UGH! Being a grown up is HARD WORK!!!
Hard work, but rewarding. Life is what happens while you are "planning" it you know. He did the right thing. Somewhere a door just opened up for you both!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennyRaye View Post
...Everyone--don't let the stuff life throws at you keep you from getting strong and healthy on the inside and outside. Being strong and healthy makes you more able to handle whatever comes your way. I'm so thankful that I can come here and be motivated, find support, and give support. I don't post a lot, but I think about all of you each day, especially as I'm sweating on the elliptical or making a wise choice for food...
It takes a virtual village sometimes, and I agree with Jenny - I am thankful for everyone here too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
... Yes! It is amazing! I called Tara from day one!
ME TOO! BF hates it when I'm right!!! HA! BTW, weighing in tomorrow... pray for me...

[quote=UrthWurm;2699702]My GF & I got in a bad car accident about a month ago.... I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on some at-home exercises/free weight exercises I could do that wouldn't be quite as strenuous.[/quote] So sorry to hear about your accident... Hope you are fully on the mend soon. in the mean time, I would even consider using soup cans for arm weights, or no weights at all and at least "going through the motions" of some of the exercises you used to do. Just a thought.

Whew.... lots of catch up for me tonight. So, I am packing for Havasu (Again, I know) Supposed to be about 85 to 100 there over the next 3 days. Huge fluctuation, but all hot nonetheless. Not looking forward to bearing my lumpy white legs in shorts. Here are my pics for my goal pants. Size 12, but SUPER stretchy, and I hope to lose some booty and gut in the next 6 weeks. I bought these Monday, small on purpose, FOR THE PURPOSE!!! Here we goooooo..........
Attached Images
File Type: jpg seven jeans 2.jpg (31.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg size 12 Seven Jeans.jpg (37.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 04-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #110  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

I sympathize with those having relationship problems. I'm single and probably will be for life, just having dealt with the frustration and disappointment of relationships. I'm amazed sometimes that people manage relationships at all.

I'm proud of myself. I reached my goal of saying "no" to three requests that would run counter to my goals or ask too much of me. I said no to my final one. I was worried that it would damage the relationship of the person I said no to, but I don't think it did! I'm going to continue to work to monitor my needs against the requests of others.

So, I need help figuring out where I am. I think I'm about 31 miles into Delaware, but I can't figure out how to get a list of what would be at that location, like a city or something. Help?!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:37 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone....I'm fixin' to head to bed but just wanted to get in a few quick personals....

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrthWurm View Post
My GF & I got in a bad car accident about a month ago. .....

Anyways, the relevance of this was that I had a question. I thought it might be easier to answer if you understood my situation. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on some at-home exercises/free weight exercises........
Hey there! First of all I'm glad you and your gf are okay....I hope that this close call made your parents (mom and bf right?? or was it step dad?) appriciate you more and start treating you better......I remember you having problems with your home life situation before. I hopt that is all resolved

Secondly..... you can go to www.shape.com and check out their workouts. You can search by body part...like if you want arm workouts...and then browse through them for ones you can do at home. I love this magazine....they usually have "at home" specials of full workouts you can do at home....they will be on there somewhere too...just snoop around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixmom View Post
ME TOO! BF hates it when I'm right!!! HA! BTW, weighing in tomorrow... pray for me...
Gool luck with your weigh in. Of course I haven't hidden the scale yet...I'm having major problems....It seems like it doesn't matter how well I eat or how much I exercise...I'm not losing any weight???? The only thing I can think of is maybe TOM is around the corner...I can never keep up with that....mine is so irregular....So we will see...I will just have to keep at it. I have even been drinking lots of water. Hopefully it will turn around soon.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

UrthWorm- Kimmy, thats a cute name... Well anyways, Im glad to hear that neither of you were seriously injured, thats so scary. I wish I had exercise advice but I still dont have a solid plan for myself so I guess I dont really have the room to give much advice. Welcome back though..

akacutie- Welcome back! Congrats on the weight loss in the other challenge.

