Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 12:10 AM   #151  
Sandy....

S/C/G: 270/207.8/155

Height: 5'5

Hey Ladies,

Lindy - LOL, hiliarious about the cookie! I did that a long time ago. I got into the Girl Scout Cookies thinking a few wouldn't be much - NOT! Oh was I ticked after I indulged. I hope your feeling better today, and healing quickly.

Burgund - Your doing good, and if she won't walk, go anyway. Do you have an IPOD, or music on your phone? Plug up and walk with the music. I bet if she see's you moving and losing, plus feeling better, she may join up in time. You take care of you!!

losingnyc - Welcome!

Tiff - You sound great, but I am sorry too about your house. We really do miss you in here and can't wait till tax season is over and your back!

Well, I have been on a really good track for a week, and my mind is focused. I haven't been doing much workouts, because I just wanted to get my head on straight with what I want to accomplish. I will start back on the exercise tomorrow. I also am not weighing for 3 weeks - 2 more weeks now I think, so I could my focus off diet and focus more on what I want, and just eating healthy. So, we will see in two weeks what happens. I do feel great though!

I'll check in tomorrow. Nite.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 AM   #152  
focus on me

Height: 5'3"

This sinus infection has been draining (haha, draining...get it?). I took off a half day yesterday and today. I just couldn't concentrate and as the day wore on, my head hurt more and more. And beside that, I think we all need a day each month to step away from our daily routine. It's like going to a movie. Time stops while everything else keeps running along it's track. When you step back in, you can pick up where you left off. For me, it's a time to quiet my mind. To regroup and refocus. I'm beginning to think I need more of this in my life. I would like to start meditating and doing yoga again. I was more at ease with myself and my life when I did this. I'm going to block out an hour to myself Saturday to do this. No tv, phone off and me on my mat.

I think that Basics asked about inspirational quotes a while back. I found a lot of good ones. Below are some I like best and there are a lot more on my 3FC blog link under my name. If you go there, the entry is titled Inspiration.
---------------
Never give up on a dream just because of the length of time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.

When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of “rehearsal” for maintenance isn’t the worst thing in the world.

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down…

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles; it empties today of its strength.
Old 04-07-2009, 12:54 PM   #153  

S/C/G: See signature

DRAINED is the best word to describe today. I woke up in such a funk today. More than anything, I wish I could go back to bed and wake up tomorrow or get out of the funk all together, unfortunately, my body does not agree with me. Life at home is, well, it just is, I think Ill eventually get into that down the road but Im pretty sure you guys pretty much understand what Im getting at. I woke up tired and cranky this morning, then we went from having 87 degree weather to a high of 64 - no wonder you girls up north get cabin fever, it sucks to get nice weather and then get it taken away in one day, and Im sure 64 to you guys in beach weather (lol). Then I get to work and ALL our systems have crashed. EVERYTHING! So we cant even get much done around the office because pretty much nothing is working, which makes time go by even slower than usual. THEN - I have a friend who wont talk to me for whatever reason unbenounced to me, which is hurtful and frustrating because I am one of those really good friends that cares and because I dont have a ton of friends, I value the ones I do have. To EVERYTHING worst, I decided to EAT and EAT and EAT. I had a PB&J Sandwich for breakfast, then a cup of coffee with flavored creamer (which I dont even like coffee! I was just trying to wake myself up), then I was craving sushi and since I was having such a crappy day anyway, I decided to lay it on thick. I had a rock n roll roll, which is like the worst sushi roll ever, then to top it off, ate hibachi! Thats 2 lunches!!! Ahhhhhh - can I just go and crawl under a rock. I really wish I could exercise, that would totally get the stress (AND WEIGHT) off of me. I need to go back to being my normal susie sunshine self, I do not like donna downer. Hopefully, Ill be in a better mood tomorrow, I better be! Ill probably pass on logging in later just because I dont want to bring anyone else down. Thanks for reading my rant.

Take care!
Old 04-07-2009, 01:41 PM   #154  
focus on me

Lindy, snap out of it hon! Don't panic about what you have eaten so far. This is what stress does. And when you eat, eat, eat...you stress more...and eat, eat, eat. Let go of what you can't control or it will control you. Stop, sit down in a quiet spot (if possible) with your eyes closed and listen to your breathing for a minute or two. This usually helps me to collect myself. And if you have to do it every hour, do it so you can get through the day. Tomorrow is a new day and you can make it through this one!

As much as you may not be in the mood for it...have a salad for dinner. Make it an event or theme. Maybe this will give you some ideas... Leave OFF cheese, olives, creamy dressing. Use dark greens and add lean meat, egg, chick peas, black beans, kidney beans sprouts, sunflower seeds, nuts, dried cranberries or anything like this that is low-salt (we've been there, huh?), LF and nutritious. Have some fruit for dessert.

Would it help if I insist that you eat salad for dinner? Maybe not, I guess that's kinda demanding and you don't need that right now.

And your friend, try not to worry about that right now. You will find out at some point what is going on and trying to guess what it is until then will make you nuts.

We will be here for you! You can get through this.
Old 04-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #155  

And BREATH! Takeadeepbreath - thank you...thank you...thank you! I needed that more than you know. Tough reinforcement is the way to my heart - lol. You genuinely helped me out of my funk (kinda). Im not feeling as terrible, I appreciate you SO MUCH!!! THANKS!!! Ill check in later (with a better attitude). Whew....that was a close one (for self sabotage).
Old 04-08-2009, 09:28 AM   #156  

Lindy...party of 1. Where the heck is everyone?! Haha. I hope we are not dropping off, come on guys - stick with it. The plateaus should be over, now we have to overcome the laziness, because you and I both know that is why we have not had records weight loss numbers here. WE CAN DO IT!!!

Obviously you can see that I am out of my funk, I woke up in a much better mood and the fact that I over indulged yesterday and got on the scale this morning and did not gain anything was an added bonus. I am going to take it easy starting Friday and go and do the treadmill at the gym. I need some sort of exercise, I think thats why I have been feeling kinda cranky and tired the past few days. I mean yesterday was bad but Monday was not a normal day either. I now know that I cannot slack on the exercise, not that I am intentionally slacking, its just part of my routine and now that Im not doing it, I feel like crap.

I would love to talk more about each of your days and/or accomplishments but no one is reporting anything. I hope to hear from you guys soon.

Take care!
Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 AM   #157  

OH - one more thing. I updated my ticker with some details pertaining to my goal. I saw this in one of the other forum and liked the idea. It shows me that although I am proud of what Ive done, Ive got a LONG way to go to be considered "normal" and that is just a good reminder. Its CRAZY that at 150 I would still be considered overweight! At 150 Im pretty sure I would rate myself as a Playboy Model - LMAO (JUST KIDDING).
Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 AM   #158  
Sandy....

Hey Lindy, sorry you had a funky day, but under the circumstances you did great. We all have funky days, I think it hormones (lol) and yes, I agree the weather here really screwed me up. It was funny, my son and his wife came downstairs with bathing suits on to go to the springs swimming! My husband and I just had to laugh and ask, "Have you been outside?" LOL.... Anyway, I am sorry about your 'non-communicating' friend at work, as that can be hard. Don't take it personally, as they are probably in a funk too. If you have done all you can do, then let it go. I had a friend like that once and I, like you, don't have a big (or even small LOL) circle of girlfriends, and I took her lack of communicating so personally. It hurt really bad. It took a long time, but I finally couldn't handle the head games anymore and let the friendship go. Anyway, enough of that. Takeadeepbreath had a great idea with breathing, possibly even light yoga. It is great exercise while your healing. Oh, I love your goal layout!! I know you'll do it too!

Takeadeepbreath - That was cute, your 'sinus' joke! LOL. I am glad to still see you on here, and glad your doing well. I did meditation years ago and loved the peace and tranquility it brought. Yes, maybe I should get back into that!

Well Lindy I agree, what happened to our original group? Who are we missing on a regular basis? I know Tiff is busy (taxes & house), Burgund is here, Neesy is here, Takeadeepbreath is here, Maddie is busy too, but there were others. Oh well, I pray they are doing well, but do miss them.

