April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 21 of 27
Go to
  • Hi all

Just wanted to catch you up...

I have a pinched nerve caused from a bone spur in the neck. I am trying physical therapy and if that doesn't work I have to have surgery.

Right now I am trying to get through each day with the pain. No exercise allowed but I am eating OP.

I am down to 200.

I will catch up on the posts next time I can be at the computer for 5 minutes.

Gotta go..
    Miss you all!
  • HI again ladies, hope you all had a great day. How did it go? Hard to beleive it's Friday already!

MsPerception, your something else! congratulationsssssssssss! On the loss and on everything else. You are so busy with the move and all, yet you still found the time to find the nearest WW meeting and attend! wtg sweet girl! I hope you and your honey go on that nightly getaway real soon! You so deserve it! Ty for updating us and congratulations once again on your loss!

Wifey, wtg on getting back on track, to the gym, and cutting out the pop! Keep on truckin'.......it's a daily battle but we can do it ! Keep up the good work : ).

Lewisempire, hiya darling ! Oh my gosh, you have been busy indeed! YOur freind is getting married on Saturday? Lot's of social activities indeed, but how fun! Nice of you to help her get ready too, I am sure she is lucky to have you. Lewis??? lol When I read what you wrote, I thought, "oh, what did I do"? lol, so I scrolled up and saw that typo I made! Cakeeeee, it was a typo chicky! lol....... Lewisempire, Dh made my day yesterday! Well , I planted the rest of the plants (all of them ) in their second phase home and then DH showed up with the buckets and trellise's we were talking about! He planted them in there too! 3 foot long buckets, 4 of them! There are still a lot of plants to go but at least the ones that were going way past the sticks I put in (about 3 feet tall already) got their final home! My god, was I happy. I just didn't have time to go shopping for it and trasplant them yet again, with our Easter coming up this Sunday and all. THe guy got biggggg brownie points, lol and he is excited about them too which of course is so cool! . Have a marvelous time at your friends wedding tomorrow! W e will talk soon

Fenderella, hi there girl! wtg on that bellydancing. It took me a while too to finally start exercising, I had my hands full at first just getting a grip on my eating habits and late night eating. I think it is so good that your keeping track of your calories. I am not sure if your familiar with it or not but there is a website called fitday.com. I don't go there, but the girls who do can prob help you out if I am off track. Another awesome site which I love and utilize a lot is calorieking.com! It is so neat, they list chain restaurants and everything! Anyways, wtg on your moving forward! As for the exercise, do you like walking? I think we need to enjoy what we are doing, it's so hard to stick with something otherwise. Nice to have a partner but I often walk alone. Fenderalla? This is for you! you got back on the scale and oh, your attitude! You go girl! kick some hiney! I agree with urockmom by the way, your a beauty, I thought that from the getgo. Keep on truckin' .

Urockmom!!!!!!!!! hi! omg! lol. Busy here too! I am so glad your better and were able to run again without any pain, aw you, I'm glad! : ). What a day too ha? it hit 72 here today! I snuck in 40 minutes in the sun! Ohhhhh, it felt so good. I went out back on the deck, got b uck naked (ah ha, lol) and slathered hawaiin tropic oil all over me! TMI , i know! but it felt so good to be in the sun again. It is absolutely amazing how much color I got in just 40 minutes! It's that oil I tell you! lol. Needless to say, some verizon dude showed up in the driveway whilst I was out there good thing I had put towels around the fence around deck and that DH was home working in the garage! The guy would of been traumatized for life had he wandered up the back deck, lol . Hope you had a great day !

posting this before I lose it and brb.
  • Jacqui, congratulationsssssssssssssssss! I was so happy when I read your news that you got the Y membership! Congrats! Thanks for your support and encouragement jacqui!

Hattie, ty so much for keeping us posted. From what I hear, physical therapy can help a lot these days. It cant be easy what your dealing with, get better and feel better ........ you way Hattie! Congrats on your weight loss and being OP, your a real trooper!

