woo-hoo! i got tagged!!! thanx JennyRae! since it is 11pm. i will be sure to do it tomorrow and get back on to do some tagging back. this really excites me for some reason....
thank you so much for all of the support. you ladies are wonderful! I have told my friends about my diagnosis, but i don't usually just tell people. i thought that it might explain any odd behavior form me tho too. But i have been doing well... so you probably won't notice much.
- YOU ARE NOT OLD. My mom always said that age is just a number and i really belive that. my chiropractor recommended a detox plan that Standard Process makes ( you have to get it thru someone in the medical field i believe). It is kinda pricey for me so i didn't get it. it is about 220 i think. he said to be really careful about doing stuff like that etc. i haven't done anything yet. thanks for your suggestions. the book i am going to get is called "Take Charge of Bi-Polar" it a book for "you and your loved ones" the author also has a sight where she sells cards that have symptoms, what i can do, and what the loved one can do or more importantly not do to help. i think if i get the book and look at it, and leave it for him to look at he will. i plan to highlight areas that would help me etc, and make notes and stuff like in college. lol
one of my biggest problems is that i am at home all day with my daughter Alex, who i love dearly, sometimes i get so stressed out and i need a break, but i don't always get it. and i get pushed a little too far. see, he needs time to "decompress" from work. a common word the guys use. we had a wive's get together and another wife said that too. and we were all like yep we heard that too. i just wonder when my time to "decompress" is. I know i seam ungrateful sometimes. i mean i am lucky enogh to be able to stay home, this also means we don't have a lot of extra money so he picks up special duties when he can. he has a crappy schedule as it is. he works 6 and off 2, then has 2 3 day weekends. since he is on midnight, he really only gets one full day with us a week, because he switches his sleep to be able to do that. i kno it is hard on him. i could only imagine. and i tell him that. he says he understands how hard it is for me, but he works. lol. so do i. every now and then he will make comments about him being the only one who has to work. and he wishes he could stay home. he would go insane doing what i do.
- I am in Ohio too! but not OSU fans. lol. we live near Columbus and the people here are crazy about OSU and it just gets annoying. I am going to try al that i can to limit the amount of meds that i will need to take and do as much as i can on my own. however i need to do my research. i have done all kind of "mood enhancing" things like taking diff vitamins etc. then i read somewhere that you can't do it all alone and that you need help. that is when i was like... hmmm... maybe i have to suck it up and take some meds. As for the friend thing, i actually have 2 really good friends and i have not talked to them much at all. and it all started last summer when my DH and I had such a hard time. he said i talk about out issues with other people and that isn't right. so i actually quit talking to everyone i know. i should say, i quit contacting them and i only talked if they called me. he would say that i had time for everybody else but not him. i could see where he may have thought that sometimes if i was on the phone in the evening after he got up. On a happy note
one of friends that i used to teach with is off tomorrow for president's day so we are going to lunch with our little girls. we are going to the Cheesecake factory. they have an awesome salad there that i know Alex will love and we are going to share it
Alex is a little rabbit. she loves her salad! Good luck to you too! Are you trying for you first baby? I think it only takes 2 weeks for you stomach to start to shrink. i know the way to full feeling. unfortunately, i have done that too many times
- thank you for being so welcoming!
- i am sorry about your DD. if her husband is being abusive she needs to get out before it gets worse. i really feel bad for both of you. i have two friends in very bad relationships and i even called a local support place about the one couple. the lady i spoke to told me that there is nothing i could really do to help her, just to give her support and to let her know that i am there for her and that if i'd try to convince her to leave that that could be worse. so i don't really know what to say. giving her your love and support is always good and i am sure you do
i was getting close to leaving my husband last summer and i knew i could always go to my mom for anything and she would do all she could to help me, along with my family. luckily tho, it didn't come to that for me and we are much better now.
- thanx! i have been doing much better with the bingeing. i think coming on here and reading etc does help me. i could use a good butt-kicking every now and then. but sweet and loving is nice too... since i have a tendency to get the other at home. lol. but not in the same way i am sure. Please don't get me wrong. my DH is a great guy, he just has a tendency to be a little, i don't know the word, but he deals with a lot of drunks at work etc and "bad" guys being on 3rd shift and then sometimes i think he gets so used to dealing with them that he forgets how to deal with me. usually this happens when i need compassion the most. when he is off on vacation etc, he totally mellows out again. CONGRATS on the new shirt... that is such a wonderful feeling... i remember that. now i need to just do it again. i have a ton of clothes that have maybe been worn twice, then i got pregnant and gained weight quickly.
- a city near me, Dublin, of course haha! even has the space between the double lines on the road painted green! and that's all the time. i decorate a bit. my husband is part Irish. i get my daughter cute shirts etc. i make the corned beef and cabbage. but that is it. no crazy drinking here! i wanted to make a fuzzy navel earlier, but then i thought of all the calories and decided against it.
- Sometimes i am shocked that i haven't killed someone myself (half joking, half serious) Some people can't handle the side effects of the bi-polar meds. like i said, i have not taken any so i am only stating what i have read. i can only imagine that the meds would be hard too, some people even get body twitches and their mouths do crazy movements etc. that would be very hard to handle. i don't think i could. Has she read the book "take charge of bi-polar" that is the one i am going to get and it is supposed to help even without meds
and now it is 12 am... lol. you girls are not going to want me to talk so much really soon! i will wear out my welcome. i better get some rest. sorry so long. i wont do this often, i promise.