Old 03-31-2009, 01:15 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 226/226/170

Height: 5'6"

I'm totally new to this site--and when I say totally new, I mean I literally just sent in my username confirmation about five minutes ago. I don't know if there are certain steps I need to take to start using the site properly... but I figured the best way was to jump right in! Any suggestions you veterans can offer would be greatly appreciated!

My goal for April is to do some kind of cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, whatever) at least three times a week, and I want to lose eight pounds this month.
Good luck to you all!

Starting weight: 223
Goal weight: 170
steviemcqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Someone asked about compiling a list. I have time, so I thought I'd go ahead and do that. Here's who we have so far. If I need to change any information, please just let me know. Also, I can add new people as they join. I hope everyone is excited to get started!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; exercise 6 days a week for an avg. of 45 min; lose 6 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-01-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 02:51 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

WOW Jacqui Thanks. That is awesome!
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:04 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Height: 5'7"

Thanks Jacqui for the list!!

How's everyone doing on their challenge?? So far I'm doing okay...last night the family had pizza, and I ate a salad instead. Yay me!! That was a big step for me
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 03:37 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 370/320/190

Height: 5'7"

It's funny, I just posted this morning before I weighed myself and I'm down 1lb. I still consider this an April thing though, since just yesterday it was still at 315 (and had been for a while).

I've been doing so well these past few days. For a while there I was struggling to get myself to make any real changes, but I've actually exercised 30 minutes each day for the past few days, and I'm being MUCH stricter about what I'm eating. So I think this month will be swell.
fenderella5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 04:47 PM   #36  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

HOLY COW! Jassica, Theresia, Dumplin, CandyKisses0204, Calisa86, Saramommy, CakeBatter, Jessacaca, Icandoallthings6613, Unwanted37lbs, MissNovis, Bronte155, Wyo_rose, Naughtymonkey01, Shrinkingleah, Timkerbelle, Wifey, Desi, FitSarah, Fenderella5678, Branflake, Strawberryeyes, Econ_nerd, Jacqui_D, OK_Lizzy, Terapet, and Steviemcqueen!

I'm an oldie from the March thread...so good to see so many people motivated to make changes for the spring.

My April goals:
1. No Longer Be Obese
2. Exercise 6 days a week for an avg. of 45 min
3. Lose 6 pounds

Best of luck to all!

Last edited by Ms Perception; 03-31-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:14 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

You are welcome for the list. It's my pleasure! And thank you for the colorful welcome Ms_Perception. I've added your April goals to the list above!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 03-31-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:18 PM   #38  

Hi ladies and gent/s? I wouldn't want to exclude anyone

Busy day here, just got back from my parents awhile ago and saw the thread...WOW, we have quite the group here and the enthusiasm is catchy .

Jacqui, Jassica, Theresia, Dumplin, CandyKisees, Calissa, Saramommy, Cake Batter, Jessacaca, Icandoallthings, Unwanted, Missnovis, Bronte, Wyo-rose, NaughtyMonkey, shrinkinglea, Tinkerbelle, Wifey, Desi, FitSarah, Fenderella, Branflake, and Strawberryeyes I hope I didn't miss anyone.

To those of you who are new to the site Oh girls(guys) you will just love it here! . When I found this site, I felt like I found a goldmine! There are many many nice people here and a lot of knowledge, support, and very helpful information. When you have some spare time girls, I would urge you to scour the site a bit and check it out (if have not done so already).
There is a help section which answers a bunch of questions about creating tickers and some general help. Also , you may want to check out the philosophy of the site and how it got started! I am honestly still in awe of these lovely ladies who do all of this and provide us with this wonderful website! We truly are lucky to have it!

You will find many of the specific popular diets here such as southbeach, weight-watchers, sugar busters, carb watchers, oh just too many to list. There are not any fad diets listed and I beleive the belief on here, as well as by most experts, is not to go under 1200 cals. a day. I am sure it is better explained in the intro. but it is just so neat how they covered all of those plans! The mini goal and goal section is inspiring too! The general support thread is great too, I learned a lot from the wonderful ladies there. Have fun scoping it all out I sure did!

Hi fitsara : ), weigh-in days are at the discretion of each and every one of us. Some people prefer (and do best) weighing on a daily basis while others may like to weigh in on a weekly basis (or even bi-weekly, etc.).
We are each individual and unique and it depends on what works best for each of us. I don't do good with daily weigh ins, I go lol just love that emoticon! I typically have a once a week official weigh in day. I might take a peek at the scale mid week, sure, but I dont count any loss or gain until my weekly weigh in day. That just happens to work best with me psychologically (weighing too frequently creates enormous frustration for me as my body fluctuates quite a bit) though weighing on a daily basis works great for others. In a nutshell, it's your call! Also, if you report that weight on a daily basis or whichever point...is your call as well!

As far as how we hold ourselves accountable, I hold myself accountable by posting! We each hold ourselves accountable here. I know posting has helped me a lot this way. It isn't always easy to come in and say , oh I had a bad day or whatever, but that (in my mind) is one of the keys to success....that's when we get the support at a time we really need it and it's all part of the journey.