Hi to all of you, Scarlett (how are you?), Lene, Christian, and to all of you ladies! Happy Friday!

As for my news girls, busy! Love it though as I am excited to have my family over and get the house done too! I did the grocery shopping today, omg! lol. Well, everyone will have a nice doggie bag to take home and no one will have to cook Sunday night. I have been real OP and will tomorrow too (hold me to it) and then will eat on Sunday with my family but need to watch out for Monday! I have been so active the past few days and one thing I noticed which is really neat is that I can do so much more now than in the past. Before, my neck and back would get me after such heavy cleaning, work, etc. Now , I can do soooo much more! It pays off, it really does! I notice a difference! Oh, I will be gald when the house is done though! lol
    It's so nice having you all here, I wouldn't be doing as well without you all, not by a long shot. Let's stick together and keep on trucking okay? I know we can do this....Have a wonderful start to the weekend girls! Let's try and start our new week with a bang and be good! That will be a task for me this weekend! : ) Catch you all soon, I will keep you posted and please do the same when you get a chance.
  • You guys are so sweet! You're all making me feel tons better about this.
    I actually have some good news too! I started a diet blog to keep track of things (I'm also using daily plate to make sure it's all accurate), and it's getting tons easier to get back on track. I'm even exercising again! And I'm starting to gain control of my ravenous hunger. :P
    FSA - Yeah actually I love walking. I'm sure it's not very engaging, but it's easy. I used to go out and just listen to my mp3 player and it made it much more fun, but I lost my mp3 player around Christmas. Today I discovered Walk Away the Pounds though, and it is AMAZING. I can't even believe it, it's so perfect for me. I usually walk on my road but I live on a dirt road so when it rains it stays muddy for a while, that's one of the reasons I wasn't doing it for a few days there. But it's crazy how easy this video is to do. I just walked 2 miles in 30 minutes, and it was so easy. I'm feeling much more optimistic now. I just have to get back to sleeping earlier and waking up early then I'll be set.
  • Fenderellaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, yayyyyy! omg! that is awesome! awwww, congrats on the walking videooooooo! You found a way, wtg! I think s ome of our girls, ms perception maybe too? lol, did the walkig video and had great results from it! What a great way to get your walkign in despite that muddy walkway! go girl go! Oh fenderella, In eed to get to bed earlier and wake up earlier too! lol. oh god yes! With warmer weather coming, it happens naturally usually, let's hope so! lol sleep well and congrat again on the workout
  • girls!

OMG I'm like schizo with this moving! One day, I'm so nervous and terrified and the next, like today, I'm SO happy and psyched up!

Susie took me to Wallyworld so I was able to get a crapload of groceries.

For some reason, I want to get dolled up.
  • Hi Ladies! I am so excited! I have lost another 1 lb, which means I met my first mini goal! Yay! (Then I got carried away having fun changing my signature, lol!)

JasonsLea, oooo, dolled up! How fun! I say go for it!

Fenderella, good for you starting a diet blog! Way to stay committed, girlie!

FSA, woohoo! Lost that 1/2 lb! I knew you would! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hattie, oh my, I am so glad you went to the doctor! I will certainly put you in my prayers that the physical therapy will work and you won't have to have surgery. You take care!

Ms_P, Way to go on finding a WW meeting so quickly and for losing 1.2 lbs! Yay!
  • Jacquiiiiiii, I just caught your post before logging out! yayyyyy congratulations on the additional lossssssss and on meeting your first mini goal You have a terrific weekend too : )

