April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 25 of 27
Go to
  • girls!

WHOOOHOOO everyone is doing great!

TOM started yesterday which explains the bottomless pit my stomach was a few days prior. Thank god I took off a few days this week and next week for the move. This morning I was able to just lay in bed and moan. Washed the rest of my dirty clothes and got some more packing done, just need to get to Wallyworld to get another storage container. I'll probably do some more packing before I get to bed.

Has anyone seen the new WE show, I Want To Save Your Life? I watched it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. The person was this woman named Jennifer, busy working mom. The scene that stood out to me was when he went with her to her favorite bakery and let her get her usual piece of chocolate cake. BUT as soon as they walked out, he let her know that it would take 2 1/2 hours of walking to burn off the calories for the slice of cake and they were going to walk those 2+ hours before she could eat the cake, while she was holding it! 2.5 hours to walk off a piece of cake?! WHOA!
  • Econ, congrats on your 5.8 lbs down! That's great!! I do hope that we are going to be doing a May challenge, because this April challenge has helped me so much!!

JasonsLea, I feel for you, girl! Having to deal with TOM and packing?! Ouch! It is such a good thing that you took some time off! I haven't watched that show you're talking about, yet! Your mention of it reminded me that when I saw a commercial for it a few days ago, I set my VCR to record it, so I'll probably be watching it today!

My scale is being stubborn! All I need is 2 lbs to make my goal of 196, but it's playing games, going back and forth between 198 and 199 now. Oh well, I know I'm doing everything right--eating well, drinking lots of water, and exercising-so it's only water weight and not fat, which is great news, but still, it would be nice if my scale would cooperate and help me to make goal, lol! :

I hope everyone has a great day! Enjoy this sunshine!
  • Good morning girlsssssssssss

Hope you are all having a terrific weekend!

Econ nerd, congratulations on your loss! That's super. Yes, we are doing a May challenge too! .

JasonsLea, wtg on getting all that moving done. Hope your feeling better. I havn't seen that show but yikes on having to walk 2+ hours to b urn off that cake!

Jaqui, hi there . Your doing awesome, keep at it...don't let the scale drive you too nutty. We still have all this week too...either way, your doing great!

HI to all of you. I know a lot of us are getting that heat wave! It hit 91 here yesterday! Dh and I went to the beach and took it easy and went to bed early last night, we were both so sleepy. I am glad I sl ept well because we have a big day today. I need to go get ready now, we are going to my aunts house and it's about 1 hour and 40 minutes away! It is already in the 80's ladies! Hot , hot, hot! I will be back tonight or in the morning to keep you posted........enjoy you day .
  • girls!

Just a quick note then I'm off to bed!

Four days till May! Basically the start of the summer season. Anyone got any plans, vacas, family reunions, etc?
  • Goodmorning girls

How is everyone? Hope you all had a nice weekend. I taketh a lot of us are getting that hot front. It is like summer! It's been in the low 90's here the past few days and going to be in the 80's the next two days!

Hi Lea, yessssss, 4 more days! Aside from a get-together with friends (and not sure w hat we are doing memorial day weekend yet), I have nothing else planned, how about you? Hope you had a great weekend.

Ladies, my weekend and the hot weather was a reminder to me ( in more ways than one) of how important it is for me to stay OP. Hot weather, cookouts, get togethers, party's! I better stay as active as possible to counteract some of the things but I also must be very careful inbetween events or things of that occasion.
    Friday I had a great day with my mother. She came over and we caught some rays an d had a light lunch. We went for a walk in the afternoon (along with DH) and then had a lovely barbq. for dinner. I don't like swordfish so I made burgers too! Ay ay ay, I hadn't had one in a long time and it was delicious but I ended up eating another one later at night!
    Saturday was indeed a summer like day and DH and I went to the beach. I wore this little t-shirt thingy which is light and comfy and it felt great being at the beach but let me just say that was a reminder in and of itself for me to stay OP! I knew the nice weather would sneak up like that, I have been saying it all along.........but didn't expect it to hit that fast! lol . It was a good reminder and all the more incentive to keep on going and going strong!.
    Yesterday we were gone all day, went to my Aunts house for the get together. It was so nice to see everyone and yes, they had a very large spread as usual. Despite all the food, I did well.....moreso because I am not a big meat or seafood eater (except for haddock) and had some chicken and a pretty healthy plate (though certainly not lacking anything). Dinner was again pretty good, portionwise and otherwise....though I indulged in a little of the leftover dessert we were given ( a greek cookie and a few bites choc.). Good th ing I was real OP all last week and prior to this weekend and kept up with my workouts, but I need to get right back on the ball today ladies and not let anything , not one thing, get past me that isn't supposed to! Better be really good now because it's going to get harder for me when that real summertime weather hits later on....and I want to enjoy it.
    We have 4 days left before May 1........let's keep on truckin' and give it our all. How did you girls do over the weekend? and how was your weekend?
    I am ready for our new day, our Monday.........pulling myself back in and getting ready for our final stretch. As much as I love nice weather, it scared me in the sense of being afraid of straying or getting lost...ah ah Hope you all woke up to the sunshine today and have a terrific day. Talk more s oon,
  • Good morning everyone!

I hope that everyone had a terrific weekend. I took advantage of the good weather and spent Saturday at the beach, just like FSA, and then yesterday after church we went on a lovely hike (~4 miles) in the woods. Ponds with beaver dams and creeks with waterfalls. Just beautiful!

The scale is making me a little crazy at the moment since for the last 5 days I have been up & down by 3.5 pounds so I don't really know what is going on since I am not near TOM. I am just going to wait it out and assume that it will settle down at some point. The ticker-of course-is not moving from its low point. [I made my goal and I'm sticking to it!]