I'm doing really good, and feel so on track. I am doing a major revamping of my mind, as I know my thoughts and belief (unconscious) control all of my actions, especially eating. So I figured I better get that in order, instead just trying to exercise myself to death.

Hope today is good!
Old 04-08-2009, 04:37 PM   #159  

S/C/G: 236/see ticker/150

Hey girls, like everyone is saying, we need to stick together, I want us all to come out in the end of our journeys together. I know everyone is busy, but lets try to check in more often. The weather here is annoying. Today the wind is so bad. I want to get outside and work in my yard. After the snow melted and drove out there it made big trenches in the yard so I am trying to rake those and get it all even again. Its a long process but a good workout. I always work up a sweat out there. Hope we hear from everyone that has been quiet lately. I will check in later.
Allison
Old 04-08-2009, 05:17 PM   #160  
This IS it...

S/C/G: 350.2/ticker/135

Height: 5'4"

WARNING! WARNING! NOVEL ALERT!

OMG...I think I can see a light at the end of the tunnel! 7 days until tax season is officially over. My first real tax season (last year I was an intern, so much less pressure) has seriously had me thinking about career changes. Yes, I know, I just graduated college. But, this is craziness. I want a job where I can work from home. I know that is completely feasable in the accounting industry, but I just have to find it. Either that or become a real estate agent. My fiance and I have been talking about doing that. Becoming a team and selling houses. The market has picked up like crazy here..granted the houses are selling for hundred's of thousands less than they did 2-3 years ago. For instance, the house I am buying, the people bought it in 2007 for 370,000 and I am buying it for $130,000. That is INSANE!!!! We got our inspection today and I don't think any of the problems are major, so I think this one will actually go through. It's beautiful, on 2.5 acres with a fenced in yard, real wood floors, pretty small house - but great for the two of us and our two dogs (we don't plan on having kids). Everybody send good thoughts my way, because I really want this one to work out!

The scale was nice to me today. I said last night that I wanted to see a 5 at the end of my weight in the morning and I weighed in at 305.2. My fiance and I rode about 6 miles on our bikes the last two nights. The weather has been so beautiful here! Nicole and Sandy!, you're crazy thinking this is cold! I had to make a suprise visit to Ohio for my fiance's grandfather's funeral, and I went there thinking it was spring and going to be beautiful weather (like 50's). Ummm no. Not even close. It freaking snowed while we were there!!!! Seriously? Snow in April? I don't think I want to move North anymore. I will probably change my mind in about a month though once the hot weather really kicks back in. But I am enjoying the 60's while they last! We planned on going to the gym tonight, but I think we may just ride our bikes again. Or maybe we will ride our bikes to the gym and only do weight training there.

My diet was crap today...I was thinking about Panda Express orange chicken. So at lunch I went and planned to get a small side, but then a medium sounded better and I got that instead. It wasn't even as good as I hoped. 1000 calories down the drain Oh well, I have been eating complete crap for the last month and not gaining and slightly losing (10 lbs since March 1st) so I am ok with that. I guess I just must be eating less crap than before.

Nicole, I'm sorry you are in pain from your surgery and aren't able to exercise! What a bummer! Your post about the minivan a few days back was absolutely hilarious! Oh and I am a BIG fan of hibachi...except it is way to expensive down here...like $35 a plate. My wallet does not appreciate that very often. My fiance and I have resorted to splitting a plate, so that it is way better on the wallet and on the waistline!

Maybe I am missing a post or two, but has Neesy been by lately? I can't imagine how stressful it would be to have a significant other go off to serve in the armed forces. I don't think I am strong enough to handle that. I don't even want my fiance to get a job where he would have to work crazy hours (like any retail). I just want him to be able to find a nine-to-five job like mine. I really is the best kind I think, until we are able to start our own business or become real estate agents.

Sigh, I guess I should get back to work now. Either that or go home Which sounds better to you guys?

I really want to be under 300 next week! Send me more good vibes hoping that I get there!