Jasonslea, I hope you had a terrific day and will be settled into your new place real soon : )

okay, I better get back to work. I am getting tired now, I want the cleaning to be done! I am almost done, then I will be sooooooo happy! lol Wish you all a wonderful day and weekend
  • Good morning ladies! Thanks so much FSA! I hope everyone is having a great weekend! It is absolutely beautiful here in central Ohio! I had such a great night last night! As an early b-day present, my daughter took me to a jazz event, featuring Bill Cosby! OMG, he was so funny!! I laughed so hard my cheeks and the muscles in my abdomen hurt! His timing is incredible, and that voice! We couldn't believe we were seeing him in person. It was such a great time! We also went out to eat beforehand, and I had steamed veggies, salmon, and a dry baked potato, but they saturated the steamed veggies and salmon in butter! My daughter said it wasn't that bad but rather I just wasn't used to eating butter. Oh my word, it was buttery. Anyway, I ate it, trying to let go of the worry that I would regain the 1 lb loss I had yesterday, but I guess it wasn't that bad (plus we ate so early) because I was absolutely shocked when I got on the scale this morning to find I had lost another 1 lb!! I am now 3 lbs away from meeting my April goal and being out of the obese range forever!! I am just so thrilled!
  • On Friday I read thru all the posts and spent 25 minutes writing personals to everyone. Somehow I navigated away from the page without actually posting it and lost it all. I didn't have time to repost but I want you to all know I was here and thinking of you.

So I have a little good news>> I lost a pound! I feel like something clicked inside of me these last couple of days and it makes me feel optimistic again. I had this same feeling last year and I lost 30+lbs and ran my first 5K. I'm hoping I can challenge myself and win again this time around too.

Jacqui, look at you go!!! Congrats on that extra pound! I'm glad you had a great time with your daughter. Bill Cosby is hysterical and you must have an amazing daughter for coming up with such a great gift.

FSA, I'm glad you are almost done with your cleaning. My week of cleaning is just beginning. I'm off work this week and need to get my spring cleaning done and I'm dreading it. I used to do Flylady and had a great system down but as my children multiplied I fell off track. I can't wait to be able to sit back and enjoy having a clean house. Have a good Sunday!

Jasonslea, you have so much excitement going on! Good luck with the move!

Fenderella, you're back in the game! Great job getting back on track! I feel like you and I are running parallel with our mindset. When you are struggling I seem to be too and right now we both are going back to what made us successful before.

Hattie, I am so sorry that you are suffering right now. Your attitude seems just as positive and strong as ever. I hope the therapy works for you and you get some relief soon.

Ms. P on the loss! Thanks for posting even during your time of chaos.

Urock, Good job staying on track and getting your exercise in. I hope you had a nice time doing your yard work. I spent some time outside enjoying the 70's weather too.

Christie, I hope you are doing well girly.

Okay, I need to get going. I have flowers to buy, grocery shopping and tons of other things to get done today. Have a great Sunday everyone!
  • okay ladies I came to post beacause I need some help. But now I feel bad because I am sooooo far behind in personals. Please don'tkill me if I hold off until this evening please.....

OMG Girls I am going to straight up cry if I don't cuss someone out! Everyone know last week was the BF's Bday and I took to Richmond overnight and we ate at Maggiano's, Ihop and Red Robin followed by MExican for hos ACTUAL birthday. Anyway he wanted fried chicken and macaroni and cheese for his Bday from his mom so she said she would make it for him. He invited a couple of his friends over and he actually expects me to come too. WTF I am not f**** eating Fried CHICKEN AND MACARONI & CHEESE! F*** that. SO I was like i am not going....I am going to go to Costco and the gym while you are gone to your mom's. He actually said to me that it wrong for me not to go. It wouldn't be so bad if his momma wouldn't be like "aw baby, you can eat SOMETHING, just a piece of chicken. You never eat anything". It gets on my f**** nerves. My effin waistline can not afford another effin Bday dinner. How many Bday dinners are there gonna be, His gotdam Bday was MONDAY! The he had the nerve to be lik e, "you are the one who always says that you won't get influenced by what other people eat." Well duh I don't let mysefl give in but it is hard to do. Do you think I don't actually WANT to eat what everyone else is. ALSO I don't put myself dumba** situations if I can get out of them. Girls help me....I just want to cry.....any suggestions??? PS. Sorry for all the cussing

I promise I will be back for personals...I am just running

Fenderalla - Yay for the walking. You are getting back in the groove quickly

MsP - 1.2!!!! Awesome!!! Even with ALL the busy, busy, busy

FSA - It seems like you did pretty well for the family get together....WTG

Wifey - Good job giving up soda.That was such a challenge for me when I first gave it up.

