Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 11:59 PM   #106  
Isla's mommy

Height: 5'4"

Can I just say: I LOVE YOU ALL!

Just look at the support you've all shown tonight! This is a wonderful WONDERFUL group.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:08 AM   #107  
Formerly know as Fauxtini

S/C/G: 369.2/ticker/235

Height: 6'1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufi View Post
Oops, there was a post while I was posting.

Different states have different requirements for certification. Here's a link to Kentucky: http://finance.ky.gov/ourcabinet/caboff/OAS/op/dietnut/
They have some links on their site to organization e-mail addresses and phone numbers, and I bet those people could recommend schools or online programs. Good luck!
Thanks soooo much for the info! I really appreciate it! I just didn't know where to start and you've def helped me out!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:12 AM   #108  
Isla's mommy

I'm working on my journal right now -- putting all my goals in it, transfering all my notes from scraps of paper, etc... next I'm going to work on my rewards box. I have to think of things to put in there. I'll be back later I'm sure... I feel rather talkative tonight.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:16 AM   #109  

Height: 5'6"

Fauxtini:I'm totally into natural health and alternative medicine. Growing up my mom and dad grew alot of different herbs and would use them for sicknesses. My sisters and I have followed in their footsteps. My sister uses an iridologist and I finally went to her (the iridologist) this year when I was dealing with some issues with my own health and she was able to help tremendously. My sister was taking some kind of course several years ago but I don't know what it was, but it wasn't online.

Last edited by ruth135; 01-02-2009 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:23 AM   #110  

Ruth: I have really gotten into it all over the past year... it's changed my life and I don't know how I lived any other way. I just wish I knew the proper ways to make it a career.. you know? I want other's to feel as good as I do with natural health and alternative medicine. I want people to feel alive.. inside and out.
I never grew up in that sort of lifestyle as you.. hehe im envious! I have to sneak healthy stuff into my families meals.. lol
Old 01-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #111  

S/C/G: 267.5/see siggy/150

Height: 5'5

Hi all, I'm new to 3chicks but not new to dieting unfortunately!

I just wanted to quickly say that I just love, LOVE, *LOVE* the idea of no scales for six weeks. That idea rocks! I just weighed in this morning and thought to myself how much I'm going to dread weighing in every day. It seems I've always been too emotionally hinged on what number pops up...

The scale is down: "Woo yay! I can have this little treat today"
The scale is the same: "Bleh, but I did good yesterday! WTF?"
The scale is up: "Forget this, this isn't working"

It'll be fun to work REALLY hard for the next six weeks and seeing the net results at the end, instead of the day-to-day fluctuations.

And whoever it was that mentioned the 5lb bead rewards and the 5lb rewards box... I like that. I think I'll do that too! (Of course that will give me six weeks to get my box prettied up).
Old 01-02-2009, 01:08 AM   #112  

S/C/G: 195/188/145

Height: 5'3''

Hi Girls!
Wow, what have I missed. We gotta some drama going on. This is not place for drama. Leave the drama for your mama, haha. Im an idiot, I know.
Whats the big deal about not having a scale to weigh in on. Its not gonna kill a person NOT to weigh themselves.
Id like to say Thanks to Eny and Melissa for doing these challenges and making these threads. Gives me something to look forward to.
I agree with the others, if you dont like the challenges then go somewhere else, plain a simple. This site has a abundant amounts of threads. We are here to help each other not fight over the methods.

Last edited by heather1979; 01-02-2009 at 01:09 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 AM   #113  
wants to look good naked

S/C/G: 200/171.8/135

Height: 5'5"

starting at level 3
Old 01-02-2009, 02:23 AM   #114  
Isla's mommy

So I just finished my rewards box. I put in 12 things because I want to lose 60 lbs. Here's my list of rewards:

Creative Images purchase
itunes purchase
Hobby Lobby purchase
L'occitane purchase
Bath & Body Works purchase
Williams Sonoma purchase
Nordstrom purchase
James Avery purchase
Kirkland's purchase
Victoria's Secret purchase
Pottery Barn purchase
World Market purchase

I couldn't think of actually things I wanted so that's why I opted to just list the stores. I know I can buy things in each place for $25 or less. Well, the James Avery purchase will be a little more, but I've been wanting something from there for such a long time that I think this will be something that is worth spending the money. Then whenever I wear that piece of jewelry I'll know that I worked hard for it.

