Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 02:50 PM   #136  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
It is very tough growing up in a broken home....spending half your time in one place and half in another....half your holidays here and half there....new step mom's and step dad's........new extended families....half your stuff here and half there.....and almost always they end up being without one parent or another (i.e. at the mom's house more or dad's house more...)
our case is a little different because hubby is a truck driver and already is only home 1-2 days on the weekend, so they are already used to him being gone during the week. The big change will jsut be they will be going to visit daddy on weekends instead of spending it with their grandma (his mom, so they will be with both of them most of the time).

We are not talking about filing for divorce at this point. We definitely need some time apart and I am not sure what that will lead into. We had a big, calm heart to heart today and I feel much more at peace with it and agree it is needed. So, it just is the best thing right now.

I am going to exercise and add to my miles across America, and plan out my work schedule, well it will be a starting work schedule that will go through May, then school ends and something entirely new will have to be dreamed up!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:54 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Wow, so many posts to catch up on! I've been so busy with the end of the semester. I have been to the gym the past few days and need to update my ticker. Yay! I am still not eating okay...I think that my new plan is going to be doing Weight Watchers from home. I just found all of my old weight watcher stuff and even a "Take-out Tonight" cookbook! Maybe if I make some restaurant style meals that are lower calorie I will stay on plan.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:28 PM   #138  
Going to be a mommy!

S/C/G: 255/225/200

Height: 5'4" Age: 31

Jo7475- I attend WW meetings... Let me know if you need any help getting started again!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:18 PM   #139  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Hi all

I can't be at the computer for long...

Just wanted to stay in touch.

I have a bone spur on my C6 vertebrae in my neck that is causing the pinched nerve. LOT'S OF PAIN! I am trying pyhsical therapy but may have to have surgery. In the mean time I am not able to exercise! AAARRRGGGHH!!!

I am still eating OP though and trying to get in as much walking around at work as I can. It is so frustrating when I am finally doing something about my health and BAM something is in my way. I guess that is life and I really can't complain that much...many people have it worse than I.

I will continue on and try to keep up with you ladies. Thank God I have 3FC and wonderful support from all of you!

I will try to read through the pages next time I sit at the computer for my 5 minutes.

Hope all is well with you and do some exercise for me...I MISS IT!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #140  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

just want to stop by and say that i know that this week was not a good week for me. so i do not have high hopes for a good loss this week. but with that said i am going to start a new tomorrow. ( i have callled today a loss.) but anyway later.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #141  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you ladies for the encouragement. Truthfully I think I would like to be about a size 8/10. Purple, I think I will take your advice and go try on some teeny clothes, not being able to pull them up past my knees might help.

I had a stupid teenager event today. The kids are on spring break this week (I think) and when I went out for my jog today (I run on sidewalks in my small town) I had some doofus kids yell out the window rude things to me. I am proud of myself, because instead of stomping home like I really wanted to, I finished my jog (and tried to hold my head high). Maybe that's the painful but needed motivation I needed at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Sparkle - I just happened to notice that when you started your journey you weighed almost 300 pounds...now you are soooo close to ONEderland. What plan are you following. You seem to have had success with it. I need to rethink my strategies...so I'm just wondering how you do it!

Good job by the way!
Thanks Melissa, I count calories. I tried a few other diets at first: south beach, fat smash, etc. But each time I found that my real problem and sticking point was that when I had to do without foods I would get frustrated and binge. So from June of last year to Dec. I spent my time focusing on how much I ate. Back then I ate about 1650 to 1750 calories daily, and only sporadically exercised (like when you had a challenge). Now I'm exercising about 5 hours a week and eating between 1700 and 1800 calories daily. Some days I'm a little high, some days a little low. I count everything I eat, and even on a super high day I probably don't ever exceed 2500 calories (and that's a holiday or special event so less than 1x/month). I tried to cut my calories lower than that, but I just couldn't consistently eat less right now, it always led to binges. I feel like it's taken forever to get where I'm at, but I think I could eat/live like this forever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsaugie View Post
just want to stop by and say that i know that this week was not a good week for me. so i do not have high hopes for a good loss this week. but with that said i am going to start a new tomorrow. ( i have callled today a loss.) but anyway later.
you can always start over right now. Don't sabotage yourself anymore today.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:02 PM   #142  
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Pat, my sympathies.

When my friend got divorced, he and his ex had to take a class about how to handle children, and he said it was extremely helpful with things like how to tell them you're divorcing and answer tough questions. It was offered through the court system. Maybe that could help you?

I'm feeling all crampy and crabby now. I'm glad it is the weekend. I have so much to do around my place, as I've been putting it off do to all the other things I had to do not at my place.

