Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:03 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Default G2009 - Loving the Skin I'm In Challenge

Ok ladies - for all of you that have already signed up for the G2009 challenges If you haven't signed up yet, but want to - please go to:http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159273 and sign up with your current/start weight and a 2009 Goal Weight.. this is for the WHOLE YEAR!! Oh - and

<<<<ON WITH THE SHOW>>>>

THE OFFICIAL G2009 - LOVE THE SKIN I'M IN CHALLENGE!!!

Ok here's the deal with this challenge... HIDE YOUR SCALE!!! That's right - for the next 6 weeks (1/1/09 - 2/14/09) We are NOT going to weigh in! One of the biggest downfalls of losing weight is thinking that if you just exercise more, eat a little less etc. then you'll lose weight... while these ARE elements of it - for all of us there are deeper reasons in which we are at this point.

This challenge is to LEARN TO LOVE YOURSELF FIRST AND FOREMOST... You know what... it's scary... it's HARD it seems pointless in losing weight, but you know what - it is KEY! If you can't love you now, then you're NOT going to love yourself #10, #25, or even #100 lighter! If you think I'm wrong - then really look at the reasons that you're losing weight... is it for you? or is it for someone else... or the "hidden reason" of I want to look better for myself so that (insert name, object, job, task) will be easier to obtain. THAT'S NOT DOING THIS FOR YOU - THAT'S DOING IT BECAUSE YOU THINK THAT BEING A "NORMAL" WEIGHT MAKES LIFE EASIER. Well girls... Truth is - Being Fat is hard... Losing Weight is Hard... Maintaining is Hard... CHOOSE YOUR HARD! (stolen from someone's signature...)

Now this challenge isn't a "Gimme" challenge in which you can eat anything that you want and sit on your butt just because you're not reprting a number at the end of each week. YOU WILL BE REPORTING A NUMBER AT THE END OF THE CHALLENGE!

Also - to keep us motivated and moving towards POSITIVE LIFE CHANGING HABITS - My Partner-in-crime - Mel will have mini-challenges througout this one! I'm looking forward to EVERYONE'S Participation on this! It's time to TRUELY MAKE A DIFFERENCE and to STOP SABOTAGING OURSELVES WITH BAD CHOICES!!!!

***My personal disclaimer... Pregnancy Hormones have made me very tough and not so soft and fuzzy... so if I seem a little too Jillian Micheals on you - Please call me out on it!***
Old 12-31-2008, 11:11 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm pretty excited about this one. Although I know that I'll still be weighing, because of the whole Preggo thing - I think it'll be great for me to REALLY use this time to focus on me, my health and the health of the blessing growing inside of me. I'm definately going to log my exercise and water intake in my siggy. I'm going to learn to love myself, even as I expand!

Joe and I had our first Raging pregnancy hormone fight today... it sucked! I'm sure we'll get over it - but I'm definately not in my right mind and this is his first time EVER dealing with something like this! Ugh. God be with us now!
Old 12-31-2008, 11:23 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

What an interesting challenge to start out with! The only time I usually don't weigh myself is when i am gaining and don't want to face it this will be hard for me, but i will give it a try.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:30 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 261/261/135

Height: 5'2"

Oh my God. 6 weeks without weighing, I am in sooo much trouble. DH and I have a competition going that whoever loses the biggest % of body weight each week gets to sleep in on the weekend. So far I am winning for this week. I am like addicted to the scale, I weigh every day just hoping to see it move. This will be a truly hard challenge for me but I will make it through the 6 weeks. I am going to weigh on Fridays but my husband is going to look and NOT me. He will figure out who won between us and tell me if I won or not, BUT not my weight. This will be interesting.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:08 AM   #5  
Strong is the new thin!

S/C/G: 178/152/close enough

Height: 5'9 1/2"

I'll work on the philosophy of this challenge, loving and acceptance, but I can't toss the scale. I'm also doing the BL and will need to weigh for that. Plus when I don't weigh, things tend to creep up on me.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:52 AM   #6  
Sexy Writer Chick

S/C/G: 235/235/125

Height: 5'3"

Yikes! I just bought a lovely scale for Christmas. I will weigh myself in the morning and then put it away. Since I want to lose 10 lbs per month, I expect to be down 15 pounds by the middle of February. Maybe this will make me work harder so that I will exceed my goal!!

