Old 03-03-2009, 10:27 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

It's my Friday, I had a better eating day yesterday but no loss yet. I am in a good frame of mind though, I feel focused on on point!!
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #62  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I was OP yesterday and tried a new exercise DVD from the library, loved it and saw over #1 loss this morning...HALLELUJAH!! Enough said!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:37 AM   #63  

Good morning girls

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

Ms Perception, that rocks girl! Your patience and hard work paid off! Your an inspiration, keep up the great work

Hi Talina, I can't imagine the wii without sound, your right it's much more fun with the sound. Well at least you do the games. What helps to inspire me to use the wii is competitiion with DH. That guy can hula hoop! He does not do the step but I love competing with myself on that one and trying to get as perfect a score as possible. I have this goal of beating my score every time I go on it so sometimes I do that step thing over and over again, lol. Is DDR the dance revolution? What is that Talina, it is dancing I taketh and is it fun? That sounds interesting, maybe I should look into it. Regarding the weigh-in, we still have one whole month from today

Hi Scarlett, wtg on the better eating day yesterday.

How is everyone else doing? I weighed in today girls and am exactly the same as I was at months end, which I am very happy and suprised about (TOM in a few days time). I was weighing daily on the wii before that (weekly before that) so I took a few days off from it to give myself a breather as it was frustrating me immensely. Easing some pressure off myself, taking 2 days off from working out and just relaxing a bit and refocusing has cleared my mind and I am soooooo ready for the battle this month!
It's a new day for us all, let's make it a good one. OH, I will be weighing in on Tuesdays this month which works out great for me as it will bring me to the last day of the month and also should be cleared of TOM.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:39 AM   #64  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hi everybody! I hope its not to late for me to join. I just read about this challenge and it sounds like fun! I feel I can do anything for a month so I do like this short term goals. I'm in if its not to late!
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:42 AM   #65  

Dumpling! It absolutely is NOT too late, it's never too late. Nice to have you aboard
Old 03-03-2009, 11:59 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 199/185/150

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!! I have great news! I went out on my bike this morning and rode for 8miles. The first half was hard because I was going against the wind and I kept telling myself, "I don't have to do all 8miles. I can just turn around and drive it later to get the miles" but I persisted and it got easier and I did the whole thing!! It took me 45min, but I haven't ride a bike in like 2yrs and it's 10min faster than what I was doing in the past so I'm super psyched!!!!!!
Even my DH told me he's proud of me and he normally doesn't care too much about my exercise either way so that was a little extra bonus this morning.

Ms Perception: way to go girl!! I'm so excited for you. I've never thought to get dvd's from the library.

Talina: I don't have a wii fit, but it sounds like so much fun. I have a wii and I can't imagine any of the games w/o sound. I understand about you not wanting to do exercise in front of your family. My DH and oldest DD kinda laugh at me. My middle DD and DS don't really care either way and sometimes join in so I love doing stuff with them. It's like indoor family fun. But I LOVE doing videos or anything in front of my 7mo old DD. She just giggles the whole time and I love the sound of her giggles. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll reach your goal this month!!

Scarlet: Keep up the good eating. I hear that's 80% of what's involved in weight loss...I didn't hear that from a study or magazine, one of my patients told me that. My calorie counter book said that if you're eating right the weight will come off, but if you add exercise it comes off faster so it must be true.

FSA: take the time you need to refocus. You are doing so good at keeping everyone encouraged. You rock girl!!!

Dumplin: I don't think it's ever too late to join. We always welcome new friends. Good luck!!!
skinnynene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:05 PM   #67  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Monday went well too. I did my strength training and I even snuck in a 30DS on a non-cardio day! Woo hoo!! But I'm still no change in weight??? Oh well I'll just keep up what I'm doing and see what tomorrow brings.
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:53 PM   #68  

Hi again ladies , I am taking a little break and came in to see what's happening.

skinnynene, that is awesome! : ) Sounds like you started your day with a mighty fine start, wtg! Thanks for the kind words skinny have a great day.

niki rose, wtg on the workout. The scale sure can be stubborn sometimes, it can make me soooooooo frustrated at times but if we just keep at it and keep going it will eventually move for us! I always say that we may not win every battle but we will win the war as long as we stick with it. I must remind myself of this often during the tough times. Niki rose, what is a 30 DS? Girl, I didn't do my upper body strenght training today and I have to..thanks for the reminder and inspiration. Keep on truckin

Well, I better get back to work. I went on the wii for 30 minutes trying to beat my step score and still to no avail, lol. Had some soup for lunch and going to have a banana now for more energy. My goal for today is to drink plenty of water which always helps me with my plan. Talk soon ladies
Old 03-03-2009, 03:53 PM   #69  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

Good afternoon! I went out to the dog park this morning for about 2 hours. I did a few laps around the park and tried to run with the dog some. I'm always reluctant to run because I despise it and have never been good at it.