Lewisempire - How was the wedding???
  • Good morning ladies. The wedding is finally over! Everything went well, and we all had a lot of fun! Very relaxed, back yard BBQ.
    Cake batter, can you show up with a green salad? I hear ya it is hard when no one else is on the diet wagon. My friends have finally wised up, they don't call to go out unless they are willing to go somewhere with healthy options. And they know if it is a potluck, I am bringing a salad. Can you call your BF mom, and tell her how much you love her yummy food, and that you can't be trusted around it. Ask her to help you by letting you bring a healthy salad. Maybe she will be understanding. It is good to have an open, honest relationship with this woman. Or, you can eat a huge healthy salad just before going, and have 1 piece of chicken, and remove the skin (feed it to the dog whatever), and a 1/2 a cup of mac/cheese. And just count the calories. If anyone says anything, say sorry, "Doctors orders!" Sorry for the long winded answer, but I think I would go, because life is too short not to participate, and this change has got to be for life....you can't just avoid it forever..... Hope it helps
  • Cake, Lewis made some excellent points! If you follow her advice, I don't think you can go wrong. I would be inclined to handle it a bit differently, however, so I'll throw my two cents worth in too. I would wish him the very best, tell him genuinely that you hope he has a wonderful time visiting with his Mom and friends, but that you are going to follow your original plans and go to Costco and the gym. See, the way I think, couples don't have to think alike, so he is perfectly entitled to go enjoy the b-day dinner that he really wants, not a problem, but you are perfectly entitled to follow your plans for the day, and that's okay too. You did celebrate his b-day with him, so it's not like you don't want to spend quality time with him. It's that you are taking care of yourself and I believe he needs to accept that. Tell him you'd love to visit with his mom and him another time, a time that doesn't involve food, that it's not that you don't want to spend the time with them, just you have a different idea about what you need to do. Anyway, I don't know if it's the best way, but it would be the way I would do it. You definitely need to support him (and you have!) and he needs to support you too. It's okay to do things as individuals, as well as as a couple.

Lewis, it sounds like you had a great time! That's super!

Lene, thanks! Yes, I do have a wonderful daughter, she is a sweetheart! And Bill Cosby was fantastic! I feel for you on losing your long post. That is always so frustrating!
  • Cake, I assume your dinner already happened? How did it work out, did you go or stick with your Costco/gym plan? I'm going to be in your shoes next week. It's Dh's b-day so we are going to a sushi/hibachi restaurant Friday and then b-day dinner on Sunday and my niece's b-day is in between. It's hard to fight temptation. I hope I have will power on my side.

I had a super busy day with lots of yard work and shopping. I still have to get my exercise and dinner in yet and it's already 8:30PM.
    I hope everyone had a good weekend. Talk to you tomorrow!
  • Ladies thanks for all the advice. Jacqui that is exactly how I felt about it. He made me feel very bad for wanting to go so I ended up going. Lewis I was going to pack a lunch but when I got home from the gym he rushed me out the house saying that everyine is waiting for him. See Lewis I know I can't avoid food forever but after last weekend and the pst week I felt like I have enough temptation for one week. I don't ususally do that but geeze how much can I take you know. Lene i ended sitting there smelling all the food and being miserable the entire time. then my BF said something about it and we got into this horrible argument because he said, "well nobody told you to sit there and starve". WTF. Well anyway it will blow over and we went to costco after and I had a salad there. I am sorry I have hogged the thread today ladies. I love you girls. Lewis I am glad you had such a wonderful time. It sounded like lots of run. Lene yay on a pound lost and running your first 5K WTG. jacqui wow sounds like a great Bday. Bill cosby! Awesome and WTG on a pound lost. You are doing it BIG girl! [