I will make sure I record my water and exercise to make me accountable.

Happy New Year Everyone
Old 01-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #7  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

First of all.. Eny.. I'm sure your fight will clear up.. probbaly by the time you read this message. Hugs to you... ahhh fun with hormones and Dh's... :hugs:

I'm all about learning to love ourselves and whatnot. My life is one big journey to enlightenment over here. Sadly, I have to weigh in for TBL challenge i'm in... but I will ONLY weigh in on THAT ONE DAY during the week.. which is an AMAZING difference from the 10 times I step on the scale per day over the the past year. ( I can't stop myself from standing on that thig EVERY TIME I go into the bathroom!!!
Sorry to not COMPLETELY get on the no weighing thing for a while.. but once a week is a big step for me!

I'm so pumped for this challenge, guys. This is OUR year!!

My DH and I have some challenges going too. Im glad he and I have these things to do together.. it's keeps us close.. even though he's deployed..
The day I weigh less than him, I get a professional CAMERA! and i'm PUMPED! hehe I only have about 30 more pounds to go... although.. he's starting his own fitness regime tomorrow too.. but its def a great challenge for me.. with a glowing camera at the end of the tunnel! lol

We are also seeing who runs 1000 miles first! The loser has to be slave for new years day next year!

Opps im rambling.. i think im just excited!!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #8  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

This is going to be hard - I'm always looking at the scale. But I'm in. I will NOT weigh myself for the next six weeks. But what I am determined to do is work my butt off. I took the day off but plan on some major moving tomorrow. I couldn't stop eating today. It was mostly fruit that I kept eating but at midnight I had some tortilla chips & chili cheese dip. Tomorrow I need to work that off.

I'm excited about this new challenge. And with this I'm changing my personal goal again -- instead of wanting to lose weight by my birthday, I should pick an article of clothing that I haven't been able to wear in a long time & work towards getting into that. That way I don't have to weigh myself. I'm so EXCITED!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 AM   #9  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

BTW

HAPPY 2009!!

Old 01-01-2009, 02:35 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Happy New Year!!

Eny- Hormones are crazy, im sure the DH will understand....eventually, haha. My sister was a real hard person to deal with when she was prego. I like a Jillian type Eny, you can whip us into shape.

Faux- Thats a cool idea for you and the DH. That sounds really fun.. Good luck!!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:33 AM   #11  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning...I'm really excited to be doing a challenge!! seem to keep missing the deadlines for sign-up so hope to have gotten into this one.

Hummm...not to get on the scale for SIX weeks...hope I don't turn into a blimp...as someone else said, I usually don't weigh when I know I'm being bad.

But this may just work....stay off the darn things and do what I'm suppose to.
I have a problem being a really bad girl

I'm ready to try really hard though....no I'm going to DO this!!!
Pat
Old 01-01-2009, 05:11 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 230/179/150

Height: 5'7"

Eny--I will not weigh, except once/week for BL challenge as others have said already. This is gonna be SO HARD for me anyway, someone used to weighing at least 2-3 times/day, just to try to keep in check any gains! But actually it will be good for me, as I've been too obsessed with the weight thing for several months now. And don't worry about the skirmish you and dh had earlier--all a part of the journey, as I'm sure he realizes, (or should!)

HAPPY NEW YEAR, btw!! Yaay 2009!!! Bring It On!!!!
Old 01-01-2009, 07:10 AM   #13  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

sounds good to me. i feel like in need a break from the scale every once and a while.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #14  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

I will have to weigh once a week for TBL challenge also.

I'm a little worried about not weighing in between. I don't hop on the scale multiple times per day...but I usually weigh every morning when I get up. The exception has always been when I was eating bad and just don't want to face the result. I use my daily weigh ins to keep from straying many times because I don't want to see a higher number the next morning...so I pass on the cake.

This challenge has me nervous.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:37 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 214/196/175

Height: 5'6"

Ok, I made my husband remove my scales I have no Idea where so I'm ready to try

Alos I posted on the last challenge, didn't realise it was close but my before pics are on there they are actually a year old so will take some fresh ones but I am only 7lbs heavier now anyway Good Luck all with this

Bev
Closed Thread