3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

G2009-This Takes More Then Luck -Thread #2

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #61

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Did I tell you guys I got my makeup package from ELF (eyeslipsface dot com) on Friday? I LOVE this stuff! So far, most of it's pretty good. Can't beat it for a dollar! I am nuts, I ordered like 50 things as a treat for my weight loss thus far. The box weighed 3 lbs ! The mineral makeup cost a little more but it's great. The Sheer is similar to the mineral veil from Bare Escentuals.

Anyway, I was bad over the weekend too . I tend to use it as an excuse to "reward" myself for a disciplined week. Every weekend is getting more and more off plan, so I need to get that in check NOW. So far my weight has been heading down, but it's slowing down.

You know what I noticed? As I'm losing weight, I'm starting to feel more like a "girl" again... like I'm getting my femininity back. Very odd I guess, but the fatter I am, the frumpier and dumpier I feel and less interested I am in taking care of myself. Is there an equivalent female word for emasculinated I wonder?? Today was the first time in a long time I felt girly again. I'm still fat, but I'm feeling pretty good about losing weight. I am going to try to continue to do small nice things for myself (like painting my nails, reading a smart witty novel, doing my hair, wearing perfume, flirting with my husband, etc) to try to get back to the old me who cared about herself.

Motivation comes and goes...
.................we have to rely on Determination in its absence.

.................................................. .............................. ~ Purplefirefly
Old 03-10-2009, 01:58 AM   #62
Ufi
Persistence

S/C/G: 220/ticker/140

Height: 5-4

Wow, I'm really out of this week's challenge, I'm so far behind. That's OK. I've done most of the other ones. I am working really hard this week, though, and I'm feeling pretty good about it. I had all day Sunday to myself, and it was wonderful. I'm still at work now, and more work ahead tonight. I think it will be a difficult week, but I'm determined for this week to be a success.

I think there's got to be a female word for emasculate. I totally know what you mean.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:06 AM   #63

S/C/G: 257/219/145

hey, everyone! Yesterday was like an extended weekend for us since hubby was home. We went and bought all my son's TBall stuff then hit the ball field as a family. I ended up playing for over an hour, running and panting, hitting and throwing. It was SO fun! I counted it as my exercise since I was sweating and breathing very hard the whole time.

The good thing is the last part the kids were sitting in the dugout and hubby and me were playing ball by ourselves! Just a year ago there was no way we would be out there doing anything we didn't have to do to help Tyler, but we had so much fun just playing around together...and I didn't do half as bad as I thought I would.

Today I hit the track for initial 4 mile time test. I made up a training schedule and form and am so excited. The weather is finally nice that I should be able to do this without interruptions now.

MariMari--Everyone I know has gotten their make up but mine is not here yet! The site says it shipped last Monday, so it should be getting here soon. So far everyone is calling to say how much they really like it, makes me more eager to get mine!

August 25: 245 (Mini Goals: 283, 277, 271, 264, 258, 251, 245)
October 31: 199
November 27: 180
January 1: 165
February 15: 150
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 AM   #64
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperChick355 View Post
Ya you know during the week everything is mostly scheduled, but weekends are the killers, when friends and family want to go out and not always to restaurants with healthy options, I do try to make do. I am not blaming others because it is my choice but with my job it is lots of stress through the week so I look forward to getting with friends and family on the weekends.

Summer are always worst because of riding season. We try to ride as much as possible in the summer which means more eating out???? I do usually do alright in the summer though because you do work alot harder and are outside more, it is winter time that I need to get my rear in gear!!!!

Tessa do you ride your own motocycle? I can't wait for nicer weather around here to start riding that is one of my favorite passions

Today I stayed within my calories and also got my 30 min of exercise in. Oh and I did get 80 oz of water drank today as well.