It is another terrific day here so I am hoping to get out for a bike ride later today. I hope everyone has a super, OP day today!!!
  • I'm still plugging along. I ate a few things yesterday that I didn't need to but at least I didn't over do it. Usually when I splurge I eat til I am WAY too full. Yesterday I had some treats and ended the day feeling comfortable. The scale was still up a couple pounds this morning but I am drinking plenty of water (working towards 75 ounces already!) so that should flush the extra salt away.

I do know exactly why my weightloss has not been as good as I hoped this month - I slacked off on the exercise. Work has just been way too busy but the semester is nearly over and then my time is mine again I will get back on the exercise bandwagon and keep up with the good eating.

Good job to everyone else here - next month I also hope to tune in and participate more in the conversations here!
  • Hi Ladies!! Don't you just love this weather?!

Urock, I had to laugh at your comments about not moving your ticker. That is so me!! Lol! I figure if I've overeaten enough to account for the higher weight, okay yes, I'll move the ticker back up, but when I know I've been OP and that it's just water weight...nope! I'm staking my claim on the the lower weight! Now, if I can just get that doggone scale to move down two lbs! Obviously, it doesn't realize I'm trying to make goal here, lol!

FSA, I'm so glad you had such a good weekend with your family!! I'm so glad you got to spend such a relaxing day with your mom and hubby and that your aunt's dinner wasn't postponed! And now that your special events are over, think no more in terms of just an "extra" bit of this or "another one" of that. You did that with great planning, but now it's OP till the 30th of April!! Let's do it!!

Lea, my husband and I have a timeshare week in Va. Beach in August, but we might let our 21-year-old son have it this year instead. We are thinking about planning a trip around our state, seeing the sights and landmarks here. Maybe we can stay at some state parks with hiking trails too! The only thing about that is that I have a phobia of ticks, and I am always so nervous when I walk in a wooded area! I'll have to tuck my hair up under a hat and load up on the bug spray, lol!
  • Congratulations to those who hit your goal!!!!

I had to be at work at 4AM and am getting sleepy so I need to go exercise before I decide napping is more important then having a fabulous body.

I'll try to catch up later. Good Job chicks!!
  • Econ, great job in stopping after a reasonable amount of snacking and not splurging!!!!! Really, that is a big step! That is the downfall of so many well-intentioned dieters, so I think it's great that although you used to "blow it," this time you didn't! Yay!!! Good for you!

Great job in sticking to your exercise, Lene!
  • Hi girls,
    I for one am glad the weekend is over...I was stuck at work for most of it But I do agree the weather was nice. Today, went geocaching/hiking got 5.2 miles in It is so much easier than talking myself into getting on the nordic track!

Jaqui- good advice! I agree!

Lene- HaHa, sounds like the same argument with myself! Glad you won!

econ- It is definately difficult to stay focused when you are soooo busy. I hope May finds you with more time to spend on you!

Urockmom- I hate it when the scale takes you on a rollercoaster ride! Keep on fighting, and you will make that goal stick!

FSA- ohhhhh, I am so glad you had some good beach weather! I remember talking about walking in the sand! mmmmmm bet it felt great!!!!
    Jasonslea-that show sounds cool! i would not walk for a piece of chocolate cake, but I would definately walk for Ice Cream!!!!! As far as plans, I get to go on a Disney cruise the end of May to the BAHAMAS Lucky ME!!!
    then the rest of the summer, will be split between work, gardening, and time at the lake! Do you have plans?

Girls I have an early date with work in the morning, so off to bed I must go! Good night!
  • Hey guys, just letting you know I didn't drop off the planet. I've been having some family drama lately and I haven't been able to post much. I just need a few days away from the computer but then I'll be back. April is almost over! You guys all did amazing! I hope we can all do as well in the May challenge!
  • I keep fluctuating 1- 3lbs! Definitely not gonna lose 8lbs in 2 days, but I'm up'ing my goal to 10lbs for the month of May!

I'll weigh myself on Thursday and hope that I've lost at least 2lbs of the 8lbs I was supposed to lose this month!

Who's gonna start a new thread on Friday for a May Weight Loss Challenge?
  • Hi ladies!

I have to post really quickly today as we are leaving on vacation. I won't be posting for the rest of the month but I'll be with you in spirit and am sending

to everyone so they can get to the finish line! I'll be back early next week to see how everyone did for April and to join in on the May challenge.

to everyone!!!
  • Have a wonderful vacation Urock, we'll see you in May!

I had some bad eating days. I'm starting SB again on Monday. I think, I need to have that structure for eating. The exercise is much easier for me at this point. I don't think I'll hit my goal but I guess we'll see.

Wifey~ good luck on those couple of pounds, I hope you see good things on the scale.

Fenderella~ sorry for the family drama, take care of yourself.

Lewis~ 5.2 miles wahoo!

Econ~ great job on your water and not over indulging!

Jacqui~ you are doing all the right things and it would definitely show on the scale soon.

FSA~ I'm glad you had a nice time with family and at the beach. You are so right about being aware and keeping at it with all the summer temptations around. We had a cookout this past weekend and I really didn't plan for anything healthy. I have to make sure I plan a little better during this season. It sounds like you handled your food situation at your Aunt's very well. Good Job, Lady!

Lea~ 2.5 hours of walking for a piece of cake, holy cow that put it in perspective. I'm not sure what all our plans our for vacation. I know we are hosting a family reunion at our house, Memorial Day picnic here, Mother's Day most likely here. I'm looking forward to getting thru the 1st 2 weeks of May. I have a very full plate with school obligations, work, kids sports ect... and then I can think of summer. Are you going anywhere special??