FullSteamAhead: I wish the bf used my wii so I could challenge him with high scores. I'm working on getting more of the family using it, but have only been sucessful with the 7 year old niece so far. Her scores aren't too challenging to beat. You are correct that DDR is Dance Dance Revolution. It isn't really a dancing game as much as a rhythem game you play with your feet. It comes with a pad that has 4 arrows (left, right, up, and down). You play through songs that have different patterns of stepping on them. You start off slow with the beginner level and can move up to the fourth level of expert. I'm in the 2-3 range. It's great excercise because you're constantly moving through the entire song and trying to get better scores.

Skinnynene: Congrats on toughing out the bike ride! I haven't ridden a bike in forever. I might have to plan out a route to try. I see you're from Texas too. Aren't you glad the whether is almost at a perfect tempeture to be outside?

Dumplin: Welcome to the challenge!

Nicki Rose: A little extra cardio is always good! Even if the scale isn't going down everyday, I'm sure you can still see the differnce it's making. Keep up the good work!
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:19 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Talking

Hi everyone

Speaking of wii fit....I haven't done it in a long time. I guess it needs to come out of hiding.

Dumplin and zoochick777:

I am OP and exercising and enjoying my loose clothes. Wish I had some moola to go get new ones. Maybe soon...

Let's do this!!!!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:42 PM   #71  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

fullsteam 30 DS is Jillian Michaels' DVD, 30 Day Shred. It is awesome!!!!!

So I met with Clay, a trainer at CG (CrossGates Athletic Club where I work) and he gave me a list of exercises that work abs, gluts and legs. Awesome!!! So today I tanned, did 45 min on the elliptical and did 30 min ab routine!!

I feel great. A little tired but it is bed time. Lookin forward to tomorrow. Hopin to see a loss!!!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 11:19 PM   #72  

Hi all,

wtg on the workouts today. I am so sleepy and heading to bed but came in to say goodnight. Talina, the DDR sounds neat, I am going to look into it. Thanks : ) nicki, oh how nice a tan sounds right now! I bet you felt super between working out and working on the tan too! nice! oh I better get to bed, we'll talk more tomorrow. Have a great night everyone.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:36 PM   #73  
Sick of Fat

S/C/G: 240/183/150

Haven't checked in yet so I'm back in the thread! I've exercised every day this week so I'm doing pretty awesome.

Nicki: I just started doing Jillian's 30 Day Shred..man I thought I was going to die the first day I did it! I took a break yesterday and did walk away the pounds but it was much easier on my third day with Jillian!

Glad everyone is doing so well so far!
sabriena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:46 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 272/258/160

Height: 5'6

I am in it too, to win it. Win my self-confidence and health among many other things that I have lost because of the weight. My goal for March is to lose 17 pounds. I know that is alot for one month but I am fasting for Lent so I think I can do it plus with jogging/walking everyday. God Luck everyone !!!
mickeysofyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 01:56 AM   #75  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I took the pup out for an hour walk before the sun went down. I went back and drove it to find out that it was almost 3 miles. I did learn that I need to wear different shoes. Man are my feet hurting right now.

I was proud of myself at dinner for passing on the buttery garlic bread and taking small portions of everything else. When I first decided to get into shape I hadn't planned on changing on my diet, but I'm sure glad I am. The results make me feel so much better.

FullSteamAhead: Feel free to ask if you have anymore questions about it. I'm no expert, but I'll help with whatever I can.

Nicki: 30DS is a crazy work out. I've only tried it once or twice, I had a lot of trouble doing it without breaks. Maybe I should add to my goal list to get through 10 days of it.

Sabriena: Keep up the good work!

mickey: Welcome!

Last edited by Talina; 03-04-2009 at 01:57 AM.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote