Old 04-06-2009, 10:36 PM   #76  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey TERAPET- Do you do yoga at your gym or on your own? I'm thinking of getting a dvd or something to add yoga into my schedule. I hear so many good things about it. Just curious.
Thanks for the kind words icandoallthings and Lewisempire! I feel better now and I'm ready to see some good results from my OP day tomorrow....I hope!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 10:59 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks Cake and Ican! I felt so gung ho this morning, but it became a busy day and I didn't think I was going to get the second 30 minutes of exercise in tonight, but I did. I was really tired so it wasn't strenuous, but at least I was moving and burning calories.

OLD GOAL: April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked! April 5--Walked! Biked! NEW GOAL: April 6--Biked! Biked!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:05 AM   #78  

hiiiiiii girls, hug! I don't know what is wrong with me, thought I posted! Gee! well, I wont have time in the morning but I will check in in the afternoon or early evening. Everyone is doing fantastic! Prettyfriend, that is so wonderful on your loss Congratulations to you! Also, congrats to all of you on the workouts. Jacqui, I am so glad that you went with DH and enjoyed that walk bravo on the exercise everyone is d oing so well.

I candoallthings, wtg on the run. Hi Terapet, nice going ! Thanks cakebatter : ). OH i have to go to bed....I wil lcatch you tommorow. Msperception and Lewis, omg girls! I had to push like the dickens today too to do my workout!!! Grey rainy day and I had so much to do on top of it. THose plants! OMG girls! lol. What on earth possessed me to plant a couple hundred! At least I tackled and replanted some of them but have much more to do. I will check back in tomorrow. Keep up the great work. Girls, tomorrow completes our first week!
Talk tomorrow. Have a great sleep and awesome day
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:08 AM   #79  

4/1 -40 min. wii aerobics
4/2 -68 min. ( 30 min. walk-t.m, 20 min. wii aer., 18 min strenght training).
4/3 -none
4/4 -82 min. (40 min. walk-t.m, 20 min. wii aer, 22 min. u.b.s.t)
4/5 -60 min. walk-outdoors.
4/6 -40 min. wii aer.
4/7 -Day off...probably...I might try and squeeze in a little strenght training before I go, if I dont have time it will have to wait until next week.
Old 04-07-2009, 07:48 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I didn't workout yesterday. I was just so tired. So I opted out and went home! However I made my productive anyway. I cleaned my closet out (you don't even understand!) and I also got my lazy hiney up and cut up all my veggies for the next few days and got ready for the next day! I will be at the gym with bells and whistles today. I aiming for 3 miles! Wish me luck!

Tarapet - i so want to do Yoga. I can't seem to catch a class...

MsP- My motivaton or lack there of sucked also yesterday! I was jsut really tired and took the day off. Back at it today

FSA - Dis you get anything in yesterday?
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:40 AM   #81  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Ms Perception-I do yoga in a class at the Y. I find it much more motivating to work with a group. Plus, I usually just go there straight from work. If I went home I might sit down on the couch and watch TV and there would go exercising!

CakeBatter-Good for you preparing your vegetables for the next few days. I really like home cooked food better then eating out but I definitely keep company with that Lazy character you mentioned. (Good for you for kicking him out the window.)I have to keep snacks out of my house else I would choose the convenient packaged "food" product over a fruit or vegetable everytime. And I like fruits and vegetables!

Last edited by TERAPET; 04-07-2009 at 10:42 AM.
TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:24 AM   #82  

Tarapet - If I go home first exercising goes out the window for me too!

Edit: MY exercise goal today is three miles. Gotta do three miles whether they are slow or fast, consecutive or broken in two....gotta do 3 miles!!

Last edited by CakeBatter; 04-07-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:50 PM   #83  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi girls, just got a quick minute....
I wanted to post that I made exercise my priority today! 3.3 miles on the nordic track BEFORE I did anything else! Now I feel really good (smell really bad), I will shower and go conquer everything else!

Goodluck to everyone today. I will be eating ON PLAN today! I really want to see 199 on my scale SOON! Thanks for all your support, and words of encouragement! It really helps to have people who know what it is like! Yall ROCK in my book!

Last edited by Lewisempire; 04-07-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:13 PM   #84  

hi gals

Yipeeeeeeee! Today is the last day of our first week! We completed our first week already.

