Old 02-17-2009, 04:57 PM   #31  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Oh I am SO thrilled to see the new thread up and running, I was hoping we wouldnt lose each other and I am looking forward to losing the rest of my weight with my family and new friends I have so many things to tell you all that I have no clue where to start, I have lost power on and off since the ice storm and am so thankful for generators, my dog got ahold of some sugar free gum with zytol in it and almost died, please ...if you have a dog keep them away from sugar free tiems, it can be fatal...just a few more minutes and she would not be here, there are lots of other excuses too, but I am SO over problems right now and I want to forget about the past and just go forward from here... my goal is to hit 152 by St Pats day and I am so glad to be back
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:47 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Yay! Yay! Yay! Christian came home! We missed you girl!!! I am so sorry that the power has been off!! How is your daughter? Now your dog?!! for you!!! I have to say...My dog ate some Orbit gum from my daughters purse a long time ago. I did not know that was so bad! Thanks for the info. She didn't seem to have any effects from it. I guess we got lucky. What actually happened to your dog? I know about grapes, raisins, and chocolate.
I hope things settle down for you very soon. In the meantime let's rock this challenge! I hope you didn't mind me starting the threads.

Dangerouscurves76: I went for the 10 lbs also. It is difficult, but I like keeping it higher. The last one I did I made 7 out of the 10. Not bad.

Lewisempire I also want to be in Onederland!!! Right now my losses have slowed way down. I am still looking toward that goal. If we make it, we will have to do the Irish Jig!

urockmom: Congrats on the 6 lbs! I don't know if I am actually off or on that #$@%^#Plateau! I lose and gain. Up ONE, DOWN ONE! It is frustrating but who is in a rush? I am here for the long haul.

Fullsteam: A to you from me. Know that everyday whether I post or not, I am giving you a I know what it is like to lose a pet baby. It hurts and time is the only thing that helps. The memories will get happier as time goes on. Your baby is at peace and take comfort from that.

Jaya: You go girls! I love that you are posting for her too! Tell her we are cheering her on!!!Here is one for each of you

Lori: Great job at Long John Silver!!!! Keep it up! We are going to do this!!!

I am working the program and exercising. I can feel little changes that keep me positive w/out that scale being positive for me. The other night I sat up, w/out using my hands, in bed to pull the covers up! It shocked me! LOL I had to try it again. I did it. I think I used to roll on my side and push hard with my arms. LOL Small pleasures can be big to the pride!
Talk to you soon

Thanks for being here everybody!!!

Last edited by Hattie22; 02-17-2009 at 05:48 PM.
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:21 PM   #33  
Is On A Mission

S/C/G: Current Weight 250/237.6/140

Hi Family,

Today is a good day. I am sore from jump roping on Sunday and Monday. I guess there are muscles underneath my skin that I didn't even realized that I had....LOL....I did work out today for like 40 minutes on the treadmill. I watched biggest loser when it is on...and it makes the time go by so much faster.

I noticed that the more I work out the hungrier I have been getting....do any of you feel that way? I have snacks here at work so that I do not go to the vending machine...like I have grapes -reduced fat triscuits - yogurt - carrots..

I am excited for this challenge...I feel more ready than the last one.... woohoo...and WELCOME for those who have just joined....you will get the support you need ...I guarantee it....!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA....I sound like the mens warehouse commercial.... LOL

No school this week for me or my daughter... so we will be working extra hard.

Cheers~

Last edited by JAYAGODDESS; 02-17-2009 at 06:54 PM.
JAYAGODDESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:41 PM   #34  
ISO my perfect body

Height: 5'7.5"

Hello ladies, I has been a long day at work today, and stressful!!! State surveyors walked in for a 3 day inspection! NOT FUN!! but at least I am off the next 2 days!!
Jaya, I do get hungrier when I work out, I try to spend more of my calories on protein packed snacks like light string cheese, boiled eggs, or low fat lunch meat ie tuna, chicken breast, or turkey. But I kinda love being sore from a workout, it makes me feel like I am making some progress!
Losing 4 another--- love your taste in tickers!!! LOL let's get them moving!

Hattie, here's to us kicking butt on this challenge and making it to Onederlandtogether!!!!
Christian, glad to here your pup is better, that must have scared you to death! I would go insane with out my dog! Pets are a huge part of my life, and they definately bring out the best in us! I saw your ticker, and you have come sooo far, I'm sure we could all learn a thing or two from you, so I'm glad you are on this thread!
Lewisempire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 08:25 PM   #35  
Is On A Mission

Lewisempire - Ok....good...because I was getting like what is going on here...I too like being sore...because then I feel like whew...what a work out....I really want to lose 10 pounds by 2/17/2009.

I CAN'T wait to be in the onederland... You will be in onderland before you even know it...

Cheers~
Old 02-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 225/see ticker/135

Height: 5'4

Thanks for the kick in the rear Hattie. I weigh next tomorrow AM, and will be sure to let you know if it worked
I have behaved, and have kicked up the exercise this week running on my "off days". Hope everyone is well. We can do it!!!!
LadyinFlux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:59 PM   #37  
Back at it...again!

S/C/G: 199/ticker/139

Height: 5'3"

Christian--I am so glad you're back. I'm soooo sorry to hear things are still not exactly smooth, but way to go for you attitiude of moving forward!!

Ladies, I have sooooo fallen off the wagon and apparently got a concussion, because I must've lost my mind the way I've been eating the last week or so! I need to kick my own butt!!! I am so mad at myself, but what's past is past. Time to undo the damage and stop making excuses. I am gonna rock this St. Patty's challenge!
Ms Perception is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:10 PM   #38  

Height: 5'11"

I've been doing OK most of the week with the exception of a little trip to Wendy's for a burger and small fries today. Yikes! But I made it fit in and stayed within my calorie range. Last week I decided to change my weigh-in day from Sunday to Friday so I had a 5 day week, but still saw a bit of a loss--yay! Hopefully I'll see one again this week despite the trip to the burger joint. I did some time on the elliptical tonight so that makes me feel a little better.

Supper was basically salmon and brown rice. My tummy is very full, but I can still hear the Skinny Cow calling my name. Does that ever happen to you guys? You're STUFFED full, but still thinking about ice cream or some other treat?
Windchime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 04:22 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, looks like u got a good little family going on here =)

Have been op with diet and exercise so far, though ,my shifts at work have changed and it has thrown me off a bit, I just dont want to cook when I get in, so last night I just made french toast with fat free yogurt and summer berries, mmmm. Really need to get a treadmill i think so I can exercise and watch tv, =)

Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #40  
Is On A Mission

I think I might be catching my daughter’s cold. Arrggg…but I am not going to let it get me down. I will still work out today because trust me I need the energy right now…LOL..and being that I do not have school this week, I will need to work extra hard.

I like to give a shout out to my family. I hope everyone is doing GREAT

Ms Perception – Here I help you back up…we fall off the wagon from time to time – keep positive don’t let the tumbles get you down. You have accomplished a lot.

Windchimd – If you were able to keep your calories in toe, then you are doing great. I will admit even when I am full sometimes I think about chocolate and how good it would be right about now… hehehehehehe

Koshinogi
– It is a great family and you are part of it. Everyone here will be very supportive, even when you are down or you have fallen…we will pick you up. There is a major plus for you right now because you are in onederland, and just look at what you have accomplished so far. Woohoo…..

Last edited by JAYAGODDESS; 02-18-2009 at 12:34 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:16 PM   #41  
Losing on the Beach

S/C/G: 205/ticker/164

Height: 5'5

Thanks so much for the welcome back ladies, it is SO nice for things to be almost back to normal My daughters ankle seems to be healing pretty well right now, but she still needs alot of helps doing basic stuff because of the crutches, the dog is improving and eating good so I am thrilled that she is going to be ok

Hattie- Orbit is what she ate too, it caused damage to her liver, her bloddsugar bottomed out and her kidneys have some damage too, it can cause seizures and bleeding of the brain and even death so be sure to keep that gum out of the house, it is dangerous for our 4 legged family I am so glad to be back home with you

Jaya- Be sure to stock up on your vitamins to fight that cold sis, you dont have time to feel bad

Lewisempire- I am so glad to be back on here, I too am a HUGE pet person, I am so thankful for their unconditional love and affection, You are doing awsome so far, I cant wait to help you celebrate your success from here on out

Ladyinflux- Your ticker is AWSOME !! You go girl

Ms Perception- You are SO gonna rock this challenge sis, I know that once you set your mind to it, you are unstoppable, Go sis GO!

windchime- that happens to me ALL the time, I just do my best to ignore it, I want junk more it seems after a healthy meal and it drives me nuts

Koshinogi- Now I want french toast!!! Way to go on jumping on the treadmill

Well all I am off to clean house I hope you all have a great day and I will be checking in more often even if my computer is slow, it just keeps me on track and I need that really bad right now
Christian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:47 PM   #42  
Back at it...again!

Today I am back "on the wagon" and feeling MUCH better. I snuck in extra exercise last night after my bad supper and then today ate OP and have already gotten some exercise in.
Thank you for the encouraging words! The accountability and encouragement here have kept me on track way better than going it alone! Every time I do something stupid and get off track it helps me realize how much it is SO not worth it compared to feeling good and looking better (that part is coming along TOO slowly).
Now for my vain complaint....I still haven't gotten my first weight loss compliment! You know the "have you lost weight?" or "you look really good, what's different?"....something like that. So that's another one of my goals is to get my first unsolicited weight compliment (not from my mother, LOL).
Old 02-18-2009, 04:21 PM   #43  
Is On A Mission

Christian – Thank you – yes I take my vitamins everyday now…It has everything I need….but I think I need to some vitamin C too. I did work out today …so I feel so much better after my shower….

Ms Perception – Great to hear your back on the wagon, were there right with you… hehehe

Cheers~
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1530.jpg (24.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by JAYAGODDESS; 02-18-2009 at 04:22 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Thanks for the info Christian! Orbit NO!!!!

Ms Perception: The compliments will start soon. I have lost 51 lbs. and someone today asked if I had lost weight. Some people just are not observant.
When I told her how much her jaw dropped to the floor. She said she could see it in my face. Well I am two sizes down and I don't wear clothes on my face!!!
It can be frustrating but also not sure of the reactions when they find out so much. What are they going to say when I hit 100? By the way...Have you lost weight Ms Perception? You look fabulous!!!!

Jaya:
and here is one for your daughter Good for you for not letting a cold get you down! Now go and rest!

Windchime: Love that SkinnyCow!!! My favorite is the chocolate cone! That is the one and only treat I give myself. I just make sure to count it in my calories.

I will be back later... gotta go grocery shopping! EEERRRGGHHH I hate it!
Hattie22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:07 PM   #45  
Back at it...again!

Why, thank you, Hattie, yes I have. So nice of you to notice!
Seriously, I can see where it's hard to tell on me because I'd say I'm down about 3/4 of a size. I wouldn't go out and buy a new size yet, but I could fit into it. Anyway, I can tell and that's all the motivation i need to keep moving forward!
And thanks Jaya for your encouraging words. I hope you and your daughter feel better soon. Don't ya just love end of winter colds?!