3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

G2009 - This Takes More Than Luck - Challenge #2

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #16

S/C/G: 270/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

So...I'm really getting excited about the warm weather that will be here before you know it.....

For Christmas I got a gift certificate to get my nails done....and for Valentine's day my hubby got me a gift certificate to get a pedicure (LOVE IT)!

I am tinkering with the idea of saving the gift cert. up for when the weather warms up...say in May right after school is out....and I can try to lose as much weight as possible between now and then and reward myself with a spa day...get my nails done, massage, pedicure and manicure, hair cut, eyebrows waxed, hair highlighted, and maybe a new outfit! Just like a whole little mini-make over to kick off the summer!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma : 02-14-2009 at 09:08 PM.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:52 PM   #17
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Heather- I'm so excited for you. I hope everything with your new sister works out.

Melissa-I think that spa makeover would be super cool. Maybe you could make a jar and save up rewards (like every 10 lbs) put the $$ away for one of your spa items in an envelope with the action on it so that way it would be like saving up your minirewards, but you could still look at them.

CW: 225
GW: 217

I'm going to set a super high goal for the next 4 weeks, hoping that it will spur me to work even harder. I'm going to aim for 8 lbs (2/wk). I won't be disappointed if I don't make it, but hopefully I'll work harder to get there.

I've been looking at swimsuits, my family and my husbands family goes on a huge family vacation 7 days right before memorial day weekend. I've always felt uncomfortable and end up in the skirt and tank top swimsuit. I'm contemplating something that actually looks like a suit this year. I've not decided if I should buy one and hang it up to look at it all the time. I'm mostly concerned that I would spend $ on it and then not get small enough to fit in it, or that it would fit funny. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm a snug 16 now. I think by May I could (if I worked really hard) probably be a comfortable 12. I guess even if I didn't get there by May I would eventually get there. I'm just not sure if it would help or hurt.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:24 PM   #18

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the warm wishes! Im really excited by what she wrote, I really wasnt expecting her to except getting to know us. I really hope everything works out too. I always had it back in my head that maybe she really wasnt my dads kid but she assured me today when she told me her mom has told her about us and my dad. She doesnt want my dad to know we are talking yet, shes not ready for that and I told her I completly understand. I really officially have another sister. Yay!

Vanessa- Yeah im trying real hard to get my head in the game. Im gonna try it now that im going to the gym I should have NO problem getting 30 min in. I just love you, your so motivating.

Melissa- I think thats a good idea. I like to do that in the summer right before I go down there for a visit. Well not so much manicures but pedicure, hair done and eyebrows. I love those days!

On a bad note, I feel like crap-ola. I do believe in getting sick. I didnt feel so hot yesterday but I really dont feel good tonight. Im about to take some medicine and hit the sack. Hope everyone had a good Vday or Singles Awareness day, hehe.

"Eat To Live, Not Live To Eat"
Old 02-14-2009, 10:25 PM   #19

sprkle- I cant wait for the day to try on swimsuits. I used to strut bikinis all the time and then here came all the fat. I cant wait to do that again. I size 16 for you height isnt that bad. Im sure you will look great.

Old 02-14-2009, 10:57 PM   #20

S/C/G: 215/187/130

Height: 5'4

Hello Everyone,

I would like to join in this challenge. I could really use the motivation now. My starting weight is 175 and I want to lose a pound per week to end with 171.

Thanks,

Jo7574
Old 02-14-2009, 11:37 PM   #21

S/C/G: H-238/S-213/C-198/G-150

Height: 5'6"

i am excited about having a new challenge! I haven't been on here too much lately. i go through phases sometimes.. where i am so tired at night or wide awake. right now i am awake.. LOL. Also... sometimes i feel like i am too new to say anything

SW 201. my goal for the 2 weeks is to be at 195 and for the 4 weeks 190.

i had just lost about 30 pounds and was at 180 when i got pregnant with Alex (no meds). so i am really hoping that losing weight will help me now. i am starting my 4th round of clomid this month. i will be on 150mg. between it and the provera... my hormones will be a mess... yet again. grrr.... wish me luck. i hope to not have to go through it too many more times. i was really binge eating for a while. i gained 11 pound since september (i was weighed at the OB/GYN on the 9th), but that is going from 202 to 213. i weighed 206 on the 9th. i have a tendency to binge at night after my husband goes to work and my daughter is a sleep. and i have recently made the connection that i do it more when i am hormonally messed up! no surprise huh? so hopefully being aware of that will help me out this time.

