Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #286  

Hi ladies : )

Jacqui, ty! My rings are loose tonight so I think I got rid of those extra fluids! Fablynne, thanks. Hope you had a great day too, that you all did.

I had a good day. I picked up a roast chicken (as a matter of fact 2 of them) and had that along with a salad tonight. I got an extra one to eat some for lunch or dinner again tomorrow night. I didn't have too much of it last week and after having a breather from it for a bit, I don't mind to have it again. I do lose weight when I eat it so I try to have it for dinner when I can, that and fish. They are delicious too, they cook them on the rotisserie. I eat the white meat, no skin. Working on my water as we speak.
DH had to go pick up some parts after work so I didn't go for a walk with him and managed a short one myself. It was cooooooold on the route this afternoon/evening. The route is near the water and there was a pretty cool sea breeze in the air! Friday, we are due to hit 70 degrees! The weatherman said it will be the warmest we have had in the past 5 months and Oh boy does that sound devine! I am going to try and get to bed early tonight and do as much as I can tomorrow so that maybe I can sneak in a little time to catch some rays on Friday! Well girls, that is all my news for now. I hope you all had a good day and night and awaken to a good day tomorrow! I will catch you all tomorrow, sleep well .
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:57 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Default April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs -- MET GOAL!!
TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
Efova: Reach 180 lbs
Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Savora: Lose 6 lbs
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #288  

Thanks Jacqui sleep well
Old 04-15-2009, 10:10 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 183/177/160

Height: 5'2"

I am dead tired. Just wanted to say I am back Pre-Easter/ BF bday weight. I will do personals in the morning
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #290  

Goodmorning ladiesssssssss

Well I weighed in on the wii and I am up approx. 1/2 lb! (since last Fridays WI). The only thing I can do now is get rid of the extra and continue on with my week. Plan of attack is to have it be off by tomorrow! lol. This is tricky as I am sure you all know, we cannot often control such things but I am hoping with another good day today ......so anyways girls, I will report in again tomorrow morning ok?

I need to get a move on but wanted to wish you all a great day. Today is our new day to our new week! We have 2 weeks to go. Let's all make it a good day. Catch you all soon
Old 04-16-2009, 11:04 AM   #291  

Cakeeeeeeee, yay on being back pre eater weight! wtg girl! You are now starting with a clean slate onto our new week! Keep up the great work .
Old 04-16-2009, 11:12 AM   #292  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

My weight has had a challenge keeping up with my weird eating lately being all over the place, but I've really watched portions and all, so I am hopeful that I can still reach my April goals. So far, I've been very active over here, but it's been VERY different...I'm mostly doing gardening and walking. I need to probably up my intensity and stuff, but thank God things are still going the right way in general!
Everyone on here is doing well. Sorry to hear about all the injuries, but you ladies are still working at it and posting on here, so you're still being pro-active and not just letting it keep you down, so GREAT JOB!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:56 PM   #293  

S/C/G: 223/213/199

Height: 5'6"

I didn't eat well at all this past weekend, but I got my butt back to the gym last night! I felt great! Now to just continue that trend to hit my 8lb weight loss goal this month!

I've cut out the pop...I've just gotta get some more WILLPOWER and cut out the sugary crap!!!
Wifey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:25 PM   #294  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Looks like I wasn't alone in my struggles over the past few days, But I am glad to see I am in good company on getting back on track!!! I am helping a friend get ready for her wedding on Saturday! It has been a little crazy around here for sure! I am trying to stay close to on plan as possible, between Easter, bridal showers, rehearsal dinners.......I'll be happy to maintain at this point! Pray for me girls!!!

Fullsteamahead, I was absolutely rolling on the floor after reading your message to cakebatter- I want to be at my pre "eater" weight too!! LOL- I really needed a good chuckle to break the stress patterns that are building! Thanks for the typo! You made my day!!!

cakebatter, WTG on your mileage! you are kicking butt! I am sooo proud of you! Your 5k will be a breeze. We would love to see a pic of you at the finish line! Like RockY Balboa!! And It would make an awesome avatar! good luck! We'll be rooting for you!

Yay Jaqui on your 2 pounds! That is Fantastic!!! I bet it feels fantastic too!

HI Fablynne, Savora WELCOME! You have found a great bunch of chicks here!

to all the other chicks that are making things happen! Keep up the good work! You help me get moving every day!!!! Thank you!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 02:34 AM   #295  

S/C/G: 370/320/190

Height: 5'7"

Thanks for your support guys!
Things aren't going as smoothly as I planned, but I'm getting there. Little did I know I'm not the best at just jumping back into things, I have to take it a step at a time. So I've been doing pretty well with water and diet, but I dread exercise. I miss the time when it didn't feel like a chore. I actually did 30 minutes of belly dancing tonight, but went a bit over my calorie limit. :/ Water is easy, food is harder, exercise is the hardest, so I think I'll re-incorporate those things one at a time in that order. It shouldn't be so hard to get back on track then.
Sometimes it doesn't feel like I've lost almost 60lbs, because it came off so easily (mostly because I stopped the medications that made me gain in the first place), so even though I've lost so much weight I'm still very much a newbie. This is the first time I've actually kept track of everything and really put effort in to this. The fact that I went off track is kind of jarring, I wouldn't have noticed it much before since I didn't keep track of anything.
Also, I stepped on the scale this morning and was 315 again (pre-April weight). Oh well, I'm gonna get this back, I know it. I'm determined. It feels like I'm on training wheels for the time being, but I'm going to get back into the swing of things again in no time.
fenderella5678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #296  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

Good morning gals!