Nixmom-Goodluck with the weigh in!
Old 04-16-2009, 01:51 AM   #113  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

Thanks Nixmom, my profile pic WAS taken at the bar, back in my smokin' and (heavier) drinkin' wild-party days.

Made good food choices today, as opposed to yesterday, when the food choices were just BAAAAAAAADDD! Today, I ate all kinds of raw veggies and fruit every hour or so, came home from work and made (invented?) a cookie sheet full of barley/mushroom/olive/other assorted steamed veggie burgers to put in the freezer. I ended up with sixteen veggie patties to put in the freezer, pretty as a picture, perfectly cohesive (I hate when that kind of stuff falls apart on the platter), and only 45 calories apiece! They'll be nice when my sister "Diary" comes to visit in a few weeks. She lives 'back home' in the midwest, whereas I moved away to the East Coast. Visits are few and far between and I look forward to this one.

I'm about to email her my food journal, finish my one indulgence for the day (a Coor's Light), and go to bed.
Old 04-16-2009, 08:56 AM   #114  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Good morning everyone! I got to seriously thinking last night how I ended up regaining weight and getting back to old habits when I had created a whole new lifestyle...I mean, the entire family was healthy and I was dropping weight and it was routine, no thinking about it, it was a lifestyle.

I realized that the bad habits came in when I started working from home. I never made the connection before, but when I was doing well with my weight I was not working and had a lot of free time. i was planning a lot, cooking a lot of healthy stuff, and exercising like 3 hours a day.

When I started working from home almost a year ago all the healthy habits slowly got replaced by faster habits, which are not healthy. I realize that I work so much (like I was up until 3AM working last night and now am so tired I need a nap) that it is affecting every other aspect of my life.

So, how do I balance working at home with 2 very active children, keeping up with the house, and taking care of myself? I have been kind of rotating things where I let the house fall apart and exercise and work a lot, then ditch the exercise to clean and work, and then eventually on the weekend I am so exhausted I ditch it all and just sleep while hubby is here to watch the kids.

I feel like life is chaotic now that I am working so I need to set some boundaries and develop some new rules. Problem is I have set working hours but cannot seem to keep to a regular schedule. Things come up and I keep getting thrown off track.

HELP!!!! I feel so unorganized and just stressed out how do I get on track from here? I just feel like covering my head under the covers and giving into the major depression I am fighting so hard against. there is just so much going on right now, ya know? I feel unbalanced and miserable and it jsut makes me want to quit on life in general and throw a big ol' tantrum.

Okay, maybe I just need a long, long nap while the kids are at school
Old 04-16-2009, 09:05 AM   #115  
Going to be a mommy!

Cool Good Morning!

freshmanweightorbust-
Quote:
Today, I ate all kinds of raw veggies and fruit every hour or so, came home from work and made (invented?) a cookie sheet full of barley/mushroom/olive/other assorted steamed veggie burgers to put in the freezer. I ended up with sixteen veggie patties to put in the freezer, pretty as a picture, perfectly cohesive (I hate when that kind of stuff falls apart on the platter), and only 45 calories apiece!
Great Job! I love when I make great food choices- I feel so healthy and strong, also I like that I chose to be healthy! I have never made my own veggie burgers- is it easy? I love to cook, I will have to find a reciepe I like and give a whirl.

heather1979- Thanks for the warm welcome!!

McKenziesmomma-
Quote:
It seems like it doesn't matter how well I eat or how much I exercise...I'm not losing any weight????
Just keep at it! If you follow your plan and exercise you WILL see results- soemtimes weight loss is weird and does follow a nice linear progression.... You are doing GREAT though! Just think of all the positive changes in your body even if you don't drop any pounds this week.