Hope Monday went good for everyone else, it is very quite on here tonight
I'm currently in the process of learning. My husband has an ultraglide, I'm starting on his old dirtbike. He set up a set of steps that I have to complete in order to buy a motorcycle .
1.) Drive stick shift vehicle
2.) Become a regular on a bicycle
3.) Pro at a dirt bike
4.) Motorcycle safety course
5.) Tessa's own bike

I'm between 2 and 3 right now, I've been riding a stationary bike for hours weekly to build up my endurance and have started riding a bike outdoors. I think we're going to buy me my own bicycle this weekend, and I've been on the dirtbike a few times. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll be fairly comfortable on the dirtbike and can sign up for the MSA course this fall. I was in a big hurry to get finished with all the steps but because of the economy we really don't need to take on another payment right now, so I've slowed my progress through the steps and am really taking my time to master each one currently. Hopefully next winter or spring we'll be in a better place financially and I can have my very own little harley.

Mari- I've got the same thing going on. I think it really is that I feel better about myself, so I spend more time taking care of myself. The good news for me is that the cycle just keeps repeating, the more time I take care of myself, the better I feel, etc.

Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 AM   #65

I need some advice! I got the vitamins that the pediatrician recommended for my daughter but the trick now is getting her to take it. It's a powder but it's grainy and doesn't taste all that great...okay, it tastes downright icky! We have tried mixing it in tea, OJ, and in yogurt, the yogurt was so gross I would not eat it, either!

I am going to try mixing it into a fruit smoothie tomorrow and using less of it and thought maybe a soy milkshake. Any other ideas? If I can't get it in her it doesn't matter how good it is for hear, ya know? A little frustrating since I spent so much money on this stuff!

Anyway, the website has a money back guarantee or something I saw, so if it doesn't work out I will be calling for a refund. They market this for children as "easy for children to take" and it's HORRIBLE for kids to take! One of them is a cod liver liquid and it says it "tastes great!" my daughter gagged and almost threw it back up

Old 03-10-2009, 09:01 AM   #66

S/C/G: 270/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by marimari View Post
You know what I noticed? As I'm losing weight, I'm starting to feel more like a "girl" again... like I'm getting my femininity back. Very odd I guess, but the fatter I am, the frumpier and dumpier I feel and less interested I am in taking care of myself..
I TOTALLY get you ......I think the thinner we get the "prettier" and less self conscience we feel and we "do ourselves up" more often...LOL.....but I know exactly what you mean. I'm glad your starting to feel good about yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
Wow, I'm really out of this week's challenge, I'm so far behind. That's OK....
It is okay that your a little behind.....just jump in.....you can start at any time.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
hey, everyone! Yesterday was like an extended weekend for us since hubby was home. We went and bought all my son's TBall stuff then hit the ball field as a family. I ended up playing for over an hour, running and panting, hitting and throwing. It was SO fun! I counted it as my exercise since I was sweating and breathing very hard the whole time.
WOW....Great exercise WHILE having fun????? WHAT IS THAT??? LOL! I bet you weren't looking at your watch the whole time thinking.....am I almost done???? Sounds like this could become a GREAT habit.....you get to get your exercise and have fun all while spending time with your family and getting them to exercise ALSO!

Quote:
I need some advice! I got the vitamins that the pediatrician recommended for my daughter but the trick now is getting her to take it. It's a powder but it's grainy and doesn't taste all that great...okay, it tastes downright icky! We have tried mixing it in tea, OJ, and in yogurt, the yogurt was so gross I would not eat it, either!
The only thing I can suggest is to try putting it in cooked foods or maybe cereal? Can you mix it in with a pizza crust and cook the crust and then add pizza sauce, cheese and pepperoni to the crust???

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs hot momma View Post
My abdomen has been hurting really bad. Like a weird pressure. Kinda like at the end of pregnancy when you can feel it when you sit down etc. I did 150mg of clomid this month. Has anyone on here had this happen? I mean the pain, with or without clomid. I am kinda concerned it has been going on for like 3 or 4 days. I know this may be TMI, but it hurts more when I have to push even the tiniest bit to go to the bathroom (sorry, but it might be important info) I am thinking about calling the doctor tomorrow.

