Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 08:53 AM   #31  
So close to onederland...

S/C/G: 271/ticker/160

Height: 5'-8"

Hi everyone. I'm still exercising, this is the first time in my life I've ever committed and stuck to it ( a whole week on an exercise plan?!). It has been giving me strange food cravings [I walk around like the hulk "neeeeed protein, tessa huuuungry"], and so (like the challenge #2) I had already been thinking of alternates to some of my absolute favorite foods.

Tonight I'm making the hubs beef eggrolls. Since the filling is pretty much lean beef and veggies there isn't much to update there, but I'll be making lettuce wraps for me while his will be the fried wonton wrappers. I'll post the recipe and pics tonight.

Last edited by sprklemajik; 01-09-2009 at 08:54 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Update on my nachos last night...they were not too bad, but not worth the calories either. I did cut it way way down from the original in fat grams, but it's still high enough I would not eat it on a regular basis, and it just didn't taste the same as the real thing from TB, SO I gave most of mine to hubby and just put all the taco toppings on a salad and it was sooooo good! Basically just a taco salad, but it had the taste so it cured my craving.

The chips were the biggest part of the calories, so by replacing with salad I reduced the calories and fat grams considerably:

Original TB nachos: 760 calories, 42 g fat
My salad: 275 calories, 13 g fat

Those fat grams can be reduced further if you use ff beans or leave beans off altogether, and I didn't have any ff cheese used a small amount of regular.

I didn't take pics because the batteries to my camera were completely dead and i was too hungry to wait for them to charge. Hubby did eat the nachos and said they were okay, but didn't have that "fattening" taste that makes the TB ones so good. I do like the salad though and will have it again when I get that craving.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:18 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 297.4/ticker/190

Height: 5'3"

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
Hey guys!

.....I WANTED PIZZA. I sat and STARED at a takeout flyer for umm well 20 minutes probably weighing pros and cons and if it was worth it. I googled calorie counts, I just stared at it.. and then i threw the flyer away and made a healthy dinner.....
GOOD JOB! Next time you want pizza just make it yourself....try my recipe for the tortilla pizza....if you like thin crust you'll like it....but at any rate it really satisfies my cravings for pizza without blowing my calorie budget!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Update on my nachos last night...they were not too bad, but not worth the calories either. I did cut it way way down from the original in fat grams, but it's still high enough I would not eat it on a regular basis, and it just didn't taste the same as the real thing from TB, SO I gave most of mine to hubby and just put all the taco toppings on a salad and it was sooooo good! Basically just a taco salad, but it had the taste so it cured my craving.

The chips were the biggest part of the calories, so by replacing with salad I reduced the calories and fat grams considerably:
Cool! Good job......just keep seeing what you can tweak......for my grilled chicken nachos I use the Tostitos LIGHT chips.....for 1 oz it is only 90 calories! That isn't too bad.....You can get 2oz for 180 calories and that should be more than enough.....or you can try baking some tortillas until they are crunchy and breaking them up and using them......Good job! I truely think if we approach things this way that we can conquer this....even if food seems to be a problem.....we can always make healthier versions at home......YAY!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:23 AM   #34  

Soooooo......I have been feeling SO great lately!

Getting all my working out in AND eating on plan....BUT

my hubby to a pic of me and my daughter playing in the floor the other day

and I SWEAR I look like a beached whale!!!! I just wanted to CRY cause I had

felt sooo good and even like I was losing some. So since then I have felt like

poop.....this was a couple nights ago....I have really been struggling with

snacking after supper. I think I'm going to have to consciously schedule some

workouts or something after supper....cause otherwise I eat till I go to bed.

Now...I FEEL SOOOOO HUGE. I keep telling myself, "But if you will stick with

this it will go away!" I just feel so bad when I look at myself.

I will try to get back on track today.....just needed to vent a little!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauxtini View Post
In conclusion.. i leanred my lesson! No scale EXCEPT FOR WEIGH IN DAYS AT THE SPECIFIED TIME! hehe the scale WILL NOT control my life! lol
I'm glad you learned your lesson. Congrats for not eating pizza or popcorn and soda!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Now...I FEEL SOOOOO HUGE. I keep telling myself, "But if you will stick with

this it will go away!" I just feel so bad when I look at myself.
I think we all have days like these, I know I do. Then other days I will feel great about myself. I'm hoping all of us can stick to our plans and be smaller at the end of 2009.

I am still eating OP and today was my scheduled weigh in for TBL and I lost 1.5lbs...I am soooo happy. I want it to be more, but I will take what I get. Have a great day everyone!
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 AM   #36  

Quote:
or my grilled chicken nachos I use the Tostitos LIGHT chips.....for 1 oz it is only 90 calories! That isn't too bad.....You can get 2oz for 180 calories and that should be more than enough.....
We use the baked ones because hubby is diabetic, and his doctor says those are better for him because they do not have any sugar at all. I like to use the multigrain ones, but they have sugar in them so we go with the baked..he just can't have them very often so we have been just not going to taco bell at all.

It is frustrating because he dropped just over 30 pounds in 2 months just by cutting out sugar and "white stuff" when he was diagnosed, then he hit a plateau for a few months and is now dropping a consistent 3-6 pounds a week by doing nothing other than those same dietary changes! No exercise! It frustrates me because I have to literally work my butt off and I am lucky to lose 2 lbs.

I relate a lot to your experience with the picture as well I have been avoiding pictures for years because I don't look like I feel I am inside...but the only way to fix it is to keep feelig good and keep on track. Throw that picture out and try to forget about it.

Do you have a picture of you skinny, or at least moderately skinny? Maybe start looking at that and imagine you are that way instead?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:23 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarahjs View Post
I am still eating OP and today was my scheduled weigh in for TBL and I lost 1.5lbs...I am soooo happy. I want it to be more, but I will take what I get. Have a great day everyone!
Yay....congratulations on the loss!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
We use the baked ones because hubby is diabetic, and his doctor says those are better for him because they do not have any sugar at all. I like to use the multigrain ones, but they have sugar in them so we go with the baked..he just can't have them very often so we have been just not going to taco bell at all.

It is frustrating because he dropped just over 30 pounds in 2 months just by cutting out sugar and "white stuff" when he was diagnosed, then he hit a plateau for a few months and is now dropping a consistent 3-6 pounds a week by doing nothing other than those same dietary changes! No exercise! It frustrates me because I have to literally work my butt off and I am lucky to lose 2 lbs.

I relate a lot to your experience with the picture as well I have been avoiding pictures for years because I don't look like I feel I am inside...but the only way to fix it is to keep feelig good and keep on track. Throw that picture out and try to forget about it.

Do you have a picture of you skinny, or at least moderately skinny? Maybe start looking at that and imagine you are that way instead?
Ohh...I see! Hey have you tried any of the recipes from the South Beach Diet forum....since your hubby needs little to no sugar there are some GOOD low LOW carb recipes on there....I for one can't follow the SBD but I did try the taco bake on there and I LOVED IT!

Thanks for the encouragement...I will go look for skinny pics right now
Old 01-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

MELISSA!!!!! I have some moments like that too! And believe me when I say this, driving home last night from work I realized that staying off the scale is a positive thing. I am using my body to tell me how to feel. I am able to do things I couldn't do before and it's not because there is a number that says so. It's because of my hard work and willpower. So the picture let it roll off your back and concentrate on how you feel! You were feeling great about your hard work and you SHOULD! You are working your butt off!

So now I need some help. I am going to Vegas from Sunday to Wednesday. I am bringing 30DS and all that, but I need help with the food aspect. Buy sandwich stuff and make them? Get some lean cuisines, but then what if we go out to eat? See my dilemma. Should I just get some salads? HELP!? lol
Old 01-09-2009, 11:28 AM   #39  

Red face Skinny Pic!

It isn't a real clear picture....but this is a pic of me skinner.....not at my skinnest but it was the best I could do!

My hubby and I were just dating then...he was still in school and this was before he started working out and lifting weights....he looks alot different now...WOW!

We both look so Young!

Last edited by McKenziesmomma; 01-09-2009 at 11:29 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:33 AM   #40  

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackie View Post
MELISSA!!!!! I have some moments like that too! And believe me when I say this, driving home last night from work I realized that staying off the scale is a positive thing. I am using my body to tell me how to feel. I am able to do things I couldn't do before and it's not because there is a number that says so. It's because of my hard work and willpower. So the picture let it roll off your back and concentrate on how you feel! You were feeling great about your hard work and you SHOULD! You are working your butt off!

So now I need some help. I am going to Vegas from Sunday to Wednesday. I am bringing 30DS and all that, but I need help with the food aspect. Buy sandwich stuff and make them? Get some lean cuisines, but then what if we go out to eat? See my dilemma. Should I just get some salads? HELP!? lol
Thanks for the support

If it were me I wouldn't spend a bunch of money on food to take with you....you probably won't eat it...instead you'll end up eating out....save that money and instead

#1. Don't focus attention on food...focus it on the activities your doing and having fun.
#2. When you do eat out have a salad with light dressing or grilled chiken and veggies or some kind of fish and veggies......I would avoid even looking at the menus....just ask...do you have a grilled chicken....okay I want that with some steamed veggies....
#3. Buy some cute clothes or something while your there as incentive or reward for doing good!

Have fun!
Old 01-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 214/TICKER/140

Height: 5'2 3/4 :)

Those are some really good words of advice Melissa thanks! I don't really like fish so it's all grilled chicken for me! My kryptonite will be alcohol. I know my aunt will have a drink with every meal and I will stick to water until we do our big night out on my mom's birthday to have my drink. I have started to plan it's just such a variable with food. I am going to be burning a ton of cals though walking around. I refuse to pay for a cab when all we want is right down the strip and we can walk. Why not right? lol
Old 01-09-2009, 11:51 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 160/160/115

Height: 5'2"

Well, I don't know if this counts, since it's not actually MY recipe... I'll keep working on coming up with one of my own.

My husband and I don't really eat Chinese food anymore... both for health reasons and because there aren't any good restaurants around here that are easy to get to. But I found a recipe recently that is sort of Asian-ish and I think will satisfy a craving for Chinese! I'm going to make it tomorrow.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Touch-of-O...ot-OAMC-276140

I'm going to use "light" soy sauce for a bit less sodium, and you could easily use something like that Splenda brown sugar blend, but I'm sticking with the real stuff because DH doesn't eat fake sweeteners. It would be easy to substitute chicken breasts for a bit less fat, too. I'll serve it with a little brown rice and lots of steamed broccoli. And I'll try to remember to take pictures. =]
Old 01-09-2009, 12:08 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Hey all, this is an interesting one to try, Im going to show you my Chicken tikka masala, and probably my nachos, which I do with minced meat rather than chicken, anyway not till I cook em, cause I aint eating them tonight I dont think haha not both anyways.

Gratzy Eny on the pregnancy thing, I know I dont know alot about you and everything but I can imagine you are relieved today... I hope all goes well and healthy for you, what are you hoping for??? I love baby boys ( i think it's because I like the toys I was always a tom boy as a kid) and I have the most gorgeous nephew to spoil so

Day 3 of 30ds starting today along with the pressup challenge and I'm going to start the sit up one too..

See ya's all later

Old 01-09-2009, 12:15 PM   #44  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lackie View Post
Those are some really good words of advice Melissa thanks! I don't really like fish so it's all grilled chicken for me! My kryptonite will be alcohol. I know my aunt will have a drink with every meal and I will stick to water until we do our big night out on my mom's birthday to have my drink. I have started to plan it's just such a variable with food. I am going to be burning a ton of cals though walking around. I refuse to pay for a cab when all we want is right down the strip and we can walk. Why not right? lol
Sounds like you have a pretty good plan....grilled chicken...lots of water....lots of walking....and only one occasion with alcohol...

stick to it...you should be fine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayness View Post
Well, I don't know if this counts, since it's not actually MY recipe... I'll keep working on coming up with one of my own.

My husband and I don't really eat Chinese food anymore... both for health reasons and because there aren't any good restaurants around here that are easy to get to. But I found a recipe recently that is sort of Asian-ish and I think will satisfy a craving for Chinese! I'm going to make it tomorrow.

http://www.recipezaar.com/Touch-of-O...ot-OAMC-276140
OMG....I'm LOVING YOU right now! Chinese is my ALL TIME FAVORITE food! If I can find some amazingly good Chinese dishes to cook at home it will save my pocket book as well as my waist line....I will DEFINATELY try this...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!!!!!
Old 01-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #45  

Quote:

It isn't a real clear picture....but this is a pic of me skinner.....not at my skinnest but it was the best I could do!

We both look so Young!
You are gorgeous! And you still are now...you're just going to be even hotter when you reach goal, so keep on going!

I just came back from my training walk and I am starting to feel it in my legs. Good news is I looked up proper walking form and my shoes felt so nice once I made myself stand up straight and focus on taking shorter steps and pushing off from behind, not trying to pull myself along with long steps. Form makes so much difference! The training was only 20 minutes today but I kept on going for 55, and felt so good I could have gone longer but had to go get my some from preschool.

QUESTION for you all: do you eat lunch meats, deli meats, cold cuts, whatever ya wanna call them? I always thought it was healthy and eat a lot of smoked turkey breast adn chicken breast..but I was watching a show called XWeighted (really good show) and the trainer on there said you have to throw cold cuts out and said no human should be eating that stuff he said it is high in fat, but not what I eat! The stuff I buy has very low fat and calories, so what is he talking about?

Last edited by Purplefirefly; 01-09-2009 at 12:51 PM.
Closed Thread