Ufi-
Quote:
So, I need help figuring out where I am. I think I'm about 31 miles into Delaware, but I can't figure out how to get a list of what would be at that location, like a city or something. Help?!
Here is the web address to give you cities for miles walk in the walk across america challenge... I hope this helps!!! http://walking.about.com/cs/beginner...walkingadt.htm

Well, I am at work right and BORED out of my mind... I am a parking ramp attendent at my college- I have only had two cars in the hour I have been here so far... I am going to watch Heros on Netfilx in a minute- I just wanted to keep up with the thread... LOL I have my WW meeting tonight- I am hoping for a decent loss- I am really close to my 10% and I would like to get closer... Plus I am close to another 5 lb sticker which I really want badly.

I hope everyone has a rockin' day!
Old 04-16-2009, 09:13 AM   #116  
Going to be a mommy!

Talking

Purple-
Quote:
So, how do I balance working at home with 2 very active children, keeping up with the house, and taking care of myself?
Just take it one step at a time... You can't think of everything that you should be doing at once... It would be to overwhelming and you would just say screw it... Just pick one thing to do today for yourself- like find 30 minutes for a nice walk outside, perhaps take the kiddos too. Keep that up for a week then add something new, perhaps take 15 minutes and clean the livingroom with music on... dance around while cleaning, burn some calories while you straighten up! I know it is more difficult to take care of ourselves, and others when there are work commitments as well, but that is the most important time to practice self care!! Maybe you should really try sticking to scheduled work hours also becasue if you are working til 3 AM that isn't good.... I think a nap might help if you tired this morning... Take a good 20 minute power nap and you should be feeling refreshed....
Old 04-16-2009, 09:30 AM   #117  

S/C/G: 198/155/150

Height: 5ft6"

Hi Everyone~~A quick note My second Mom passed away early this morning. I will get back with you all as soon as I can. Thank you each and everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support through this difficult time. Pat
Old 04-16-2009, 09:38 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Quote:
Good morning everyone! I got to seriously thinking last night how I ended up regaining weight and getting back to old habits when I had created a whole new lifestyle...I mean, the entire family was healthy and I was dropping weight and it was routine, no thinking about it, it was a lifestyle.

I realized that the bad habits came in when I started working from home. I never made the connection before, but when I was doing well with my weight I was not working and had a lot of free time. i was planning a lot, cooking a lot of healthy stuff, and exercising like 3 hours a day.

When I started working from home almost a year ago all the healthy habits slowly got replaced by faster habits, which are not healthy. I realize that I work so much (like I was up until 3AM working last night and now am so tired I need a nap) that it is affecting every other aspect of my life.

So, how do I balance working at home with 2 very active children, keeping up with the house, and taking care of myself? I have been kind of rotating things where I let the house fall apart and exercise and work a lot, then ditch the exercise to clean and work, and then eventually on the weekend I am so exhausted I ditch it all and just sleep while hubby is here to watch the kids.

I feel like life is chaotic now that I am working so I need to set some boundaries and develop some new rules. Problem is I have set working hours but cannot seem to keep to a regular schedule. Things come up and I keep getting thrown off track.

HELP!!!! I feel so unorganized and just stressed out how do I get on track from here? I just feel like covering my head under the covers and giving into the major depression I am fighting so hard against. there is just so much going on right now, ya know? I feel unbalanced and miserable and it jsut makes me want to quit on life in general and throw a big ol' tantrum.

Okay, maybe I just need a long, long nap while the kids are at school
I feel your pain honey! I freelanced for a few years, and am getting back into it now. The biggest thing about working from home is you HAVE to schedule it. If you were in an office, you wouldn't stop in the middle of the day to go home and throw in laundry. Make a schedule - sure things pop up, mostly because people realize that you're at home and you have more flexibility - however you CANNOT sacrifice your life - look at what it's doing to you!!!
I want you to set up a schedule. Everything from waking up, eating, work, exercise etc. Then you HAVE to stick to it as close as possible. When the kids are at school, that's when you work - not after they come home and their crazy lives start... YOu HAVE to do it for you! Everything in life is about balance and control.. when we lose control is when we do bad things to ourselves - binging, skipping workouts, not sleeping, etc. - This all ends up hurting us, our families, our health, etc.

Getting control over this will help a TON with the depression too. Right now my depression is flared beyond beilef because I have no control - I can't take my anti-depression/anti-anxiety meds it's really hard. I do cry a lot, and feel just genuinely sad. Exercise helps - I'm desperately trying to not eat my way through this, and that's HARD, especially because I'm already increasingly hormonal and eating and shopping has already been my downfall - since money's tight I've been hitting up resale shops, mom-to-mom sales and yard sales. But I also know that this is an unhealthy way of control as well... It's all a work in progress. *sigh* Who knew this life stuff would be so hard!

Stick with it girly... If you don't take control now, you are going to get seriously sick.

Alright - I'm going to go and walk for the rest of my show - Ruby on style - talk about seriously motivating.. a girl that's not only been there, but is going through the huge struggle of losing weight RIGHT NOW. I add in some resistance band to work my arms and such as well... Then I'm going to lunch with my old boss. I'll check in later.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:46 AM   #119  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
I sympathize with those having relationship problems. I'm single and probably will be for life, just having dealt with the frustration and disappointment of relationships. I'm amazed sometimes that people manage relationships at all.

I'm proud of myself. I reached my goal of saying "no" to three requests that would run counter to my goals or ask too much of me. I said no to my final one. I was worried that it would damage the relationship of the person I said no to, but I don't think it did! I'm going to continue to work to monitor my needs against the requests of others....
Ufi- #1 I spent seven years alone, on purpose, got my poop in a group, found my self respect, self esteem, and then outta no where came my BF. He is my best friend... an the best part is (this is gonna sound crass, but) we WANT each other, we don't NEED each other. I'm not trying to fill some void, he's happy with who he is... it is weird but its like once I was good with myself on the inside, I knew how to recognize someone else healthy on the inside. But there are moments, where single and a quiet house sound wonderful! AND #2 - Good Girl for saying NO! This is probably still my biggest issue as well. Maybe today at work I will try to follow in your footsteps and not overcommit, just today!

Quote:
...HELP!!!! I feel so unorganized and just stressed out how do I get on track from here? I just feel like covering my head under the covers and giving into the major depression I am fighting so hard against. there is just so much going on right now, ya know? I feel unbalanced and miserable and it jsut makes me want to quit on life in general and throw a big ol' tantrum.
You know flylady(dot)com right? 15 minutes at a time. Don't worry about things that haven't happened. Don't project sadness into the future. Just take your day 15 minutes at a time. I think akacutie was saying the same thing. Give yourself some time, the better you are to you, the better you are for your family. You don't have to solve everything today. You dont have to solve everything, period. Believe me, I am a bit of a control freak myself, and have had to forcefully let others deal with crap, while I cringe at the possible results. So far, letting the things I cant control go has not killed me. Trying to control them though, nearly has. Just breathe... and take 15

So I weighed in this morning. My Havasu adventures every other weekend have begun which means I will be on the road many a weekend. Thursday morning WI ensures I dont miss the deadline! This morning 202.2 . I hit my Eny goal! Woot!

Hope you girls all have a good weekend. I will attempt to find a wireless access point in Havasu and check back before the weekend is over. Be good to yourselves!
Old 04-16-2009, 10:00 AM   #120  
Going to be a mommy!

Cool

Quote:
Dixiemae Hi Everyone~~A quick note My second Mom passed away early this morning. I will get back with you all as soon as I can. Thank you each and everyone for your thoughts, prayers, and support through this difficult time. Pat
Dixiemae- I am so sorry to hear about your loss! Take care!

Nixmom-
Quote:
Thursday morning WI ensures I dont miss the deadline! This morning 202.2
Congrats on meeting the goal!! Have a great trip! Can I ask what you do when you go to Havasau every other weekend? I was just curious. I love road trips!

Enygirl- I love Ruby! That is such a good show and she has a great attitude. I watch on demand cause I seem to miss it when it is normally on.
Closed Thread