Hope you enjoyed my novel!
Old 04-08-2009, 10:42 PM   #161  

S/C/G: 286.5/286.0/160?

Height: 5'10

Hi everyone -

Just checking in - today was an OK day foodwise. I am going to bootcamp in the morning so things start off well at the beginning of the day. Unfortunately, I am still finding it hard to avoid that Easter candy and I have no reason to have it in the house -no kids! Somehow I always end up picking it up on my way home. I am PMSing but still need to avoid the stuff - I am undoing the hard work in bootcamp. My meals were all well-planned and healthy. Just need to cut out the candy!

mygritsconfessions - I like your thoughts on getting mind in order rather than exercising your self to death. The mind is the true source of weight problems!

Lindy - glad you are having a better day today. Its hard to stay focused on the weight loss journey when you are just having a bad day! Sounds like you weather the bad day . . .

Tiff - wow CPA during tax season? Sounds stressful! Good for you for getting those 6 mile bike rides in.
Old 04-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #162  

Hey Burgundy- lawn work is GREAT exercise. I was looking up on this website what out common day to day activities burn in calories and doing yard work is right up there with jogging and such. So Kudos to you!

Tiff- YAY!!! I am so excited to hear from you. I worked in Real Estate for about 6 months and hated it. I dont think my personailty matched the job though. I like more structure, more day to day, live by the book routine and working in Real Estate for many, is great because of the independance, it just wasnt for me. Oh and the weather - yes it was beautiful, no doubt about that but I just dont like the fact that I was out tanning last weekend and got a sun burn and then Tuesday I had to pull out my wool coat again. Thats ok though because were back to the 80's, just in time for tanning this weekend. Losting 10 lbs. from March 1st is great!!! Thats what I am trying to average per month, so your not really plateauing. It may not be what you want to see but considering the level of stress that you are under, Im impressed. Fingers crossed on the house, I did say a prayer for you last week. AND ONE LAST THING - I did enjoy your novel - haha. I hope everyone else follows in your footsteps.

Losing - when you say bootcamp - is that through your gym? You may have explained this and it just went over my head. I once belonged to YMCA and they had a weight loss boot camp and boy oh boy did it kick my butt! Now Im with LA Fitness and am stearing clear of the boot camp style classes, at least, not until I look like the rest of the girls in the class - lol. I am going to try spinning once I get my stiches out, I hear you burn 800 calories in one sesssion!!! CRAZY!!! Does that mean I can go to Olive Garden after and have unlimited soup, salad and breadsticks (with alfredo dipping sauce)...mmmmmm. Speaking of which, how has everyone else been doing with eating out? Aside from my small sushi binges, I have done significantly well in not eating out. Part of that is trying to get our finance in place but the other part is for the weight loss. I always say that when I do go out to eat Im going to eat healthy but then I get there and I see the pictures or the peoples plates to left and right of me and I think "what salad?!" Haha.

Anyway, I do have some good news to report, although I am not going to officially report it until Saturday or Sunday when I update my ticker because I am REALLY hoping it stays there. So.....drum roll please......

I AM OFFICIALLY IN ONEDERLAND!!! Boo-yah! I hit 199 this morning, I really hope I stay there or better yet, lose another couple pounds. I had sushi the other day and am retaining water, so I am actually hoping to see a BIGGER number by the weeked, fingers crossed. AND, I went to the store today to get some exercise clothes (because my frumpy t-shirts and sweats make me stand out like a sore thumb at the gym - which by the way, I joined a gym full of riduculously good looking people!!! The gym is like 5 miles from UCF so all the young college girls go there - they are motivation whether they realize it or not), anyway - focus, as I was saying, um...what was I saying....oh yes, shopping, well - I put on a size Large and it was a little big, so I said "no, theres no way Im in a Medium", I proceeded to go and grab a Medium and sure enough, with another 5 pounds, the Medium would fit perfect!!! It fits now and I bought it, but its just a smidge of a midge snug, not tight, snug. WOW - I have not worn a Medium in years!!! Its strange, because Im only at like 20 pounds but things are fitting as if it were a lot more. Im not complainin, just a little baffled.

