April Weight Loss Challenge

You're on Page 19 of 27
Go to
  • Checking in...

So Easter got the best of me! I gained a pound from my indulgences. But today the scale read 165...so I'm back to where I was. Thank goodness. I have 5 pounds to lose before April 30th. Lots of work to do to obtain my goal... I CAN DO IT!!

to everyone!!!! We're all doing GREAT!!!!!!
  • Hi Everyone! I hope you all had a great Easter!

I did really bad yesterday with the candy. There is so much chocolate in this house right now it's unreal! We had a huge communal bowl from all the kid's baskets in the center of the table . I'm having cravings big time so this AM I asked my Dh to make it go away before I get home. I flat out said I wasn't strong enough to stay away from it. It felt bad having to admit that, but as soon as I feel the least bit of stress I just dig in and the binge begins. It needed to END before it became several days of binging instead of just one. So I came home and it was gone. (probably hidden somewhere) DH could care less what I weigh but he knows I feel so much better when I fit comfortably in my clothes.

I did read all the posts but I have to get my pooch to the vet to have stitches removed. I'll write personals when I have more time. Take care and I'll check in later.
  • Man, I just found out how hard it is to get back on track after being off plan for just a week.
    Easter got to me. My boyfriend was here for a week and we had to go out of town, so lots of eating out and then of course easter dinner and candy. I guess it's best that I got this learning experience out of the way. It just feels so hard to re-start. I hated getting into the swing of things when I first started trying to lose weight, I had finally gotten out of that phase and getting used to the routine, but now I feel like I've gone back to that point and have to start over again. I'm pretty ashamed of myself.
    Not to bum you guys out though. I've missed so many pages in this thread it's gonna take me a while to catch back up. I just had to let this out somehow. I've been sort of avoiding this website just because I'm so disappointed in myself. I don't take these things well.

And to top it all off, my scale is broken. I kept having to replace the battery and it finally died on me last week. So I have no clue what I weigh right now, but it can't be good.
    I did get loads of exercise last week though, I discovered I can climb up this HUGE rock near my house and I did it about 4 times since. My boyfriend tried to at least keep me exercising, he went on walks in the woods with me and we climbed up the rock together. I just wish I could have controlled what went in my mouth. I don't have a good system of judging how much is too much or if I'm doing everything right, I usually just let the way I feel about the day judge how well I did, and I just feel awful about last week.

So I'm gonna stop moping about it and actually get something done. I'm starting today. I'm back to counting my calories and I'm gonna do some belly dancing tonight. I just need to let the frustration and disappointment in myself fuel my effort.
  • okay I had grilled asparagus tonight and it was pretty good. I have all my food all packed for tomorrow and ready to go. Got on the scale today to find that I am almost pre-BF BDay weight.

Fenderella - Number one: according to your profile thingy you have dang near 60 pounds! So there is no starting over only a slight delay. You pick it up from there and move on. Number two: it could possibly be a good thing that your scale dies. Then you won't die if you get and have gained a few pounds. Stay on track and keep working and purchase a battery in a week or so. Number three: don't duck us if you feel bad because that is when you need us!!! We are here to give you support and give you a push when you need one. And last but not least: You need some sort of tracking system. I do two ( I know I am obsessive) "the daily plate" at livestrong.com and also my actual plan is WW. I just use daily plate as a guide sort of speak. Start writing down everything you eat....if you bite it write it. You will be surprised and it will hold you accountable. I am sorry for the novel.

Lene - don't feel bad having to admit you couldn't have the candy around instead feel uber strong for saying out loud and solving the problem. That is NOT a weakness..it is called damage control....WTG

Saramommy - A pound is nothing at the rate you are going it is probably already gone...lol

MissNovis - I envy you and your tahitian dancing....I love it. And don't worry I haven't done racquetball like I planned either. Welcome

Urockmom - WTG on your 3 mile.

FSA - HI
  • April Weight Loss Challenge List of Participants (so far!)
    If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
    Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
    Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
    Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
    CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
    Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
    Saramommy: Lose 11 lbs to reach 160 lbs
    CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
    Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
    Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
    Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
    MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
    Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
    Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
    Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
    Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
    Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
    Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
    Desi: Lose 12 lbs
    FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
    Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
    Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
    Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
    Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
    Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
    OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
    Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
    Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
    Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
    Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
    JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
    Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
    Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
    Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
    Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
    Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
    Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
    Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
    ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
    Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
    Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
    Christian: Lose 5 lbs -- MET GOAL!!
    TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
    ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
    JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
    Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
    CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
    Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
    Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
    JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
    Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
    Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
    Efova: Reach 180 lbs
    Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
    Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs
    Urockmom: Lose 5 pounds; maintain 6 days on/1 day off exercise program
    FABlynne: Lose 10 lbs
    Savora: Lose 6 lbs
  • girls!

I've been doing a little bit better on the eating, still no gym though! Work has been bringing me down, down, down! Good to see you guys are doing well though!
  • Sorry I have been scarce around here. Things have been busy lately!! SO far I am down 3.2 pounds at the halfway mark for the month. I may not make my ten pound goal but as long as I am less than I was the 1st I'm cool withthat! I also haven't really had the time or energy for much exercise lately. My work schedule is very busy for the last three weeks of the month... Oh well.
  • Hi all

Just wanted to let you know that I am still here. My shoulder/neck problem has taken a turn for the worst. I now have a pinched nerve. I had a MRI yesterday and go to Doc this morning to get specifics.

On the bright side, I am down to 200 and knocking on the door of ONEderland.

Also, I bought size 16 regular jeans and a some victoria secret bras! I am so thrilled with that!

Talk to you soon... Hope everyone is doing well.
  • Good Morning Chicks,

I feel good today. Yeah!! I injured myself last Friday and have not been to the Y in 6 days! Since I usually go everyday it has been weird. To top it off I have had a lot of trouble sleeping so it has been a long week. But anyway, the sun is shining today and so am I! I am going to go to work, get a bunch done, figure out some kind of exercise to do at home this evening and make a nice home cooked healthy dinner.

Hope you all have a great on plan day. LET'S DO THIS.
  • Wow it seems like a lot of us are dealing with some injuries. I couldn't work out the last 5 days because of my knee.
    Hattie, I hope you get some relief from the pinched nerve. You are so very close to onederland. All of your hard work and dedication has really paid off.
    Terapet, glad you are in such a great mood! Hopefully your injury will heel soon and you will be back to the Y in no time.
    Yay Econ on the 3.2 loss! Even though you will be busy at work try not to lose focus. You are doing great!
    Jasonslea, great job on being in control of your eating! That's more than half the battle right there.
    Cakebatter, thank you for your kind words, it made me feel better. You are just kicking tail right now. I'm so proud of you and your asparagus.
    Fenderella, it is a new day! Just pull yourself together, replan and regroup. Have a great time dancing!
    Saramommy, You can still do this! Don't worry too much about that lb.
    FST, Are you still feeling spry today? Your post reminded me to get my water bottle. I can honestly say that I can go probably all day without getting thirsty. I normally only drink with my meals and then it's 1/2 of glass. I hope you have a fantastic day today my friend.
    Urock Great job on the run! Do you feel okay today or has it bothered your injury?
    MissNovis, glad you are checking in! I wouldn't weight myself until the coast is clear either. You have 14 more days to stay focused. You can do this!
    I stayed away from the sweets yesterday. I did have too much roasted garlic bread with my salad for dinner. But honestly my goal was to stay away from the chocolate and I did do that. My goal for today is to drink 64 ozs. and no sweets. Have a great day everyone!
  • Hi Ladies! It's so great to see everyone posting!

FSA and Urock, Thanks, I'm not giving up on DH yet! My birthday is coming up next week and every time he asks me what I want, I say a membership to the Y. When he asks if I have a second choice, I just say I really haven't thought about it, so we'll see if I can win him over, lol! He has mentioned a few times that I look like I've lost weight, so hopefully he'll realize that I'm serious about it this time!

Hi MissNovis, so good to see you back! If you want to change your goal on the list from racquetball to Tahitian dancing, just let me know! I use posting to stay accountable too, so I think that's a great idea!

Saramommy, you have been doing amazing! Keep it up! Yes, you can do it!

Lene, good for you in taking positive steps to avoid the Easter candy! Having it around can sometimes be just too much of a temptation for even the best of determined dieters!

Fenderella, I agree with Cake. You're not restarting--you're just continuing after having to make your way over an obstacle in the road. It happens, that's life, and you just keep on going!

Cake, I'm so glad you had a good time with your BF, and I'm proud of you for getting back on track lickety-split! Great job!

JasonsLea, good for you on eating better! The exercise will come! Sometimes when you're under stress, like you are with your job, it's best just to take it one step at a time.

Hi Econ_nerd, down 3.2 lbs! That's great! You're so right--while the 10 lbs may be a goal to shoot for, the important thing is that you are losing!

Hi Hattie, I'm sorry to hear about your pinched nerve. Those are so aggravating! But I am so happy to hear about you being on the verge of Onederland! Woohoo!! And new sizes and clothing, how exciting!

