Working our way to the end of the rainbow

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Okay, I got more done last night, so here's my stats for yesterday (my start day) and today:
    2/17 - 20 min. walk/run, 30 min pilates
    2/18 - 20 min elliptical, 10 min stability ball workout
  • My Work Outs
    2/14- Ate candy on Valentines Day
    2/15 - 45 Minutes around the track and jump rope
    2/16- 30 Minutes around the track and jump rope
    2/17 - 40 Minutes treadmill
    2/18 - 25 Minutes treadmill 10 minutes Arms

My Daughters Work Outs
    2/15 - 45 Minutes around the track and jump rope
    2/16- 30 Minutes around the track and jump rope
    2/17- 25 Minutes treadmill
    2/18 - Has A Cold
  • HMMMM:

2/14/09: 68 mins.Treadmill Arm lifts w/5lbw. 2sets/10 reps Lunges 2s/15 reps
    2/15/09: 76 mins.Treadmill 5lbwarm lifts 2/set/15reps Lunges 1s/10reps
    2/16/09: 2 sets/15reps Arms w/5lb weights ...Shopping and cleaning
    2/17/09: 40 Min. Treadmill 10,546 steps on Pedometer
    2/18/09: Nada...I slept late again! Don't feel like doing it tonight either!
  • Good evening All---- thanks to the daily plate telling me I had overeaten, I got up on the ski machine, for a 50 min workout, along with a quickie upper body weight routine.
    Hattie, we all need a day off once in a while, look at yesterday, you did great! Enjoy you time off!
  • Well tonight my inspiration came from joining the 5lb challenge. So I got up off my tooshie, and did 3.3 miles on the nordic track. This is pretty good for me because it took just under 50 minutes. Last night I only did 2.7 miles in 50 minutes. Needless to say, I am a sweaty mess! Time to log in quick, take a shower and hit the hay.

I can, I will, No excuses!!!
  • Hi girls. Lewis , wtg on the workout..that is great! I did good today but really had to push, it was one of those days. I am so sleepy, going to hit the hay and get plenty of zzzzzzz's tonight. Hattie, boy do I hear you....I had to push like the dickens today and maybe of been better off taking the day off, we need to rest and recharge the batteries once in a while. I tell you one thing, that darn wii scale is driving me nuts but also driving me to work hard. Talk soon ladies. Jaya, take care of that cold.

2/15 -60 min. (45 min. walk-outdoors, 15min.wii aerobics)
    2/16 -120 min. (20min.walk, 35 min. aerobics-denise austin, 20min. u.b.s.t, 25 min. wii aerobics, another 20 min.walk with Dh).
    2/17 -45 min. (wii aerobics)
    2/18 -30 min. (20 min. walk-t.m, 10 min. aerobics)
    2/19 -70 min. (60 min. walk-t.m, 10 min. wii aerobics)
    2/20 -
    2/21 -
  • 2/14/09: 68 mins.Treadmill Arm lifts w/5lbw. 2sets/10 reps Lunges 2s/15 reps
    2/15/09: 76 mins.Treadmill 5lbwarm lifts 2/set/15reps Lunges 1s/10reps
    2/16/09: 2 sets/15reps Arms w/5lb weights ...Shopping and cleaning
    2/17/09: 40 Min. Treadmill 10,546 steps on Pedometer
    2/18/09: Nada...I slept late again! Don't feel like doing it tonight either!
    2/19/09: AM40 min Treadmill PM"The Beast" 23 min Resist.bands:2s/15r arms
    2/20/09: AM43minTreadmill ... more tonight!
  • Hi girls! I got to go Geocaching today, all through the foothills of the Smokies! Its kinda like treasure hunting with a GPS! A lot of fun and you rack up the miles quick and almost painlessly. There were a couple of killer hills, you know the kind that make you question your sanity. But I made it without stopping, and at the top, I patted myself on the back! A couple of months ago, there was no way I would have made it!!!! Thanks to all the chicks here! I racked up 5.4 miles!
  • I hope I'm not being a thread hog, by posting right in a row, but, I just gotta post. So please forgive me.
    2/22- Got a little lost hiking in the smokies last night... The sad part is we had our GPS with us. LOL we are still newbies! But one heck of a hike up the mountain down the mountain, up the mountain, down the mountain..... My pedometer only showed 2.9 miles, but let me tell you, It was the longest, but&thigh burniest 2.9 miles of my life.
    2/23 wanted to get my miles in early today, hopefully to help with any soreness I will be feeling from yesterdays hike. I did 3.6 miles today in 60 minutes on the ski machine! I am within the 10 miles of my 50 mile goal for Feb!!!!
    Ok, you may now have the thread back, I am done hoggin' it. Please post at will.
    thanks for all the support here, you chicks are Fantabulistically awesome!
  • Hi again keep up the great work everyone. Lewis, post away girl! IT is super nice to read your posts and thanks for telling us about that geo game, it sounds like a lot of fun.

2/16 -120 min. (20min.walk, 35 min. aerobics-denise austin, 20min. u.b.s.t, 25 min. wii aerobics, another 20 min.walk with Dh).
    2/20 -15 min. u.b.s.t
    2/21 -day off
    Total: 340 minutes

2/22 -none
    2/23 -65 min. (40 min. walk-t.m, 25 min. wii aerobics)
  • I am so close to my FEB goal of 50 miles! I was'nt sure if It was gonna happen with a short month, and having been sick a couple of days. But looks like I surprised myself. Sure hope it starts showing on the scale!
    Fullsteam, and Hattie, you gals are kicking butt too. What does u.b.s.t stand for???
  • My stats for this week:
    2/23: no formal exercise, but lots of activity (thankfully it showed on the scale)
    2/24: 45 min. shoveling (oh yeah, I'm totally counting it!!), 20 min. walk/run
  • Hi girls, let's keep moving! ms. perception, dang right girl! Shoveling is big time exercise! Lewis, have you done any geo games lately? Sounds so neat. Hattie, I beat DH at hula hoop and he beat me again! haha, he is giving me incentive! Oh I almost forgot, Lewisempire ...u.b.s.t stands for upper body strenght training. I really loved jackie warners upper body routine (was on comcast on demand ex. section) and I do that routine. I use free weights.......speaking of which I am supposed to do it today......waaaaaaaaa, lol. I better get my tail moving.

2/20 -15 min. u.b.s.t
    2/21 -day off
    Total: 340 minutes

2/22 -none
    2/23 -65 min. (40 min. walk-t.m, 25 min. wii aerobics)
    2/24 -90 min. (40 min. walk-t.m, 50 min. wii aerobics)
    2/25 -80 min. (60 min. wii aerobics, 20 min. u.b.s.t)
  • Hi everyone, taking the night off from workouts! Have had a head ache all day. Have tried, motrin, aleve, antihistamines, water, coffee, sleep, now I am having a rum and coke and giggling the night away! My head still hurts, but now at least I don't really care.
    Full steam, you can check out www.geocaching.com. It is free to start an account. All you really need is a GPS, and a sense of adventure. You can search for "geo caches" in your zip code. Some are just a log where you sign in, but lots of them have little trinkets you can trade. Nothing really expensive, but fun stuff. When you find a cache, you log it in and you get a smiley face on the map. There are trackable geo-coins, and travel bugs. If you find them in a cache, you can log on and see everywhere they have been. I love it! And it is a great way to see some beautiful areas, you might not have known existed. Plus it can be a fabulous way to workout!
  • hi there Lewis, thanks so much for the info and link, I will be checking it out. Sorry to hear about your headache, I hope your feeling better. As far as the booze goes.......if I am in a lot of pain from TOM nothing works...not alleve, nothing! one drink and I am fine.......lol. Yes, I definitely have a sense of adventure, sounds cool. Take care of yourself and feel better.