Old 03-01-2009, 10:38 PM   #46  

Hi ladies I am heading to bed but wanted to check in. Hope everyone had a good first day.

nelibaby, Jessica, and Trish... No, not too late to join in, anyone can join in at anytime during the course of the month. Never too late : ).

Krista, good for you for going on that walk! I think that is wonderful and by keeping at it you will be able to gradually add time and get in better shape....I think that's great! wtg Krista! .

Hi ms. perception, hang in there girl. Do you sometimes have a sudden abrupt drop after such a scenario? That may just happen. As far as any suggestions, a trick I have used in the past ( I may throw in a day of it this week, we'll see how it goes) is what I call a so called protein spike day. For example, I would eat just straight protein (typically in the form of white chicken meat or you can have turkey and eggs) and not anything else with it. Just the protein. I would only do it for a day (long term...aside from lack of nutrients..this would be tough on the kidneys) to spike metabolism. If you do end up trying it let me know how it works out okay? Either way, I think your doing great and you just keep at it, that bugger scale will move for you.

Geo, I am happy to hear that your knee pain is better and congrats on that walk! : ) wtg on the lunch too! THe salad and having only 1 slice of pizza takes a lot of discipline.......I would be very proud of myself for that.

Hattie, we are getting a major snowstorm here tonight too! The only good thing about it is that I will have DH with me tomorrow. Happy b-day to your hubby.

Oh I am so tired, I should get to bed. Welcome again, see you all in the morning. I am ready for day 2! talk more tomorrow.
FullSteamAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:58 PM   #47  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Smile Ready for a challenge!

Hey all, I'm new to the site and ready for a challenge.

My goals for this month are:
1. To lose 10 lbs.
2. To walk/jog 50 miles
3. To do cardio/strength training 3-4 days a week

Today was my off day, but bright and early tomorrow morning I plan on starting with a 3 mile walk

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by zoochick777; 03-02-2009 at 06:55 PM.
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:32 AM   #48  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

I started off poorly yesterday not getting any excercise, but I'm going to give myself a break because I had to say goodbye to a friend who is leaving for the army. The good news was that I made healthy choices when we went out to eat.

I'm about to start my day off with walking the dog and then some wii fit.
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #49  

goodmorning everyone

I slept like a log last night and boy did I need it. Everything is blanketed in snow, looks l ike we had over a foot! I will be doing my workouts indoors until the snow on the walking route melts.

zoochick , and to our thread

Hi Talina, I think it's good that you made healthy choices yesterday ,especially on a Sunday (which isn't easy for many of us) and having to say goodbye to a friend and all. Hope you enjoyed your walk, that sounds great DH got me wii and wiifit approx. 1 month ago! I plan to go on mine today too. I love the hula and advanced step. Have you had yours long? I am so glad we got it because it added some diversity and fun to my reg. routine.

Hope everyone has a happy and successful day, tis a new day for us all!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:45 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 289/278.8/155

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone! I think I misread the challenge and thought it said March gain weight challenge, because yesterday I ate bad and am now up a couple lbs as a result----argh!!

Today is a new day, and I DO want to get this weight off (which is why I am posting here instead of dropping off the radar)---so today I will be strict, even if I have to lose 12 lbs instead this month to reach goal to make up for yesterday!!

Georgia, this whole area is very tech and gaming oriented. We have family that works for Nintendo, and my daughter's fiance has worked for Microsoft for 20 years, straight out of college. My grand daughter spent a week last Summer at Cybercamp (she's 10) learning all about making games (it's held at the University of Washington) and this year she's going for 3 weeks and is very excited, she's been making stop motion movies all week on the computer---I can't keep up with the knowledge she has!

Good for everyone here on staying on plan--don't follow my lead okay??!!??
Scarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 228/184.7/145

Height: 5'6"

I would be excited today because when I got on the scale this morning, it said 200.4 (a loss of 3 pounds overnight!) but unfortunately, I know that this means my period is going to start today or the next day. I always lose a few pounds and then gain them right back when it starts, but it evens out to the weight I was before I started. Back on the grind trying to control cravings during the roughest test of the month!
steph324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 11:46 AM   #52  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

I was actually wondering if my standstills are cylce related. I don't usually get big gains and losses right before or during, but maybe that week before is when I get those stalls in progress. I'm gonna do a little tracking this month and see what I figure out. Weight loss is like being a personal biologist/scientist for yourself, isn't it? Thank God I loved biology and the investigation process or this would drive me up a wall!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:08 PM   #53  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Ok my weigh in this morning didn't change. But at least it didn't go up. Cardio went well yesterday. So far so good!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #54  

S/C/G: oh **** no!/on my way/157

Height: 5'9"

OK FSA! Where you go....I go too!!!

