Congrats petunia one the engagement, oh and cabbage soup is awful, but here is a recipe
* 1 small cabbage - about ½ lb (225 g)
* 1 medium sized onion
* 1 oz (28 g) butter
* 1 pint chicken or vegetable stock
* Salt and pepper
* 4 tablespoons soured cream
* 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
1. Shred the cabbage finely, wash well and drain.
2. Put the butter into a saucepan and heat . Chop the onions finely and fry gently in the butter until soft.
3. Add cabbage and stock. Bring to the boil.
4. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Reduce the heat and cover the pan.
5. Simmer gently for about 15 minutes.
6. Ladle into 4 warm soup bowls and pour a tablespoon of soured cream on each bowl.
7. Sprinkle with the parsley.
8. Serve immediately very hot.
why dont you try a traditional irish stew, much more tasty though not as kind on the hips im guessing but my mum makes it but more soup like and its tasty