OK - enough of my babbling, lol. Ill catch you guys later.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:06 PM   #163  
Sandy....

Lindy!!!!!!! ONDERLAND!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! OK, I'M JEALOUS! No, really, I am so happy for you. You soooo deserve it, as you have persevered through different obstacles the last couple of months. Wow. You must be so STOKED!! I love your story about buying the workout clothes. That must have been so fun. You are definitely giving Maddiesmom a run for the money!

Tiff!! Oh my gosh, so good to see you writing on here again. I know you have been buried in numbers, but we really missed you! I am so happy about your home, and man, what a deal. You must be so excited. I didn't realize you were in Naples - kinda, sorta near me and Lindy......LOL......kinda......
For some reason when you had the winter eskimo coat on in your other picture, I assumed you were in Alaska or someplace....LOL......funny! Congratulations on your maintenance and even some loss. Your still doing great!

Burgund, hey! I love working outside. It is my all time favorite - gardening. I have always thought if you really 'work' outside in the yard for hours, you have to be burning something! On days I do that, I skip the exercise....LOL.

Well, today has been great. I jogged with the dog, which was fun, and then spent the afternoon with my husband. We went to see some friends and show them Zoe, which was a blast. Anyway, I haven't weighed in almost two weeks and honestly have NO idea where I am at. My eating has been good, although I had pizza tonight and probably ate 1 slice more I shouldn't have, because I was already full. But, no harm done, as I did eat kindof early. Feeling good though, this new routine I switched to, does have me feeling balanced and strong.

Hope all has a great night! Check in tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:14 PM   #164  
I'm bringing sexy back

Height: 5'8

Lindy- Whooo whoo-- ONEderland!!!! Congrats, you deserve it!!!

Thanks for the input on the drinks/shakes everyone, I'm researching all of them and figuring out what I'll be doing in my next phase.

So, I finally reached my breaking point tonight and had 2 squares of pizza. Man, it was the best pizza ever!! Ha, it's probably because I've been on this diet for a month and haven't had pizza or burgers or cheesey bread in all that time. I did stop at 2 squares, where before I would've had 4 or 5 and not thought twice about it.
Other then that "treat" for dinner, I've been doing good on the diet and hitting the gym daily, along with my weight training. I was a bit frustrated when I saw the scale early in the week because it shot up a few pounds...but TOM was in town. But, within a couple of days, I dropped a pant size-- so the number I had seen on the scale didn't bother me as much! I just resorted myself to go back to one day a week to look at the magic number.

Okay, I'm off to get my weight lifting in tonight and burn off some of that 'za!

I don't know that I'll be back on this weekend, so everyone have a great holiday!

Last edited by Back2Basics; 04-09-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:55 AM   #165  
Sandy....

Backtobasics - You sound truly focused, which is awesome. The two pieces of pizza may have played in your favor and kicked your metabolism in more. Sometimes when we do something, totally off the routine for a month, it will shake up the system a bit. It could be through food, or workouts. Anyway, I am glad all your efforts are paying off!!!! I love that picture of you and your daughter - you both really look like your having fun!!

Well, I am still feeling great and I suppose staying on course. It is really weird not weighing, because I have been weighing mostly everyday for almost 3 years. I felt if I got away from the scale, and just focused on my mind - getting away from 'dieting' and more on why I am eating, it may help me stop any emotional 'pig outs' or useless 'munching'. You know focus on faith versus food. Anyway, not to babble too much, but after two weeks, now I am thinking maybe I should just check into the scale once a month. Since getting away from 'worrying' about my number, I find myself not eating as much. Kinda weird. I also thought about not counting calories either, because when I know I have 200 more I can eat, I'll eat whatever, even if I'm not hungry. But if I just focus on that I AM hungry then I will eat only until I feel comfortable. So, as you can tell from my blabbering - I am researching on myself......LOL. I know I have lost something, because my clothes are more comfortable. Plus since getting away from sugar and other stuff, I feel better. Time will tell!

I'll check in later to see if anybody stopped by. I hope all of you that do work, are having a FUN FRIDAY!
Closed Thread