Sorry to be quiet over the last two days. I have literally been running around full out for two days and haven't even sat down at the computer at all. (I hate days like that! ) Anyway, I went back and read all the posts and it sounds like we are all committed - or re-committed - to our goals for the month.

Lene & Hattie & terapet~ I am sorry to hear about your injuries. I hope that you are doing better real soon.

FSA~That 1/2 pound is on its way OUTTA HERE! While I still have a bit of a bruise on my leg, the run I did on Tuesday was the first time I could do any kind of impact exercise (6 weeks!) without it hurting so I was happy with that. Thanks for your support!

Jacqui & Cake & Savora~Awesome job on the losses!

Wifey~Sugar = BAD. Sugar = BAD. Sugar = BAD. (Just keep repeating it to yourself.)

Lewis~Wedding stuff! How fun! But it can be super tough to keep track of your eating. You keep watching it and you'll get on track as soon as things settle down next week. I know you will.

MsP~Good for you for mixing up your exercise. I think gardening and walking totally help and now that spring has sprung, it feels soooo good to do stuff outside. If you want to up the intensity you could come to my house and haul all the debris from the big ice storm that is strewn all over the yard.

fenderella~I agree with FSA. When you are off track is exactly when it is MOST necessary to check in with the chicks. Don't be too hard on yourself. You have done great. You will get back on track. You will lose the weight. AND you'll look mar-va-lous darling. Baby steps is definitely the way to go. Everybody has different problems trying to incorporate this new lifestyle (water, food, exercise) into their lives in a meaningful, long-term way. We're with you 100%.

I have been doing better - not great - but better on my eating this week. I didn't do so well on my water yesterday and am feeling the effects this morning so I am really going to work on that today. I got in a good workout yesterday of weight lifting and 30 mins on the elliptical so that's something. Have an appointment this morning and then am going to try to work in the yard all afternoon since it is going to be a beautiful day here. (FSA~ 70!!!! I am sooo excited!)

Hope everyone has a terrific, OP day!!!! Two weeks....We can do it girls!!!
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 09:12 AM   #297  

Hi Everyone! I'm excited for the second half of April! And my DH is getting me a Y membership, yay!! Thanks so much for all your support!

Urock, Good job on the better eating and exercise! Be sure to get that water in today. I have started filling up 3 24-oz bottles of water in the morning, and that way I know they should be empty by the time I go to bed at night. It helps! I'm thinking about adding a 4th.

Fenderella, you can do it girlie! You can get back on track! Don't worry about being your pre-April weight. Just concentrate on what you can do in the next two weeks to make yourself healthier and to feel better about your efforts! I'm with you--I do not like exercise, but it really does make a big difference, doesn't it? You can do it!

Lewis, congrats on getting back on track!! You've had such a hectic schedule recently and it's wonderful that you haven't lost sight of wanting to eat and live a healthy lifestyle. Good for you! If you maintain, that's not gaining and that's a victory!

Wifey, I think you'll have better luck with the sugary stuff now that you've cut out the pop. I have mentioned before in other threads that I am a Diet Dr. Pepper-aholic, and yet I had to completely cut it out because it's a trigger for me! Of all things! But it's true. I've tried to incorporate it just a little bit into my diet plan time and time again, only to crave sweets so much that I blow my diet! So I think you'll see a difference. And good job on your exercise and renewed efforts!

Ms_P, great job on watching your portions and staying active! The weather is finally cooperating for gardening and walking! Yay!

FSA, you'll have that 1/2 lb off in no time! You have such a great attitude and determination, and I just know the next two weeks are going to be great for you!

Cake, fantastic news on being pre-weight! Yay! I know you're going to give the rest of April your very best! Keep it up!

To all the rest of our ladies, good luck for the remainder of the month!
Old 04-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #298  

Girlssssssssssssssss, hi . I read all of your posts but can't write right now as I have to go. I worked well into the night last night, getting ready for this Sunday. Going grocery shopping today and more cleaning. I will sneak back in later this afternoon or evening during break. You ladies are awesome! i didn't want to leave without saying happy friday, I will be back later to do personals. I got rid of the bugger 1/2 lb. Girls? Thanks so much for your support and encouragement means a lot to me. You gals rock! okay , gotta run.........hugs.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #299  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Hey everyone! I'm happy to report I found a WW meeting near my new home and went last night to find I'd lost 1.2# since last week's weigh-in. That made me feel SO good after the crazy week of moving. It's still crazy, but now I know I can do it even during this busy-ness! Yay! Hope you all continue towards those goals...meet them or not, we are giving those fat cells a run for their money!! LOL
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 05:59 PM   #300  

Default April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)

If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs -- MET GOAL!!
TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
Efova: Reach 180 lbs
Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
Savora: Lose 6 lbs