Cakebatter, in answer to your question...I did get in some wii yesterday. I can tell you right now that if it weren't for that wii, I prob wouldn't of gotten in anything yesterday. You cleaned out your closet? and you called yourself lazy? OMG! That's good exercise in itself. I have been meaning to do mine for so long and it's on my list for spring cleaning. I bet you feel good! Anyways, your doing great! You all are.

I have been wondering about the yoga myself. A freind of mine, a nutritionist, calls Yoga his medicine! He just loves it! I did a few poses on the wii but that's about it. IT's on my list for down the road, I definitely need to be working in some more stretching for flexibility. MsPerception, if and when you try it out, let us know how you like it okay? You all rock, always learning new things in here and it's just so neat to be able to share , and it makes it fun too!

Dh just called me! Poor guy is still at work! They had a problem in one of the plants and he had to go up there. Still hasn't left and he has an hour and a half drive home! He has some comp time coming to him!

I was able to squeeze in my strength training this morning so I am very happy about that. OH, speaking of minutes and breaking them up. I don't always do mine at once. Sometimes I do some in the morning and some at night, or inbetween chores. It all depends. Well, I hope you al lhad an awesome day!

4/1 -40 min. wii aerobics
4/2 -68 min. ( 30 min. walk-t.m, 20 min. wii aer., 18 min strenght training).
4/3 -none
4/4 -82 min. (40 min. walk-t.m, 20 min. wii aer, 22 min. u.b.s.t)
4/5 -60 min. walk-outdoors.
4/6 -40 min. wii aer.
4/7 -17 min. u.b.s.t
Total: 307 min.

So happy I made goal this week, I owe a lot of it to you ladies, so ty ty ty so much You all helped me to give that extra push which I so needed this past week! Let's keep on truckin'
Old 04-07-2009, 06:20 PM   #85  

oh by the way, lewisempire! your funny! So right on with your miles! wtg girl! OH I want to talk to you sometime about the nordic track...I saw this machine in one of my mags. IT is called a nordic track elliptical, oh I like it so much! I have been thinking about adding a new peice of equipment next fall or winter. IT is expensive though, yikes! who knows, maybe from santa or maybe saved up smoking money! Anyways, is yours referred to as a n elliptical too? Is it the same thing as I am assuming?
Alsooooooo, I need and want a pedometer to measure my miles. I Want a good accurate one. Is there one you recommend? I will have to go to the sports store when I make it up that way or maybe get it online, though online shopping makes me nervous unless I can call in. Let me know what you think girls, any help and /or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks : )
talk soon
Old 04-07-2009, 08:08 PM   #86  

FSA - Oh how I long for a Nordictrak!!! You lucky girls (FSA & Lewisempire). Yeah you got on Wii, wish I had one of those too. Maybe I can make it a goal gift!!

Lewis - WTG 3.3 miles!!

I jogged 3.5 miles today! I update my goals in my siggy (if you care) and doing pretty well on that!
Old 04-07-2009, 10:15 PM   #87  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi girls!
Fullsteam ahead- You are so Cute! OMG! I laughed so hard at your "Ice coffees"!!!!! That was sooo sweet! As for my Nordic track- It is pre elliptical! It is the good ole cross country ski machine. But I love it! Just about anything nordic track does is quality. As for my pedometer it is an omron walking style. My Mom got it on drugstore.com (type in Omron as a search it should be the top one on the results)for about $22. I love it too! It lets you input your stats (weight, and stride length) read out gives you steps walked, and how many were aerobic(you have to take 100steps/min or walk at least 10 min without stopping to rack up the aerobic steps) It also gives you miles walked, calories burned estimate, and it stores 7days of steps. I have had several pedometers, this is the only one I didn't destroy. It is definately a great buy and It is very accurate IMO. Good luck, on your elliptical, keep an eye on craigslist, you might find a gently used one for less. People start to ditch stuff they bought in January! P.s. My Mom had no trouble with drugstore.com, and she says she has used it several times for different equipment purchases. ( hope that helps)

Cake batter, WTG on your miles! I love to see the tickers move!!!!!! As far as Nordic track envy, I will give you a little hint. I got 3 for $20/each at a local thrift store. It is not an elliptical, but I owned one of these "magic Machines" several years ago (when I lived In CA) It is a magic machine! I get a total body workout, and it is great on the waist. When I first started, I lost 11 inches in the 1st month!!!!!! That is magical!!!! LOL- funny I really only love it when I am not on it! I say ugly things to it while I am using it!
HEY, Terapet, and Ms Perception, have you ever tried pilates? I had a really great instructor at my last gym, and it was fantastic. I think it is yoga-like, definately good on the abs, and flexibility. I still do a lot of the positions, and stretches.
Yay! Jaqui- wtg on consistancy! You are rocking it!!!!!!