Sorry I am late but I was away so I know I am forgiven. The most I have ever lost in a month was 7 pounds so I am going to go for 8 pounds in March.
urockmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 04:19 PM   #55  

well lo and behold! lol urockmommmmmmmmmm, hi there lady back from your trip. Real happy to see you. How was your trip? Did you catch some rays for me? I snuck in here for a quick break to see what was going on and saw your nick on the post section....nice suprise and on a day like today too! I have DH home due to the storm and hopefully this is the last of it. again, I hope you had a terrific vaca. .

Scarlett hi...I think it's super that you posted here despite any gain or bad day...I feel that is one of the keys to success, good for you. TIs a new day indeed and I hope it is going well for you. My weight tends to fluctuate a lot and maybe if you had something salty etc. it's a fluctuation but hang in there and with a good day I bet it comes right off

Steph, that is wild...that you drop a few pounds right before TOM. wtg on trying to control the cravings. Some months I get intense cravings and other months, not at all. Msperception, I typically always have a stall around that time and I always have a gain (sometimes as far as 1 week prior to TOM) anywhere from 2-5 lbs. WHen I get TOM or a few days after, I release the extra fluids and bloatness and usually have a sudden , abrupt drop! (3 lb. drop last month during that time) . Great job on the investigating process, keep it up . I am due by the end of this week or weekend so I usually don't like to weigh in around this time.

nicki rose, keep u p the good work.

Oh boy, just saw the time.......I have to run and make a call. I will catch you all soon. I hope everyone is having a great day. Let's keep on truckin'
Old 03-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #56  
Believe...

S/C/G: 245/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Just came home from work and wanted to check in. Terrible headache and a whooshy (if that's a word lol) stomach all day, hope I'm not comming down with the flu. Weigh in this morning was the same. Going to bed early took a couple tylenol and ate something light. Hopefully, I'll be back on track tomorrow.
Krista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:57 PM   #57  

ohhhhhhhhh girlsssssss, jasons lea and wendy I was wondering how I missed you! Apparently, we were all typing at the same time last night! sorry girls!

Jasons lea, I am sorry to hear you were having one of those days yesterday and particularly your headache! oh you! I hope you feel better today. I hope your having a good day today sweety, you keep on truckin and keep us posted. What happened with the gym thing? okay, enough about that rightnow.....you rest up and get better.

Wendy, I don't know much about this rose elimination diet, not much at all really. hmmmm, I have delved a bit into research to see what elimination strategies are of sorts but just becareful and your right to question it. From what I understand, we need the healthy bacteria in place.........but I am no wisewoman on the topic..........take care of yourself and do keep us posted okay?

Krista, I hope you feel better. Sleep well and please post when you can, eager to hear how you are doing.

well girls, I had dh home as i said which was nice but forewarned him that I would not eat with him, lol. Just because we were stranded at home in a snow storm did not mean I wanted to t hrow all to the wind and eat myself to high heaven, geeeeeeeee....I did enough partying Sat. day and night and luckily the food choices were good......the drinks??? NO! lol exactly why I needed to stay in order today.

I did mini workouts today interspersed with housework. It was so hot during the day with fire going,,,,, but I did mini workouts and not for the first time, i.e, 20 min. treadmill then 15 min. wii areobics, then dishessssssss, rest, then 15 more minutes wii arobics and more treadmill. I can't always do it at once, either due to stamina issues, scheduling, or whatever the case may be~ So girls, if i need to break up my workouts I do! I figure I am burning cals and the more the merrier .

I hope you all had a great day and I look forward to talking soon. Oh,the soup worked great today. It sure is a filler and I think the soup trick , (soup as a snack even) may just work out beautifully this week! Iwill let you know and please do share tips and tricks along the way.........although our bodies and how we react to different regiments vary so widely, it surely is helpful to gain all the knowlege we can

Let's keep on truckin
Old 03-02-2009, 07:05 PM   #58  
In it for the long run

S/C/G: 196/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Ok, I weighed in when I woke up this morning and found that I lost another pound, so my starting weight for March is 177.6. I would like to get down to 167 this month. Did my 3 mile walk this morning and I'm planning on doing my normal 200 crunches before bed. Hope everyone had a good day!
zoochick777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 09:54 PM   #59  

zooooooooo chick,nice going

oh girls, what can I say? I been workingon it all da y! lol

I am tryingggggggggg

let's keep it going girls

Old 03-02-2009, 09:59 PM   #60  
Slowly getting there

S/C/G: 227/ticker/150

Height: 5' 4"

FullSteamAhead: I've had my wii fit for about a month and a half, but haven't been able to be consistant with it yet. For a few weeks I couldn't use any sound which took out too much fun. My biggest problem with the wii is that I don't like to do anything besides the games in front of the family, so I'm left with only being able to excercise in the mornings. I've always been a gamer and I find it much easier to get motivated by a game as opposed to a fitness video. I also like to play DDR from time to time, but haven't gotten into a regular schedule with it yet.

I weighed in at 163 this morning so that gives me a goal of 155-153 for this month. I hope I can do it!
Talina is offline   Reply With Quote