3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

April Weight Loss Challenge

Old 04-28-2009, 06:32 PM   #376

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

THE LAST WEEK!! If you meet your goal, we'd love to hear about it! And even if you don't meet your goal, we'd still love to hear about your successes and challenges! We're all in this together! GOOD LUCK to all!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
CakeBatter: Run 36 miles--MET GOAL!!; reach 178 lbs--MET GOAL!!
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Do the 5K in under 32 minutes--MET GOAL!!; finish senior thesis--MET GOAL!!; lose 9 lbs
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: Fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes--MET GOAL!!; lose 6 lbs--MET GOAL!!; no longer be obese
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise--MET GOAL!!; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
Efova: Reach 180 lbs
Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds--MET GOAL!!; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Savora: Lose 6 lbs

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 04-29-2009 at 11:27 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 06:39 PM   #377

Hi Ladies, oh my, I have had the most frustrating day! I woke up this morning to my internet not working, and I have been on the phone with my ISP on and off all day! It completely shot my day. I haven't even been to the Y yet, and I usually go every morning, but the good news is that my internet is now fixed and I am headed over to the Y. Yay! But first I wanted to check in here. Gotta keep up with the list, lol! I'll do personals when I get back. Talk to you again in a bit, girlies!

MINI GOALS:
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Old 04-28-2009, 11:37 PM   #378
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls.

I start moving tomorrow. I'm ready to get it over and done with. I'm thisclose to getting a new computer, I just need to get someone literate on the canteen phone line. Question: what gives people the impression that they can treat people in 'lesser' positions like crap? Oh, I'm sorry that I haven't latched on to a guy with a pension and popped out some kids. Would you like for me to kiss your feet? I realize that since I work in food service, I must not be very intelligent, therefore I shall defer to you even though you haven't worked food service....ever. Happy, asshat? And I hope that the VA police knows CPR because the next time they decide to have a fire drill and force me into a closed off hallway behind closed double doors, I can't guarantee that I will be concious once it's over. Suffocating is no fun.

My WL Blog: Luna Loses
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #379

Lea, it sounds like you had quite an ordeal! I hope you are feeling better now. You are so right that people have no right to treat others with disrespect or to tell them how to do their jobs when they have no expertise in that area! But hey, on a better note, good luck on your move!!

Lene, it sounds like it's a good idea that you are starting back on SB if you need structure. I don't know much about the program, but I love to pick up all kinds of books on diets, healthy eating, and weight loss (and then I steal the best ideas and incorporate them into my weight loss plan) and I just found a like new SB Diet hardback book at the thrift store. I haven't started reading it yet, but from what I've heard, I believe it promotes many of the foods that I go for, which are basically whole foods, protein, complex carbs, etc. Anyway, good luck!

Urock, I hope you have a great time on vacation!!

Wifey, I know what you mean! I keep fluctuating between 198-199. I so wanted to meet my goal of 10 lbs this month, but I don't think I'm going to lose 2 lbs by tomorrow, especially since I'm going to strength-train today. But I am very thankful for the weight I have lost! Oh, and I believe FSA is going to start the May thread. Is that right FSA? You're so good at it!!

Fenderella, I hope things get better for you real soon! Hang in there!!

Lewis, I'm so glad that you were able to go outside and get in some exercise to switch up your routine! Great job on the 5.2 miles!!!

MINI GOALS:
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Old 04-29-2009, 11:20 AM   #380

S/C/G: 193/183/165

Height: 5'2"

hey girls.. Congratualations everybody. I have sort of fallen off the boards the last few day between work, flylady.net and everyday life. I am still here and can't wait for may!!!!

CakeBatter ~Ashlan~
http://BadAshFitness.com/

If you don't pass out, puke or die....Keep Going
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:12 PM   #381

goodmorning girlsssss

Lot's of posts and lot's of news! Miss you all 2 more days left! Doing ok here but feel a little bloated, I got TOM the other day! It was much earlier than expected but at least I will be ok this coming weekend and have it out of the way to start our new month.

It was 94 yesterday! lol Unreal. Dh took a half day and we went to the beach. Most of the beach was closed off due to the piping plovers nesting but we stayed for a bit to go for a walk and get a little sun. I did pretty good with TOM and all and felt better than the day before. Today we are back to seasonal temp, around 60. Okay, enough about me...want to c hat with my gals .

urockmom, glad you enjoyed that terrific hot weather we had and now you are on vaca girl........I hope you have a super time and am looking forward to seeing you upon your return

econnerd, wtg on your water intake and on your progess with the food intake. Congrats on a semester about to be completed! Looking forward to seeing you in the May challenge as well, keep up the good work

Lewisempire, hi there girl! . wtg on the geocaching hike! You got in a lot of miles there. How is your garden doing? Your going on the disney cruise to the bahamas end of May??? Yipeeeeeeee! That is a super duper incentive too! Let's keep on rocking it Hope your having a great day and get time off from work soon or your so called weekend. Keep shining

Fenderella, a happy belated birthday to you I hope you had a lovely time. Ty for your kind words to us, you too girl! You have done so well and worked hard,,, keep on fighting and keep up the good work . Hope all is ok there and yes, absolutely see you in our new thread..if not sooner.

Msperception, come out and play! lol Hope all is well there chicky.

Jacqui, h i there my lady Ty so much for you words Indeed, now that the special events are over, no more a little of this or that, etc. It is very difficult for me to lose and hard work to even maintain surrounding a lot of events like that. Ty for the encouragement and advice, very eloquently put ..may I add! lol. You rock . Oh, I am glad t hat you got your internet back and all is okay now. Wtg on heading over to the Y after Hope your having a great day Jacqui : ).

Leneeeee, I did do pretty good at my aunts, thanks......but still! I have trouble losing when I am not super stict. Leneeeeeee? I have been thinking of doing the SBD again too! I have gotten away from my veggies, into the starches again and just with all the prior festivities and summer fast approaching, it couldn't be a better time to start. I want to do it with you my lady? I want to start with you Monday. Up for some company? lol I remember the first few days being difficult for me but then it getting easier and oh is the weight loss and shrinking tummy feeling grand! It really would help for me to do it with someone, so are we on my lady???

JasonsLea, I hope the move is going smoothly for you today. As far as what may of happened at work...of course not. I did all sorts of odd jobs (long time ago now, lol) to help put myself through college in the beginning and let's just say I was not always treated well. Your making an honest living honey, hold your head up high! : ). There are good people and not so good people, you just keep being yourself and the sweety that you are and don't let anyone change that! Good luck in your new pad, keep us posted .

Hiiii Cakebatter, good to see you girl, as always : ). Keep up the great work.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, a big hello to all!

I hope your all having a great day. Nice to see the eagerness for our new thread, Jacqui thanks girl, I will go put it up for us now so it will be ready and to give us time to plan and all and others to plan and join in with us if they chose . Until then girls, we have 2 days left! I 'll check back in t onight.....love our team girls let's keep it going.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #382

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Full Steam~ Absolutely we are on! I'm going to reread the book before Mon and make sure I get my grocery shopping done so I can hop right into it Monday AM. I also have to make sure I'm getting my water in. I don't know why I can go out and run 3 miles but I can't get myself to finish a glass of water.

Bring on May!!! I love the feeling of a fresh month.

Cake~ how are you doing with flylady? Are you into your routines?

Jacqui~ SB does promote the good things you said. But for me it does more. It makes me feel in control of what I put into my mouth. Like when hormones are flying I could eat an entire bag of chocolate or way too many warm-from-the-oven cookies. I binge and can't control it. After I eliminate those cravings during the 1st 2 weeks my appetite is minimal. I almost forget to eat my meals and I eat to fuel my body not because of stress or hormones. I'm not saying I don't have bad days once in a great while but overall I feel successful. Does that make sense?

I gotta run. I'll check in later.
Old 04-29-2009, 05:58 PM   #383
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Here I am! Good news: at WW last Thurs, I was down another pound + and hit 169.6 last Friday morning. Bad news: TOM hit me 2 days ago and won't let me go! My appetite has been unusually LARGE. I ate a whole pack of graham crackers with milk today! OOPS! Oh well, I think it has run it's course and I'm good to go again. Fortunately, the graham crackers were pretty much the worst thing I did food-wise.
I may eventually decide to get back to phase 2 of SBD, now that I hear you ladies talking about it. It did serve me pretty well in the past! It's basically what I do most of the time anyway.
Well, gotta run. Take care all!

Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:52 PM   #384

Hi girlsssssssssssssssss

Lene, oh goody! I am so excited! Me too! I will make sure i get all my groceries and plan my meals for our coming monday! lets rock it lene yay~

Msperception, wowwwwww you! yay! Congratulations on reaching your goal , that is so awesome. I am so happy for you, thanks for sharing and keep on trucking!