Terapet, I'm so glad you're feeling better after such a tough week and that you have such a bright sunshiney outlook today! Good for you! I hope you have a wonderful day!

I had a wonderful surprise when I stepped on the scale today! I dropped 2 more lbs! Yay!! I am now 1 lb away from being able to check off my very first mini-goal and 5 lbs away (the halfway mark) from my April goal! I'm so excited!
  • Hi all i'm new to this board and this thread, i didn't start my diet and exercise until april 7th... so far 4lbs gone, my goal for the rest of this month is another 6 thats 3lbs a week for two weeks... i go to the gym 5 to 6 days a week and walk 2 miles on the treadmill haven't gotten up the courage to do the eliptical yet... but i will... getting close to being in the 100's again, looking forward to that day!!!
  • Good afternoon ladiessssssss so nice to read everyones posts. Hope you all slept well last night and woke up to a great new day.

Savora, congratulations on you weight loss thus far That is a super loss, wtg on the workouts too! Oh my gosh, you are knocking on onderlands door! keep up the good work : ).

Hi saramommy : ) thanks for checking in and for your encouraging words. That is great that you are where you were already.....you bet! We will keep on truckin' We still have 2 whole weeks from tomorrow.

Leneeeee, hi thanks so much, hope you have a fantastic day too! Lene, you were so smart to have DH get that candy out of sight! It is so much harder when something is staring you in the face like that, good for you! Hope you knee is feeling better and that your pooch is ok too. Oh, regarding if I feel spry today....omg, lol, no! I went to bed much too late, that is a no no for me as it affects me the next day. I have so much to do though, I will do a little today and then have a fullblown cleaning day tomorrow. It's a pretty day here again, I might go for a little walk with DH after work...that always makes me feel super. Chat soon wtg on the water, I bring a jug up here with me.....it helps a lot.

Fenderella, first and foremost, I am so glad you posted! I was thinking about you and wondering how you were. I know it isn't easy to post when we are feeling like that and it takes courage to do so...well I want to give you a big good for you for posting sweety Don't worry about bumming us out, this journey has its ups and downs and we need to vent along the way sometimes........this helps us. I hear you on the hard to start again part, it can be very hard to restart sometimes. You certainly are making a step in the right direction! Please don't be too hard on yourself or ashamed. I would say most of us, if not all, have sidetracked or had spirals. I had quite the spiral around Christmas! It was actually the week after when DH was on vaca, ay ay ay girl! lol. I managed to get my tail back here after about a week and just keep on truckin'...like your doing now : ). Forget this past week , it's history now! Good for you for focusing on TODAY, on the "now" and going back to counting calories and your Try not to beat yourself up if you don't do things 100 percent perfect from day one, it can take a little time to get into the swing of things again...keep working on it and keep reaching out! Hope your having a terrific day!

Cakebatter, hiiii there yayyyyyyy, oh you! wtg on getting almost pre BF birthday weight! wtg! . Keep up the awesome work.

Jacqui , hi girl So we have a birthday girl coming up ha? Let us know the day, if you don't mind that is, so we can wish you a Happy Birthday ! It would make a wonderful gift. Tell him full said to get it for you too! lol You have been very consistent all the way around...I have faith you will be with the Y as well. We have the thread to help keep each other accountable too. Good luck sweety .

Hi Lea, thanks for popping in to say hi It is always a pleasure to see you! I am glad that your eating is going well. I hope work goes better for you. Are you all settled into your new pad now?

Hattie, I am so sorry about your pinched nerve. I hope everything went okay at the docs today. Please do keep us posted . Wishing you a speedy recovery. As for your weight loss, hattieeeeeee that is terrific! Knocking on the door of onderland, as you put it!

Hi terapet, sorry to hear about your injury. I know how much you enjoy your workouts. wtg on your attitude though! A nice healthy dinner sounds good tera! thanks, wishing you a good on plan day too! : )

Jacquiiiiiiiiii, omg! lol. yayyyyyy ! wtg on the loss, so happy for you! rock it girl! : )

As for me girls, going good here. I WI tomorrow on the wii so I'll see how it goes...a loss is always nice but not sure if I will see one this week. Either way, onward and downward we go! Have a great day and let's keep on truckin'
  • Hey ladies!

I hope everyone is doing well, just wanted to check in ! Have a wonderfully fit and fantastic day!
  • Hi Savora, welcome! I have added you to the list! Good luck!

FSA, thanks! Lol! I am excited about the loss! Good luck on your WI tomorrow!

Hi FABlynne, thanks! You have a great day too!