4/1- 3miles walking
4/2- 1 mile (15 minutes on nordic track) + long bad day at work!
4/3- 3.3 miles on nordic track, upperbody weights, and 2x40 reps ab lounge
4/4- 4 mile hike, .5 miles nordic track
4/5- shopping? I did get like 8000+ steps but did not sweat
4/6- 40 min Nordic track, upper body wts, 100 reps on ab lounge.
4/7- 57 min Nordictrack (3.3 miles), Walk 1 mile, 40 reps on ab lounge
4/8-
week 1 total miles-

Girls I am feeling a little more in the groove today! Thanks for your support!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:53 PM   #88  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Funny you should mention Pilates, Lewisempire...that's what I did today. I use a dvd since that is just what I have at the moment, but I really like it.

My Minutes:
4/1: 68 min (WAH 5 miles), 32 Wii Fit
4/2: 38 min (WAH 3 miles w/stretchies), 58 min Wii Fit
4/3: 42 min Taebo
4/4: 38 min (WAH 3 miles w/weights), 45 min walk to park
4/5: day off
4/6: 65 min (WAH 5 miles)
4/7: 30 min pilates, 10 min run
Week #1 Total: 456 minutes (WOW! I had no idea I'd gotten that many minutes in!)
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 08:14 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hi Ladies! Yay! The end of the first week, on to the second! I'm so glad I met my goal the first week, and I know I wouldn't have done it without this thread! You girls amaze me! You're all so athletic and motivated with your jogging and pilates and Nordic tracks and all. I'm just happy with the few minutes on my recumbent bike or walks around the block, lol! But that's me! I'm keeping it real for who I am--I know I'm not an exercise kind of gal, never have been, and so I'd better stick to the things that I can do for life, because I really do want to make this change for life. But you ladies, wow, you really do amaze me and I get thrilled by your successes! Reading your posts is like watching the "Biggest Loser" for me--I know I'll never be doing what you're doing, but you inspire me all the same! I always think if you all can do all that, the least I can do is to get myself moving for what little bit I do! And when I follow through, it makes me happy (and somewhat surprised) lol! Great job, chickies!!! I'm really proud of you, and myself! Yay! Keep it up!!

OLD GOAL: April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked! April 5--Walked! Biked! NEW GOAL: April 6--Biked! Biked! April 7--Biked! Biked!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-08-2009 at 08:56 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:43 AM   #90  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqui_D View Post
Hi Ladies! Yay! The end of the first week, on to the second! I'm so glad I met my goal the first week, and I know I wouldn't have done it without this thread! You girls amaze me! You're all so athletic and motivated with your jogging and pilates and Nordic tracks and all. I'm just happy with the few minutes on my recumbent bike or walks around the block, lol! But that's me! I'm keeping it real for who I am--I know I'm not an exercise kind of gal, never have been, and so I'd better stick to the things that I can do for life, because I really do want to make this change for life. But you ladies, wow, you really do amaze me and I get thrilled by your successes! Reading your posts is like watching the "Biggest Loser" for me--I know I'll never be doing what you're doing, but you inspire me all the same! I always think if you all can do all that, the least I can do is to get myself moving for what little bit I do! And when I follow through, it makes me happy (and somewhat surprised) lol! Great job, chickies!!! I'm really proud of you, and myself! Yay! Keep it up!!

OLD GOAL: April 1--Biked! April 2--Biked! Walked! April 3--Biked! April 4--Walked! April 5--Walked! Biked! NEW GOAL: April 6--Biked! Biked! April 7--Biked! Biked!
Jacqui - I believe that is the "key" to staying healthy ,.....doing things you can live with and I agree. It is why I havent jumped to lifting weight and a bunch of othere things. First I had to get jogging and elliptical iunder my belt and now I am adding Push up and Sit ups. Lastly I will add yoga. The thing I love about my workouts is w/ the ecxeption of the elliptical I can do everything outside or at home...which is key for me!

MsP and Lewisempire - I have NEVER tried pilates. I have heard it was quite the workout!

Lewisempire - i will bel looking around for deals. I cuss the whole way too (at the gym of course) but once I make I am estatic!