3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

April Weight Loss Challenge

Old 04-06-2009, 10:19 PM   #196

S/C/G: 177/153/138

Height: 5'6"

Oops. I think I ate too much today. I'm kinda bad that way. I was hungry! Good news though, no wine today. Silly thing to brag about but it is one of my baaad habits. I'm gonna drop it though and its gonna be great.

TERAPET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:27 PM   #197
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

FSA- Thanks for your encouragement. No offense taken at all by your suggestions! You're SO right and by the end of today I felt much better. I'm just close to my next mini-goal, which is pretty MAJOR to me...being overweight instead of obese. Anyway, I was hoping to get there in the next week or so. I did sorta reason with myself that I'm doing fine and I do have a lot going on, so I should just take it easy on myself a bit. A lot of the eating out is last times with friends here and that's special, so I don't want to stress on whether I'm eating a salad every time or whatever. But it's no excuse to go off the wagon either. I've got myself back in my "happy place" now and I'm ready to lose weight at a healthy pace...whatever that might be for me this month.
Lewisempire- WTG on fitting into 14's! I went and bought myself a couple pair of 14's and they fit WAY better than I expected. I hope they're loose by month's end....that would be SO awesome!!
fenderella- Nice job on the cooking! Hope your BF enjoys your new skills in the kitchen. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with him after not seeing him for a few months!
theresia- Excellent job staying OP all month so far! It all pays off eventually, which I'm sure you'll see after TOM.
Christian- Thanks for the sweet words! I am a little self-conscious still about my pic being taken but I'm trying to get over it...you've just helped. I was hoping if I put it on here I'd see what I'm working on and it would further motivate me! LOL
wannabeskinny- I hear ya...this WILL be a better week/weekend!

That's it for me...time to hit the hay. Hope everyone had a great day (I was actually OP all day for food & exercise. Yay!) and continues the success tomorrow!

Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:05 AM   #198

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

If anyone sees something that they'd like to have changed in their info, please just let me know! I'll continue to add new people as they join in. Good luck to all! You can do it!

FullSteamAhead: Lose 8-10 lbs
Jassica: Exercise more; lose 10 lbs or more
Theresia: Lose 5 lbs
Dumplin: Lose 15 lbs
CandyKisses0204: Get back in the gym at least 3 times a week; lose 7+ lbs
Calisa86: Stay on track; push harder than in March; lose 12 lbs
Saramommy: Lose 8 lbs
CakeBatter: Reach 178 lbs; run 36 miles
Jessacaca: Lose 4-5 lbs; get in 60 miles
Icandoallthings6613: Lose 9 lbs; do the 5K in under 32 minutes; finish senior thesis
Unwanted37lbs: Lose 6 lbs
MissNovis: Lose 13 lbs; run at least 30 minutes 4 times a week during lunch break; attend weekly hip hop and zumba classes; play racquetball at least once a week
Bronte155: Lose 5 lbs; ride stationary bike at least four days a week for at least 30 minutes each time
Wyo_rose: Reach 186 lbs
Naughtymonkey01: Push harder; eat better; don’t torture self about it
Shrinkingleah: Lose 35 lbs from original SW by April 25th
Timkerbelle: Lose 1kg/week to reach 86kg (189lbs); walk at least 10mi every week
Wifey: Lose 8 lbs
Desi: Lose 12 lbs
FitSarah: Lose 10 lbs
Fenderella5678: Lose 15 lbs
Branflake: Stay on track the whole month; lose 10 lbs
Strawberryeyes: Lose 10 lbs; exercise regularly
Econ_nerd: Lose 10 lbs or more
Jacqui_D: Lose 10 lbs
OK_Lizzy: Lose 10 lbs
Terapet: Lose 8 lbs
Steviemcqueen: Do cardio (walking/jogging, aerobic class, etc.) at least three times a week; lose 8 lbs
Ms_Perception: No longer be obese; lose 6 lbs; fit comfortably (maybe even loose-ish) into size 14 clothes
Enchantedonyx: Lose 12 lbs
JasonsLea: Get back into a routine at the gym; POP at least 85% of the month; very limited fast food
Lewisempire: Do 62 miles of exercise; lose 1.5 lbs per week equaling 6 lbs
Kswood87: Lose 10 lbs
Mygritsconfessions: Lose 15 lbs
Mothermavis: Lose 7 lbs
Scarlet: Lose 8-10 lbs; keep on plan; work hard to overcome bad food addiction
Zoochick777: Lose 7 lbs; fit comfortably into a size 11 jeans
Dianee: Lose 10 lbs
ValD: Lose 10 lbs; drop one pants size; walk at least 1 mile a day
Wannabeskinnyagain: Stay on track; eat less/eat healthier; exercise in some way everyday; lose 10 lbs or more
Petunia418: Lose 13 lbs
Christian: Lose 5 lbs
TatorTator: Weigh in the 180s
ButterflyDiva: Lose 5-8 lbs; exercise 5x a week
JulieBahrain: Reach 155 lbs by April 25th
Losingnyc: Lose 8 lbs
CollegeGirl: Lose 10 lbs
Sjdphc: Work out Monday thru Friday for 1 1/2 hours; work toward reaching 160-170lbs by June 21st
Hattie22: Lose at least 5 lbs; maintain a positive attitude; keep eating OP; keep exercising and trying new things; enjoy life!
JazzyPeggy: Reach 275 lbs; exercise at least 20 times
Dvdrumls: Lose 10 lbs
Lene1974: Lose 5 lbs
Efova: Reach 180 lbs
Truffles: Lose 5 lbs
Jayagoddess: Lose 10 lbs