Oh NO....definately go to the doctor or OBGYN! Could be nothing.....but be sure to tell her about any new diet/exercise routines and the clomid thing.....you can never be too safe! Get well soon!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:09 AM   #67

Okay...so I got all my personals done! WHEW.....you ladies get in here and put in some posts overnight...LOL...do ya'll ever sleep....Just kidding...

Sooooo....it seems like the main answers we have gotten about why we do poorly on the weekend have been **because I work more on the weekend and **because my family is home on the weekend and/or **because my weekend isn't structured and so there is alot of eating out

Is there anything that can be done to structure your weekend? I mean you don't have to plan every waking moment but if you at least know the main activities you'll be doing then that is a starting point..........If your gonna be gone you can always....

*** Pack a healthy lunch (it doesn't have to be sandwiches....you can cook something and bring it) and have a picnic style lunch

***Hit up a subway (or a deli type place that makes healthy sandwiches)

***Opt for a salad with grilled chicken OR a grilled chicken meal with veggies or any kind of fish dish that is baked or grilled with steamed veggies

***If you have to eat fast food you can shave some calories if you will at least
#1. get water instead of sodas (or at least get a diet soda)
#2. DO NOT "supersize" instead get the smallest size fries / drink
#3. Maybe get the apple slices or oranges (or even a banana at Sonic) instead of getting french fries.
#4. Get the grilled chicken salad OR grilled chicken sandwich (watch out for fatty condiments like mayo and fatty dressings)

If you KNOW you are gonna be working ALL weekend and not have time to cook AND workout...try getting in a few extra workouts during the week to make up for the weekend.....also....can you cook up some extra food and put it away to eat for the weekend so you can just heat it up (perhaps where a father couldn't find it...LOL) can you make better choices when you eat out if you HAVE to eat out (see above)

Lets try to have a slight plan for this weekend and STAY ON TRACK!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma : 03-10-2009 at 09:11 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:28 AM   #68

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Dang girs you have been busy posting last night!

Mari- I got my make up too and so far I lost most of it too. I didnt get any kind of mineral stuff. I mainly got lip and eye products. I love the theraputic lip moisterizer stuff, its last forever. I was leary of $1 foundation stuff so maybe ill give it a try. I totally understand what you mean about not feeling girly when your bigger. I am the same way! The heavier I got the more I dont do anything with myself. I dont do my hair, wear makeup or get my nails done unless Im going on vacation or going somewhere special. I know too that it has alot to do with where I work too but still it sucks and I cant wait to get back to normal.

Purple- hmm, yeah you should have gotten your stuff by now. I got mine like 3 days ago. About the vitamins, thats a toughy. Maybe you can put it in oatmeal or apple sauce.

Alexs hot momma- I really did have to push myself for the 25 min. It really wasnt that bad but 70 min I still think I would die, lol. I actually listened to some music and also read the caption on the tvs. I think if it had a tv built onto it I wouldnt have as much problem.
I would def go see a dr.

"Eat To Live, Not Live To Eat"
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #69

S/C/G: 210/190/175

Height: 5'7"

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!

Melissa thanks for all the great suggestions, I will try to put some of them to work.....

Purple I was going to suggest same thing as Melissa, add it to a food and cook it we had to do that for my son, just mixing it with fluid made it grainy and gross..... I wish I had an extended weekend but it is great that you got to spend some quality time with family and get in exercise as well

Tessa I rode motorcycle years ago as a young kid, then when my kids were growing up I wanted to get my own so bad but really didn't have time, so being in SD you can get your license at 14 so the year before my son turned 14 I took MSF Safety course, you know that is a great course and here they actually train you from balancing the bike to the actual learning to ride.... You will learn so much taking the course. You don't have to be a pro riding before taking course but knowing basics is a great help...
Anyways bought my motorcycle in 2001 and bought my son one by the end of the summer that way I did not have to have a passenger my first year. Anyways both boys also went through MSF Safety course and both now ride their own bikes as well. We love it
I have a friend learning to ride on a Honda 185 let me tell you that bike keeps us with the rest of us to.....