i need to really come up with good goals and write them down. i have read so much about how that really helps. for some reason i don't do it. i think it is for fear of not reaching the goals. but i guess it is better to fall short than not even try.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:46 PM   #22

S/C/G: 270/ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexs hot momma View Post
i am excited about having a new challenge! I haven't been on here too much lately. i go through phases sometimes.. where i am so tired at night or wide awake. right now i am awake.. LOL. Also... sometimes i feel like i am too new to say anything
Alright...I'm kicking your butt Woman.....you are ALWAYS here! Come alot....so we can get to know you....talk talk talk our heads off...LOL! Talk about anything...let us know what is going on in your life....vent....it doesn't HAVE to be about diet and exercise....but if you have questions ask...problems...get suggestions...and also GIVE suggestions...if one of us is struggling we need all the help we can get....just because you have only been at the forum for a month or two doesn't mean you don't have anything good to say! That is Craziness!

I'm glad you are excited...and I hope you keep coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heather1979 View Post
Melissa- I think thats a good idea. I like to do that in the summer right before I go down there for a visit. Well not so much manicures but pedicure, hair done and eyebrows. I love those days!
I sure wish I had a girly friend that could go on a spa day with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprklemajik View Post
Melissa-I think that spa makeover would be super cool. Maybe you could make a jar and save up rewards (like every 10 lbs) put the $$ away for one of your spa items in an envelope with the action on it so that way it would be like saving up your minirewards, but you could still look at them.
GOOD IDEA Thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 12:02 AM   #23

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Yay! A new challenge! I'm very excited about tag...hurry up, someone get that half hour in and TAG ME...I NEED IT

I'm thinking about Eny...hope to hear from her soon.

SW: 234
GW: not sure yet, get back to ya on that one tomorrow, too tired to think tonight.

August 25: 245 (Mini Goals: 283, 277, 271, 264, 258, 251, 245)
October 31: 199
November 27: 180
January 1: 165
February 15: 150

Last edited by Purplefirefly : 02-15-2009 at 12:03 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #24

S/C/G: H-238/S-213/C-198/G-150

thanks McKenziesmomma!

i do not know how to quote messages in my replies. I appreciate the butt-kicking.

I don't know how much you really want to know.. but, i have recently been diagnosed with having Bi-Polar disorder (last summer). Makes sense. i even suggested that to my doc. and she agreed. things got really bad with my husband and he was like .. you need to figure this out. then i would get "good" again and think i was ok. then down hill again. i have went thru this for years... but it kinda went "away" while i was pregnant and nursing i think. Now i have my daughter to worry about and she needs me. so i had to do something to get better for her sake. i was very suicidal and emotional wreck, crying etc. and she deserves better. i have been on meds for depression because i can't take bi-polar meds while trying to conceive. the thing is that they can cause mania... which i think i am having small spell of that right now. i am not tired and very happy, which is nice. i just have to keep tabs on it. i am not sure i want it to go away tho.. lol. and... i will stop my meds if/when i find out i am pregnant. nurse again... for as long as i can (alex made it to 2 yrs 2 months) before needing to take meds again. I am going to get a book asap that i think will help too and if i like it, i may get products from that author that seem promising. i am hoping that my husband will read the stuff too. i am not sure how much research he has done on the topic. but he is a policeman and he says things like "i deal with people like this all the time" well.. i am not them.. i am his wife. and my new Rx is pricey and i needed to refill it and didnt have the cash at the time. he said charge it.. get it now.. ( i would have been like 3 days without.. and that is bad) i have seen what happens when people don't take there meds. sometimes it seems like he wants me to just snap out of it.... God i wish i could. it isn't that easy. i can't explain it really.

anyway.. that is probably more than any of you cared to know! but it is whats on my mind right now.

Old 02-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #25

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Those of you who detox...can you give me the details. What exactly do you eat? Drink? How long do you do it for?

It's after midnight. I am officially 32 years old. Turning 30 did not phase me. 31 was no big deal. For some reason I have been freaking out over 32. I feel old. I look old. I am old. I just feel like so much of my life has gone by and I have accomplished very little. This is a lot that has been going on with my binging lately and it's finally here. I'm very frustrated that I started this weight journey 2 years ago and have only managed a measly 17 pounds still off.

The good news is, that sparks me into action. I want to make this year MY year to really keep it off ...and get it ALL off. So, if you can give me your detox plans ASAP I will love ya forever.

AlexsHotMomma --I have family members with bipolar so I understand where you are at. it's difficult with someone who does not realize you aren't acting that way intentionally...get him to read some stuff and maybe he will come around. Can you mark out sections for him to read to make it easier, or find a book written for the loved ones, instead of for you? Just some ideas to help him get involved and feel more comfortable.

August 25: 245 (Mini Goals: 283, 277, 271, 264, 258, 251, 245)
October 31: 199
November 27: 180
January 1: 165
February 15: 150
Old 02-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #26

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all! Here's my stats for the new challenge:

SW: 255
GW: 249

It would be really great to be in the '40s range again! I'd prefer in the 140's, but the 240's will suffice for now

AlexsHotMomma - I have a close friend who's bi-polar and a sis-in-law who is. My friend manages hers very well, she's been very lucky that she found a good meds balance. My sis-in-law, not so much... she tries to manage it all on her own and it becomes overwhelming. I have empathy for your situation and how much of a struggle that must be. Hopefully you have a close friend you can rely on to help keep you a bit in balance and grounded when you're having a rough time. Also, good luck with the TTC... I'm also trying! Maybe we'll both get some *babydust* magic soon

Motivation comes and goes...
.................we have to rely on Determination in its absence.

.................................................. .............................. ~ Purplefirefly
Old 02-15-2009, 02:12 AM   #27

Happy Birthday Purple! Im almost 30 and I feel old. Im not looking forward to that birthday. I have been trying to lose weight for some time now myself. All I keep telling myself is, Ill get fed up with it at some point and just lose the weight and stop dragging my a@@.

Melissa- Maybe we can do a spa day next time I come down. Not sure when that is but I usually always come down for a week in the summer.

My goal for this challenge will be 4 pds. 1 little pound a week. That shouldnt be that hard. Im goin to Vegas March 24 so it would be nice to be down to 185 by then but im gonna take is slow and not EXPECT big results. I mean ill take them but im not gonna get my feelings hurt if I dont. If I get under 183 that will be a milestone. I havent been under 183 in over a year.

Last edited by heather1979 : 02-15-2009 at 02:13 AM.
Old 02-15-2009, 04:43 AM   #28

S/C/G: 206/199.4/155

Happy Birthday Purple - Hope you have a great day

Heather - That is so cool about your sister, It must be an amazing feeling knowing you have someone out there, your going to learn about and become freinds with, I really wish you well with that

This challenge is going to be fun, I have not participated in the TAG challenge so really looking forward to getting tagged, I have been so not motivated the last 2 weeks I don't know why, but I have set my goal...

SW 190
GW 194

I think this is going to be tough, so I need all the motivation and butt kickings on offer.

Do you guys celebrate St. P's day over there, It's not really a big thing here, maybe a little bit but nothing exciting, there just seem to be a few threads based around it.

anyway good luck all and thank again for the support in the first challenge
Old 02-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #29

S/C/G: 174/see ticker/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post

This challenge is going to be fun, I have not participated in the TAG challenge so really looking forward to getting tagged, I have been so not motivated the last 2 weeks I don't know why, but I have set my goal...

SW 190
GW 194

I think this is going to be tough, so I need all the motivation and butt kickings on offer.

Hey did you mean to make your goal weight higher than your start?

I had a bad day yesterday. No exercise, food offplan, and I am piecing together a sweater that I've been working on since November. Everything fits right but the depth of the armhole in the front. It's skimpy. Not unwearable, but not the perfect fit of the rest of the sweater. Sigh. Hoping I can play with it a bit to make it work. Also, losing weight wouldn't hurt.

Start weight 168
Goal weight 164 (I'd like to say 160, but know that is a stretch in 4 weeks, since I'm only losing 1 lb a week now.)

Come on with the tags! I need a kick in the butt to get going!

If we are to lose the weight, and KEEP IT OFF - then it is a CONSTANT battle. You CANNOT award a ON PLAN week with a binge weekend - IT DOESN'T WORK!!!~~Eny

Old 02-15-2009, 08:06 AM   #30
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

good morning everyone. well my SW is 180 my goal is 175. i will be back later with more but just wanted to say hi.

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand. ~ Vince Lombardi

Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.