I can't wait to pull out my first reward! Of course it won't be for 6 weeks but that's okay... if I'm lucky maybe I'll be able to pull out 2! And I'll wear my jeans to go shopping
Old 01-02-2009, 02:29 AM   #115  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by river View Post
I'll work on the philosophy of this challenge, loving and acceptance, but I can't toss the scale. I'm also doing the BL and will need to weigh for that. Plus when I don't weigh, things tend to creep up on me.
Same here.

I really like this concept though and I am determined to only weigh myself one a week and not every day like I usually do. I am also going to try and start loving myself as I am even though I want to lose weight. Sometimes I have this mindset that when I get to goal my life will be perfect. Although I know I will feel a lot happier I also know that I will still be the same person. I have lost weight before and gotten to my goal and I never quite got to self acceptance. I still felt fat and very uncomfortable with all the attention I got. I feel like if I can work on loving myself right now with my flaws it will be easier for me when I get to goal.
Old 01-02-2009, 02:38 AM   #116  
Motivated for 2009

S/C/G: 240/200/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by McKenziesmomma View Post
Hey everyone!

If you HAVE to weigh in for another challenge then you should do so to prevent being booted from that challenge, but you do not need to report a weight to this challenge until the end of the challenge.

I'm sure Eny will agree We don't want to sabatoge your efforts in other challenges!

I'm off to post the first mini challenge!
That is a good idea! I think that is what I will do. I do think that somtimes depending too much on the scale isn't good. Sometimes I will exercise and be eating well and feel really good but then if I get on the scale and see that I haven't lost or I have gained I feel really down on myself. I like to try and gauge where I am by how my clothes are fitting and how I look and feel but it def. is tough for me to stay away from the scale.

BTW thanks so much for putting this whole challenge together, it is great!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:00 AM   #117  
Fighting to be Fit

Height: 5'3.5" Age: 22

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Do you have a link for the 200 sit up challenge? I searched for a sit up challenge and could only find a 60 sit ups in a minute one, that doesn't seem to be very well put together. If you have a link to something else please share!

twohundredsitups (dot) com

I found a reference to it on the 100 Push up site.
It's the same basic concept, just take the initial test & then follow the 6 week program that fits your level. =] Nifty, right?

Last edited by UrthWurm; 01-02-2009 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:23 AM   #118  
EACH DAY A NEW BEGINNING!

S/C/G: 172/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning everyone

Well I've done my push-up challenge and drank my first 20 oz of water so guess I got off on the right foot today. I think I'm gonna have to wait a little to do my other strength exercises, but will get them done.

Have to wait till Wed to get more groceries in here, but have some healthy food to have till then anyway. I need to plan my menu and make a list. DH is going to eat healthy also if it kills him (ha ha). He is pretty good, will eat about anything, but he needs to lose some also.

Boy it took me a half hour to catch up from where I left off yesterday, lots going on here, I really like that. I don't say a lot but I'm here...Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Patricia
Old 01-02-2009, 08:07 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 252/223/160

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Wow! I missed one evening and missed about three or four pages!

First of all: THANK YOU ENY and MELISSA! You two are awesome and I am glad that you come up with wonderful ideas for the rest of us!

I really do like the idea of staying away from the scale. I totally get the point and I am going to try it. This morning was hard not to get on it. It has been such a habit. I swear it is calling me! I will just focus on everything else I have in place. Gratification can come in many different ways...not food and not a scale. Hmmm seems like a GOOD idea to me.

One problem...I use wii fit as part of my routine. It weighs you. I guess I will have to close my eyes and push the A button quickly. LOL

This is my last day of vacation

Gotta go and tackle the BEAST (my new elliptical)
Talk to you all later!!
Old 01-02-2009, 08:08 AM   #120  

Well guys.. day two.. and still on plan.. lol I got up bright and early for yoga. Im not skipping days anymore unless im volunteering and have no choice. And in those cases I will do yoga dvds. Anyway.. off to eat breakfast!

Nessa: congrats on getting your box all done! I feel your excitment hehe You are sucha positive person! Glad you are on here
Closed Thread