Well off to work, I will check back in later

Last edited by ChopperChick355 : 03-10-2009 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:02 AM   #70

I thought about cooking the vitamins but it says on the bottle to only mix with cold foods or drinks, so I am not sure if I can do that or not. i tried to look it up online and all I can find is a few webpages saying some vitamins are heat sensitive, so maybe this stuff is

I'm got all the stuff to do the fruit smoothies tomorrow, and I figured I can put a smaller amount and then start upping it until she is eating a whole scoop in it. Her tastes will adjust hopefully. The cod oil will have to go in there, she just cannot gag it down otherwise!

We're having spagetti tonight so I may try to cool hers down so it's not real hot and add some of it into a small part of the sauce and see if she notices it.

I am so surprised she still is open and willing to try it again my son wants absolutely nothing to do with it!

Old 03-10-2009, 10:06 AM   #71

Quote:
I thought about cooking the vitamins but it says on the bottle to only mix with cold foods or drinks, so I am not sure if I can do that or not. i tried to look it up online and all I can find is a few webpages saying some vitamins are heat sensitive, so maybe this stuff is

I'm got all the stuff to do the fruit smoothies tomorrow, and I figured I can put a smaller amount and then start upping it until she is eating a whole scoop in it. Her tastes will adjust hopefully. The cod oil will have to go in there, she just cannot gag it down otherwise!

We're having spagetti tonight so I may try to cool hers down so it's not real hot and add some of it into a small part of the sauce and see if she notices it.
Why can't they just take those gummie vitamins for kids....what is so special about these vitamins that your kids pediatrician says it has to be those vitamins???
Old 03-10-2009, 10:07 AM   #72

Purple - I also saw a thing on the news the other night where they did a study saying if you give foods a cool name kids will be more likely to eat them...

tell her that it is pixie fairy dust and it is supposed to help her FLY....LOL...maybe that will work??? How old is she again?
Old 03-10-2009, 10:15 AM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs hot momma View Post
I am very proud of Alex, she has been letting me workout without much drama (after I get started). She always wants me to play with her and she tells me to do it later, I explain that I can’t do everything later… once I start she manages to keep herself occupied happily for the most part. Yay!!!!
she is seeing that you are going to do it regardless of her behavior so she is going along with it. You have won the battle, so don't back down now. You have to claim that time for your health and she will only benefit from watching you be strong with her and do it. You be proud of her, and I will be proud of YOU def. see a doctor about the abdominal pain!

Okay...I'm off to the track ladies, catch up more later on.

Last edited by Purplefirefly : 03-10-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 03-10-2009, 10:18 AM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Purple - I also saw a thing on the news the other night where they did a study saying if you give foods a cool name kids will be more likely to eat them...

tell her that it is pixie fairy dust and it is supposed to help her FLY....LOL...maybe that will work??? How old is she again?
Well, she actually wants to take them. I think she is feeling better already and wants to feel even more better, plus I think she is loving the extra attention and knowing these things are just for her, etc. I don't really think it will matter what we call it, it's so gross she literally gags and almost pukes it back up...so fairy dust or not that just won't work. I will try smoothies and adding it to some cooled down hot foods and if that doesn't work then i am just going to return it and find another alternative...thinking of looking at the health stores, but it can't have artificial sweetners or colors, that's where it gets hard with most kids vitamins.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:42 PM   #75

Height: 5'6"

Thanks Eny for letting me jump back in!!

My kids take Nature's Plus Animal Parade chewable vitamins. They are free from artificial colors and are sweetened with fructose. They take two a day. I get them from my health food store. We also take cod liver oil although we've slacked lately. I put it in a shot glass or medicine cup and add juice from a lemon or add a little tea and we take it real fast. My kids don't like it but they take it anyway.

December Goal

One for every 5lbs lost:

Last edited by ruth135 : 03-10-2009 at 03:43 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.