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs

Last edited by Jacqui_D : 04-07-2009 at 04:43 PM.
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 12:18 AM   #199

S/C/G: 211/168/145

Height: 5'8"

Hi Truffles, you are added to the list. Good luck!

FSA, Cake, and Efova, thanks for your kind words!
Ms_P and Lewis, glad to hear you are back OP! Good job! Terapet, way to skip the wine! Theresia, it sounds like you've been doing great! WTG! Wannabe, I'm sure you'll set your mind to it and have a better week this week! The month of April is still young! Fenderella, I hope you have a great time with your BF! Christian, I hope your weight loss efforts are going well!

= 10 lbs lost; = 5 lbs lost:
MINI GOALS:
1. 196 lbs = "Overweight" BMI of 29.8 MET GOAL!!
2. 178 lbs = Lowest Weight in 13 years, BMI of 27.1 MET GOAL!!
3. 164 lbs = "Normal Weight" BMI of 24.9
4. 145 lbs = Goal Weight BMI of 22.0
MAINTENANCE GOAL:
Stay between 145 lbs and 155 lbs
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #200

S/C/G: 183/160/148

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies!
I had another good day yesterday. I did 30DS and 10miles on the stationary bike. My eating was controlled for the most part. The scale has me back up to 160 (where's the throw the scale emoticon when you need one??) I'm trying to not let it get me down. I hope by the end of the month my clothing is looser and I'll be more than happy.

Efova and Truffles!
Wannabe, it is hard to post when you have nothing good to announce but you are definitely doing the right thing popping in. (I know this 1st hand)

Theresia Keep up the great work!

Terapet Yay for staying away from the wine. I LOVE wine (did I mention I love it?) but I only drink it maybe twice a month.

FSA Turkey is yummy. I went out and bought some after reading your post and had the same lunch as you did. (I'm such a follower ) It really is hard to get out of the no carb mindset, isn't it? SB did great things for me and now I am constantly aware of white flour/startches and sugar. But I still can't get myself on SB 100%. I just try to limit carbs and I eat any fruit I want.

Ms P and Lewis,Great job getting yourselves back OP!

Jacqui Wahoo on the 1lb lost. Great job!

Christie Hi girlfriend!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:10 AM   #201

S/C/G: 193/183/165

Height: 5'2"

As for me ladies….I haven’t been feeling all warm and fuzzy about my eating plan…I mean always within my points but not necessarily the best choices. Most of this is due to laziness. So I kicked lazy out the window yesterday and chopped up all my veggies and made some premade meals for the next few days to keep me in line. See all I need a plan something to use as a guide and I am fine…but I haven’t been doing that. But today is a new day and all is well!!! I hope you ladies are all having a good day!

FSA – It was like that for me yesterday. Just snacking away…IDK but I hung –gry! I use a lot of sliced turkey, chicken and roast beef from the deli. It really gives me variety but low in points (calories) and it is pretty filling!

Terapet – 150’s here you come!

Jacqui – Congratulations on the scale moving in the right direction. I have heard a lot of good things about breaking your workouts into (am/Pm) Unfortunately I don’t have time to do that…oh how I wish I could…

Theresia – You don’t have to ruin your eating plans this weekend. You just need a plan. Plan out what you will/want to eat and stick to it as best you can. Of course you won’t be eating the normal OP foods but it doesn’t have to be a wash you have some guidelines.

MsP- The important thing is you are ready to move on and ROCK this week

Fenderella _ I love Quesidillas. Hope you and the BF arr having loads of fun!

Lewisempire – Geocaching sounds fun! I may look into that! And WTG on 14 Capris. I think Capris are my favorite summer garment

Lene- What a great workout! And you stayed OP. Just keep doing what you know is right and eventually the weight HAS to come off!

CakeBatter ~Ashlan~
http://BadAshFitness.com/

If you don't pass out, puke or die....Keep Going
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #202

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Hi all

Well as for Monday's loss...NOTHING. I did work hard and stayed OP. Not sure what is going on. I even checked my plan on Daily Plate and it was balanced between Carbs, Fats, and Proteins. I was right on target. I am drinking a lot of water also. I think my body is just fighting my efforts. I may be in the beginning of a divorce from TOM. I missed him last month (not really missed but he didn't show up).
I had blood work done two weeks ago and my Chol. is good Sug. is good. I have a hypothyroid and take meds for it. The blood work showed that I was normal on one part of the thyroid test and low on the other. My doctor called it weird. He said that my TSH is low and that is the hormone that stimulates the thyroid. I think it means that I do not burn energy very good.
I am wondering if my hormones could be messing all this up. It is frustrating. I would even welcome TOM back since I always showed a drop after.
I am going to keep going. This is for life. I may try to add in more exercise.
I think it is especially hard right now because I am so close to ONEderland.

Sorry for the novel.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #203
proud mama

S/C/G: S196.2/See Ticker/G135

Well, I still haven't had time to read all your post and catch up but I did want to check in to be accountable....I did the shred this morning...but I hated it. L2D2 done.
wannabeskinnyagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #204

S/C/G: 193/183/165

Height: 5'2"

Wannabeskinny - WTG

Hattie - What a postive attitude you have. People like you is why I love this thread so much. WIll all the questions you have going about your body and you are still pushing! WTG!!! I hope everything works out!

CakeBatter ~Ashlan~
http://BadAshFitness.com/

If you don't pass out, puke or die....Keep Going
CakeBatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 10:50 AM   #205
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I'm glad to say I'm back to where I was last week before my "bad choices" weekend. So, time to keep on the path. Today should be another OP day. I got my exercise in and had a healthy b-fast. I have the other meals planned and look forward to a healthy day today.

Hattie- You sure are keeping your chin up with the mystery of TOM/hormones and all. I KNOW how frustrating it is to be OP and not lose. That was March for me! You've been like a rock in the consistancy dept. I SO admire your tenacity and endurance there! Thanks for modeling that for the rest of us!! (BTW, that post wasn't that long. I've written ones 2x that size. You say what you need to say. No worries about the length!)

wannabeskinny- I had to chuckle a little at your post. I have often worked out "angry" at the video because I hated doing the workout. Gotta love those workouts...that's done out of pure devotion to the healthy life 'cuz there's no love there! Keep on making the good choices...love it or hate it, and you'll be just fine!

Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:02 AM   #206

Hi ladiessssss, good morning

Read all of the p osts but unfortunately do not have time to respond as the time slipped away from me and I am meeting my parents very shortly so I need to get a move on. I just wanted to sneak in and say hi and wish everyone a good new day! Yesterday went well here and just focusing on today now and getting my water in. We get 3 bonus days this month which is nice. We still have 3 weeks from this Friday. Let's work on today for now, hope you all have a great one! Catch up with you all later this afternoon
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:03 AM   #207

Trufles
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 01:19 PM   #208
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Good Morning

Wow.... this is a very well growing thread....AWESOME...how is everyone today? May I join in .... I have to get back into the swing of things....I kind of got lost....lol...but I am back now...

Cheers~
Old 04-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #209

S/C/G: 200/ticker/130

Checking in...
To date I've lost 4 pounds...I'm halfway to my goal Now I just got to stick with what I'm doing to reach my April goal...lose 8 pounds.

-In addition to eating around 1200 calories a day, I've cut out all desserts from my diet and fast food. It really seems to be helping.

to everyone!!
(even if you have no to little weight loss to date just think if you're in this challenge that is an accomplishment on its own. Keep going and you'll see results soon enough )
Saramommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:50 PM   #210

S/C/G: 317/305+/150

Height: 5'6''

I've had a crazy busy week and didn't stick to plan on Sunday... I'm up a bit but am back on track. I bought a bunch of salad fixings and packed up a week's worth of lunches Now I just grab a salad and some fruit snacks and I am good to go. I just need to be more cautious of what I'm eating in the evening... The pre-packed lunches are great for me! I'm not tempted to head to the cafeteria and get something I don't need.

GOALS:
1) Break the "E" on my scale (no more error message)
2) 10% of weight lost
3) 20% of weight lost
4) Onederland
5) Hit my high school weight 175 pounds
6) Final goal of 150! (this might be adjusted as I get closer)
econ nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.