Regarding the master plan, Jacqui...ty girl, that was very nice of you! . Typically don't do one but I think it will be very helpful as a guage and reminder for us to go back and see our goals in writing and have a reference point, so that's neat! . As far as reporting , or having to report in at the end with those numbers......that is not an expectation here. If you want to report, by all means do! If you don't want to, that is Okay too! It is nice to have a safe environment. I Feel it's best to leave that up to ourselves to report or not as it may be helpful to some but much the opposite to others! Which brings us right back to accountability! lol We do it on our own but support one another and share in the process safe environment

Oh my goodness, lol I must run....how do you all feel about the above? Is everybody okay with it or have any concerns or comments? THis is OUR thread as a collective whole. Sorry for rambling girls, was just trying to be helpful in answering the questions. I am excited Oh , please don't hesitate to ask questions, there are a lot of great people here always willing to lend a hand . Talk soon, hope you all have a great night.

Jacqui, that list you composed helped me IONS already ...a big help to us all I am sure .
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:00 PM   #39  
Getting healthy!

S/C/G: 275/ticker/140

Height: 5'6"

I just did my first mini-challenge and loved it so I think I'd like to join in this month-long one!

My goal is 12lbs

SW- 229.4
GW- 217.4

That was my official weigh-in weight from Sunday so that's what I'll use.

~Onyx
enchantedonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 06:30 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 271/268/175

I began at 251.6 and weighed in today at 225.7 so it looks like just .1 shy of 26 pounds! Yay! So nine pounds gone, starting tomorrow.

I'm excited.
shrinkingleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:38 PM   #41  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

to all our newbies!!!

FSA ~ I'm in but I'm still doing no scale for April.

My non-weigh April goals are:

* Get back into a routine at the gym.
* POP at least 85% of the month.
* Very limited fast food.

Hopefully, getting back into exercise and eating right will show up positive when I bring back the scale in May!
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 08:04 PM   #42  

Hi MsPerception, yay and also hello to Onyx welcome.

Jacqui, I am loving that master plan more and more, lol that pic of the kitties you have is so cute! I am a real cat person.

MsPerception, happy to see ya! : ) Let's keep rocking it girl

Onyx, I havn't done one of those mini challenges yet but they look fun, glad you came aboard : ). Though I always have the long term goal in mind, I do best with mini goals or just taking it one day at a time....That quote you have there in your post is how I always remind myself to think, it has helped me so much in getting past a bad days/s etc. and in picking myself up and carrying on in the "NOW". .

Fenderella, I would absolutely count it towards April! That is a great start, good for you! . I think what you have done is a real accomplishment, congratulationsssss on exercising the past few days every day and making eating changes keep up the great work! It took me a loong time to get started again and It really is a great thing and/or feeling when we make those changes AND a super duper accomplishment! IN my opinion, it is very tough to just get started sometimes (always been the case with myself) and once that start has been made, it's sort of like a chain reaction! A good chain One good and successful link leading to another! Keep us posted and I will too! Let's keep on linking .

Hi Sara : ). Those who know me from the prior thread know how I feel about anyone who can resist that PPPPP word! lol I don't even dare spell it right now, it is my total weakness and toughest temptation but I have been doing good staying away from it lately. I find it true what they say, the more you have it, the more you crave or want it and vice verca. I don't know though! lol. That is the one food that defies all science and reason for me! Though I have been doing good staying away from it, not having any while others in the house were and had salad instead? Oh , I would be proud alright! As a matter of fact, after accomplishing such a feat, I wo uld feel like I can DO ANYTHING! seriously! wtg sara!

Hi cakebatter, Terapet, lizzy, eco nerd, and to all! Look forward to getting to know everyone. Sorry if i missed anyone or did not get to address everyone but hopefully in good time! .

As for me, I looked on the calender and figured out my weigh days. I will WI on April 9, 16,23, and 30th (on Thursdays and until/on last day of month).
I hope for the loss I seek but I will strive to continue eating healthy, exercise , and basically just feel better! I can't lie and say those darn numbers don't matter to me (they do!, no matter how much I try and fight it....I like to see those numbers go down!) but I have begun to appreciate more and more the other rewards. I realized that I no longer have tummy troubles, I can do so much more than I could, ah just so many things. ANyways , I look forward to our journey together .
Old 03-31-2009, 08:15 PM   #43  

oh my gosh , im sorry! Shrinking Lea, congratulations! That is a wonderful l oss! I am excited too! I always look at a new month, week, day,...as a clean slate in a way. Nice nick

Leaaa, hey you no scale or numbers needed....glad to see you! Awesome goals Lea, awesome! Welcome to a new month sweety, to a new month for us all gals.
Old 03-31-2009, 08:35 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

SW: post on 4/2
Goal: 178

So tomorrow I get a start on those miles....can't miss the first day of the month!!!! My weigh in days are as follows

April 2, 9, 16, 23 and the last day of the month....oooo same as Fullsteamahead Those are my WW days.

FSA I know what you mean about one sucessful chain links to another it is true.

So I really really wanted ice cream tonight and I am gonna go ahead and have some. Just one cup is 6 points and I have 10 left so I am on it STAT. Ttyll.

Last edited by CakeBatter; 03-31-2009 at 08:36 PM.
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 09:22 PM   #45  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

OMG! Just like spring, out little thread has blossomed!! This is soooo cool!
Hello, and welcome one and all! You all have really found a great group of ladies here! My goals for April are
1. 62 miles of exercise-which is minimum to reach my annual goal of 750.
2. lose 1.5 pounds per week= 6 pounds in April. I want to be realistic, if I can do more, I will.

good luck to everyone!

Last edited by Lewisempire; 03-31-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote