3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Chicks up for a Challenge

2009 Springtime Challenge

Old 02-23-2009, 01:22 PM   #31

S/C/G: 300/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Ladies:

I believe my scale is broken or the possiblity I might be going because over the weekend my weight has been all over the place. Friday I'd lost 1.5, saturday I'd gained .5, sunday I'd lost 2 and this morning I gained 4. I swear that I was very good this weekend. I've been a complete with what I ate. Of course I had temptation but never gave in. Any suggestion on a type of scale I should look into buying? Also, I have tried to add my weight ticker on and I don't have a signature line in my profile, any suggestions on this? I have been a member for over 20 days.

Thanks a Bunch

Suzy
SuzyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #32
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcassiopeiaI View Post
aww yeah i love having my birthday on the 21st, most places consider it the first day of spring. so all the flowers bloom for me =)
I have heard some people say Spring starts March 20th and some say March 21. I am just so happy when it gets here!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #33
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/172.0/135.0

Height: 5'6"

Hey there again Dumplin And everyone elseOh and thanks for stopping by on my 1/3 lost thread and being so kind Dumplin~anyways just checking in~I am now down to 223 so I am on my way to my spring goal of being 215 from 225. 8 More lbs to go. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!

One For every 10 Pounds Lost:

~~~~~~~ I Am A Calorie Counter & Proud Of It~~~~~~~
Click Below to see My Goal Pics Size 22 to size 2 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ml#post3626190
Started my weight loss journey on 11-11-08

Last edited by Lori259 : 02-24-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 AM   #34
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

Height: 5'3"

hi everyone...so after a crazy weekend (company, symphony performance, bad cold, eating out) i was afraid to even get on the scale on monday (when i was going to weigh in). but today i was at 158. that was a relief...i know that i can do another 2 pounds this week...maybe even more. i've been pushing myself at the gym and i'm going to try a weights class for beginners tomorrow. hope that goes well (i know nothing about weights but know they can be an important part of any weight loss plan). anyway...i'll share any good tips in the next few days

good luck everyone--we can do it!
Old 02-25-2009, 04:20 PM   #35
Focus

Default Spring Is In The Air!!!!

Hello everyone!!! This challenge is just what we needed! I have been going to the gym faithfully! I have so much more energy when I eat healthy and exercise!!! I will get on the scales Saturday, I am expecting some weight loss!!! I have been drinking lots of water and eating healthy! I feel so good about things. I love a possitive attitude, being negative has never gotten me anywhere! Good Luck Friends!!! Hang in There!!!

"I got sunshine on a cloudy day"
Old 02-26-2009, 10:37 AM   #36

Good Morning All

Well, I went out and bought a state of the art scale. I go and step on it and I am a pound and half heavier then my other old scale. So, I am going to stick with the new one and test it out.

Have a wonderful day ladies

Suzy
Old 02-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #37

S/C/G: 206/199.4/155

hey hey all, just checking in, not been too well so not been totally op, had a migraine and that was not good, hope everyone is well,
Koshinogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:51 PM   #38
I can...and I will...

S/C/G: 202/196/160

Hi All! Just checkin' in. Lost another pound after switching over to Calorie Counting. Still got a ways to go to meet my personal goal for the challenge. But, hey, as long as I'm movin' down instead of up I'll be happy! The rapid weight loss from the first week on EFS kinda freaked me out that's why I switched to CC. Slow and steady.... Hope everyone has a great weekend
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 03:53 PM   #39
NEVER GIVE UP

S/C/G: 259.9/172.0/135.0

Hey all~
SW 225.8
CW 221.6(I got 5.8 to go to reach challenge goal )
I am working hard I have upped my walking by 1 hour more a day.
(I was at 1 hour and 30 minutes a day now I am at 2 hours 30 minutes a day Of walking indoors...Plus Normal chores~I am a stay home housewife)

One For every 10 Pounds Lost:

~~~~~~~ I Am A Calorie Counter & Proud Of It~~~~~~~
Click Below to see My Goal Pics Size 22 to size 2 http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/goal...ml#post3626190
Started my weight loss journey on 11-11-08

Last edited by Lori259 : 03-01-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Lori259 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:27 PM   #40
Where'd my 23yo body go?

Hi everyone! I finally got back to the gym today, and boy did it feel good. I haven't lost anything since this challenge started, but now that all the kids are healthy, and I'm healthy, I hope I can reach my goal of losing 10 pounds. Fingers crossed!
daydreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:23 PM   #41

S/C/G: 180/180/160

Hello everyone!

It feels like forever since I have posted! I've been away on a business trip and I feel horrible! I didn't have very much time to workout and I have been so afraid to step on the scale since I have been back. I have a feeling that I haven't lost any weight and may have gained a pound or two. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!
FABlynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 05:10 PM   #42
Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Hi All! Just checkin' in. Lost another pound after switching over to Calorie Counting. Still got a ways to go to meet my personal goal for the challenge. But, hey, as long as I'm movin' down instead of up I'll be happy! The rapid weight loss from the first week on EFS kinda freaked me out that's why I switched to CC. Slow and steady.... Hope everyone has a great weekend
Good going Buckeye! So glad to here you lost another pound! Hope you have a good day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
Hey all~
SW 225.8
(I was at 1 hour and 30 minutes a day now I am at 2 hours 30 minutes a day Of walking indoors...Plus Normal chores~I am a stay home housewife)
Way to go on that 5.8 to go!!!! I know you can do it!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamer View Post
Hi everyone! I finally got back to the gym today, and boy did it feel good. I haven't lost anything since this challenge started, but now that all the kids are healthy, and I'm healthy, I hope I can reach my goal of losing 10 pounds. Fingers crossed!
So glad you made it to the gym today and the kids are feeling good! Keep those fingers crossed and focus on your goal!!!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #43
Focus

Quote:
Originally Posted by FABlynne View Post
Hello everyone!

It feels like forever since I have posted! I've been away on a business trip and I feel horrible! I didn't have very much time to workout and I have been so afraid to step on the scale since I have been back. I have a feeling that I haven't lost any weight and may have gained a pound or two. Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated!
FABlynn-I am not worried about you getting up and dusting yourself off at all!!! I can tell you are still concerned about yourself and that is a good sign! We all fall down sometime but we want let ourself stay there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lori259 View Post
Hey all~
SW 225.8
Lori-You are amazing ! I wish I was walking that much. Hey, I think I will try to up my walking! Good Idea! I have really been staying focused on water exercise since my knee surgery in Jan. I think I am ready to up it some higher impact exercises. I also could not help but notice how much weight you have lost! woo!woo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koshinogi View Post
hey hey all, just checking in, not been too well so not been totally op, had a migraine and that was not good, hope everyone is well,
Hope you get feeling better! Those migraines can be really bad! Good Luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Good Morning All

Well, I went out and bought a state of the art scale. I go and step on it and I am a pound and half heavier then my other old scale. So, I am going to stick with the new one and test it out.

Have a wonderful day ladies

Suzy
SuzQ-What kind of scales do you get? Don't pay any attention to your new weight just pick up where you left off and you will be fine! Have a good day!

I have lost two pounds this week. I am happy about that! I got to stay focused this week as well. Got to get moving! Everyone hang in there.

Last edited by Dumplin : 03-02-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Dumplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:44 AM   #44

Hey All:

Dumplin - I bought the one that tells you h2o/fat%/weight. I paid a chunk of change for it. I still have my old one, just in case .

I have a visitor, TOM, with me for the week. The past few weeks has just been horrible and I haven't been focusing as much as I should have been. I am hoping for a 5 lb weight loss by 1st day of spring .

Have a great day all,
Suzy

February Challenge
Old 03-03-2009, 01:39 PM   #45
e32

S/C/G: 169/157/135

hi everybody...you guys are working so hard! i'm impressed. well, i've been working hard too but i've only seen a -.4 change in the scale since last week. i'm not too bummed because i've been measuring too, and there is change there at least. i like measuring because i can have proof of where the change is happening. then i can't second guess myself/my progress. do you guys measure too?

also, i've been drinking 64+ oz water every day but i'm still feeling dehydrated/headachy...do you guys incorporate gatorade/propel into your liquids?

TOM for me is unpredictable but i can feel it looming...here's to the banishment of water weight gain!

good luck everyone!
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.