Jacqui, we would be lost without you! you are already working on our master plan, amazing. TY so much! I might be back later on okay?
love you girls, lets get ready for our new month...hugs
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #385

FSA, yes, lol, I figured I'd better get a jump start on it, considering how many we had join the April challenge!! I tried to pm you, but someone (with the initials of FSA) is VERY popular and her mailbox is full!

Ms_P, Congrats on the 1 lb!!! Does that put you at meeting goal?!!! It does, doesn't it??? Congrats!!! Does that also put you in the "overweight" category now?!

Lene, the SB Diet, does sound a lot like what I'm doing. I can't wait to read the book and steal some ideas!

Cake, we know you're busy, but don't stay away too long! We miss you!!

Wifey, did you see that the May thread is up now!

Fenderella!!!! Happy Belated 18th Birthday!!! Woohoo!! Did you get your driver's license?!

MINI GOALS:
MAINTENANCE GOAL:

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 04-29-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:22 PM   #386
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hi girls~
Jaqui- You can mark goal met next to my mileage! Just in time. However, I only lost a total of 4 pounds And chances are I will not lose 2 pounds by tomorrow. I am still happy about my progress in April, Slow and steady. This time it will stick!
I know a lot of you chicks have moved onto the May thread, but I am dragging my feet, I am having a struggle to commit to a goal. I will keep thinking on it....... I will post again soon! Love you all!!!!!!

Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:42 PM   #387

LEWIS!!!! Congrats on making goal!!! I knew you could do it!!!
That was just wonderful commitment and determination!!!! Great job!!! And your scale is like my scale, lol! Stuck on the last two lbs!! Oh well, we lost and that's what counts! We are closer to our overall final goal than we were a month ago! Woohoo!! I know you are very busy, but I sure hope you join us for the May challenges! You help us and we help you! What would we do without our Lewis?!

MINI GOALS:
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Old 04-30-2009, 07:09 AM   #388

S/C/G: 317/305+/150

Height: 5'6''

Is today our final report day or do we report tomorrow morning once April is complete?? If it is today I am down 5.8 for the month. I didn't hit minus ten but I'll take what I get. Next month I will kick up the exercise and that will help!

GOALS:
1) Break the "E" on my scale (no more error message)
2) 10% of weight lost
3) 20% of weight lost
4) Onederland
5) Hit my high school weight 175 pounds
6) Final goal of 150! (this might be adjusted as I get closer)
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 10:28 AM   #389

Econ, GREAT job!!! 5+ lbs gone FOREVER!! WTG!! I imagine people will be checking in here tomorrow too.

I have some good news and some bad news. The bad news is that I didn't reach goal. The good news is that I didn't reach it by only 1 lb! I lost another pound!! I didn't think I'd lose any from yesterday to today since I did strength training yesterday and I knew I'd hold onto water to help my muscles heal. But I drank LOADS of water and also green tea (and I was up three times using the bathroom during the night, lol)! When I got up this morning, I was so surprised to see 197 lbs on the scale! Yay!!

MINI GOALS:
MAINTENANCE GOAL:

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 04-30-2009 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM   #390

THE LAST DAY!! If you meet your goal, we'd love to hear about it! And even if you don't meet your goal, we'd still love to hear about your successes and challenges! We're all in this together! GOOD LUCK to all!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Original goal: Lose 8 lbs to reach 163--MET GOAL!!; New goal: Lose 3 more lbs to reach 160 lbs
CakeBatter: Run 36 miles--MET GOAL!!; reach 178 lbs--MET GOAL!!
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Do the 5K in under 32 minutes--MET GOAL!!; finish senior thesis--MET GOAL!!; lose 9 lbs
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: Fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes--MET GOAL!!; lose 6 lbs--MET GOAL!!; no longer be obese
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise--MET GOAL!!; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!
TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs--MET GOAL!!; maintain a positive attitude--MET GOAL!!; keep eating OP--MET GOAL!!; keep exercising and trying new things--MET GOAL!! (getting hurt time doesn't count--doctor's orders!); enjoy life!--MET GOAL!!
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
Efova: Reach 180 lbs
Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds--MET GOAL!!; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Savora: Lose 6 lbs

MINI GOALS:
MAINTENANCE GOAL:

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 05-02-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.