I'm walking at Tasker Middle School in Maryland, home of the Tigers. Rrraarr! (That's my tiger sound.)
Old 04-17-2009, 09:13 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
I had a stupid teenager event today. The kids are on spring break this week (I think) and when I went out for my jog today (I run on sidewalks in my small town) I had some doofus kids yell out the window rude things to me. I am proud of myself, because instead of stomping home like I really wanted to, I finished my jog (and tried to hold my head high). Maybe that's the painful but needed motivation I needed at the moment.
Children are the only unpleasant thing about running outdoors for me! By the time they get into college, people seem to have learned the whole "if you don't have anything nice to say..." thing, but up until then I can count on most of them being jerks. That being said, I ran past a couple of boys out shooting hoops in their driveway today (probably brothers, they were very different ages) and the littler one (8-10 years old) said something about me being pretty as I passed. How cute!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:18 PM   #144  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Tessa--I believe all things happen for a reason. Those kids were placed on your path right when you needed yelling at...it may not be the yelling that you really wanted, but sometimes we get what we need, not what we want. I really think you're going to make it to your goal. You have your head on your shoulders and will work this out

Guys, I am having trouble making myself eat, have been blowing blood out my nose, a headache that will not go away, and I am feeling very low energy and nauseous. Hubby and I had another big long talk today and I feel somewhat better, but I am just a mix of emotions and physically suffering from it. i have never felt this bad before and I hope I can just get over it soon.

Tomorrow is my son's opening even for baseball and we will both be there to support him...the first time together since this decision and all the talking It seems so weird feeling so differently about him than I did just a week ago when he left out!

He did offer to cut the grass for me and take the van for an oil change. I'm gonna let him do it.

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 04-17-2009 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-17-2009, 09:20 PM   #145  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post

Thanks Melissa, I count calories. I tried a few other diets at first: south beach, fat smash, etc. But each time I found that my real problem and sticking point was that when I had to do without foods I would get frustrated and binge. So from June of last year to Dec. I spent my time focusing on how much I ate. Back then I ate about 1650 to 1750 calories daily, and only sporadically exercised (like when you had a challenge). Now I'm exercising about 5 hours a week and eating between 1700 and 1800 calories daily. Some days I'm a little high, some days a little low. I count everything I eat, and even on a super high day I probably don't ever exceed 2500 calories (and that's a holiday or special event so less than 1x/month). I tried to cut my calories lower than that, but I just couldn't consistently eat less right now, it always led to binges. I feel like it's taken forever to get where I'm at, but I think I could eat/live like this forever.
First of all....about the rude kids yelling at you while jogging...just you wait cause when you get to goal and your jogging down the street people will be yelling obsenities but they will be the the "WEWWW SEXY MOMMA...WON'T YOU COME ON OVER HERE BABY!!!" LOL!

Secondly....thanks for sharing your plan. I'm really proud of you!
Old 04-18-2009, 05:27 AM   #146  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

OMG I'm like schizo with this moving! One day, I'm so nervous and terrified and the next, like today, I'm SO happy and psyched up!

Susie took me to Wallyworld so I was able to get a crapload of groceries.

For some reason, I want to get dolled up.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:29 AM   #147  
Slower But Get'n There

S/C/G: 287.6/243.6/199

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone.

Mayness and Eny, I have been slacking too, major slacking. I have done 80 miles exercise though. (minutes, lol). I will do 20 more today then I need to check where I'm located on the challenge.

Have a great weekend everyone, I did catch up on reading the whole thread. I hope life treats everyone well today, I now some of you are having some MAJOR problems and I feel for you I really do.
Old 04-18-2009, 09:34 AM   #148  

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post

Guys, I am having trouble making myself eat, have been blowing blood out my nose, a headache that will not go away, and I am feeling very low energy and nauseous..
Sounds like you have sinus infection--get thee to a dr!
Old 04-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Purple- Sorry to hear what your going through. I also use alot of paper plates and stuff, lol. I hate doing dishes too.

Tessa- What jerks! Atleast your doing something for your weight, its not like you were sitting on the sidewalk eating a box of twinkies. I hate people like that, I have had the same problem while bike riding before. Ignorant people, but im very proud of you for keeping your head high.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:32 PM   #150  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Quote:
Originally posted by sprklemajik

Tessa, don't let the young and moronic get you down. As heather said, it's not like you were sitting on your a$$ chowin' down in public. You were doing something to better yourself, and no one else has the right to take that away from you! Not with their rude comments or thoughtless actions. Keeping others down is what makes a person feel superior, don't give them that superiority. You made a good choice by ignoring them. If someone goes out of their way to acknowledge you, then you hold the power. Don't give that power right back. They are so not worth it!
Closed Thread